Chapter Four

Eternity

"What pack are you guys part of?" She asked suddenly. I saw Siwon tensed and I felt my heart rate doubled. He glanced over her head towards me, sending me a panicked glance. I shrugged feeling just as confused as he was. Great, now we were in trouble.

 

"Uh, why don't we go up to my room?" Siwon suggested shakily. "We'll talk up there." He pushed her away, she frowned but didn't make any move to object. I smiled slightly at her as he led her upstairs and sighed with relief when they'd disappeared. With any luck, they wouldn't get round to any talking tonight and knowing Siwon, I could count on it.

 

Sometimes I think to myself, lucky bastard. He found his mate, and she's damn hot. But then... it'll only lead to trouble. And how much trouble was this girl going to cause for hyung? What if she tore him away from the family? Would she even be worth it then? The way he moved around her, the way he looked at her, it was like they'd known each other forever. I envied it, but at the same time it scared me. I didn't want to be that reliant on another person. I didn't want to feel like they were the only person holding me to the earth, because it would hurt too much. If something happened, it would be unbearable. So what was the point of risking it?

 

I was dreading tomorrow. I was dreading the moment she would run down those stairs and straight to her house to tell her alpha father all about the rogues living down the road. Tomorrow we'd have to leave. And tomorrow would be the start of a life of hell for Siwon, without his mate. Tomorrow wasn't looking good.

 

 

 

***

 

 

I'd fallen asleep on the sofa. And now I was cramping up. it. I could barely lift my neck.

 

"Sup?" Sungmin asked as he pushed my legs off one end of the sofa so he could sit down. The force of my legs moving carried my whole body off and before I could stop myself, I was a lump on the floor. I groaned.

 

"Why'd you sleep down here?" Sungmin asked as he slurped a spoonful of his cereal without glancing at me, keeping his eyes firmly on the TV.

 

"Fell asleep," I grumbled as I tried to stand up. "You seen Siwon hyung?"

 

"Nah, must still be in his room," Sungmin said.

 

"You seen his mate?"

 

"She's here?!" he asked, finally tearing his eyes from the screen to glance at me. I nodded.

 

"Stayed over. I had a run in with them both last night," I said.

 

"Yeah? What happened?"

 

"She asked about our pack," I said warily. Sungmin's eyes bulged.

 

"What?!" He yelled.

 

"That's why I was asking if you'd seen Siwon."

 

"What did you tell her?!" He asked, ignoring me. I shrugged.

 

"That's hyung's place. And I don't know what he told her," I said.

 

"Ah . Dad wanted to get away before this chick found out. Why would you tell her?!"

 

"We didn't tell her! She asked!"

 

"Morning," a new voice interrupted. We both turned to glare at Siwon. There was a second's pause and then we both jumped towards him.

 

"What did you tell her?"

 

"Does she know?"

 

"Has she gone home to tell her father?"

 

All came out as a jumble of Sungmin's voice and mine. Siwon stepped back away from us.

 

"I didn't exactly...explain yet," he mumbled. I glared at him.

 

"Did she ask more questions? What did you tell her?!" I cried.

 

"We didn't do much talking," he admitted sheepishly running a hand through his hair with a grin. Sungmin face-palmed himself.

 

"You're a wolf, not a damn rabbit," I growled through my teeth.

 

"Dude, with her, I could be a rabbit," Siwon said, closing his eyes and shaking his head.

 

"Shut your mouth, hyung. Where is this girl?" Sungmin asked irritably.

 

"This girl is my mate and she has a name," Siwon warned threateningly at Sungmin.

 

"I don't give a damn what her name is. I asked where she was," Sungmin said.

 

"I don't give a damn what you asked. It's none of your ing business."

 

"It's all our ing business because it's her fault that we're about to be run out of yet again, another town!"

 

"None of this is her fault!" Siwon growled. I sighed and watched them with a frown. Damn stupid family feuds.

 

"It will be when she runs to papa wolf about the rogues living down the street," Sungmin growled. And then Siwon jumped, with his fist outstretched and Sungmin's face in his line of aim. I grimaced at the sound of the crack. I couldn't remember how many times Sungmin had had that damn nose broken. I watched as all hell was about to break loose, I was waiting for Sungmin to jump around and swear. Then Siwon would sear back and they'd probably shift and break the table. Then mum would get angry and dad would tell them to get the hell outside right now. I'd seen it all before a million times. And it was about to happen now. Or it would have done...if she hadn't interrupted.

 

"You guys are ing rogues?"