After Some Time

Moon And Maknae

She sighed as she entered the building. It was a good thing she saw them before they saw her, it was easy to escape before they find her. She could still remember almost running out of the cafe'. Her phone rings and she answers it, Krystal is calling her asking where she's at. She told the younger girl that she'll be up in a moment. They'd gathered in Victoria's new place. Yup Victoria got a new place, she finally decided to live alone leaving Amber and Sulli with Luna in the dorm. But Luna knew Amber is also planning to move out and soon it'd only be her and Sulli. For now they're meeting just to catch up and because they'll be having a joint SMTown concert with Exo for Christmas they'd be too busy to do this later.

Victoria's place is neat and very chic. She entered the place as Amber opens the door for her.

"What happened to you?" Amber asked when she saw Luna.

"Huh? What? Nothing happened." Luna placed the drinks on the coffee table that Victoria got last week. She was with her when she went shopping for some furniture. "Soojung your drink's here!"

"They're baking some cookies," Amber told her when Krystal didn't answer. "So what happened?"

Luna faced Amber and straightened her hair. "Nothing, what makes you think something happened?"

Amber shrugged and picked up her drink. "Wow I miss drinking this."

Victoria came out of the kitchen with Krystal following her. "Oh Sunyoung you're here. Uhm you look..." She never got to finish her sentence because Krystal spoke. "What happened to you?"

Luna looked at Amber and the latter shook her head. "Nothing." Luna sat beside Amber and picked up her drink as well. "Wait, what's wrong? Why are you thinking that something happened?"

"Well not only that your hair is a mess like you ran to get here, but you kinda look funny not in a good way..." Amber said.

"I totally don't get you unnie," Luna said to her.

"What Amber is trying to say is that you don't look the same, before you left your face was bright and happy now you look kinda..."

"Bothered," Krystal finished for Victoria.

"Honestly nothing happened," Luna said.

"You just made it so obvious that something really did happen by saying that," Victoria said. "Sunyoung come on, what is it?"

Luna looked at the other three girls. Is she that transparent? Or is it just because they know her too well? Luna raised both of her hands in surrender took a sip of her drink, closed her eyes for a moment and face the girls again.

"I saw Taemin and Naeun at the cafe," she blurted.

"What? Taemin in Naeun in the cafe?" Amber said.

"They're together in a cafe?" Krystal said.

"Taemin is with Naeun in a cafe?" Victoria said.

"I just told you," Luna said.

Victoria looked at Amber. "So he's with Naeun, maybe they were filming." But they all knew they were not.

"And you ran after you saw them?" Krystal asked and Luna nodded. "Well... maybe they were just..."

"Out on a date," Luna finished for her. "Nothing to worry about right?" She stood up and picked up her drink. "What's for lunch unnie?" Victoria didn't answer her. "I'm hungry."

"I just called for delivery, we'll have to wait for Sulli though." Amber told her. "Sunyoung do you want to talk about - "

"No, I'm fine with him dating. It's not like I like him or something. It's completely fine, I'm fine. He could date anyone or Naeun for all I care. I mean, I dated Jongin before. He should do the same you know." The other three girls were silent for a while. Then Victoria stood up and gave Luna a one hand hug.

"If you say so," Victoria said squeezing her shoulder. "Why don't we check the cookies?" And she dragged Luna to the kitchen.

"Do you really think they're dating?" Krystal asked Amber when Luna was out of earshot. Amber thought for a moment and nodded. "For real? Is there something you're not telling us unnie?" Krystal grabbed her arm and pulled her farthest from the kitchen. "Unnie tell me."

Amber pulled out of her grasp. "Nothing.., just that well I didn't know it was true."

"So you knew that Taemin oppa is dating Naeun?"

"Well I accidentally heard Key oppa tell Jonghyun oppa not to interfere with Taemin's business, well love life that is and that's it."

Krystal crossed her arms over her chest. "This is not good." Amber agreed silently. "Sunyoung unnie is clearly upset. I mean why shouldn't she? He's her husband! And she clearly gave up Jongin to be with Taemin oppa."

"Well not really, she didnt' really say she likes Taemin."

"She doesn't have to unnie. I could tell she does. Just look at her face when she got back from the cafe. This is not good. I'm gonna call Jonghyun oppa," she looked around for her phone.

Amber grabbed her arm trying to stop her from calling Jonghyun. "Don't do that Soojung!"

"We need to know the truth! On second thought why not we call Taemin oppa?"

"No! You won't call anyone, give me your phone!" Amber chase Krystal all over the living room but she was just too quick for her.

"What are you two doing?!" Victoria almost shouts at them. "You're gonna destroy my house! She laid the plate of cookies on the coffee table beside their drinks.

"It's unnie's fault, she won't let me call Taemin..." They all turned towards the kitchen where they just heard a plate shatter. They found Sunyoung on the floor trying to pick up the broken pieces of the plate.

"I'm so sorry unnie, I was careless. I'm really sorry I'll buy you a new one..." Amber pulled her away before she hurts herself.

Victoria hugged her. "It's okay Sunyoung."

"I didn't mean to break anything I was just so clumsy." The other girls shared a look of understanding. Amber proceeded to clear the kitchen and Krystal got her some water while Victoria lead Luna out of the kitchen.

 

_

 

Taemin came home late after filming WGM. They're more comfortable now of course and because they're seeing each other outside the program they have more things to talk about when not filming.

"Oh it's you," Jonghyun said when Taemin came to the kitchen to get something to drink before retiring to his room.

"Hyung, you're still awake?" Taemin said and looked at his watch. Almost midnight and Jonghyun is still up.

Jonghyun nodded and continued what he was doing before Taemin came which is playing some game in his phone. "How's Naeun?"

"Good," Taemin replied.

"How are things with her?" Jonghyun decided to ask. He knew Taemin may not like it but he has to know or Krystal and Victoria will kill him.

"Good."

"Uhm, so you're uhm dating...?" Jonghyun asked again. Taemin looked at him and didn't answer. "You two seeing each other again soon?"

Taemin stood up and tried to leave but Jonghyun stopped him. "Look Taemin, I know you don't want us interfering with your personal life but we're just concerned."

Taemin knew where this is going. "Hyung, I'm old enough to take of myself. I know you mean good and thanks but I'd appreciate it if you don't ask me. I'm just not in the mood to talk about this right now."

Jonghyun nodded but still tried to get something out of him.

"What about Sunyoung?" That stopped Taemin from his tracks. "Have you talked to her?" Taemin shook his head but didn't turn to look at Jonghyun. "Do you want to?"

It took him a while before he responded. "I don't know hyung." He turned to look at his hyung.

"Truth is, I'm not really supposed to tell you this but she saw you. Sunyoung saw you with Naeun at a cafe." Jonghyun didn't tell him that it was Krystal who told him this and Taemin didn't ask how he knew. Taemin seemed not wanting to talk for a moment but suddenly turned to Jonghyun with a surprisingly angry expression.

"I don't care hyung."

"You do Taemin. I know you do. So talk to her."

"Why? She's with Jongin. And I'm trying to have my own life."

"Look at you, you get angry just by the mention of her name. I know you like her Taemin. Don't try to make Naeun an excuse." Jonghyun waited as Taemin tried to calm himself.

"I'm not using Naeun. Yes we do see each other out of WGM but it doesn't mean I'm using her to get back at Sunyoung or to forget her."

Jonghyun resigned himself. "Well I sure hope that's true Taemin. Because you're not only gonna hurt Sunyoung you'll be hurting Naeun too." Jonghyun walked passed him to go to his own room but stopped before he could open the door. "And there's something you should know as well, I'm not supposed to know this but I just heard from Suho. Jongin broke up with Sunyoung ages ago." He saw the shock on Taemin's face. "Good night then." But he doubts if Taemin would sleep soon tonight.

 

___________________

 

Thanks for those who still read this story ^^ even if I don't update as often as I should...

This is another short update... No TaeminXLuna interaction for now... but in the next chapter I'll have them meet... what do you think will happen?

Would they fight? Would they just stare at each other and not say anything? Would it be too awkward?

I hope I can update soon ^^

Let me know what you think :)