This Feeling...

From Broken to Healed

 

"Hel-loooo!" someone said and I looked up to see Kimmy waving her hands wildly in front of my face.

"Stop that. What're you doing?" I asked in surprise.

She glared at me and then said, "Did you even hear a word I said to you?"

Whooops! I had drowned her out when she'd start going on about her work and hot models she get to be in the same pictures with. I think she was telling me about the latest guy in her clutches.

"Hmm..he must be hot," I said randomly. She glared even more fiercely at me.

"Yes he is. And on some other day I would've bought that but not today." she said glaring fiercely at me. I stared back innocently. Her love life didn't really matter to me at the moment. My mind was else where. I wondered how Jonghyun was doing? Did he find out what he'd been called for? Was it something good? I certainly hope it wasn't something bad. "You're not listening to me again!!!"

"Huh?" I said looking at her. She seemed really upset. "Look I'm sorry. There's just something I'm worried about." I glanced at my phone.

She sighed. "More like someone," She said and gave her a look. "What? It's obvious your thoughts are on Jonghyun oppa." I sighed. She was right of course. Jonghyun was who was on my mind. "Is something wrong? You guys sounded fine over the phone this morning." She looked at me pointedly and I blushed as I thought of what had happened this morning when she had..interrupted.

"Sorry. I don't know why but I can't seem to shake the feeling that something's wrong." I said glancing at my phone again. It was noon already why hadn't he called at least to let me know what had happened. Get a grip! He's probably just busy with something else. We can talk tonight when we go home.

"Alright come on. Tell me what's wrong." She said grabbing my phone and storing it in her bag.

"Hey! Gimme back that!" I said reaching for her bag.

"No~ I don't want to." She said sticking her tongue out at me. I noticed a glimmer on her finger as she lifted her bag out of my reach.

"What's that on your finger?" I asked momentarily forgetting about my phone.

"YOU FINALLY NOTICED!!!" She exclaimed at me and I stared at her in shock. "I'VE BEEN YAPPING AWAY ABOUT IT FOR A WHILE NOW AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN LISTEN TO A WORD!!!"

I was shock. She'd never shouted at me like that before. Normally she was just chill about my drifting away and after some ice cream and shopping she'd be fine. This was very new. Had she shared something important with me and I hadn't listened? Come to think of it when I had arrived here, she had already been here waiting for me. She been bubbling with excitement and I had assumed that it was because we were meeting after a while to go shopping. Also, wasn't that thing on her left finger? OMG could it be? If it was I was a rotten friend.

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked staring at her in shock. She was still steaming at me. Yikes! I guess that means that she had told me about it when I had been zoned out. "Kimmy I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. It's just...it's about Jonghyun." I figured she should know why it was I had been so out of it that I hadn't listened to her news.

She sighed and then said,"Yes it's an engagement ring. Ricky proposed and I said 'yes'."

Ricky? I racked my brain to figure out who that was. Ah yes she had said he was a singer and that she'd thought he might be the one. "So it turns out he really was the one, huh?" I said smiling at her. I got up and went around to give her a hug. "Congrats."

She smiled slightly at me. "Now tell me what is it that has you so out of it? What's wrong with Jonghyun oppa?" She demanded and I knew she wouldn't back down. I gestured for her to return my phone but she just shook her head. "Talk first."

I sighed. "He got a call this morning from Lee Soo-Man sunbae-nim this morning. Apparently he wants to meet Jonghyun." I whispered quietly.

I heard her gasp. As she was my closet friend she was in the loop. "You mean he personally called?" She asked and I nodded. "Did he say why?"

"No. It's noon already and I haven't heard a word from Jonghyun either." I said sipping my juice. "I've got this feeling that something's wrong."

"Oh pish posh!" She said fanning her hands about. "He probably just want him to compose a new song or something. Or maybe..." She trailed off and I knew she was thinking the same thing I had thought. What if it was something to do with SHINee? "If it is about, you know, maybe they all got called? And maybe they decided to catch up with each other or something like that?"

That would make sense but still wouldn't he have told me about it?

'What if it's about him?' a little voice said in my head. Yes that was also plausible. If it was about him then there is no way Jonghyun would tell me anything about it. I sighed heavily. I couldn't even call him if I wanted to as my phone had been arrested by Kimmy.

"Well anyways, have you guys set a date yet?" I asked her trying to get my mind off the matter.

She livened up and began babbling about wedding plans and the like. No they haven't set a date yet but it would be before the month was out. Well since the month just started, she had a lot of time to prepare. She was going to meet his parents next week. I wished her the best with that. She wanted to get married at somewhere exotic. Ricky was all in with that plan. She also wanted a relatively sized wedding. Well her relatively sized is other people's big. I was to be her maid-of-honour. I had no say whatsoever in that matter. Not that I minded. I was happy to play the role. She wasn't sure what colour decorations to go with. Ricky like orange but she doesn't like the idea of orange decorations and he didn't want any pink; which was her favourite colour. I was to make space on my schedule to go dress shopping with her. She claims her mother has bad taste. I promised to write her in my schedule as soon as possible. She wanted me to go cake shopping with her as well as she could never decide which to choose when she see them. I understood. She had a great liking for cake. Wondering how she kept her weight? She worked out like crazy after stuffing her face. Sometimes I went with her. I told her that she should have Ricky help choose the cake. She agreed but still insist I be there for second opinion. I accepted before she started huffing that I was her best friend and after not listening to her sharing her delightful news I was now running away from my job. She babbled and babbled but I was happy she was happy. She always said she's never get married so soon. Yet here she was glowing with happiness and she spilled out her plans for her wedding to me. Before we knew it, it was 1:30 pm.

"Wow!" She exclaimed and I smiled at her. "Can you believe it? I'm getting married~!" She laughed giddily at me.

"I know right. Whatever happened to the girl who said she'd never get marry so early?" I said teasingly.

"She fell in love~" She said in a sing song voice and I laughed. "Why did you never tell me it was this beautiful?"

"Huh?" I asked blinking. Who was this and where did my best friend go? She'd once told me that there was no such thing as love much less true love.

"Being in love, dummy!" She said looking at me with twinkling eyes. "I've found my one true love."

"Thought you said it didn't exist.." I said poking her hand playfully.

She brushed off my comment with a breezy. "That was before I met Ricky. When I first saw him, my heart just stuttered and stopped! And then it began beating like crazy when he'd approach me!"

I understood those feelings very well. It was exactly how I had felt when I had first met Jonghyun. I still felt that way around him. "It's really something." I said smiling.

"Yes! Gosh everything just seems so much brighter these days!!" She gushed and I snickered. "What?"

"Do you have any idea how you sound?" I laughed again and she blushed furiously.

"Shut up." She said and I laughed again. "You've got to meet him! He sooo handsome. Handsomer than your Jonghyun oppa."

"Hah!" I said finishing off my juice. "Yeah right."

"Well okay maybe not that handsome but still very good-looking." She grinned at me. "By the way, how come Jonghyun oppa hasn't popped the question yet?"

"Ne?" I asked her shocked.

"I always thought the two of you would get married before I found someone. I mean, you're already living together and all." She said frowning. Well it's not like I've never thought of marriage and Jonghyun in the same sentence. I just never said anything about it. I was content being with him as I was. It was a blessing for me to wake up next to his handsome face every morning. "Maybe I should have a talk with him."

"God lord no!" I exclaimed quickly. Knowing her, she would have alot to say to him. "Let it be. Just because you're marrying you want to marry me off too. When the time is right it'll happen." I added quickly.

"Don't you want to marry him?" She asked.

"Yes I do but there's no need to put the thought into his head. If he proposes to me, I want it to be because it is what he wants and is something he's saying from the bottom of his heart." I said and she nodded in understanding. Whew! Close one. "Hey we have some time left how about we go for a walk?"

"Sure let's go." She said grabbing her shopping bags as I reached over to grab her handbag. Before she could react, I quickly took out my phone and returned the bag to her. I checked it. It was now 14:00hrs and still no word from Jonghyun.

With a frown I rang his number for the third time that day as Kimmy rolled her eyes at me. His phone was ringing out. Maybe he couldn't take my call now. So I decided to send him a text message.

>>how did it go? are you alright?<<

I sent it and put my phone in my bag as I went after Kimmy. It had been a while since we had walked like this and it was kind of refreshing. Jonghyun had not replied nor did he call. I was worried now. The feeling was still there that something was wrong. I tried to hide it from Kimmy as we made our way down a slightly crowded path.

"OMO IT'S THEM!"

"LOOK IT'S KIM AH REUM AND _____." That was Kimmy's birth name. I really have no idea how she got the nickname of "Kimmy."

"WHAT? WHERE?"

"Wait isn't she the one that's dating Jonghyun oppa?"

"She's a model after all. No wonder they're dating."

I sighed. It was tough being a celebrity. It was even tougher when you were dating someone who was also famous. The news about Jonghyun and I dating had spread like wild fire when it had become public. There had been alot said. Some good, most bad. I had even gotten the blame for SHINee's breakup even though that had happened before I had started dating him. The articles claimed that we'd been secretly dating. It was all nonsense and so Jonghyun had spoken with SM Entertainment and they had finally released the reason for the breakup. The blame had shifted from me and on to the one really responsible. Shawols heart had been truly broken that day when the news had hit. I could understand. I had also been a fan of SHINee. Kimmy's cellphone began ringing.

"Oh yeobo hello~" She said happily into the phone. I figured it was Ricky. "Huh? Tonight? But i thought-? Oh okay."

"Ricky?" I asked and she nodded.

"Listen I gotta go. His parents want to meet me and my parents tonight and since our schedules are free..." She said looking at me guiltily.

"Go one. I'll go get my car and leave too." I said as we made our way back to The COEX mall parking lot. We said our goodbyes and drove off.

---

I opened the door and went in to find it dark. Huh? Was Jonghyun not home? I had had a few errands to run before coming home so it was now 18:00hrs. I the light and noticed his shoes were on the rack. He was home then but where was he and why was it dark?

"Jonghyun oppa!" I called and silence greeted me. Maybe he was in the shower. I went in to the kitchen to pack away the grocery and then moved to go into the bedroom. Passing the living room I heard the sounds of stiffled sobbing that I recognised and made a hasty u-turn back to the living room. "Jonghyun?" I called again as I pressed the light switch.

Sure enough he was there sitting on the ground curled up in a ball, crying quietly. My heart contracted and I rushed over to him without a second's thought. Why was he crying? What was wrong? What had happened? I wrapped my hands around him and after a while he uncurled himself and wrapped his arms around me holding me tightly to him. Something was seriously wrong and I had a feeling it had something to do with him.

"Yeobo what's wrong?" I asked rubbing his back. He was crying loudly now and the sounds just tore at my heart. Dear God, I prayed silently, please let him tell me what was wrong. Please let him share his pain. He kept crying and I held onto him until it seemed he had cried it all out.

With his head resting on my chest, he finally spoke in a quiet and hoarse voice, "Don't ever leave me."

 

AUTHOR NOTE: MWAHAHAHA!! YES I KNOW~~ I'M EVIL AREN'T I? HEHE!!

                         

SHINee's BACK~!

WHY SO SERIOUS?

 

I LOVED IT~! WHOOOO~! OMG!!!!!! TAEMIN'S HIGH NOTE!!!!

AND KEY!!! THAT Y TONGUE THING!!!

IN OTHER NEWS!!!!

GOSSIP GIRL VOICE: SPOTTED ONE ADORABLE PRECIOUS VERY-MUCH-LOVED DINO NAME~

YOU'VE GUESSED IT~

KIM JONGHYUN~

AT SM BUILDING TODAY~

SEE HERE