Chapter Six

Eternity

I was actually looking forward to school today. Knowing that we had Tiffany on our side, and her being the Alpha's daughter made me feel really good about meeting the rest of the pack. I really hoped they accepted us and weren't too standoff-ish.
 

We'd missed our first two days of school which wasn't exactly a good start. I used to like school and despite what people believed, I got good grades. But I had a feeling that this year, this school might be different. Being in a pack would be different; the pack would have to come first.
 

I wasn't just some kid any more, I was a part of something, I was a wolf.
 

It was kind of a repeat of the first time we were attempting to start school. We got the stares as soon as we pulled up, obviously because we were the new kids, again.
 

This time as we were walking through the car park and our eyes met with Tiffany's, we didn't have some weird staring contest. She grinned widely and jogged over.
 

"Hey guys come over here and meet everyone. I've already told them all about you guys," she said with a grin. I smiled nervously and followed her. Sungmin was already ahead, keeping to her side, while I lagged behind. I was definitely more nervous now, what if they didn't like us? Holy ...what if one of these girls was my mate?!
 

"Hey guys, this is Sungmin and my favourite out of the two, Donghae," Tiffany said, pointing at us respectively. I smiled broadly and washed my eyes over the group. Not many of them here, I suspected not many of them went to college anymore or they were still in high school. A murmur of greetings and nods swept through the group as they took us in. I noticed there were more guys here then there were girls. From the few girls I did see, I knew none of these chicks were my mate. In one way, deep down, I was disappointed.
 

"This is Heechul," Tiffany said, as she pointed to a tall, lanky guy with hair over his eyes. He nodded at us. "These are the twins, Ryeowook and Yuri," she said as she pointed to two of the most opposite people I'd ever seen. The boy was quite short, tanned and stick thin with straight brown hair, and the girl was fair with wide eyes, black hair and a good few curves on her.
 

"Alright," the boy murmured as a greeting.
 

"Hey!" The girl smiled before pulling out her phone and began to tap away on it.
 

"Then this is Yubin and Sohee," she said, pointing to two girls standing together at the side of the group. Both girls had long, blonde hair. The girl Tiffany had called Yubin had ice blue eyes and light blonde hair that curled slightly. She was tall and well built, but effortlessly beautiful with her clean cut features.
 

The girl she'd called Sohee had darker hair that was absolutely straight, not one kink and she was slightly smaller with a thinner frame. She grinned and said hi whereas Yubin remained silent and expressionless. Their personalities seemed opposite to me straightaway.
 

"And finally, you have Hankyung, Kibum and Leeteuk," she said with a grin, pointing to the final three boys. Hankyung was by far the tallest, and seemed to be quite well built too.
 

"Alright dude," he said with a smile. I nodded at him and smiled back. Kibum was quite a big smaller than Hankyung. Although he was probably more built than anyone here, he wasn't one of the tallest. He smiled tightly.


Leeteuk stepped forward and held his hand out with a grin.


"Hey," he greeted, being the friendliest out of all of them. He had dark blonde long hair that he flicked out of his eyes as he stepped forward. His skinny jeans and band tee told me he wouldn't usually hang out with this type of group if it wasn't for what he was.


"Good to meet you all," Sungmin said with a smirk.


"Good to meet you too," the girl said, the one Fany had called Sohee...I think.


"Yeah, nice to meet you," I said with a smile.


"So, you joining our pack?" Leeteul said with a grin, hitting my shoulder.


"I think so; I mean we're pretty new to all this business, so yeah..."


"Yeah, well, Fany told us about your brother," The tall lanky guy said with a friendly smile...Heechul. I looked over at Tiffany and watched a warm blush spread over her cheeks. I smiled.


Before we could get to know anyone any better, the bell rang and people started to disperse inside. Heechul and Ryeowook began to walk away, throwing us a quick goodbye. Leeteuk shook our hands again and Hankyung clapped me on the shoulder.


"Good to meet you, you guys are gonna be a good addition," Hankyung said with a grin. I smiled at him before he walked away with Leeteuk and Kibum. Sohee and Yubin turned away as well and called out to Tiffany as she gave us both brief hugs goodbye.


"I'll see you guys later on," Tiffany said with a grin as she jogged off, waving at us. "Yul!" She called to the girl still tapping on her phone.


"Coming..." she replied distantly. When they were all gone I turned to Sungmin with a smile.


"Cool," he said with a grin. "We have ourselves a pack." He said with a laugh. I laughed with him and we both made our way inside.

 

 

 

*

 

 

"Today was good Fany, thanks for introducing us to everyone. I really didn't think they'd take to us so quickly," I said with a grin as we got into the car.


"No problem. And they're all such good people, they all love you guys," she said. I turned and smiled over at her. After she'd messed with my radio for a moment, arguing with Sungmin about which station we were going to have on, I spoke up again.

 

"So how old are they all? The only ones I had in my classes were Heechul, Yuri and Ryeowook," I said as we drove.


"Oh, well, Heechul, Hankyung and Sohee are Sungmin's age, 22, so they're in the top year. Then in the year below them it's us two, the twins and jack. Then the others are in the year below us guys, so Kibum and Yubin," she said with a smile.


"Oh, cool." I said as I tried to remember that. "So I'm guessing there's no other wolfs at school?"


"Nope, all our other pack members are older, mostly. There's a few kids who will be moving up next year. All the "youngsters" are like Siwon's age. The pack's kinda waiting for our generation to have the next kids," she said with a laugh.


"I see," I said. "Are all of you expected to have kids young?" I asked, kinda horrified at the thought of having a kid right now.


"Yes. It's a wolf thing I suppose," she said with a smile. "But when most wolves find their mates, its almost instinct anyway, it's hard to resist the pull of wanting a baby with the person you love." I laughed out loud.


"Does Siwon hyung know how you feel?" I said through my laughter. She smirked. "Oh yeah. In fact males feel it more. You know, to carry on the bloodlines and all. And there's no point saying anything, you'll feel the same."

 

"Hmm, I'm not sure about that," I said seriously.

 

"He's right. There's no way I could deal with a baby and a cranky woman at my age," Sungmin said, shaking his head. Tiffany chuckled.

 

"We'll see who's laughing when you find you mate Sungmin," She sang. I couldn't help but smirk at him. He just rolled his eyes.

 

"So you staying over for dinner tonight?" I asked Tiffany after a while.

 

"I'm not sure. I was just going to say hi to Siwon oppa. I haven't seen him yet today," she said as she pouted, looking out the window.

 

"Well, you'll be welcome whatever you decide to do," I said with a grin as I pulled into our driveway.

 

But she wasn't really listening any longer. She was already jumping out of the car before I'd parked it. She'd spotted Siwon in the garden, topless working on his car. She ran out quicker than I thought I could run and jumped on him, wrapping herself around him tightly from behind. He grabbed her and swung her around as he laughed before resting her on the trunk of his car and kissing her passionately.

 

I climbed out of the car after Sungmin and made my way inside. I didn't care much for their lovey-dovey show out there, and I certainly didn't care to see them go any further.

 

Sungmin sighed and threw himself down on the sofa.

 

"Does it make you sad? Seeing them two I mean, seeing how happy they are? Does it make you want to find your mate?" He asked. I sat next to him.

 

"Sometimes," I admitted. "But I mostly don't want to find my mate yet. Having a mate would be stressful... all that protectiveness, that need to be with them. I think I'd find it hard to deal with." I said. Sungmin just nodded distantly.

 

Perhaps he was right though. I mean, seeing them out there, so happy, it made me crave a girl like that, someone who was that desperate to see me, someone who would jump on my back just because she could, someone who I could kiss like that. Someone to love I guess. Some to hold and comfort, and someone I wanted to protect. I suppose that could be kind of cool...

 

"Hey guys, how do you feel about going out tonight?" Tiffany asked as she walked through the front door with Siwon, his arm slung casually over her shoulder. He was grinning happily.

 

"Um sure, sounds good. Where were you thinking?"

 

"Well, there's this bar down in the city and my cousin's band is in town tonight. She's playing there. I thought it would be cool for us guys to check it out." She said with a grin. Siwon wrapped his other arm across her waist and pulled her into him further.

 

"Yeah that sounds good," Sungmin said.

 

"Great!" Tiffany said, clapping her hands together.

 

"Cool. See you guys later," Siwon said with a smirk before grabbing Tiffany's hand and hauling her away up the stairs. I rolled my eyes.

 

Guess we're gonna be meeting even more people tonight then. And maybe, just maybe, Sungmin could even find his mate.