Chapter Thirteen

Eternity

Donghae's POV

 

 

 

She wasn't going to pick up... , she couldn't do this to me, she had to pick up. She had to.

 

"Ugh. Hello?" She grumbled. I staggered at the sound of her voice. The voice I'd wanted to hear again for days. Just her voice alone made me feel instantly better; hearing and knowing she was okay, she was safe. The feeling of needing to see her and hold her washed over me more strongly. She was my other heart and I needed her so badly right now.

 

"Tiff, you there? What's up?" She asked. Oh , she thought I was Tiffany! Of course, I was using Tiffany's phone, she had caller ID. What would she do when she found out it was me? She seemed pretty damn fixed on not being in my life. Would she hang up? Damn I really hoped she didn't.

 

"It's not Tiffany," I whispered huskily, not being able to get my voice out in anymore than a whisper at the thought of her being there, so close yet so far.

 

"Oh," she breathed.

 

"Just please, don't hang up," I begged. She didn't answer but I could hear her soft breathing, making me tingle.

 

"What do you want?" she asked curiously, not in a malicious or harsh way at all. In fact, she sounded timid.

 

"I need to see you," I breathed, clutching the phone tighter in my fist. The remains of my heart were beating more quickly the more she spoke. Her voice started an immediate response in my body.

 

"No," she said instantly, her tone hardening. "I told you to forget me."

 

"You think that's possible? How can I forget you? You're my mate," I said firmly.

 

"I'm not your anything. And I never will be. Forget it," she said.

 

"Why are you pushing me away?" I asked harshly. "It's not going to do either of us any good and you know you won't be able to do this so just give in."

 

"Goodbye Donghae."

 

"Don't!" I roared. "Don't you dare hang up! I'll just call you back and I'll keep calling you till you answer." There was silence and for a moment, I thought she'd gone. And then I felt the colour drain from my body as my stomach twisted uncomfortably. Had I scared her? I'd shouted at her, oh God, had I scared her?

 

"What do you want from me?" She whispered. I breathed a sigh of relief and clutched the phone to me, gripping it for strength. I couldn't lose my temper like that around her. I'd never forgive myself if I scared her away; she was already hanging on by a thread, one I was desperately clutching.

 

"Tell me where you are Jessica. I need to see you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

 

 

Oh God. What had I done?

 

Now I was in trouble.

 

I'd been trying so hard. I knew the fact I was feeling unwell was due to being away from him, but I'd done so well to ignore it. Jen had picked up on it and I'd had to tell her about my mate but even then, I'd managed not to think about him. Kris hadn't brought it up too much but I had, however told him we could no longer be together because of it. But even then, I'd never let myself feel that need to see him.

 

But then I'd heard his voice. And I'd just crumbled. I'd wanted to cry at the feeling that coursed through me. I'd felt weak. And I knew I wouldn't be able to resist, to hold back for much longer.

 

We were made to be together.

 

I wasn't made to be able to resist him.

 

But now I had no chance, because I'd told him where I was.

 

I'd given him Kai's address.

 

I stood up from the bed and took a deep breath. What was I going to do? I couldn't see him, I just couldn't, it would kill me to have to resist again. I know he'd do something to make me give in to him. I'd been so close to doing just that when we'd met at the bar; I knew that after spending so long without him, I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

 

Maybe I could stay up here and get one of the guys to get rid of him? I didn't really have any other way. But it would have to be Kris, he was the only one who knew about him, plus I knew secretly that Kris would be more than pleased to get rid of him.

 

I bit my lip nervously and pulled my bedroom door open. Baekhyun was running downstairs ahead of me, a ball in hand.

 

"Hey, Baekhyun, you seen Kris?" I called out. He paused on the step and turned, grinning when he saw it was me.

 

"Yeah Jess, he's out back. We were all just gonna play," he said, holding up the ball. "You in? He asked with a grin. I shook my head gently. I couldnn't play games like that anyway, not that he knew of course. I couldn't run much anymore, it took too much out of me.

 

"I'll pass. I just needed to talk to Kris," I followed him down the stairs and waited in the kitchen for Kris. When he entered, he was laughing at something from outside, breathless and topless. I glanced at him and he grinned.

 

"Everything okay Jess?" He asked as he poured himself a glass of water. I cleared my throat.

 

"Actually, no. I've done something I shouldn't have," I said nervously. He glanced over me and threw a disapproving look. I spoke again before he could. "I told my mate where I am," I said quickly. Kris frowned.

 

"So? Surely that's a good thing right? I mean, I know you must be dying to see him. I see how Luhan gets when he isn't around Mae. And when they meet again, they can't keep their hands off each other. Hell, they haven't come out of his room since she got here yesterday," he said with a laugh.

 

"But I don't want to see my mate," I said firmly, trying not to think of what it would be like to spend a day or two locked in a room with Donghae.

 

"We both know that's not possible," he said.

 

"I'm not getting anywhere near this guy, Kris."

 

"Why the hell not? Why would you want to try and resist that bond?" He asked incredulously. I glanced down at my interlocked fingers, shuffling nervously.

 

"You know why," I said softly.

 

"My God, Jessica. Don't tell me this is because...! This is because of your LAM?!" He cried.

 

"Shut up!" I hissed, glancing around anxiously.

 

"Why would that stop you?"

 

"You know why," I said accusingly. "This is hard enough on my parents and you; I can't ever do it to him too."

 

"You think he'd rather have never known you Jessica?!" He asked. "Because you know I wouldn't! I'd rather live your last year with you a thousand times, and deal with all the drama that comes with it than never have that chance at all!" He said strongly. "Don't do that to him. He'll never forgive you."

 

"You think he'll forgive me for leaving him?!" I gasped as I felt the onslaught of tingling in my eyes. "He'd hate me for that."

 

"It's not my fault. No one will ever hate you for it."

 

"Imagine it Kris. Imagine meeting your mate to know they're dying."

 

"That's not even a certainty."

 

"Oh get over it! It's going to happen and we both know it Kris!" I said angrily.

 

"He'd hate you for this. He'd hate you if he knew how you were giving up," he said.

 

"Look, it's better every way if he just never knows me. Then he has nothing to miss," I said tiredly, turning to leave.

 

"Of course he has! He has his mate that he never even got a chance to know. A mate he had no memories with! He'll blame himself forever for not trying harder, he'll hurt forever Jessica. What you're doing is wrong," Kris said angrily.

 

I stopped in the doorway. His words seemed to ring throughout me, he was right. Everything he was saying was true. But I couldn't do it. How could you ever tell your mate, your second heart, that you were going to die? That they had no chance of making a life with you because your life was already over. I could just imagine the hate in his eyes when I told him. And that would destroy me, having to see him look at me that way. He may miss me if he never knew me, but at least he wouldn't know what he was missing. He'd move on eventually and be wouldn't have the memories of me to plague him.

 

"He'll be on his way here, Kris. Just get him to leave when he arrives," I said quietly before dropping my head and walking away.

 

 

 

 

The next chapter would be a good one. Look forward to it! (: