The Trouble With Loving

Moon And Maknae

A chill ran over her whole body just by hearing the voice, she also felt the tight grip on her hands as Taemin pulled her behind him. She willed herself to look the other girl in the eye. She does not want to show her fear, not wanting her to think that she's afraid of what she will do next. 

"What are you doing here?" Anger lace through his voice, she squeezed his hand but he did not relax.

Na Eun smirk, "What do you think oppa?" She fired the question back and raising one eyebrow she turned her eyes to Luna. "I never knew you'd be this stubborn unnie. Didn't I tell you to stay away from oppa?"

"Don't talk to her that way!" she felt him restraining his anger.

She smiled sweetly to Taemin ignoring the way his eyes burn with fury. "Oppa why are you still pretending that you like her?"

"Stop it."

"I'm not doing anything, yet." The meaning scares her so she tries to pull Taemin back. Na Eun saw the fear written all over her face. "Wae? You think I'm bluffing? I thought I made it all clear oppa."

Taemin took a deep breath to stop himself from yelling. "I won't play with whatever scenarios you have in your head. You don't have a say with whatever we do. Whatever we have is none of your business. I tried being nice to you but still you continue this bizarre idea that I like you. I won't let you do this again and again, not when you're hurting the person I love the most."

Na Eun frowned and Luna saw the same hurt on the younger girl's face, feeling rejected. 

"You can't do this!" She said still determined to keep them apart. "You can't stay together. She's not even worth your attention oppa."

"You're right,  she deserves more than what I can give."

"You'll regret this, I'll leak your secret to the media. They'll ruin both of you!"

"Na Eun," Luna called out to her. The desperate look in her eyes is enough to carry out threat. "You don't really want to do that, right? Exposing what you know would not mean Taemin would turn to you."

"Easy for you to say, you got him with no trouble at all!"

"I know that you're not a bad person -"

Na Eun laughed at this. "Then you don't know me at all." She turned her eyes to Taemin with a determined look on her face. "Prepare yourselves for tomorrow. All of South Korea will know what a fraud you two are! I could not wait for the destruction this would make on both you. Just imagine SM Idols Married in Secret, that's a good headline!"

You really think everyone would believe you? It's a farfetched idea if you ask me." All three heads turned to find Shinee and f(x)'s managers respectively. Luna's manager smiled with pity on his face. "No one would believe that story Na Eun."

"Maybe you better go home to your dorm your manager is here by the way."

Na Eun's eyes became as wide as saucers when she saw her manager and mother approaching. "Eomma," she whispered.

"I'm so disappointed in you," her mother said sadly. "I can't tell you how sorry I am for whatever trouble she caused. I take all the blame since I didn't teach her properly." Na Eun's mother bowed infront of them all. "I'm really sorry."

"Eomma please."

"I assure you she won't do any of the threats she said. I'll make sure she stays out of your way," she said this directly to Taemin. "I know my daughter has been bothering you."

"Sorry that it had to come to this," Taemin said bowing as well. 

"Even if she did leak the information it's still no good." Luna's manager said. "You see, your marriage was not real."

"W-what?" Na Eun could not believe that after all the effort she did it would have been for nothing.

"Excuse me?" Taemin can't even begin to think what the statement means.

"What are you saying oppa?"

"Let's talk later," her manager answered.

Na Eun's mother pulled her inside a waiting car while her manager stayed for a while assuring them that Na Eun will be monitored and he'll make sure that she won't contact them again. The four of them went back to Shinee's dorm to discuss things further. Luna's manager made tea and they sat down for a talk.

"You should have told us she was bothering you in the very beginning," Shinee's manager said.

"I didn't know it'd get this worse." Taemin thought it was just a simple crush.

Just then Onew arrived with a worried look on his face. "Hyung did you get her?"

"It's done Jinki, don't worry we took care of it." Luna's manager said. 

"Oppa, you said our marriage is not even real. What do you mean?"

Both managers looked at each other before Luna's manager nods his head. To say that she was shocked is an understatement. Disappointed, hurt, betrayed, her feelings are in turmoil. 

"Hyung, what did you do?" This from Onew, Taemin can't even lift his head and Luna is not sure how he's handling this news.

"I faked everything. I told your parents it's real, I gave you a fake certificate. It would really be a big trouble if it was real."

"But you said it's real. You made us believe it's real." Luna can't really be angry knowing that he only had good intentions for her and for Taemin.

"I know Sunyoung and I'm sorry. I was only protecting you. You're much too young to be married, and I knew that you don't really want to get married. It was forced and I only did that to help you both."

"Well good thing that it really was not real right? Or Na Eun would have given the fans or knetz something to talk about for years, not to mention the media would feast on both of you," Shinee's manager said. "Taemin, you said yourself that you did not want the marriage to happen. And I know for a fact that Luna did not agree to it as well."

They all waited for Taemin to say something but he remained still.

"What other secrets are you keeping from us?"

Luna's manager shook his head at this, and Luna sighed feeling defeated. She's exhausted and she wants to go home and forget all of this ever happened. How can she be Taemin's wife one second and not be his wife at all? What does this mean for both of them?

Onew knew that look, Luna is just about to lose control and cry so he took it himself to tell the managers to let them sort things out. 

"Taemin," Luna called him because his head is still bowed. The managers left with Onew leaving them alone again. He raised his head but did not meet her eyes. His face remained calm but Luna is anxious. After everything they went through they were just fighting for something that's not even real. 

"What do we do?"

 

-

 

Taemin looked calm but inside he's furious. Everything started one fateful night. He knew that he was to blame as well. How could they just decide these things without telling them? They had no choice but to agree to the marriage or else and now they also have no choice but to accept that the marriage never really took place.

"Taemin," he heard Luna call his name. The manager hyungs are gone now somehow Onew got them to leave. He must have noticed the quiet way his dealing with the news and that's not actually good. He wants to blame someone, he wants to be angry for all the trouble they went through only to be told that nothing is real. It's like he's in We Got Married again.

"What do we do?" 

He looked at her. "What do you mean?" He knew she wa fighting the tears so he reached for her hand. "What are you so worried about?"

"They said we're not actually married." The more it's said the more it hurts. How could they play with their lives like this? They made a mistake once, and look at how it turned out for them. "What's going to happen now? What's going to happen to us?"

He reached for her, pulled her into his arms and she rested her head on his shoulder. It's not fair. They put them in difficult situations, played with their feelings and now they're not even married at all! "We have to tell our parents," he said out of the blue.

"Wae? What if they force us to marry for real?" Luna said without thinking or maybe it's what she really wanted to say and because she's exhausted both physically and emotionally she said the truth out loud.

He was quick to mask the hurt on his face as Luna's words filled the room. 

So she really does not want to get married for real.

"Taemin..."

"I think you need to rest," he said before she could say more. "You must be really tired now. Why don't I drive you home?" He said but he doesn't want to drive her home, in fact he does not want her to leave. He's afraid that tomorrow might bring more trouble for both of them and they need to stay together at least until today.

Luna stood up slowly and pretended to fix her hair, she needs to keep her hands busy or she might pull him into another hug. It's not that she does not want to be with him. But marriage is something that they should really think about. They're both too young and they need to work on their relationship like a normal couple. They need to start everything anew. And they need to start that by fixing how they started. 

He dialed her manager's number and told him to get Luna, turns out they were just outside of the apartment.

"I'll call you when I'm home," she said reaching for his hand which feels cold right now. "Taemin?" 

He smiled at her but somehow it did not reach his eyes. "Sure, you should rest. We'll talk some other time." He didn't even say when, not wanting to set anything with her. They need to think about this new information on their own. Sort out their feelings, make their own decisions.

Luna's manager felt the awkward tension between the two.

"Hyung, sorry to bother you."

"No problem, I'll get her home safely." He gently pushed Luna out of the apartment when she did not make a move. They might end up hurting each other more if they continue to stay here. "We'll go now."

That was the second time he saw Luna leaving their apartment with a heavy feeling in his heart.

He thought their seret would be revealed but turns out there is no secret to begin with. And now that the truth is out, would they still want to continue acting as if they're married? Would they want to make it all real and marry each other? 

He closed his eyes and collapsed on his bed.

He never got the call from Sunyoung.

He never called her.

He was alone.

And he's not married.

-

 

Luna sat on her bed looking at her phone. Should she call him? Is he still waiting for her call? What would she say if she calls? Would it be another awkward moment for them? How can they be so good and sweet then totally awkward the next? Why is it so hard to just be a normal couple? 

Laying down she still continued to stare at her phone. He also did not contact her. Maybe he's asleep. Maybe he forgot.

Maybe she'll let him be.

Give him some time.

And she needs to be alone too.

To think.

She's no longer Mrs. Lee.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Took me some time to update this chapter, let me now your thoughts guys! I'm excited for your feedback!

updated 07/04/16 4:49 Philippine Time :)