Comeback

From Broken to Healed

 

YOUR POV

The days that followed were as hectic as Jonghyun said they would be. There were days when he would not even return home to the apartment and then whenever he did return he was always tired and worn out. I've asked many times now but he has refused to tell me what he was doing and so I tried not to push it and went about my own work. Despite how he busy he was, he took time out everyday to at least phone me and tell me that he loved me which was quite sweet but even those were becoming less and less frequent. I was beginning to worry. It's been a few months now since then. What if he changed his mind? What if he was getting tired of me? I was sure that there were times when he called that I heard Key's voice. Still whenever I asked he would say nothing and change the subject. I was really beginning to waver. What if he was lying to me? What if all the things he had said that morning was all a lie? What if Key never said those things? What if he was in fact actually dating Key? What if he was just pitying me? What if and what if...they continued to run through my head. I was going to go crazy for sure.

The sound of my phone ringing snapped me out of my reverie and i grabbed it thinking that maybe it was Jonghyun. I was wrong it was just Kimmy.

"Hey..." I said trying to sound cheerful but I didn't fool her.

"Well excuse me for not being Jonghyun oppa." She said and I laughed. "So hey are you free on the 21st?"

"Yeah why? Well in the afternoon anyways. Why?" I asked looking through my schedule quickly in my manager's planner.

"Good." She said briskly. "I'll pick you up at 6pm."

"Huh? We're going somewhere?" I asked confused.

"Yeah." She replied and I waited on her to expand even more but she didn't.

"Well?" I asked slightly annoyed. "Where?"

"It's a secret." She said and I could almost see her sly grin. What was she planning? "Oh by the way, is SHINee having a comeback or something?"

"Huh? Why? I don't know..." I replied frowning as my manager began beckoning for me signalling that my break was over. "Hey I gotta go."

"Oh cool. Me too. I just asked because there's a nameless audio file uploaded on SM site and they have a mystery group for their SM Town in Seoul." She said and I frowned. How had I not heard about any of this? Right I was worrying about Jonghyun strange behaviour lately. "Anyways bye."

"Wait! Why do you think it might be SHINee?" I asked as I thought on Jonghyun's strange behaviour. Could it be?

"It's what the media has been speculating! Haven't you seen the articles? Where have you been living?" Kimmy exclaimed and I heard someone call for her as I saw my manager walking over to me. "Gotta go. See ya. Remember 6pm sharp Sunday!"

I frowned as I set my phone aside and walked onto the set to pose for the camera. I made sure to make a mental note to look up that audio file and those articles after work. Perhaps I had been worrying for nothing?

"Hey can you do me a favor?"

"Uhh that depends..."

"Take these...can you make sure that she comes?"

"Uhhh...why?"

"It's kinda very important that she does..."

"But why are you giving me these?"

"Because only you can do this for me."

"Then what the papers have been saying...."

"Huh? About what?"

"So it's not true?"

"I don't know anything about that...Ah I have to go now."

"Okay..I'll make sure she's there...But remember you'll owe me big for this!"

"Thanks. I'll repay you as best as I can."

"Good."

---

"Did you give her?"

"Yeah.."

"What did she say?"

"She'll bring her."

"Are you sure you can trust her?"

"Yep, I'm 100% sure about that..."

"Okay, cause I don't want to have to prepare for nothing."

"Aigo~"

"Hyung fighting~!"

"Thanks!"

"Alright let's get back to work."

 

YOUR POV

"Everybody...wake up wake up..."

Those were the only words in the short audio file that had been posted and the voice was not even distinguishable thanks to the electronic dubbing. I sighed and closed my computer screen and glanced at the clock. It was past midnight and Jonghyun hadn't returned yet. With a huge sigh I got into my bed as my mind kept going back to what Kimmy had said during the phonecall. Was it possible? I frowned and rolled over. It had been over a month now since Key had come back to Korea but had he been cleared to perform? I highly doubted it. No doctor would give such an early clearance to a just-out-of-coma patient. So a reunion was not plausible. Maybe SM was just debuting a new group or something and had called in the boys to assist? Yep, that seemed more plausible. Jonghyun had said that his schedule was going to get hectic so it was likely that he was well infromed of his situation before he came back.

'Then don't you think that maybe it is a SHINee reunion?'

If it was that would be fantastic though I wasn't so sure about how they would react to the fans screaming for them again. They'd probably be happy... How would Key feel? Would he be scared as he look into the masses and remember his horrifying event? Will all of them? I rolled over in bed again and forced my eyes shut. It's not like they are really going to perform as SHINee again...right?

The days passed by quickly with my busy schedule and it was now 21st. I looked at the time as I drove my car into the garage and noted that I had an hour to get ready before Kimmy would come to pick me up to go to whereever it was she was taking me. I had a sneaking suspicion that it was the SM Concert but she refused to clarify it even when I asked. I parked and took the elevator up to my floor before making my way to my apartment. Opening the door, I dropped my bag on the ground and went to the fridge to grab a bottle of cold water to drink when I noticed something seemed strange. My chocolate was now half the size I had left it at. I frowned before turning and quickly walking towards the bedroom with a rapidly beating heart in my chest but the room was empty. I sighed with disappointment. Was I really thinking that he was here? I was about to turn away when I noticed the sticky note on my vanity mirror that had definitely not been there before and felt my hope flare again. Quickly, I walked over to the vanity and my heart skipped a beat as I recognised that hand writing. Snatching it off the mirror I scanned through and bit my lips to contain my sudden happiness. It didn't say much; just one line but that one line was enough to sooth my heart.

A simple thing like that left behind to let me know that he had been home and that he had taken the time to left a note to remind me how he feels. I smiled as I placed the note back on the mirror but in a corner. I chewed on my lips as I stared at it and wondered where he was right now and what he was doing. I sighed as my phone buzzed hoping it was him but only to be disappointed that it was my best friend.

>> i'll be there in a few. remember to dress fabulous. <<

>> don't even think about not dressing stunning because I'm coming to make sure you do. <<

I frowned as I read her messages and my mind began wandering again as to where she was taking me and why she was so adamant about me dressing stunning. I glanced up at the clock before typing out a quick message.

>> where are we going? i'm going to shower now. fine i'll be sure to dress stunning... <<

>> wait..how stunning is stunning? <<

>> you can let yourself in. don't ring the bell. <<

I had just set my phone down and began stripping off my clothes when my phone buzzed again. I picked it up when it buzzed more than once. I had three messages. One from Kimmy and the other two was from Jonghyun. My heart skipped in my chest.

>> okay got it. will be there in 15 minutes. and stunning in jeans and top~ <<

Okay..so we weren't going anywhere fancy then. I chewed on my lips as I opened the other two messages.

>> Ayy y lady can I get yo numba? kekekeke~ <<

I snorted as I read the first message. Is this guy for real? I giggled before checking the second message.

>> What are  you doing? I miss you. Are you thinking of me? I can't stop thinking of you~ <<

There was now a huge cheesy grin on my face as I reread the message over and over before replying.

>> no you cannot. :-| <<

His reply was instant and I grinned hugely at his reply.

>> what?! TT^TT why??? my heart is now broken.. TT^TT  what ya doing?^^ <<

>> idiot.. i'm going and shower~ i have a date with Kimmy~~^^ <<

>> what? O_O what about me???? <<

>> what about you? :-P <<

>> oh my poor heart... it cannot take this... TT^TT <<

>> aigoo what should we do? I have to go~ my date awaits me~ <<

>> noooo... TT^TT wait..where are you going with her?? <<

>> S-E-C-R-E-T~~ <<

>> 3 <<

>> Hey I gotta go. I love you~^^ <3 muah~! :* <<

>> what are you doing? <<

>> S-E-C-R-E-T~~~^^ <<

>> .... <<

>> :* <<

I frowned wondering what he was really doing when the sound of the alarm being disengaged had me scurrying for the bathroom. Kimmy called out for me and I hastily the tap to make it look like I had been showering all the time. I thought she had said she'd be here in 15 minutes. It was less that 15 minutes.

"YAH I KNOW YOU JUST RAN IN THERE!" Kimmy yelled by the bathroom door and I flinched guilty as she huffed from outside the door.

"Mianhae~ I'll be out in a few." I called quickly grabbing the soap and lathering my body.

"Hurry... We need to make sure we reach there before..." She trailed off and my ears piqued wondering what she had been about to say.

I could only hear silence now and so I hastily showered and came out of the shower after drying off and pulling on a robe. Kimmy was standing by my vanity mirror fixing her hair and when she saw me she turned and pointed at the note on the mirror. I blushed and moved to my closet, only to be stopped by her voice.

"You guys are so cheesy..." She said and I could almost hear her rolling her eyes. "By the way, I already picked out your clothes."

"Huh?" I asked turning around to find her pointing at my bed where a black skinny jeans and a beautiful white top was waiting for me. "That isn't mine..."

"They are now." She said casually as I walked  up to the bed to examine the clothes.

"You bought these?" I asked staring at  her incredulously. Where exactly were we going for her to go this far?

"Uhh well the thing is... I was driving by and saw this in the display and you immediately came to mind...." She said and I could tell that she was lying.

"Kimmy..." I said threateningly and she rolled her eyes and left my room after saying,

"Hurry up and get dressed. I'll be in the car."

I stared after her incredulously before I gave up and pulled on the clothes. I didn't want to offend her by not wearing them even though I was sure she hadn't bought them. I looked at myself in the mirror and had to admit that the clothes were totally me. I quickly styled my hair before putting on my makeup and grabbing my purse and phone. Looking around to make sure I hadn't left anything, I slipped on a pair on comfortable black sneakers [which were waiting for me, no doubt Kimmy put them there] and left the apartment after locking it.I headed down to the garage to find Kimmy leaning casually against her car. When she saw me she whistled and I grinned slightly.

"Damn you look hot~" She sang as I grinned and moved to the passenger side and slipped in. Getting into the driver's seat, Kimmy drove out of the garage and towards our destination.

---

I stared incredulously at Kimmy as she parked and hopped out fo the car. I couldn't believe it. I had a sneaking suspicion before but really...I couldn't believe it now that that suspicion was confirmed. She grinned at me as I stepped out of the car still staring at her in shock.

"SM Town? Really??" I asked looking around at the fans milling into the stadium. "You even have parking access and a backstage pass...How....?"

"S-E-C-R-E-T~~" was all she said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the entrance of the stadium.

Showing them our access pass, the guards scanned us before letting us in. It was a buzz inside the arena; fans were everywhere holding their signs and light sticks. I glanced down at the pass hanging around me neck and then back at Kimmy who looked excited as she looked around that the fans seated in the VVIP section. According to my pass, the concert would begin in a few minutes and so I turned to her once again in an attempt to find out how she had gotten all of this.

"Yah stop asking and just enjoy the show okay." Kimmy said irritated after I kept prdding her for the information. "I just wanted to come with my best friend okay!"

"Umm...but..." I began but one look at her face had me back tracking. "Okay okay. No more questions. I promise."

"Good." She said sternly before shifting to a giddly look. "Because they're about to start."

Before we had both become models, we had been both been huge SM stans so even I was now getting excited. The atmosphere was contagious anyways. The lights dimmed and a hush fell over the arena, the atmosphere unblievably charged as the fans waited for the first group to appear. The lights raised a bit and fans began screaming as the sound of a wolf howling could be heard. Kimmy and I turned to each other and screamed giddily,

"EXO!!!"

We sang along happily with the entire arena, basking in the amazing performance that they did. They followed up with Growl and Let Out The Beast before the stage lights dimmed once more. The fans were still screaming as they waited for the next act to take the stage.

keobi naseo shijakjocha an hae bwaht-damyeon
keudaen tudeoldaeji mara jom GG
jujeohamyeon gihwehneun modu neoreul bikyeo-ga
gaseum pyeogo nawahbwahra jom (T R X)

Kimmy turned to me and I grinned as we sang along, "BRING THE BOYS OUT!"
 
It was proving to be a very lively and fun time as we sang along to all the performances and then suddenly the air shifted and we knew that something was coming. The stage was lit by a single light focused on a lone figure in the middle of the stage. The music from the mysterious audio file began playing and you could feel the tension rise as well as the anticipation as EXO's Kai moved along to the dubstep intro. Suddenly he stopped and stared into the audience with his trademark smirk and Kimmy turned to yell in my ears,
 
"DAMN THAT BOY IS FINEEEE~~"
 
I nodded my head in agreement as the said boy moved his index finger from side to side in a 'No' gesture leaving fans confused. Suddenly the lights dimmed and Kai was gone as fans began talking with each other in confusion wondering what was going on. They didn't have to wonder long because the music began playing again and this time instead of Kai dancing to the dubstep part the stage was dimly lit and empty.
 
"What the hell??" someone murmured next to me and I was inclined to agree. What was SM playing at?
 
Everybody Wake up (wake up) haega ddeunda
Everybody haega ddeunda
 
And then suddenly there was a loud noise and five boys clad in white jumped out onto the stage and the arena went wild.
 
Everybody Every- everybody
Everybody everybody every-everybody jamdeun i bameul kkaewo
 
Kimmy turned to find me staring in utter shock at the stage, it felt as if all the sound had vanished. I turned to her when I felt her hand on mine to find her looking just as shocked at me. We stared at each other for a while before looking back at the stage to find Jonghyun staring at me. When he noticed that I was looking at him, he winked and suddenly I was overwhelmed with sound as my ears began working again. Kimmy and I stared at each other before grinning hugely and screaming like rabid fangirls,
 
"SHINee!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

A/N: ANNYEONG~! SO NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST~

BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER~

DID YOU GUYS SEE IT COMING? :D

WELL PLEASE DO COMMENT~! THANK YOU FOR STILL READING THIS...WHOEVER STILL DOES~

UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER~~ ANNYEONG~! SARANGAHEYO~! XOXOX~!