Birthday Cakes

Moon And Maknae

Chapter 10: BIRHTDAY CAKES

 

Taemin touched his hair. They’s spent almost half an hour trying to solve how to untangle his hair without cutting it or ruining Luna’s blouse. He told her his hair is more important but she would not give in and even pinched his right ear. Victoria immediately acted before the two end up killing each other and closed the door leaving only Krystal and Victoria were with them, Sulli and Amber were left to tell Exo what happened of course not the whole thing but now they all know that Taemin is inside Luna’s room.

“Oppa, why aren’t you eating?” Krystal whispered to Taemin. He was still annoyed at Luna for being adamant on making him hide. She didn’t even say sorry.

Luna stole a glance at Taemin, she knew he’s really pissed off at her right now. But her blouse got torn as well, that was her grandmother’s gift to her and she really liked that blouse but Taemin did not even say sorry.

Taemin caught Luna looking at him, looking ready to cry. Maybe she was embarrassed well she’s not the only one not feeling at ease right now. He should not feel guilty right? He saw Sehun nudged her and whispered something onto her which made her smile. He must have told her to eat her cake in front of her because she now picked up the fork started eating. He told Victoria he dropped by earlier to return something that Luna owns, he lied about not feeling well and that Luna offered to let him stay so he could rest. He’s not sure if they bought his story but they didn’t say a thing to him.

He knew from before that Luna and Sehun were close, Luna is often close with trainees who’s good at dancing except Kai maybe. Kai’s a bit awkward when Luna was around before, though at one point he knew that they fight like kids. Well they were really just kids before. He wondered why all the bickering with Kai stopped. Maybe they got tired of constantly fighting or maybe they had a truce. He never got the chance to ask Kai before and he only remembered this piece of information now that Exo is a group and probably because Luna is his wife now.

Luna is now helping herself to another serving of cake when Taemin stopped her. Everyone near them which are Krystal, Sehun, Tao, Chen and Kai looked at him holding Luna’s small plate.

“What?” Luna dared to ask.

“You’re on a diet,” he said. He didn’t like the way she ignores him and he wanted to remind her that even though there are other or make that 12 other guys in the room he’s still Shinee’s Taemin and of course, he’s still her husband. “You already had a slice earlier eating another one is really too much.” Luna let go of the cake, annoyed that Taemin would even bother with this. He could just completely ignore her. Why would he not let her eat whenever she wants to!

Luna watched as Taemin now ate the cake that should have been hers. He even made a face at her when he thought no one noticed. This childish Lee Taemin! Only good to girls he likes.

The night went on with talks, laughter and old stories told again. Amber, Chen, Xiumin and Chanyeol became the light of the party sharing funny stories of the group Taemin being the only Shinee member around kept silent and listened to them talking until Krystal noticed something.

“Oppa what’s that?” Krystal asking pointing to his pants’ pocket he suddenly remembered Onew’s torn picture.

“Nothing,” he said but at that moment Luna’s little monster chose to appear barking. Luna followed Bap out of the room.

“Bap I told you to stay inside the room,” she said to Bap failing to catch him. Bap continued to run to Taemin and barked at him nonstop. “Hey what’s wrong?”  Everyone chose that moment to stop talking and all attention are now on the barking dog.

“Maybe he’s hungry,” Victoria said.

“Nope, he’s not.” Luna said while Bap continued to bark at Taemin. “Hey stop that.” She picked up Bap while Taemin shifted on his seat, he unconsciously puts his hand inside his pocket where he kept Onew’s torn picture. He realized Bap is still not finish with him, the little monster still would not stop barking. He watched as Luna swoop the dog into her arms and delivered him into her room. And he noticed Sehun followed Luna with his eyes and Taemin felt something stirred inside of him. Is he jealous? Because he shouldn’t be. Luna is nothing but a wife in paper. But he could not help a frown forming seeing how Sehun smiled when Luna came back.

He could not understand his feelings, he was not supposed to care. He stood up and said he would be leaving first. He took a glance at Luna and saw that she was actually glad that he’s going. Maybe she’s still mad at him for what happened earlier.

He bid everyone a good night except Luna, well she’s actually not looking at him so why should he tell her to have a good night? It was Amber who saw him to the door before he turned to leave he caught a glimpse of Luna and she was actually watching him leave she immediately looked away when she saw him looking at her.

 

-

 

The PD called it a wrap for the day and everyone said their thanks and goodbye for the day. Taemin immediately checks his phone for some messages and was disappointed when not one message came from Luna. Doesn’t she know what today is?

“Oppa,” Na Eun called him, with a shy smile she stretched out her arms handing him a small box. “Happy birthday.”

Taemin took the gift and thanked her. He knows his hyungs are planning a small party later for him. They have a very tight schedule and won’t much time to prepare for something big. He already had dinner last night at his parents’ house they didn’t ask him where Luna was and he was glad they didn’t because honestly he does not know. They lost contact after what happened in f(x)’s dorm. Just two days ago he caught a glimpse of her when they were passing their training room. And Key told him that he saw Luna leaving SM building with Sehun the other day. She has time to spend with other guys and yet she didn’t even have time to greet him on his birthday.

He got another message from Key telling him to hurry home so they could all eat dinner and celebrate his birthday and before Taemin could think he opened his mouth and invited Na Eun to join them.

“Unnie are you sure you want to do this?” Krystal asked Luna the first time she told her that she wants to bake a cake for Taemin’s birthday. Krystal has mastered baking but teaching Luna how to bake in such a short time would really be a challenge, Luna is such a klutz in the kitchen. But Luna was determined and there was no stopping her when she’s in this mode.

So Krystal and Luna would spend their free time in Krystal’s home practicing, Krystal would end up getting tired much faster than the eager Luna. She diligently practiced for one week and somehow managed to bake an acceptable cake.

“You think he’d like this?” Luna asked the first time everyone gathered to take a look at the birthday cake. She could not really think of anything else to give to Taemin.

Amber just nodded her head, as much as she loves her dongsaeng she could never really trust anything she makes in the kitchen.

Sulli smiled and said and assured Luna that the cake looks delicious enough.

Krystal already said everything is perfect but it was really Victoria’s opinion that matters the most. So the other girls waited for the leader to say something.

“This cake would not taste like heaven but your effort shows,” Victoria said with all honesty.

Minho and Jonghyun were busy with decorations while Key and Amber went out to buy some drinks for their small party. They were still waiting for Onew to come home he called Luna earlier saying he’s on his way. They were surprised when he came with Kai 30 minutes later. He said since Kai is Taemin’s closest friend then he invited him as well. They were not really planning on anything big for today since everyone is busy but Luna insisted that they should at least celebrate Taemin’s birthday with cakes and balloons so Jonghyun, Minho, Key and Onew all had to go home immediately and in a hurry after all their schedules were done.

“Sunyoung I’m hungry,” Jonghyun came complaining to them in the kitchen.

“Oppa, just a little more and Taemin would be here.” Luna said. It was Sulli who gave her the idea to do this for Taemin. She really had forgotten about Taemin’s birthday when Sulli reminded her, she said guys would really love receiving surprises like this from their girlfriends. Luna even argued that she’s not Taemin’s girl just his accidental wife but Sulli said at least she should try. They were watching WGM when Sulli suggested this saying she should be good to Taemin or Na Eun would get his heart. Luna was going to say that Na Eun better get his heart because she has no intention of being that girl for him when Sulli told her that even though they don’t love each other they were joined by law and she was still Taemin’s friend. She went on by saying that Taemin may be too tired to celebrate with all the activities they have lined up for Shinee and would surely appreciate a little something for his birthday.

Luna who had not seen Taemin after that episode in their dorm thought that she should at least try, he must still be mad because she forced him to hide in her room and caused that embarrassing scene. He asked Sehun what guys usually like for their birthday to which Sehun replied with a blush on his face which Luna found amusing. He told her that anything will be good as long as it’s made out of love. His answer is so simple yet so difficult to do. How can she make something out of love for someone that she doesn’t even like? So even though she was busy and all she convinced Shinee to gather today for Taemin’s small party, originally the guys would just have dined out for the maknae’s birthday but they can’t say no to the maknae’s little wife.

Krystal and Jonghyun were now talking in whispers and they soon disappeared from the kitchen without Luna noticing when she turned around all she saw was Kai holding an empty tray.

“Jongin…” Luna said surprised to see him.

“Luna sunbae I just came here to…” Luna grabbed the tray before Kai could finish what he was about to say.

“Uhm… anything else?” Luna said as soon as the tray was gone.

Kai shook his head and turned around. Luna sighed when she saw Kai was leaving but Kai paused and Luna tensed.

“About what happened before…” Kai started but can’t seem to look at her Luna chose to look at the floor instead. “I know it’s been a long time and we never really talked about it but –” Kai never got to finish whatever he was going to say Key rushed in with the drinks saying Taemin is on his way and will be here in just 10 minutes.

“Omo!” Luna uttered and quickly took off the apron. She brushed her hair with her hands and took out the cake. Key grabbed Kai’s hand and pulled him out of the kitchen before he could protest and they both ran to the living room.

“Why were you in there?” Onew asked Krystal and Jonghyun when he saw both coming out of Taemin’s room.

“Nothing!” Jonghyun and Krystal answered.

“He’s here!” Minho shouted and turned out all the lights.

“Wait oppa!” Luna cried and was about to trip when Kai caught her with his arms and steadied her.

“Are you okay?” Kai whispered so close to her face that Luna nodded feeling foolish when she realized that Kai can’t see her and answered yes in a whisper a little later, she can’t help feeling uncomfortable when he still did not let her go.

“Kai, uhm…”

“Oh sorry,” Kai said and finally lets her go they were both thankful that the lights were off or else anyone would see that they were both blushing.

Then the door opens and Key being the most excited as always bursts out yelling “Happy Birthday!” even before Minho turned the lights on. Jonghyun was about to tell him off when he saw who was with Taemin.

Krystal could not tell who’s more surprised, them or Taemin who came with Na Eun.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

So here comes Na Eun...

Taemin's birthday is in July but let's all ignore the fact that f(x) promoted after his birthday, the timeline is really ruined in this story sorry...

I still haven't watched any of their episodes in WGM... So I'm completely making Na Eun like and OC here....

Let's all welcome Na Eun!!!! haha...

Who do you think will win with the cake competition....???

Thank you for taking time commenting on the chapters :)