Stay or Go

Moon And Maknae

Chapter 20: Stay or Go

Disclaimer: Don't kill me for making this chapter. I don't own Shinee or our baby Luna

 

“I told you to wait for me,” is what Taemin said when Luna recognized him.

“Taemin, you scared me.”

“Where do you think you’re going?” He said as Kai joined them. He wasn’t even surprised that his bestfriend was there but his grip tightened on her arm.

“We were just gonna take a walk.” Kai explained.

“I told you she can’t be seen with you again.” Taemin addressed Kai. “And you promised not to contact him until everything’s clear.” Taemin turned to Luna.

“I didn’t –”

“I did,” Kai cut her off. “I only want to see her before we go to China.”

“And that’s gonna get you both in trouble. I was already chased by fangirls earlier. Do you think they won’t be able to spot you?” He still has not let go of Luna’s hand. “Go home Jongin.” He pulled Luna with him but Kai blocked their way.

“You can’t tell me what to do,” he grabbed Luna’s other hand. “You might be her husband but that’s only in paper.” Luna felt a cold rush through her body. So he already knows that she’s married to Taemin? How and who told him? How long had he known and why didn’t he tell her? “You think you own her? You think you could tell her what to do just because of that piece of useless paper you both signed?” They stared at each other for some time before Kai pulled to go. “Let’s go.”

“Wait Jongin –” she felt Taemin’s hand loosened and let her go.

“Sunyoung!” Taemin called her before they could go any further. She turned to him ignoring the pull of Jongin’s hand. “Don’t go.” He looked at her like he wanted to pull her back to him.

Luna took a step forward but Kai stopped her before she could go even farther. She looked back at him.

“Sunyoung…” he only said her name but it spoke of so many things.

She bowed down her head not even daring to look at Taemin again. “Sorry Taemin.” And with that they both left him there.

_

She was exhausted, good thing her manager was there to pick her up. She wanted to go home. Not to f(x)’s apartment or Shinee’s but to her family. She wants to just lie down in her bed and forgot about everything today. It started out good with Taemin inviting her out. She was looking forward to having dinner with Taemin but this happened.

She knew she’d be going to Shinee but to her surprise her manager drove her to f(x)’s apartment instead.

“Manager oppa…?”

“I think you need time off, you could stay with the girls for now.” Her manager told.

Luna was greeted by Amber when she arrived the other girls were out. Sulli and Krystal were out filming while Victoria is still in China.

“Unnie…”

Amber took her hand and led her to the kitchen. “Eat first, you’ll feel much better. I ordered Chinese food all your favorites!”

Luna wanted to say she doesn’t have the appetite but she forgot about that when she saw what was on the table. Amber was not kidding when she said she ordered all her favorites.

She ate while Amber talk. Whenever the other girls are out filming most of the time it was just Amber and her sharing dinner sometimes they go out to eat or they just order whatever they want to eat and Amber pays most of the time.

After eating Amber told her to freshen up first, she almost pushed her to the shower. So Luna took a warm bath which relaxed her and when she was all done Amber had tea ready for them in her room.

“Thank you unnie,” she said.

“What are you thanking me for? This is nothing compared to what you do for us, when you’re not here it’s like the dorm is empty like complete silence.” Amber laughed at this. “Seriously I didn’t know I’d miss your loud mouth Sunyoung.” Luna would always be around everyone when she’s with them.

“Unnie…” she put down her cup and sat on the bed hugging her favorite monkey pillow. Amber just looked at her then she started to tear up.

“Oh Sunyoung…” Amber reached out for her and she cried in her arms. And Amber cried with her.

_

Luna arrived in Shinee’s dorm right after dinner the following day. She had a good cry with Amber and ate breakfast with the girls minus Victoria and they all had a good talk.

She brought some snacks for everyone but Jonghyun and Onew were out. Minho’s having a date with soccer in the living room while Key is in the kitchen talking to some girl on his phone.

“Oh wait,” Key paused to greet Luna. “How are you?”

Luna smiled and showed Key the good she bought. “Uhm is Taemin here?”

Key nods taking the bag from Luna. “He’s in there,” he answered and resumed talking to the girl. Luna knew it’s a girl because of the way Key smiles and talks.

“Is that unnie…?” Key nodded smiling at her and Luna waved goodbye to Key. Minho was still busy with soccer but he smiled at her taking his eyes off the television before she continued to their room as if giving her strength she took a deep breath before opening the door and there she saw Taemin just sitting on the bed as if waiting for her.

She closed the door avoiding looking at him but she could not do this without actually looking at Taemin. “Taemin,” she started and braved to stop looking at the floor and face him. “I’m sorry.”

“What for?” Taemin said staring at her with his cold unfeeling eyes.

“Yesterday, I couldn’t say no to Jongin –” he cuts her off.

“Was it that easy to ditch me Sunyoung?” his voice was thick with disappointment.

“No it’s not like that…” She said and Taemin stood up walking towards her she didn’t realize she didn’t move away from the door not even a step. “Taemin listen…” He just continued to look at her. “I’m really sorry –”

He closed his eyes and hissed the words out of his mouth. “Will you stop repeating that you’re sorry? You know it loses its meaning if you say it more than once.” He grabbed his pillow and blanket.

“Wait where are you going?”

“I want to sleep.” He moved away from her but she grabbed his arm.

“Please listen Taemin, let’s talk.”

“No,” he plainly rejected her.

“Taemin…”

“Stop it Sunyoung it’s not going to change anything.”

“Why are you so mad at me? He only wanted to see me and say goodbye before he goes to China.”

“Do you really want to know?” the intensity of the way he looks at her makes Luna crumble. What is it with this guy that would make her feel uneasy? Before Luna could answer Taemin pushed her not too kindly and her back hits the door. “Answer me.”

“I don’t know…” Luna lowered her head no longer daring to look at his searching eyes. Luna didn’t see the way he closed his eyes as if straining his patience with her.

“Look at me,” he ordered and grabbed her shoulders. “I said look at me,” he could feel her tremble but he doesn’t care. Finally Luna raised her eyes at him the difference in their height never bothered her before until now, when she’s under the scrutiny of his heated eyes. He tightened his hold on her shoulders and Luna could feel her flesh being crushed. And just when she thought Taemin would let her go since his hands loosened on her shoulder his lips crashed into her. An electric current passed with lightning speed through her body. Now she knows the real meaning of their song Electric Shock. Her mind is blank as Taemin forced his lips on hers. But as quickly as it happened it ended right away and she was back at staring into his eyes. But the loud beating of her heart goes on.

“I like you.” His words were clear but his eyes never showed them. All Luna could see right now is anger looking back at her. “And I feel like an idiot because I know you don’t.” He closed his eyes again and when he opened them they were no longer angry but in pain. “Don’t look at me like you’re sorry Sunyoung, ‘cause I don’t need you feeling sorry for me. I don’t even care if you like Jongin. I don’t care anymore. Do whatever you want to do. Leave if you want to leave. I would no longer care.” She felt him gently pushed her away so he could open the door and he shut it closed leaving her alone feeling cold.

_

Exo-K came back from China three days later, Kai is still forbidden to contact Luna but he’s really worried. He left Korea feeling uneasy and he still feels uneasy now. Taemin told him all about their marriage. He felt something was going on with them but not really sure on what until Taemin told him about how they ended up married.

Of course it still came as a shock but after he heard the story he couldn’t help but feel annoyed at the company and even at their parents. Why force them to marry?

“Why didn’t you tell me?” was the first question he asked Taemin.

“I couldn’t tell anyone. Only my family, her family, f(x), shinee and Lee SooMan know.” Was all Taemin said. He told Kai not to contact Luna until everything is sorted out. He told him that he only wants to protect not only Luna but Kai as well.

“Taemin,” Kai called him before he could get into his car. “Do you like her?” It was a simple question but Taemin couldn’t give him an answer right away but Kai had gotten his answer when no words came out of his mouth. “Are you really doing this to protect her? Or because you don’t want to lose her?”

“Think what you want to think. But if you really care about Sunyoung and about your group you would stop seeing her.” It was hard breaking this news to his best friend who also happens to be his rival. He remembered the days when they would talk about girls in general and would tell each other that they would never be caught liking one girl. Never did he imagine that one day they’d fight over this.

They both promised that if such a thing occurs they’d choose each other instead of that girl, turns out it’s easier said than done.

He couldn’t leave Luna to go to Jongin.

And Jongin won’t let her go either.

It would have been a lot different if Luna is not married to him. He may not have developed some feelings for her or even realized that he likes her. He was okay with letting Jongin get the girl but not a girl who’s married to him.

“Sunyoung loves me.” Jongin said.

Taemin didn’t want to be cruel but he wanted to wipe the arrogance on his friend’s face.

“That could still change.”

That conversation felt like a lifetime ago but in reality it was just a couple of days ago. It felt like he’s been away for so long and he needed to see her again even if that means getting another one hour lecture from Suho or risked being expose. It’s not like he doesn’t care about Exo or s, but Jongin is young and he feels annoyed at the world for being unfair. Why couldn’t he just be there for her before all this happened? He doesn’t want to fight Taemin, but they’re together for the wrong reasons. It’s not like they’re in love so they got married. They were forced to do it. And Sunyoung is clearly not in love with Taemin. She likes him and not Taemin. She will choose him and not Taemin. He’s sure of that. But why does he feel so uneasy now?

_

“Oppa,” Jonghyun was in his room just reading a book when Luna came in. The others were out filming or doing personal stuff. Taemin left early for WGM. They no longer sleep in the same room. Taemin had moved out to Onew and Jonghyun’s room sleeping on the floor. She tried to convince him to just go back but he acts like she’s invisible often ignoring her. And every time she tries to talk to him he’d simply leave her or would just walk out on her. She’d always feel like her heart is being squeezed out when Taemin ignores her. She thought they’d be okay after a day or two but it’s been a week but still Taemin treats her like he doesn’t see her. The others told her they tried to talk to him but he won’t listen. Even Onew intervened but still Taemin won’t budge. Bap is luckier because Taemin still takes care of him.

Jonghyun sat up when he saw her. They all knew the couple is having a problem. But Taemin is the most stubborn member and whatever they say to him he still would not make up with her. Of course Jonghyun knows why and even the other guys know too. Their maknae has fallen for his wife but Key told them he got rejected because Luna is dating Jongin who they all know as Taemin’s best friend.

Your wife and your best friend. Now that’s one complicated thing.

“Sunyoung, what’s up?” he closed the book that he’d been reading. He was at the last chapter but it could wait.

“It’s Taemin,” she began. Of course it’s Taemin. Everyone knows that. The guy would not even acknowledge her presence, completely ignoring her which is really rude but Taemin said it’s the only way to fight his feelings for her. Key already suggested that Luna should stay with f(x) for a while but Luna wants to stay with them until Taemin talks to her again.

“He still would not talk to me. I thought everything would be okay but it got worse. What should I do oppa?” Luna looks desperate and he hates seeing her like this.

Jonghyun told her to sit down. He has a plan and he hopes it works.

_

They were going to China for SMTown but without Krystal. This means Luna and the others would be doing her parts in their songs. Krystal is busy with her drama and she couldn’t make it to the concert. Luna would often send her a message of encouragement and reminder to eat since she’s too busy. They were practicing for their performance a day before they leave for China with the other SM artists. She and Sulli went together to the dance studio where Amber and Victoria are waiting. She left Shinee’s apartment the night she talked to Jonghyun. He told her he has a plan but the only thing he said was to wait for his message. She thought he’d tell her more but Jonghyun told her to trust him and so she did.

Sulli walked a step ahead of her since Luna is busy texting her twin she only stopped when someone called her name.

“Jongin…” she said when she turned back and saw him. She was aware of Sulli stopping too but the other girl stayed where she is. She turned to Sulli who shook her head but Kai snatched her hand.

“Unnie,” Sulli called her. They knew of what happened. Of how Taemin was upset because she broke her promise not to see Kai. Though she didn’t tell them of what happened in Shinee’s apartment where Taemin confessed and kissed her. “We need to go,” Sulli added to Luna.

“We have rehearsal for SMTown,” Luna said to him and Kai nods his head and smiled at her. Sulli came back for Luna and pulled her away. When they got to the practice room Amber and Victoria were already warming up. The younger girls greeted their unnies and started to warm up as well. They’d perform a countless times with only four members but they still need to practice since their choreography is gonna be extra difficult with one member short.

They stayed there for more than one hour after they decided that practice is enough. Their manager came for them, Victoria and Sulli still have another schedule for the day while Amber will be meeting some of her friends.

“Sunyoung, I’ll drop you off to the dorm,” their manager said to her.

Luna was checking her phone because Jonghyun just sent her a message that Taemin will be meeting her here. “Ani oppa, Taemn’s coming to get me.” All of them were surprised to hear this. “Jonghyun oppa sent me a message. He said Taemin’s coming here.”

Amber even went to her to read Jonghyun’s message and smiled when she saw it. “See I told you he’d come around.” She patted Luna’s back.

“Well see you later then unnie,” Sulli said as Victoria gave her a quick hug. Now Luna is alone just sitting and listening to music while waiting for Taemin. Jonghyun said Taemin’s coming in about 20 minutes or so though he didn’t say how he convinced Taemin to see her. He only told her to wait for him in the practice room.

Luna thought of the things she would tell him. She better not apologize again because Taemin doesn’t want to hear her say sorry more than once. Then the door opens but instead of Taemin it was Kai who came in.

“Jongin?” Kai was also surprised to see her still there.

“Oh I thought you left, I saw the others in the lobby.” He said coming closer to where Luna was seated.

“They did, I stayed behind –” she didn’t get to finish her words Jongin thought she stayed behind for him.

“How are you?” he said instantly holding her hand.

“I’m okay,” she answered. She didn’t even dare text him. “You?” He smiled at her, he looks so tired. “You shouldn’t practice too much Jongin. You need all the rest you can get because your group is getting busier each day. I heard you’d be having another comeback for Christmas.”

“Yeah we are, I wish you’d host Show Champion with Amber noona so we could still meet up during the show.”

“Jongin listen, we can’t meet for now. I know it’s not fair but I can’t be seen with you alone again.”

“Did Taemin say you could no longer see me?”

“No, he doesn’t even talk to me anymore.” Luna pulled her hand away from him. “I can’t see you anymore for now Jongin. I’m really sorry if you got into this mess. I wish everything could have been different.” In all honesty Luna is no longer sure of how she feels about him sure she still likes him but not with the same intensity as before. It feels like as she gets closer to him the feeling also lessens. And she feels horrible that she couldn’t even admit it to him. “Jongin I think we should just –”

He stood up right away and went to the corner where the stereo is located to play some random song. “We haven’t danced for a while, wait I’ll choose a good song.”

“Jongin…”

Then the door bursts open with Taemin hurrying over her. “Are you okay? Why are you so clumsy? You should be more careful.” He was holding her shoulders like inspecting her. “Where did you hurt yourself?”

“What do you mean? I’m completely…” then Luna remembered Jonghyun’s message. Is this what he meant by making Taemin come to her. Then Taemin saw Kai in the corner who was also watching them.

“What are you doing here?” Taemin asked right away. Jongin just continued to look at the two of them. “So you’re with him?”

“No it’s not like that, I was here with f(x) rehearsing for Smtown –”

“You don’t have to tell me anything,” Taemin said and started to leave but Luna grabbed his arm.

“Taemin wait.” Taemin removed her hand. “Please just listen.” Taemin didn’t even turn to her he didn’t even look at her.

“You lied to me again.” Taemin’s voice was full of hurt and betrayal.

“No it’s not like that.”

“Jonghyun hyung told me you were hurt so like a fool I came running here only to find you spending precious time with your boyfriend.” He paused and Luna now wish she never called him. The look on his face frightened her. Is this how much she’s hurting him? And she could no longer hold the tears. They’re not even for her it’s for hurting him. She wanted to tell him she’s sorry but what’s the use? She already hurt him this much.

Taemin hated the way he made her cry. He saw Jongin watching them. He didn’t move from his spot but his eyes told him he’s ready to snatch Luna away. He really felt stupid. He told himself not to care anymore even ignored his hyungs telling him to give Luna a chance and talk to her. He decided not to care anymore but when Jonghyun told him she was hurt he came running like an idiot to check on her. He remebered the last time Luna was injured, she stayed in this same practice room for hours even when the others had come home. He found her trying to still do the dance even when it hurts. He remembered telling her some lame words but it didn't get stop her. Only when he was teasing her did he get her attention and she finally stop. But now Kai is here to do that. 

Now he made his decision.

He took out his phone and dialed his manager’s number.

“Hyung, I need to ask you a favor.” He paused and listened to his manager telling him he’s not busy so he’d do it right now. “That’s good then.” Another pause. “No it’s nothing big.” He was aware of Luna listening and she look up at him. “I want you to pack Sunyoung’s things. Yes all of it. She’s leaving Shinee’s apartment.”

 

_

 

I didn't plan on ending this chapter this way.. Taemin got in the way.. ^^

Hope you leave a word or two for this chapter :)

Thanks to my new readers and susbcribers... and thank you for those who left a comment on the last chapter :) 

*susufx *ParkMiyoung *superman_ *shiny_luna *sunyoung93 *MaeMaeEramae *whitepaper *idontcare