Chapter Eleven

Eternity

Donghae's POV

 

 

I stood up to stretch as all my muscles screamed in protest from the uncomfortable position I'd fallen asleep in. As I did, a short pain shot through my chest. I took a deep breath and waited for it to pass. I frowned and continued to stretch.


Everyone else had gone to bed ages ago and I hadn't realised how tired I'd been when I laid down on the sofa. Mum and Dad were asleep, Sungmin hadn't come home and Siwon was in his room with Tiffany. Although I knew they definitely weren't asleep, I could hear they weren't asleep.

 

I groaned and rubbed my eyes wearily. I had a feeling I wasn't sleeping anymore tonight. I'd found sleep hard the past few nights when all I had on my mind was her. I'd expected the feeling of need for her to have started to dissipate by now, but if anything it got stronger the more I was away. Or the more she was away.


I sighed and walked into the kitchen, not bothering to flick on the light as I headed to the sink to get a glass of water.


I'd felt determined to ignore it when she'd first done it. I mean, she was just a chick right? I couldn't let her get to me.

 

But that was the problem, she wasn't just a chick, she was my other heart; my soulmate. My mother always used to tell us stories about mates when we were young. She'd told us that werewolves were born with twin hearts, we had to find the other one and we wouldn't feel whole until we did. She said we'd feel it straight away when we found the person whose heart was identical to ours. Our mate.

 

Oh I'd felt it alright. I still feel it now. Except now it feels like she's walked off with her heart and my badly torn one, and I'm slowly bleeding to death, on the inside, so it's impossible for me to staunch the blood...

 

I snorted into my glass and threw it back into the sink. I was not going to let this girl get the better of me. Who even said I needed a heart? I've been internally bleeding to death for three days straight, and I had to say I was doing pretty well.

 

I'll show everyone...


"Kyuhyun, shut up," someone hissed light-heartedly before they laughed.

 

I froze. I could almost feel the dying ends of my torn heart speed up.

 

That was Sungmin's voice. And Kyuhyun was his mate. Oh for s sake. They were in the lounge...doing stuff. I shivered at the thought. I might not have been against gay dudes but the thought still turned me off, big time.

 

I cringed and stepped forward, trying to ignore the noises coming from the sofa. But it's hard trying to creep around a house you've only just moved into, especially more so when it's dark.

 

Of course, I went and stubbed my toe, which almost felt more painful than having your heart pulled out. Note the keyword: almost.

 

"Ah, !" I yelled as I grbbed my foot and fell to the floor. I heard a thump and a groan from the sofa and a low muffled "Ow". I guessed one of them had fallen off it. I would have laughed had I not have just smashed a toe.

 

"Donghae! What the are you sneaking for?!" Sungmin yelled angrily.

 

"I stubbed my toe!" I wailed dramatically.

 

"Get out of here!"

 

"I was here first. You two get out of here!"

 

Suddenly, light flooded the room and Siwon was standing at the bottom of the stairs in all his -apart-from-boxers glory. I snorted at his raging expression and when he turned his wrath on me, I burst out laughing.

 

"What the 's going on?" He yelled.

 

"I stubbed my toe!" I cried, jokingly at the same time Sungmin snarled.

 

"Donghae's being a damn sneak."

 

"What are you doing in the dark?!" He asked. I suddenly guessed Kyuhyun had gotten up from the floor because Siwon made a kind of gagging noise in his throat.

 

"Oh God, Sungmin are you kidding me?!" Siwon yelled before turning and throwing his hands up.

 

"What is all the noise?!" Tiffany whispered as she emerged next to Siwon.

 

"Go back to bed, Fany," Siwon said dismissively.

 

"I stubbed my toe! And no one is giving me any attention!"

 

"No one cares!" Sungmin yelled.

 

" you hyung; I'll have you know you can't walk without toes so you better find me some medical attention..."

 

"Donghae, don't be a baby," Tiffany said as she rolled her eyes.

 

"Nice PJ's Fany," I sneered, laughing at her cleverly chosen attire of and Siwon's t-shirt.

 

"Go back to bed!" Siwon told her. "Or put some more damn clothes on," he hissed.

 

"Shouldn't have taken them off me, then we wouldn't be having this conversation," she muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

More lights were suddenly flicked on and we all went deathly quiet as dad appeared at the top of the stairs.

 

"What the is all the noise?" He asked seriously.

 

Siwon cleared his throat quietly before scooping Tiffany up and running back into his room before he could get throttled by dad.

 

"Uh..." Sungmin groaned.

 

"I stubbed my toe..." I whispered dejectedly.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

 

We pulled up outside Kai's house. This was our stop for the next few days. This was where we usually came in between venues. His home could house a thousand people if needed, so the five of us were fine here.

 

His mum and dad were rattling around alone in this big house anyway. Now that his other brothers had left, we were always welcome whenever. And I especially appreciated having the female company. Kai's mum felt more like a mother to me than my own.

 

I jumped out of Kris's Jeep eagerly and Luhan followed closely behind. I was tired and desperate to catch up on some well needed sleep; in the only bed I considered my own.

 

"Home sweet home," Baekhyun joked as he slung an arm over my shoulder. "You're looking happier already, Jessie," he said with a grin. Before I could push him off, Kris called him.

 

"Hey, Strings, come help me get these bags out!" Kris yelled. Baekhyun let go of me with a light shove and went over to help Kris. Strings was a name the guys had given Baekhyun when he'd joined the band and had taken over, forcibly, from Kai, as the lead guitarist. I had to admit, the boy knew how to work his strings. I smiled.

 

I jogged over to the guys and grabbed my small suitcase full of the things I only ever took on tour. Luhan grabbed his bag and followed me towards the house.

 

"Glad to be off the road?" I asked.

 

"You know me too well," he said with a smirk. "I really hope Jen's baked some of those lemon cookies."

 

"You know better than to doubt her, Lu Lu" I said with a laugh.

 

"Yeah, you're right Jess," he said with a grin. "Save one for me would ya? You know what they're like," he said nodding back at the guys. "I'm gonna give Mae a call first," he said. I smiled at him. Luhan had known his mate since he was thirteen. They'd been best friends and it had been the easiest mate relationship I'd ever seen. I'd always been jealous.

 

Mae was stunningly beautiful and there was no way Luhan would have gotten a girl like that had they not been Mates. It was funny the way she pined after him, most people couldn't believe it. I'd heard many people joke about him having to be rich as theres no other reason she'd be with him. I beg to differ, they obviously didn't know Luhan.

 

Suddenly, Kai's huge husky dog, Monggu, came bounding out the front door in front of Jen. I grinned and knelt down to grab her. She knocked me straight off my feet onto the floor and I laughed as she nuzzled me face. I loved dogs, and they loved us. Instinct taught them we were the same.

 

"Monggu, get down," Jen hissed embarrassedly.

 

"Honestly Jen, it's fine," I said with a giggle as Kai yanked his dog off me and cuddled her himself. I laughed as Kris helped me up and I brushed myself off. I turned to Kai's mum and pulled her into a tight hug.

 

"Oh I missed you guys!" She said happily. She released me and moved to the other guys. Kai blushed profoundly as she kissed his cheek.

 

"Mum," he groaned. We all laughed and turned to head back inside, Monggu jumping crazily from one of us to the next. I grinned as Kris threw his arm around my shoulder and took my bag in his hand.

 

This was my family and I was happy. Who needed a mate when you had family like this...?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeSica's meeting in two chapters! Be excited!