Maknae's Decision

Moon And Maknae

Chapter 16: Maknae's Decision

 

It was Saturday and Luna waited at the sauna house where she and Kai agreed to meet. They had been meeting every week to go on dates. Not the usual dates because they can’t be seen by public especially now that EXO is gaining more popularity. It’s a good thing Kai could get away for a couple of hours today. He told her they’re planning to release another song for Christmas.

 

“Sunyoung,” he called her when he spotted her sitting at the corner eating boiled eggs. She never told him about Taemin or about being married to him. She wanted to but Taemin said she can’t tell anyone. On her birthday Taemin gave her the most unexpected gift a husband could give. He told her that after 1 year they’d be getting a divorce and that would mean on her next birthday.

 

She was more surprised when Taemin told her that he knows about her relationship with Jongin. He said he didn’t want to prevent her in doing the things she wants because they both have their own lives. So they made an agreement, their own marriage contract.

 

Taemin’s condition:

-Luna would never tell Kai that she was married to Taemin

-Mr. Pig is no longer allowed in Taemin’s room or make that Shinee’s dorm.

-Luna should always tell Taemin when she’s going out with Kai.

 

He asked Luna to make her conditions as well. Luna could not even think of one at that time but Taemin was set on making the contract.

 

Luna’s condition:

-She would always get the bed.

-Taemin should stop tracking her.

-She could still add one condition because she could not think of one.

 

“That’s it?” Taemin asked after hearing her conditions.

 

“Taemin-ah, why are you doing this?”

 

“I want you to have the same freedom that you had before the marriage. Well not just you but both of us.”

 

“Is it because of Kai?”

 

Taemin looked at her for a while. How could he tell her that he’s doing it for her? He didn’t want to imprison her in their marriage.

 

“Wait, is it because you like someone else too?” Luna asked when Taemin didn’t answer her she assumed it really must be that.

 

“You’re birthday’s up!” Taemin said looking at his watch. “Get in your dorm and sleep.” He turned around and opened his car.

 

“Taemin…” she walked towards him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you.”

 

_

 

Two months had passed since he decided to let Luna go, well you can’t really call it letting go since she’s not even his in the first place. She’s only his wife in paper, there’s nothing that connects them. Nothing that binds them, what’s with a piece of paper anyways? Not all marriage is base in love, and love does not really end in marriage most of the time.

 

He noticed the change right away. Luna would sometimes leave early so she could have quick breakfast with Kai. Sometimes she stays up all night talking to him on the phone or sometimes they just chat online. On days that she’s free she also meets him. She’d always tell him beforehand keeping her promise. Mr. Pig had been evicted from their dorm. Bap still stays with Shinee everyone now loves the little monster.

 

He met up with Kai a few days ago, it looks obvious that he’s happy because even though he was sweating and was clearly tired from practice he gave Taemin the biggest smile like everything in the world is just right. He didn’t say anything about dating Luna though but he somehow hinted to Taemin that someone is giving him unlimited vitamins. Of course he also noticed the phone accessory Kai has which similar to Luna’s. A couple item they call it nowadays.

 

“Sunyoung went out?” It’s only Key and Taemin left in the dorm. Onew had to shoot for a TV show and Minho has a drama while Jonghyun is out having fun. Taemin nodded and Key sat opposite him, they ordered pizza for dinner. “Where’d she go?”

 

“Out.”

 

“I know that Lee Taemin. I’m asking where. Or don’t you know where your wife is going late at night?” Key finished one slice while Taemin didn’t even take a bite yet.

 

“She’s old enough to go wherever she wants hyung. And it’s not that late.”

 

“Well of course but she’s been going out almost every other night. She doesn’t even have time to cook for us. Well not that I miss her cooking because it still has not improved, but you can’t tell her that. I just noticed that even though she stays here with us she has not spent much time here.”

 

“You can’t expect her to hang out with us all the time hyung, she has other friends.”

 

“All I’m saying is something’s changed.” Taemin eyed Key waiting for some more but Key just continued eating. But this is Key and if he wants to know something he’d try everything just to get the information out. “Did something happen between you two?”

 

There it goes. Taemin took a swig of his soda, pretended to clean off the crumbs on the table and ignored Key.

 

“Taemin,” Key turned serious now. “Why is Sunyoung acting like she’s in love?”

 

Now Taemin stopped at what he’s doing, it didn’t eve occur to him until now that Luna is really in love with someone else. It might sound stupid because he knows about her and Kai. But it only hit him now.

 

“W-why do you say that?” he hated the way he stuttered. “How do you know she’s in love?”

 

“I’ve known Sunyoung even before she debuted. And this is the first time that I’m seeing her like this. it’s not even just the way she acts but her aura tells it all. She’s glowing and you could tell that there’s something behind those smiles or the twinkle on her eyes.”

 

“She’s just happy because f(x) is doing good, her musical was successful and now she’s preparing to host another show. You’re thinking too much hyung.”

 

“Amber said something.”

 

Taemin decided to come clean but first what did Amber say?

 

“She asked me if you two decided to make the marriage work. If you two decided to give it a try and be a real couple. She said that Sunyoung had been asking about this and that about guys and relationship. And she’s thinking that it’s you. But I don’t see the two of you being chummy or inseparable, you don’t even look like you actually like each other. So if Luna looks in love and you don’t then it only means one thing. She’s seeing someone else.”

 

Taemin sighed and drank a glass of water. He somehow felt thirsty. He didn’t want to spill everything to Key but it seems like Key already figured it out anyways.

 

He looked at Key who was just waiting for him to start talking.

 

“We had an agreement hyung, that after a year we’ll get a divorce. I suggested this because I don’t want to stay married for the wrong reason. I found out that Sunyoung had liked this guy for a long time and the guy still likes her but she could not go to him because she’s married to me. I don’t want her to miss that chance hyung, they were already separated because of being an idol. I want her to have that chance that was taken away from her.”

 

“I kind a have a feeling that guy is someone you really know. You won’t be giving him a chance with her if you think he’s not good enough.”

 

“Well it turns out he’s someone I’ve known for quite a long time. It’s Jongin.”

 

Key was surprised not because it was Jongin but how calm Taemin looks when he said this.

 

“And you’re okay with everything?” Taemin nodded his head. “Are you sure?” Another nod from Taemin. “You may think that we don’t know Taemin but all four us know.”

 

“Know what?”

 

“That you like Sunyoung more than just a friend.” Now it’s Taemin’s turn to be surprised but Key didn’t even give him a chance to deny it. “Well you may not realize it you had stopped arguing with her.”

 

“And not arguing means I like her?” Taemin could not see his point.

 

“Even before the incident happened that led to your marriage you had always found an opportunity to argue with Sunyoung. It can be with how she talks too much or how she takes up the space in the couch or how she always ends up eating all of your favorite food.  Sometimes it’s because of how she always takes care of others even to the point of neglecting herself or how she spoils almost everyone but you.”

 

“When did I ever do that?”

 

“You’re now even taking care of her dog. But recently the two of you stopped arguing, I even found out that she takes the bed now and you sleep on the floor unlike before when you two would argue just right after dinner on who should be taking the bed for the night. You argue because she always clutters your room with girly stuff.” Taemin was not even aware that he’s staring at Key with his mouth slightly open. How did he know all these?

 

“Taemin sometimes a guy would do the most stupid things just to get someone’s attention even if it means annoying that other person.”

 

“Okay now hyung, I didn’t do all of those stuff because I like Sunyoung. It’s true that she always has something to say about this and that. And you can’t deny she brought a lot of stuff here and my room doesn’t even look like my room anymore. You can’t also ignore that Sunyoung eats all the snack I like.”

 

“True but you kept on buying them anyways, you even buy for two now.”

 

“That’s because she doesn’t listen.”

 

“Or because you like her.”

 

“I don’t”

 

“Then why are looking so forlorn? Why do you have that sad look on your face whenever Sunyoung goes out to meet up with someone who turns up to be Jongin, your bestfriend?” Taemin tried to argue but could not find the right words to say. “And why haven’t you given her the birthday gift you carefully thought of? You even had that made.”

 

“How did you know I haven’t given her the necklace?”

 

“I asked her.”

 

“What? Hyung how could you ask her? I told her I didn’t get her any. Did you tell her I prepared a gift for her? Hyung please tell me you didn’t.”

 

“So you really didn’t give it to her? I was just playing with you when I said that.”

 

“I couldn’t, she’s already wearing Jongin’s gift.” There’s really no escaping Key.

 

“Well that’s because you want her to wear what you got for her. And admit it Taemin you’re jealous of Jongin. Because he gets to spend time with Sunyoung, he could freely tell her and show her he likes her and he gets to call her his girl unlike you who stays in the dark and completely denying that you feel something for her. You might not love her now but I’m pretty sure you’ve past the friendship feeling. It’s more than that and you know it. Sunyoung’s pretty, she’s kind, sweet and the nicest girl you’d ever encounter in the whole idol world, and you know what’s best about her?” Key paused for the dramatic effect. “She’s loyal. But because you gave her freedom to choose Jongin or what did you call it? A chance with Jongin? She’s going to stick to that. And when you finally admit that you like her you already missed the chance in fact you gave away that chance.”

 

Key stopped talking, their dinner forgotten and unfinished. It’s not that he does not like Jongin because he’s a good kid as well. He only wants Taemin to stop pretending that he’s okay with everything.

 

“What’s the point of telling her hyung? She doesn’t like me. She has Jongin, she’d always liked him. All these years hyung, she kept him in her heart. How could I compete with that? And he’s my friend.”

Key understands just how Taemin feels, he’s in a really difficult situation but isn’t all fair in love and war?

Taemin had trouble sleeping that night, Luna called him just to say that she’s staying with f(x) tonight. Key was right, she’s spending less and less time with them. She doesn’t even bother them anymore. Not with food, how their apartment looks or what they were wearing. Is it really okay for him to tell her how he feels when he had already given her freedom to choose Jongin? It was his idea, and now he’s going to take it back? That wouldn’t be fair. Maybe it’s best that she doesn’t know, and maybe it would help if he find someone else to like. 

 

________________________

 

HOPE YOU GUYS WOULD LEAVE A COMMENT TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :)

 

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING :)

 

THANK YOU FOR MY LONG TIME READERS AND NEW READERS ^^