Healed

From Broken to Healed

 

JONGHYUN POV

The concert was coming to an end and I could feel myself sweating now for a whole different reason. Key must have sensed my nervousness because he came up next to me and squeezed my arm gently. I looked over at him to find him giving me a small gentle smile and some of my nervousness flew away. I turned to look around backstage. Taemin and Kai were practically glued by the hips...there was something going on with them I was sure of that but Taemin remained tight lipped about his personal affairs. Minho was standing between Changmin hyung and Kyuhyun hyung while Jinki hyung was talking with Donghae hyung and Eunhyuk hyung. I turned back to Key to find him smiling at something Woohyun had said so I knew that he was alright. It must be nice to have your bestest friend with you at times like these. I looked around again and spotted Kai whispering something in Taemin's ear and I was sure the maknae blushed. Yep, something was definitely going on there. I looked further and saw Sehun and Luhan talking together with Suho. Ah there was one of my best friend. Looking around I saw the Tasty twins with Kris and Amber while Xiumin and Dongwoo were talking with L and Sungjong. I turned back at the sound of Key's laughter to find him and Woohyun and Sungyeol cracking up over something. I smiled as I turned my gaze from him. It was good to see him laughing and happy. He deserved it after all that he had been put through.

I could hear the fans screaming as Girls Generation performed their final act and I swallowed. It had felt so good to be back on stage again and to hear the screams of our loyal fans for us. Of course my ears had only been trained for one particular scream and she had not disappointed me. She had looked so beautiful in the clothes I had bought for her. I knew it the moment I had gone in the store and had seen it. I knew she would be even more beautiful in it. The look of utter shock on her face had been so worth keeping her in the dark and begging Kimmy to bring her here. I felt a sweat trickle down my back as I saw the Girls Generation members making their way backstage. It was time for SHINee to go up for their 'talk'. Key turned towards me as I felt some hands clap my back. The other members were there around me.

"It's time." Jinki hyung said and I nodded taking a deep breath. This was a very decisive moment for me and for SHINee.

YOUR POV

The lights dimmed again before raising to reveal the five boys of SHINee and I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw Jonghyun. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He looked so beautiful in white and his blond hair, now no longer covered by the cap, was shining in the light. Besides me, Kimmy nudged me and I looked away from Jonghyun to her. She was smirking at me and I knew what was coming.

"Aren't you glad you came?" She asked smugly.

"Shut up..." I mumbled and she laughed because she knew that I was more than happy that she had dragged me here.

I turned my attention back to the stage where SHINee was having a fan talk. It was Jonghyun who was speaking now and somehow he seemed a bit nervous and tensed.

"Shawols..." Jonghyun began and the arena screamed,

"Ne.."

"There's alot of you here tonight..." Jonghyun said smiling as he looked around and the arena screamed again. "However, there's one very special person here tonight...can you shine the light over there?"

I felt my eyes widened as I saw him pointing directly at me and I was bathed a few seconds later in a spot light. Next to me Kimmy chuckled as I blinked rapidly to adjust to the light.

"You see that girl there..." Jonghyun said getting up from where he was seated to walk over to where I was in the crowd and I felt myself flush at the attention of all the fans in that arena. What was Jonghyun doing? "Most of you know by now but I'll tell you all the same. That girl there is my girlfriend, my heart, my everything." I blushed even more brightly as some fans squealed and some groaned. Was he trying to get me killed? "That girl right there...I don't deserve at all..."

He held his hand out towards me and I stared at it dumbly before Kimmy pushed me towards him. I took his hand hesitantly and he pulled me up onto the stage with him with the help of some of the guards. I blushed as the light dimmed and only a spot light fell on us, making us the centre of attention. I could feel the envious stares boring into me and I looked out cautiously to find Kimmy grinning toothily at me. Don't tell me....

"This girl right here..." Jonghyun turned and stared at me straight in my eyes. "I love this girl more than anything in this world..."

I bit my lips and blushed brightly at his words and the attention.

"You look so beautiful tonight baby..." Jonghyun said softly as he wrapped an arm around my waist and turned to face the crowd. "Doesn't she?"

There were some loud shouts of masculine 'Ne' and some feminine ones as well, dominated by Kimmy. I stared at her smug face and it clicked as I saw her give Jonghyun the thumbs up. I turned to him in surprise as he winked at her. It made sense now. All of it. How she got the pass and the clothes. It had all been Jonghyun's doing. I couldn't believe it.

"Thanks for bring her here Kimmy." Jonghyun said smiling at her as he pointed with his free hand.

"Just remember you owe me one." Kimmy said laughing causing some of the fans to laugh with her.

"Don't worry I'll remember." Jonghyun said laughing before turning back to me. "Now you're all wondering why I'm suddenly declaring my love..." He winked at me as I raised my eyebrows at him. "Well you see...It's because there's something I plan on doing..."

Jonghyun got down on one knee and I felt my heart stop before hastily speeding up as Key got up and came towards us. He pulled a small box from his pocket and gave it to Jonghyun before throwing me a grin and returning to his seat. Jonghyun stared up at me with a nervous expression but I could see the love he had for me shining in his eyes. Was he really going to do what I think he was going to do???? I bit my lower lip hard as he manuevered the ring box and his mike in his free hand.

"_______, from the moment I first saw you I thought there was something different about you and I got the chance to find out what it was. You are so special and I love you so much. No one would have put up with the things you did and I'm grateful for tha because it made me love you even more. You stole my heart completely that day you slapped me." Jonghyun said and I laughed slightly as I felt the tears gathering in my eyes. "The last months had been anything but pretty but you stuck by me and for that I could never thank you enough. That something that was different turned out to be your heart, that precious heart that was capable of loving a broken man like me...that precious heart that helped make me whole again. So tonight, in front of all these people...all these fans...Tonight __________ I'm asking you, will you marry me?"

There was a hush over the entire arena with the small burst of 'noo' and 'omo' but I could hear none of that. All I could hear and see at the moment was Jonghyun and his love for me and the tears that had been threatening to fall, fell.

"Say yes..." a voice suddenly said and I looked up to see that Key had his mike to his mouth and then the other members were joining him followed by the idols backstage and the suddenly the arena was filled with 'Say Yes'. I could see in Jonghyun's eyes how much it meant to him to have his sunbaes, hoobaes and even his fans support his decision and I smiled brightly at him as I nodded my head.

"Yes! Yes I'll marry you." I said laughing as he got up and hugged me tightly before removing the ring from the box and slipped it onto my finger.

"Chukhahae! Chukhahae!!" I heard Jinki oppa chanting and the fans joined in as Jonghyun and I grinned happily at each other.

"Kiss kiss kiss!!!" I turned to find the other SM artist coming on to the stage and Heechul oppa had the mike to his mouth. And just like that everyone started chanting as I blushed brightly before Jonghyun pulled me into his arms and kissed me gently yet passionately.

JONGHYUN POV

Sometime later after the event had finished, I was now back at the apartment with my future wife lying in my arms in our bed. I couldn't be any happier than I was at the moment snuggled up with her warm body next to me. I looked down and pecked her lips lightly as she smiled lovingly at me. I was sure that there was no one in this world that was happier than me at the moment. I was the luckiest man to have someone like her and I made sure to tell her that.

"Oh really?" She asked smirking slyly as she shifted so that she was on top of me.

"Yes." I said smiling as my hands ran over her smooth legs and up to her waist. I was definitely the luckiest man alive. "Were you surprise?"

"You mean the comical look on my face didn't give me away?" She said rolling her eyes and I laughed pulling her down to kiss her softly.

"I wanted to show you how much you meant to me..." I said as she rested her head on my chest.

"What if..." She began hesitantly and I looked down at her. "What if your fans and the others hadn't been so supportive? I mean after such a long hiatus SHINee finally came back and now you're announcing---mphf"

I cut her off by lifting her face up so I could kiss those beautiful lips some more. When the kiss ended, I caressed her cheeks softly and said firmly,

"I couldn't care less. My future is with you."

"I love you so much it's ridiculous." She whispered before yawning slightly.

I chuckled and pulled the duvet around us. "I love you just as much, my beautiful future Mrs. Kim Jonghyun." I murmured and she snuggled closer.

"I like the sound of that." She murmured sleepily.

"Me too." I admited grinning sheepishly. "Sweet dreams."

"Mmmmhmmm..." She murmured as sleep claimed her. "Same to you... my love...."

I smiled as I closed my eyes and lost myself in the warmth of just having her in my arms and the joy of knowing that the rest of my life I would have her in my arms. Hugging her tightly, I let sleep whisk me away.

---

When I opened my eyes again, I was alone in bed but the bed felt different. I looked around feeling disoriented and blinked shooting up in bed as my mind took in my surroundings. What the Hell? I was back in SHINee's dorm and by the looks of it I was in my old room that I shared with Taemin. It didn't make any sense. Had I not gone to bed with her in my arms so then was I dreaming right now? I turned towards the door as it opened half-expecting her to walk through it and smile brightly at me but that was not what happened. It was Taemin instead who walked through the door and he stopped short when he saw me.

"Oh you're awake." Taemin said smiling and I frowned at him.

"Why am I here?" I asked looking around and he frowned.

"Don't you remember?" He asked frowning deeply and I stared at him in panic.

"Remember what?" I asked cautiously.

"You had a big fight with Key hyung and then you got this unbelievable fever..." Taemin said walking over to where I was still sitting dumbfounded on the bed. He pressed the back of his hand to my forehead and then below my neck checking my temperature. "Ah the fever is gone. Good."

"This is a dream right..." I said  trying to close my eyes and will myself back to that apartment.

"Uhhh....hyung...?" Taemin looking at me oddly. I pinched myself hard and yelped as Taemin looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe he was right. I certainly felt like I was going insane.

"This has got to be a dream..." I whimpered feeling my throat clog up with emotions.

"Umm hyung...you had this really high fever and you were hallucinating and talking in your sleep...You've been unconscious for a day now." Taemin said and I stared at him helplessly.

What was he saying? Was he saying that I had dreamt all those things? I asked him that and he sat down on my bed and filled me in on all that had happened. By the time he was finish, I felt a little more sane and realised that what he said was highly plausible. But there was still one thing. What about her?

"Okay so if dreamt all of that...then what about her?" I asked knowing it was probably stupid but I asked nevertheless.

"Uhhh...you were reading a magazine...it's somewhere..." Taemin got up looking around our room before he found what he was looking for. "Ah! Here it is. Here.." He gave the magazine to me and pointed at the girl on the page. It was her. "Is this her?"

"Yes! So she is real!" I said staring at her beautiful face as it stared back out at me. Taemin giggled.

"Hyung..." Taemin couldn't stop his giggle and I could feel something tease my memory. I frowned trying to grasp it. "Hyung you were gushing over her yesterday when talks went to clothes and appearance and then out of hand and Key exploded and you guys got into a huge fight..."

"AH!! I remember now..." I said as the memory came back to me. I scratched my head sheepishly. "Man that was some dream..."

"Well you did say she looked like your ideal type." Taemin said getting up and going to the door. "You should get dressed and come out to eat."

He left and I flopped down back onto the bed staring up at the ceiling going over what was now I realised a dream. I remembered the scene with Key and how I had felt. I guess that must have stemmed from my guilt at having yelled at him before I came down with the fever. I got up and pulled on a clean t-shirt and went to wash my face. When I left my room I found Key in the kitchen doing the dishes and I went up behind him and hug him tight. He jumped and turned his head and then glared at me but I didn't let him go.

"I'm sorry...about everything..." I murmured and he looked at me in shock. I was never one to apologise first. "I had the horrible nightmare that you were in a coma and you didn't wake up until years later..."

Even though I knew it was a dream I could still feel myself getting chocked up and I saw him mellow. He set down the dishes and dried his hands before turning around in my arms to hug me tight.

"I'm here and I'm alright and it's kinda my fault for blowing up like that as well.." Key said and I sighed and hugged him tighter. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah..." I said letting go of him and he turned back to his dishes. I turned to leave the room when a thought occurred to me and though I felt a little silly I said it anyway. "Key..don't ever fall for me...I love you as a brother and nothing more."

Key stared at me much like Taemin had earlier. I shrugged and walked out of the room with the knowledge that he was not going to be falling in love with me. I was relieved. I didn't want to have to hurt him again like I had in that dream. Speaking of that dream....

"Hey where does she work?" I asked looking at Taemin who rolled his eyes.

"Trying to make a dream real?" He asked slyly.

"Hey you were the one all blushing and whispering with Kai in my dream...." I said with only the intent to but Taemin actually blushed!

"What bull are you spewing now?" He grumbled looking down and I blinked at him. "And check the magazine it should say where she works if you wanna go find her."

"Uhh okay..." I said not knowing what else to say. It wasn't like I would have a problem if he was, you know....leaning in the other direction.

I went back into the room and picked up the magazine and scanned the article quickly taking note of the company name. Dialling operator on my phone I quickly requested the company number and was told that she was in at the moment. Looking at myself in the mirror, I decided to take a quick shower before dressing presentably and left the dorm in search of her. When I got there I asked to see her and she came out taking my breath away. She was so beautiful and she was frowning as she stopped in front of me and I cleared my throat gathering myself.

"Hi I'm Kim Jonghyun." I said holding out my hand with a small smile. After a brief moment's hesitation she shook it quickly. All too soon her soft hands were gone from mine. I wanted to hold them longer.

"Would it be rude of me to say I know?" She asked and I laughed causing her to smile a little.

"Would it be weird if I told you I dreamt you and I were together and that I proposed and you accepted...?" I said shifting my feet nervously as she stared at me incredulously. "And that I came to find you to make that dream come true?"

"You came to propose?" She asked staring at me much like Taemin and Key had back at the dorm.

I laughed shaking my head. "No...well not marriage anyways..." I said and she folded her hands and quirked an eyebrow at me. "I came to see if you would, you know...be interested in being friends..."

"You want us to be friends...?" She asked looking dumbfounded and I nodded. "You do realise we don't know anything about each other right..."

"Hence the friendship...We can get to know each other....I'm not half bad you know.." I said shrugging and after a while of looking at me seriously she finally nodded.

"Okay..." She said and I felt my face split into a huge grin that I tried to rein in. I didn't want to scare her. "We can be friends... There's no harm in it..."

"Okay... So uh..." I said scratching my head as he phone went off. She glanced down at it and I figured she needed to get back. "You probably have to go..." She looked up and nodded apologetically. "That's okay.. Don't let me disturb...Uh can I...maybe have your number?" She arched an eyebrow at me. "You know so that we can probably text each other..."

"Okay..." She said giving me her phone to put my number in as she put hers in mine. "I gotta go...so bye...Jonghyun oppa."

"Yeah thanks..Bye." I said as she turned and walked back into the building and I left it with a huge smile on my face. I opened my phone and texted Taemin.

>> I got her number. :D <<

My phone buzzed signalling he had replied.

>> not bad hyung. good for you (Y) <<

I grinned as I looked down and opened a new message and began typing. The future was something I was greatly looking forward to. I smiled as I stepped into my car and my phone buzzed to let me know that she had replied to my message. Yep, Life was gonna be even better now.

 

A/N: ANNYEONG~ SO DOUBLE UPDATE AND IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER~

THANKS FOR SUBBING AND READING UNTIL NOW...AND DO COMMENT~!^^

DO SUPPORT MY OTHER FICS~^^ CARNAL INSTINCT AND TWO OF A KIND AND THE VAMPIRE AND THE WOLF AND INESCAPABLE LOVE

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT...LOVE YOU ALL~! XOXO~! N_Precious~! BYE BYE!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS FIC~!