Caught

Moon And Maknae

 

Luna didn’t go to the parking lot right away. She went to SM’s lounge but Kai wasn’t there instead she saw Sehun obviously waiting for someone he got up when he saw her.

“Hey,” Sehun said when he got near Luna.

“Hi Sehun,” she smiled despite feeling down. “I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Did you miss me?” Sehun said earning a laugh from her. How he wished he could see her every day, hear her laugh like this or just be with her. But as much as he wants to keep her he can’t. Sunyoung clearly only looks at him as a friend, a dongsaeng. “Uhm Sunyoung, I got a message for you from Jongin.”

Luna turned serious eyes on him showing the worry she’s been trying to hide from him.

“He said he can’t meet you here. Something came up and he’s currently kind a grounded.”

“Oh,” was all Luna said. She doesn’t even have to ask why and Sehun didn’t need to elaborate. She wonders if Kai is okay.

Sehun tapped her shoulder rousing her from her thoughts. “He can’t call or text you, phone’s confiscated. Listen, I know you and Jongin have something going on. He told me everything a night before your birthday.” But Sehun didn’t dare tell Luna that the night Kai told him about their past his own heart was broken. He also prepared a gift for Luna but seeing the look on Kai’s face and the way he speaks about her he knew that whatever he felt for Luna could not compare to the feelings Jongin kept for her all these years. Sure he likes her but Jongin loves her. Maybe given time if he’d let it his feelings for her would grow into something more but even though he likes Luna a lot he’s aware that the precious girl in front of him doesn’t see him the way he sees her. So he’d settle for friendship. He’d settle for the best relationship he could get from anyone.

“Sunyoung, are you okay?” He asked seeing the dejected look on her face. The smile she gave him didn’t even reach her eyes. “Jongin’s itching to talk to you but I told him to just let it rest for a while. And if you really need to talk to him you could call me.”

Luna nodded feeling her heart heavier as the minutes passed by. “Thanks Sehun.”

And then just like he had just remembered it he pulled something out of his bag. A present that has been keeping for Luna. He thought of what to give her for her birthday. “Here, a late birthday gift.”

Luna’s face lit up. “Seriously?” She asked taking the box from Sehun. “Oh thanks Sehun.” It’s a jersey jacket. She was actually thinking of getting one. “And you got my name on it too.” Luna also noticed the number 12 at the back. Of course she was born August 12. “Thank you Sehun. I love it.”

“Well that’s a relief, I thought you wouldn’t like it.”

“Are you kidding? This is perfect!” She beamed at him.

They spent a few more minutes talking then Luna had to say goodbye because she needs to meet Taemin at the parking lot. He was already there waiting for her. She got into his car without a word and didn’t even ask where they were going. After talking to Sehun she felt really tired and all she wants is to sleep.

“Sunyoung,” Taemin called her and she opened her eyes to look at him. “You’ll have to stay at our apartment. Do you have things to get from your place?”

She shook her head and closed her eyes again.

Taemin stole a glance and saw her sleeping. He’s so used to seeing her smile and laugh and talk a lot, it would have been better if she’s angry with him. He could deal with anger but not this. Like he was the one blocking her happiness. And he’s about to do that, to keep her safe he has to hurt her.

_

Taemin went home right after they finished filming the next episode for WGM. He tried to contact Luna  but she would not answer her phone. The other members have their own schedule and are out as well and only Luna is left at the apartment. The first day of Luna being stuck in Shinee’s dorm made him feel uneasy but after two days Luna seemed to have come back to being Luna f(x)’s vitamin. She even offered to cook for them which they happily agreed to even if it means they have to eat horrible food because they want to make her feel good. To their surprise her cooking skills improved and they were able to eat without vomiting. Minho even asked for a second serving.

He was greeted by Bap when he came in and he went straight to their room not even thinking of knocking and just opened the door. At the same time Luna just came out of the shower and screamed when she saw Taemin.

“Sorry!” Taemin shouted as well and quickly got out of the room. He could hear Luna ranting about not knocking and giving her privacy. She should have locked the door in the first place.

“Are you done?” He asked after a while but there was no answer so he waited for her to open the door instead.

“What?” She said when she finally came out now wearing clothes instead of just wearing a robe.

“Uhm well I was just going to ask if you’d like to have dinner outside?” Taemin said.

“Now?” Luna checked her watch it’s too early for dinner.

“Well we could go around first or watch a movie,” Taemin said. She’s been locking herself in this room when she doesn’t have schedule.

Luna looked at him curiously opened the door wide enough for him to come in the room and letting Bap in as well. “Lee Taemin,” she said. “Are you asking me out on a date?” She meant to annoy him or just to tease but Taemin only looked at her. Bap barked at them breaking the silence. “Your treat?” Taemin nodded. “Okay then, I’ll just change my clothes.”

“Oh I have something to give you later,” Taemin said smiling at her and scooping Bap leaving her alone in the room.

She thinks that something might be the necklace. She put it back in his drawer the day she and Kai got discovered by her manager. But Taemin still didn’t give it to her.

She changed into a simple white shirt with a cat for a print, fixed her hair and applied some lip gloss. She decided not to wear any jewelry and took time choosing her shoes.

“Sunyoung, are you ready?” she heard Taemin asked. “Hurry up, I already fed Bap.”

Putting her phone in her small bag Luna came out of their room. Taemin looked at her but didn’t say anything instead he stood up and put Bap in his small den that he setup a few days ago.

“Aren’t you tired?” She knew he just came from filming. “Where are we going to eat?”

“Where do you want to?” He returned the question to her.

“Uhm… I don’t know. I’ll think about it first. Where are we going?”

“Do you want to watch a movie?” Luna shook her head. “Where do you want to go?”

“I haven’t been to the mall since forever.” Luna said. “Do you think we could go there?”

“Well…” He looks at her clothes. “Maybe.”

“We’re just going to look around. People don’t really recognize me. But I think your fans would spot you with ease.”

“They won’t.” Taemin said with confidence so he drove to the nearest mall and easily found a parking space. He took another cap and put it on Luna. “Your big head is too visible.” He .

She playfully punched him. “Can we go to a bookstore?” Luna said right away when they got off. Taemin nodded at her and slowly walked inside. The mall is busy and with lots of other people they won’t be spotted right away. He just hopes saesang fans are not around this time.

“Wah! It’s on sale!” Luna’s smile was from ear to ear and Taemin followed her to the bookstore. He just tailed right behind her while she search from one isle to another. She took her time looking for a book and ended just buying one that’s not even part of the sale.

“Let’s go to a music store,” Taemin suggested and Luna followed him. He was wearing a simple black shirt and grey jacket with a black cap. He didn’t really look like an idol right now but if you were really a fan it would not be hard to spot him. Taemin has this natural charm that would attract girls, younger or older than him. He stopped and got one album from the rack and went to the cashier to pay for it. She didn’t even notice what album he got until he waved it in front of her face.

“Sign it?” He said showing their pink tape album to her.

“So you still don’t have your wife’s new album?” Luna said almost scolding him. She bought every Shinee album to support their group.

He put the album in his jacket before pulling her out of the store.

“Do you want some ice cream?” He asked her still holding her hand and pulling her along.

“Taemin look!” She said almost loud enough for the nearby folks to hear but good thing no one noticed him. “Let’s take a look.” She went inside a teddy bear store. “Oh they’re so cute!” She hugged one bear and she couldn’t seem to let it go.

“You have like a thousand in our room already and you have a million in your dorm. How many more would you want?”

“You’re exaggerating again. I don’t have a thousand!” she picked another teddy bear with glasses.

“You can’t buy one.”

“Why?” She asked not looking at him.

“Do you realize you’re the only one more than the age of six who’s in here right now holding a teddy bear?” He said to her and Luna looked around. Everywhere was little girls with their mommies and it’s true she was the only one over the age of six right now clutching bears in her arms. “Come on let’s go.”

“But…” she looked at the teddy bears. “I’ll be back on another day for you babies,” she said before putting them back in their places.

Taemin pulled her again holding her hand like it was the natural thing to do and Luna let him because he’s going to pay for dinner. Holding hands mean nothing right? Even when she could feel her stomach flip from time to time it might be because she’s hungry.

And then she remembered Kai. It’s been days since she last saw and talked to Kai. True to her promise she didn’t make an attempt to contact him. What surprised her is that she doesn’t miss him that much not like when they first separated. Maybe because right now she knows that he really likes her. Or maybe because she has other things to worry about. Or just because Taemin would always bother her every time with almost anything. He’d asked even the silliest questions like what shampoo she uses or why would girls always go together to the rest room why couldn’t a girl just go alone without needing her other girlfriends to come with her.

He still lets her sleep in the bed. But would bother her with weird questions every night before he would let her sleep. Last night he asked her if animals also dream when they sleep and if they do what would it be.

She never has weird conversations with Kai. She never gets to argue with Kai about silly things. And why is she now comparing Taemin with Kai? She felt guilty for not missing Kai that much.

“Sunyoung,” she heard Taemin call her. He had a worried look in his face. “Are you okay?”

“Eh?” They stopped walking now.

“Do you want to watch a movie?”

She has not watched a movie in ages. Not like this, going to the cinema and actually buying tickets for the movie. She nodded her head automatically and Taemin told her to wait there while he buys the tickets. She decided to buy some popcorn and soda rather than wait for him. It took forever to get her popcorn because of the line and when she came back to the spot she was greeted by an annoyed Taemin.

“I told you to wait here.” He said looking at the popcorn she bought.

“I just got us something to eat.” She was thankful that Taemin didn’t start an argument because she really wants to sit right now. They found their seats with ease and just a few minutes the movie started. Ten minutes after the movie started Luna is now feeling sleepy. Two more minutes and her eyes were closed and her head slumped on Taemin’s shoulder.

“Wake up.” She felt someone shaking her. She opened her eyes and was blinded by the light. Movie house should be dark right? “Wake up, you head’s too heavy.”

She looked around to find every seat empty.

“You slept all throughout the film,” he said standing up and stretching his arms.

“Sorry, how’d it go?” She asked and Taemin just looked at her before leaving her behind.

“Yah!” Luna struggled to keep up with him “I didn’t mean to sleep I just –”

“Slept,” he said cutting her off. “I’m hungry, let’s eat.” He said before she could say another word.

Luna felt her phone vibrate but didn’t answer the call. She just heard someone say Taemin’s name. Four girls are now following them.

“Taemin…”

“Just walk fast.” He said he put his hand in his pocket and walked even faster that Luna had to run to keep up. He turned to a corner but the girls still followed them and now it looks like they have more company.

“Hey we have to distract them.” He said while still walking fast.

“How?”

“We have to separate. I’ll distract them while you go to the car. Just wait for me there okay? We’ll just eat in some other place.”

“Okay,” Luna said nodding her head.

“Sunyoung,” he called her before she could leave. “Promise me you’ll be there waiting at the car park for me.”

Luna was confused why he has to make her promise. Of course she will be there. “I’ll be there silly.” She said pulling out her hand from his grasp and disappeared from his sight.

She went the other way and sure enough the girls just stalked him. She actually felt sorry for Taemin but he’s a good runner so he could lose them in no time. Her phone vibrated again and this time she checked who was calling. It was Kai.

_

Taemin had to walk really fast that it felt like running the girls following him were persistent and matched his pace. He finally got out of the mall and went to an alley he was thankful that it was not a dead end and ran all the way to escape the fan girls. He ran for two blocks and when he was sure that no one was following he stopped to catch his breath.

He took out his phone and pressed 5 for Luna. It rang three times but then it got cut off. He dialed again but this time her phone is out of reach. Now what’s happening?

_

She followed Kai’s instruction and got out of the mall. He said he was waiting at some café just fronting the mall and it was easy to find. Sure enough just as she crossed the street the café was there. And only a few customers were being served.

“Jongin,” she called his name before sitting next to him. She wondered how he knew she was out here. Did he also know she was with Taemin?

“Sunyoung,” he reached for her hand right away. She looked around and was relieved when she saw no one was bothering to look their way. “I thought you’d never come.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be at your dorm by now?” She asked.

“I sneaked out. Sehun’s covering for me. I just can’t stand not seeing you anymore.” He said and it felt like someone’s squeezing her heart out. “I miss you so much.” He held her hand with both of his hands.

“I m-miss you too,” she hated the way she stuttered. “But you do know why we can’t see each other for a while right?”

He nodded his head and sighed. “I just needed to see you before we go to China.”

“When?”

“Tomorrow. We’ll stay there for a week or so. Listen I’ve talked to our manager and he allowed me to call you once a week.” He look at her like she was the most important person in the world. But she made a promise not to contact Kai until her manager gives her the go signal.

“Jongin…”

“Did you miss me?”

Luna closed her eyes for a moment and when she opened them met Kai’s searching eyes. “Of course.” Her phone rings and when she checked it was Taemin calling but Kai took her phone. “Wait Jongin!”

“Who’s Pig Killer?” Kai asked her but she couldn’t answer him right away so he turned off her phone.

“Jongin what are you doing?” She grabbed her phone and at the same time Kai pulled her up and they went out of the café. “Where are we going?”

“I still have an hour before I have to go back to the dorm. Can’t you just spend an hour with your boyfriend with no distractions?”

Luna hesitates. “But…”

“And whoever Pig Killer is can’t be that important right?” He said not looking at her but the grip on her hand tightened. “Sunyoung?”

“Oh… yeah.” She thought of Taemin and what could have happened to him while escaping the fan girls. But Kai is here to spend time with her for just a couple of minutes and forgetting about her promise to Taemin thinking what could go wrong in just a couple of minutes?

“Where do you want to go?” she asked smiling for the first time at him.

They bravely walk the streets holding hands Kai was wearing a hoodie and Luna still had Taemin’s cap. It was not even five minutes that they were walking when Luna was pulled aside at an alley she completely had to let go of Kai’s.

“Sunyoung!” Kai shouted and followed her in the alley and there they both faced Taemin.

 

____

 

I'm not so sure about this chapter T_T

So if you could leave some comments...???

And I'm excited for f(x)'s comeback just so I could see Luna again ^^

What do you think of her new hair color?