The Weird and the Nice

Moon And Maknae

Chapter 8: The Weird and the Nice

 

“Sunyoung let’s go!” Amber called her for the second time before Luna realized that she had just been standing there. Well she was waiting but not really wanting to admit it. She had been waiting for something or someone. A text, a call or anything from Taemin. f(x) is now leaving for USA. After that fateful night that they had their first kiss Luna was woken up by a call early in the morning by her manager. She has to go home to their dorm and prepare to leave right away. The trip to US had been postponed twice and suddenly they’re made to leave right away. Good thing the girls had already packed their bags for the trip. Luna did not even have time to say goodbye to Shinee. No one was awake when she left and she hurriedly left a note for them. She did not dare wake anyone or in particular Taemin.

“Are you okay?” Victoria asked her.

“Neh unnie, I just didn’t say goodbye properly to Shinee.” Luna said.

“That’s fine unnie, just give them something good when you come back.” Sulli suggested. Sulli, Krystal and Victoria were seating next to each other while Amber and Luna sat beside each other.

“Sunyoung-ah we should sleep while we can,” Amber said right before the plane took off. “We sure would be busy once we get there.” Luna could tell Amber is excited though, she’s coming home after all.

“Hey where’s Luna?” Onew asked. He was expecting Luna to be telling him breakfast is ready. She usually makes sandwiches in the morning.

“She left hyung,” Minho said. “There’s a note here.” Minho showed him the note. “I bet she’s on the plane now.”

“Sunyoung must have been in a hurry,” Jonghyun said with the note in his hand. “She clumsily wrote our names here.”

Key snatched the note from Jonghyun. “Tsk she always writes Onew hyung’s name first.”

Minho took a look at the note again missing that part. He wanted to check if he came in second. But he actually came in third. “You’re last Kibum.”

“At least I was written,” Key said looking at Taemin who had been unusually quiet since he came out of his room. Taemin is usually quiet but today is quite different.

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked and took the piece of paper from Minho. “Eh? She forgot Taemin.”

Onew looked at Jonghyun. “Taemin must have done something that made her forget him.” Minho and Key laughed at this. Jonghyun remembered what happened last night and wanted to ask but Onew beat him to it. “By the way where did you two go last night?”

Taemin took a few seconds to answer. “Just driving around.”

“Oh Taemin must have been testing his dating skills with Sunyoung.” Key teased and together with Minho he laughed again. Taemin had been asking Jonghyun about women and dating a lot since he started WGM with Na Eun. He might look like he’s not interested with women but Taemin is like the secret Casanova in Shinee.

“Don’t miss Sunyoung too much arrasseo?” Minho . “I’m sure she left you with a goodbye kiss before she left though.”

Taemin’s cheeks changed a shade of pink with this but he was quick to stand up and push Minho playfully.

The older ones started to move around preparing for their own schedules while Taemin went back to his room and checked his phone. Not one message from her. Did she intentionally forget to write his name on the note?

When f(x) got back from the US, they became even busier. With Luna’s practice for the musical and their own group’s activities and practice their manager decided that she stay with the girls first until their comeback. Shinee also became busy with their own activities in Japan. She had not seen them since she left for the US and she misses all the guys. She calls them sometimes whenever she gets the time but she had never called Taemin, thinking he should call first.

She was practicing alone when she should have gone home already, she’s always been like this for every comeback. Every stage is important, and anyone watching them should be satisfied that’s why she always gives her all when performing.

“Sehun?” Luna saw him standing just at the door when the song was done.

“Still as sharp as always with your moves Sunyoung,” Sehun said moving towards her with a towel for her.

“Thanks,” she accepted the towel and wiped her face. She’d known Sehun since training days, they’d been teamed up a lot of times for dancing. “How long have you been there?”

“Just about a minute or two.” Sehun said and handed her a bottled water.

Luna smiled at him. “Thank you.”

“Why are you still here?” he asked. “I saw the others left earlier.” And that’s why he’s here because he knew that Luna would be alone practicing just like before.

“Just passing time,” Luna answered. “You?”

“Oh I wanted to see you,” Sehun said and Luna giggled, she’s used to Sehun saying this. “Wae? I wanted to see my sunbae,” he added.

Luna patted his back. “Arrasseo, arrasseo. Sehunnie why don’t’ we go out?”

The two found a bench and sat together with their sweets and coffee, Luna had always wanted to visit a park when it’s dark and watch the stars.

“How’s everyone doing in EXO?” Luna had known some of the guys from training.

“We’re all good and happy,” Sehun said looking at Luna who was busy staring into the sky. He knew Luna loves to watch the stars and he had been with her sometimes at the rooftop just sitting for an hour or two looking into the night. “How about f(x)?”

“Hmm?”

Sehun smiled, she might have been too caught up that she didn’t hear him. “How’s f(x)?”

“Oh, we’re all tired but happy. It’s good to be back.” Luna replied. “We should all get together sometime. I miss the days when we’d all stay in the training room just dancing whatever.”

“And eating a lot too,” Sehun added. He’s known Luna and Amber since he started training with SM. Luna is always friendly and never hesitates to help anyone who’s in need and that’s one of the things that makes her a very good friend.

“We haven’t given you a proper welcome, as sunbaes we should all treat you to dinner.” Luna thought for a moment and decided to talk to the girls later about this.

“Nah that’s not necessary.”

“Of course it is, Shinee gave us one before. It’s tradition you know.” Luna said. Soon after Victoria called her asking why she’s not home yet. “That’s Victoria unnie.”

“You should be going home.” Sehun said. “Come on.”

“Are you going back to SM?”

“Nope, I have to go home too. I’ll send you home first.” Sehun took her bag. “Your bag is always heavy Sunyoung.”

“Neh I have a lot of things, but Sehun you don’t have to send me home.”

“Ani, I should. That’s what a man should do.” He said this so seriously that Luna bursts out laughing. “What?” Luna laughs at almost anything sometimes.

“You sound like a gentleman now.” Luna remarked. “I didn’t think that someone who used to go shopping with me now talks like a gentleman.”

Sehun smiled remembering the times when he and Luna would go out to the sale markets trying out everything their money could buy them. Sometimes Amber or Luhan would tag along.

“Sunyoung, I’m all grown up now.” Sehun said.

“Aigoo, the baby had grown up after all.” Luna would always being a baby.

They arrived at f(x) dorm sooner than they thought and Luna insisted that Sehun come so he could greet the girls too.

“Amber unnie would be happy to see you,” Luna said as she entered the code to their dorm. “Come in Sehun,” she grabbed his hand casually and led him in. “Sulli! Soojung! Amber unnie? Umma! We have a visitor!” But Luna stopped when she saw who was in the living room. It’s not just the girls but Key and Onew.

“Onew oppa!” She squealed and ran to Onew hugging him. “Wah! You’re back from Japan!”

Onew hugged her back, Luna had always been affectionate and was not afraid to show it. That’s why she’s his favorite dongsaeng. “You’ve been well?” Luna nodded.

“Oh Sehun is here too,” Luna said pulling Sehun again by the hand. The other guy greeted Key and Onew.

“Unnie!” Krystal called her and Luna turned towards Krystal to see Taemin and Jonghyun behind her. “You’re late.” Krystal who would always show her feelings whenever she wants pouted at Luna.

“Oh neh, sorry about that. Sehun and I were strolling in the park. We didn’t notice the time.”

“Good to see you Sunyoung,” Jonghyun interrupted before Krystal could say something more. “Don’t I get a hug too?” he said and opened his arms for Luna who gave him a quick hug in return.

“Yah you didn’t even glanced at me,” Key grumbled and Luna turned back to him giving him a big hug too.

“Just in time for dinner Sunyoung,” Minho said as he came out with Amber from the kitchen. “Sehun, you’re here too?”

“Neh hyung, I accompanied Sunyoung home.” Sehun explained.

“Why don’t we all gather and have some dinner before all this talk?” Victoria announced.

“Wah I’m so hungry noona,” Key said.

“Sehun you should stay for dinner,” Luna said.

“Ani, I need to go home.” Sehun said.

“Nonsense, why don’t you join us?” Amber said grabbing Sehun’s arm but he feels intruding into Shinee and fx)’s time. They all look like friends who are in a reunion and he feels like an outsider.

“Sehun, sit here.” Luna called him indicating the seat beside her. Sulli was quick to grab Sehun’s arm and made him sit beside him.

“We have a lot of catching up to do unnie,” Sulli said to Luna.

“Oh is that so?” Luna said. She had been avoiding looking at Taemin since he appeared earlier. She could still remember the last time they were together and what happened between them. Did he tell the others? Taemin has a habit of making fun of anything. What if he decides to make a joke about that? Or maybe he had forgotten about that night.

“Oppa try this one, Victoria unnie makes them so good you think you’re in heaven.” Luna was about to give the dish to Onew when Amber took it from her and passed it to Onew.

“Taemin why are you still standing there? Take a seat,” Victoria said and the only vacant seat was the one next to Luna. He slowly made his way to her and she could smell that familiar scent of his. She’s not sure how Taemin manages to smell like a baby.

Krystal eyed them curiously noticing the sudden awkwardness between the two. Jonghyun nudge Krystal telling her to eat her food and she had forgotten what she was about to say.

They talked about their own activities and when the next SM Town would be, they always have fun during SM Town being with their sunbaes and other label mates. When dinner was done Amber insisted that everyone should stay to watch a movie but Sehun said he has to go.

“See you around Sehun,” Amber said. “We should always be seeing each other whenever you come for Show Champion.”

“Sehun you should bring this to the others,” Victoria handed him some food she packed earlier.

“Oh thanks noona,”Sehun said bowing to Victoria. “I should be going. Thanks for dinner.” He also said goodbye to Shinee.

“I’ll walk you out,” Luna offered grabbing Sehun’s hand. “I’ll buy something to drink too. What do you all want?” Victoria told her what to buy and she hurriedly left with Sehun.

“What’s taking Sunyoung so long?” Amber voiced out what she had been thinking when Luna still did not come back after 30 minutes. She was about to say that she’d go find Luna when Key said that Taemin would do it.

“Taemin could find her faster,” Key added when Amber was about to question Key. “He has her tracked,” he whispered so only she could hear.

“Unnie didn’t bring her phone with her,” Sulli said holding Luna’s phone in her left hand.

“Taemin your wife is missing again,” Jonghyun said when Taemin still didn’t make a move to look for Luna.

“She might be having fun picking the snacks,” Onew said.

“I should follow her,” Victoria said and she knows Onew is right. Luna has a habit of taking her time whenever she picks something to eat.

“No need noona, I’ll go.” Taemin said when Victoria was about to go out.

“Are you sure?” Victoria asked.

“Yes,” Taemin replied grabbing his coat. He hurriedly walked when he was outside the dorm. It was Key’s idea that they go surprise f(x) for dinner. They wanted to congratulate the girls and cheer them for their comeback and new album. They had not been around when the girls started their promotions and they wanted to give them their support because f(x) never fails to show their support in anything Shinee does. But when they got there only Krystal, Sulli and Amber were home. Victoria was still out doing some grocery and Luna is still not home and they don’t know where she’s at. And when Luna finally showed herself she was with Sehun.

He had not talked to Luna at all since she left Shinee’s dorm. It had been awkward right before she left and she had not made contact at all. He knew she had been keeping in touch with the others after she came back from US and when Shinee was staying in Japan. What the other Shinee guys didn’t know is that they had not talked at all. He was glad at first that Luna would be living with f(x) again, that means he’d have his room all by himself again. He won’t have anyone else asking him whatever and would not have to force himself to answer to any question or talk about whatever she wants to talk about. But just three days after Luna left all of them felt her absence the house was unusually quiet, no one would loudly greet them in the morning or tell them goodbye when they leave, no one was there to welcome them home at night or give them late snacks or second round of dinner after a long day of schedules and training. No one was there to tell them they look good or to wish them good luck before they leave the house. He could tell the others feel this way too. Key would often mention Luna’s name in any conversation like “if Sunyoung was here she’d want to eat this as well” or “I’m sure Sunyoung would laugh so loud if she sees this”.

He found a store and he went inside thinking Luna might be here and he was right Luna was busy checking out some snacks and candies and it seems she can’t decide what to get.

“Sunyoung,” he called her and she was surprised that she dropped all the snacks on the floor. “Aish, so clumsy.” Taemin muttered as he helped her pick the snacks. “Why did’t you get a basket?”

“I didn’t know I’d end up getting these many,” Luna replied. Taemin took everything she had been holding. “Thanks.”

“Still not done here?” Taemin asked. “We’d been waiting forever for you.” Luna thought Taemin is exaggerating again. He always does.

“Oh sorry, you didn’t have to follow me though. I’m about done here.”

“I didn’t follow you. Uhm Sulli wanted some ice cream.” Taemi lied.

“Is that so? Oh I want ice cream too.” Luna’s eyes sparkled like a child.

“I thought you’re on a diet,” Taemin reminded her and her face fell like she just remembered. She had been told yesterday to continue her diet for another month or two. He noticed the change in her mood. “Come on let’s get you some ice cream then.”

Luna thought she heard wrong but followed Taemin anyways. He got two gallons of ice cream of different flavors. And one cup of strawberry flavored one after both of them went to the counter to pay.

“Oh I forgot my wallet.” Luna said.

“You even forgot your phone,” Taemin told her getting his wallet and paying for everything.

“Sorry Taemin, I’ll pay you when we get home.” She said but Taemin told her there’s no need. When they were walking home Taemin got the cup of ice cream from the plastic bag and gave it to her. “Oh this one’s for me?”

“Who else is here but you?” Taemin said and Luna’s eyes brightened again. He wanted to tell her she should eat it before they got to their dorm so no one would know she broke the rule but him but he kept his mouth shut.

“Wah, thanks Taemin.” She said and just like that the awkward feeling had been gone between them. Or maybe both decided to forget about that accidental kiss they shared. She told him about their comeback and about the musical she’s doing with other SM artists.

He felt relieved that they’re back to normal or are things ever going to be the same again for them?

“You should come watch the musical too.”

“Tsk I don’t like High School Musical. I never even saw it on screen.” Taemin said.

“Yah Taemin you should support my activities.” Luna said without thinking. She saw an episode of WGM where Taemin told Na Eun that he’d support her in anything she does because she’s his wife.

“Why would I do that when you don’t even support me?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You didn’t even call when I was in Japan.” Taemin said. Luna didn’t answer, her ice cream is now all gone and she could feel the cool night air surrounding them. “You called everyone else but me.”

“I didn’t call everyone.”

“But you sent them a message. You called Onew hyung twice and you were always texting Key hyung.”

“You didn’t call me too.”

“You didn’t even say goodbye when you left.”

“I did.”

“My name’s not written on the note you left.” Luna can’t even remember what she wrote on that note she left before she left Shinee’s dorm.

“You didn’t call me as well when you left for Japan.” Luna got back at him.

“You didn’t contact me when you came home from the US.”

“That’s because you were so busy. And I came to visit Shinee when I got back from the US. But you were out filming WGM. I even left you something.”

“You did?” Taemin said now he didn’t know that. Luna sneezed twice. “Aigoo, why’d you go out without your coat?”

Luna rubbed her nose. “Instead of scolding me why don’t you take off your coat and give it to me?” Any gentleman would do that, Luna wanted to add.

“And let me catch a cold? Yah I’m more important, you think my fans would let you off if I catch a cold?” he joked and saw Luna’s face furrowed, he was about to take it off when she slapped his arm and walked out on him.

“Aish the prince syndrome is back again.” He heard her mumble before she could walk away.

“Yah Sunyoung!” he called her but she was already too far.

After days of waiting and praying f(x) finally got their first win for Rum Pum Pum Pum. They were joined by their labelmate EXO in celebrating their first win. Victoria of course invited them for dinner, and since both groups are busy they decided to have EXO over by the weekend for dinner.

Victoria and Krystal decided the menu for their dinner they included Chinese dishes as well for the four Chinese members. Amber and Sulli volunteered to buy some pastries and cake for dessert. And so Luna was left to tidy the dorm, she made sure to get unnecessary things out of the way because twelve boys would be coming.

“Taemin? Why are you here?” Luna asked when she saw Taemin standing outside the door. She just took out the trash and when she came back Taemin was already waiting.

“Uhm…” Taemin did not answer right away. “What happened to you?” he asked instead.

“What do you mean what happened?” Luna said and realized that she looks like a mess. Her ponytail got undone and her hair is a total wreck. She’s also starting to sweat. “Yah! Are you here to make fun of me?”

“Of course not,” Taemin said right away. “I’m here because of this.” He took out a notebook from his bag. “Onew hyung said you left this.”

“Oh thanks, but you didn’t have to bring it over here. I told oppa I’d drop by tomorrow for this.” She opened the door and both of them went in Luna went straight to the kitchen to wash her hands. “You want something to drink?”

“Yeah sure,” Taemin said. “Were you cleaning?” Luna nodded.

“We have some visitors coming here.” Luna explained as she placed a glass of juice on the table. “EXO would be here for dinner.”

“EXO? What for?” Taemin feigned ignorance.

“What do you mean what for? We invited them for dinner, we’re also celebrating our first win.”

“You’re celebrating without us?”

“Shinee?” Luna looked at him curiously. “You’re too busy, besides it’s our way of welcoming and supporting EXO.”

“So non EXO’s would not be invited.” Luna was about to answer when the doorbell rings they both looked at each other before Luna went to check who’s outside.

“Sehun.” Taemin heard Luna say and lightly pushed her aside to check if it was really Sehun.

“Why’s he here?” Taemin said but Luna pulled him away from the door. “Hey wait!”

“You’re not supposed to be here,” Luna said. “Go hide!”

“What? Why would I hide?” Taemin said struggling to get out of Luna’s hold for such a tiny person she has a strong grip. “Wait where are you taking me?”

“You shouldn’t have come here, what would we tell Sehun he might wonder why you’re here. Just stay here until it’s safe for you to come out.” Luna said and pushed Taemin inside her room.

“Yah Sunyoung!” Taemin yelled.

“What?” Luna yelled back and Taemin was taken aback that he just shook his head. “Good. Now be a good boy and keep quiet.” And with that Luna shut the door.

 

___________________________________

I honestly don't know where this story is going...

i'm not sure when they first won any award for RPPP

and i'm thinking of bringing Na Eun into the picture soon...

i'm too sleepy right now while updating this..and tomorrow's going to be a busy day.. hope to get some comments for this chapter..

sorry for any erros

and thanks for reading!

HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE :)