Shock

From Broken to Healed

 

JONGHYUN POV

I stared up at the building of SM Entertainment headquarters as I stepped out of my car and locked it. I had gone into this very building numerous times before and yet it felt as if i was entering it for the very first time today. Maybe it was because I was here to meet the man behind this prosperous company for the first time since I had stood before him as SHINee Jonghyun and all five---no it had just been four of us, the four of us had stood there resolute in our decision to disband SHINee. He had tried to dissuade us, telling us that we should think it over properly before making such a huge decision. We were not to be swayed however for we had already made our decision. He had conceded to us with an understanding look in his eyes. It was clear we would make the same decision if he forced us to take weeks to come back to him and so he had conceded, ending our contracts. It had been a heart aching moment, knowing that we would never again be able to stand before our fans again and hear them screaming loudly for us and giving us all the love they had. But then sometimes they loved too much and it was that too much that had---

"No I'm not going to go there..." I muttered under my breath cutting off that train of thought.

That was one place I didn't like to revisit. Although truth be told it came to me some nights unwanted with nothing I could do to stop it. I had been so scared the first time it had happened after I had asked her to move in with me. What would I say to her? How could I tell her about it when I could barely talk about? But that morning when I had woke with dread and entered the living room to find her, she had given me another reason to love her dearly. She had merely smiled at me, without a single mention as to the entire matter. Now when the nightmares came, she was there waking me up from it and holding me while I cried or just sat there shivering and she would sooth me until I fell back asleep. Just like it had happened this morning. I had thought I was getting better as the nightmares had become less frequent and I had thought that maybe before the month was out I'd finally be able to talk to her about it and close the book on that past. The nightmare from this morning was enough proof I needed to know that I wasn't in any better a place than I had been ever since that time. Then the call had come from Lee Soo-Man hyung-nim. A call I had never expected to hear from ever again. Sure we had met every now and then but it had always been his secretary who had spoke with me, he had never called me in person. So for him to personally call me and ask to see in short in a notice meant that whatever it was, it was likely it was urgent and important. That made me even more nervous than anything.

PLING! I looked down at the phone in my hand in surprised. I had gotten a message from her.

>>jjongie oppa saranghae~fighting~! MWAHH!<<

I smiled as I read her message. She always messaged me at the right time, giving me courage and raising my spirits. Whenever I needed her she was always there. I typed a reply as I walked up the stairs of SM building..

>>you're the best.how did you know i needed that?<<

I was at the elevator now, riding it up to the top floor where Lee Soo-Man hyung-nim's office was. PLING! She'd replied.

>>because i'm awesome like that. on my way to the mall now. see ya love.<<

I laughed just as the doors to the elevator opened and I stepped out and began walking in the direction of his office while typing a quick reply.

>>ok. have fun with kimmy. drive safely. see you soon.<<

With my head down focusing on replying to her I didn't notice him until we crashed into each other.

"Mian-" I began looking up quickly and then I stopped short in shock. It couldn't be, could it? Surely my eyes were deceiving me! Did i put on the wrong contact lens this morning?! But no there in front of me, staring at me in surprise was none other than SHINee's former leader, Lee Jinki. "Hyung?!"

"J-Jonghyun-ah?" Jinki hyung said only he sounded and looked less surprised than I was and I understood why when he continued after we hugged tightly. "So you were called too huh?"

"What-" I began but then stopped short realising where I was and what he'd said. "Wait you're here to see him as well? Are the others-?"

"Hyungs!" a voiced called and I turned to see Minho walking towards us.OH MY GOD! WHAT WAS THIS? Was Lee Soo-Man trying to have a SHINee reunion or something?

"Minho-ah!" Jinki hyung said smiling and we all embraced happily.

"So do you know why we're here?" Minho asked frowning. "I was so shocked to see his name of my phone this morning. By the way where's Taemin? Wasn't he called too?"

"I had been about to call him when I bumped into Jonghyun." Jinki hyung said and just as he'd finish another voice called cheerfully.

"OMO! HYUNGS!!!" we turned to see Taemin walking towards us with a huge smile on his face. He still looked like the cute maknae he'd been only he'd gotten a bit more matured. And then we were hugging again.

It's not like we didn't keep in touch with each other. We had and on occasions even hung out a bit but we;d never been altogether like this before and lately our schedules hadn't had much space for socialising with each other. Though I guess part of it was that we were reminded of him and of the times we'd spent together as SHINee whenever we saw each other. Thus we'd just spent less time talking with each other and more times with new friends. So in a sense this was like the first time we were with each other in a long time and it felt good. I didn't realised how much I missed them. I almost felt whole again. Almost. Whole is something we could never be again. Ever. The thought brought a deep ache in my chest and I turned away from the sight of the others chatting happily with each other. I felt an arm around my shoulder and turned my head in surprise to see that it was Jinki hyung. He didn't say anything and I knew he understood how I felt. Then I felt another hand around the other side of me, I turned to find Taemin looking at me sadly. So he too had noticed. Someone was standing in front of me and I looked up to see it was Minho. He threw his arm around Taemin and Jinki hyung. It was like a group huddle now and a tear slipped out of my eyes because I knew we were all experiencing the same emotion at this moment. In this moment we were one.

"We all miss him, hyung." Minho said quietly and more tears slipped out of my eyes now. This was why we didn't see each other much because the pain that was there was something none of us wanted to face. There was tears in all of our eyes now and that was how the secretary came and found us; huddled together silently crying sharing our pain.

The sound of a throat clearing had us looking up and hastily wiping our tears. Lee Soo-Man hyung-nim's secretary was standing there doing her best not to look at us as we quickly wiped our tears away.

"He wants to see you in his office." she said and we nodded at her before she her heels and walked away with us following her.

Rapping once on his door, she opened it letting us in before closing it when we had all entered. Lee Soo-Man hyung-nim was sitting behind his desk with a deep frown on his face. He'd looked up when we had greeted him and inclined his head, indicating we should sit. We'd been offer glasses with water which we had taken gratefully as our mouths felt dried. We'd sat quietly waiting for him to speak with bated breath. One look at his face and knew whatever it was he had to say to us could not be good. We stared at him and he stared at us back in silence. It was so quiet that you could've heard a pin drop. I wondered if he was recalling the last time we had faced him like this. He sighed heavily and everyone sat up straighter. This was it, the reason behind the sudden "reunion" of SHINee. Here it comes. The calm before the storm was passing. The storm was coming and boy was it big.

He opened his mouth and began speaking and I wished, and I'm sure the others felt the same way, that he'd just remain silent rather than say what he had just said to us. The glass I had been holding in my hand slipped and fell onto the floor, the little water left in it wetting the mat covering. No one paid attention to that. That could be fixed later. The matter before us was one that couldn't. I stared at Lee Soo-Man hyung-nim in shock. What was he saying? Was I hearing correctly? No I had to be a nightmare. Surely this was another cruel nightmare that I'll wake up from soon. I turned to find the other staring at him in similar expressions of shock. Minho was clenching his glass tightly in his hands while Taemin's was shaking. Onew's glass had, like mine, taken a dive onto the carpet. I turned back to Lee Soo-Man who was looking sadly at us and found my voice. Well sort of.

"What?" I croaked.

 

a/n - OH NO I DIDN'T! KEKEK~~YESH I DID...Cuz I can~~ hehehe

        

         Anyhoos do comment~~tell me what do you think it was that he said to them?

         So I'm watching Super Junior's Mystery... It's old I know..and I was eating at the first episode

         and BOOM! the girl appears and I screamed! I knew it was coming but still...

        

         it's so scary.. I'm watching it between my fingers..I'm such a wimp..

        

         IN OTHER NEWS~~~~~~~~LOL....

         The teaser video of SHINee’s new album "Why So Serious?" will be released on the 22nd and the album will be available from the 26th!

OMG!!! DID YOU GUYS SEE THE GROUP PIC? TAEMIN LOOKS SO F**KING HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

//SHOT! DEAD!

 

TEASER PICS: