A Heart Falling Apart

I'm Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 5 - A Heart Falling Apart

I walked to the couch where she was sleeping. I kneeled down and looked at her face. I stopped loving her, but somwehere inside my heart, I still care for her.

“Mi Young…” I whispered softly not wanting to wake her.

I was about to her cheek but stopped. *What am I doing now?* I thought with a frown. I pulled my hand back and let out a sigh. I leaned my head in about to kiss her cheek goodnight but stopped. *Ugh! Seriously! What the heck am I doing?!* I shouted at myself and stood up.

I looked at her sleeping face. I can clearly see the dried up tears on her face making me feel guilt and sadness. I looked down with a sigh. “I'm sorry.” I whispered before walking back inside the bedroom and slept.

~Mi Young’s POV~

I woke up due to the sunlight shining on my face. I sat up and walked to the bathroom. Before entering, I find Baekhyun walking out of the bathroom. He notice me standing there and looked at me.

“Mi—“ Before he could finish his sentence, I walked inside the bathroom and closed the door shut. I didn't want to face him after yesterday nights event. His words still affected me and stabbed me right in the heart.

I turned around and stared at myself in the small tiny mirror. My face was pale and white, so white I look like a living ghost. I grabbed my powder and powered my whole face with lots of layers.

*B-Baekhyun oppa… I’m dying.* I thought as a tear slid down my face.

I wiped my tear and continued putting on some powder. I put my powder down and did my daily routine.

I walked out of the bathroom and entered the kitchen finding Baekhyun sitting on the kitchen table. He finally noticed my presence and looked at me.

“Do you want some food?” I asked with a fake smile.

“No. I’m going out with Hae Ri.” He answered.

I looked down and walked to the stove and started cooking. I was hoping he’ll come by and give me a back hug as usual. But that was the past, and the past was the time Baekhyun loved me. I let out a sigh and put my food on a plate.

I sat opposite him and started eating. It was awkward and silent, what was even more awkward was Baekhyun was staring right at me.

“Mi Young.” He called my name.

“Yes?” I answered without making any eye contact with him.

“Why is there so much powder on your face?” He asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Because…” I paused.

“Because?” He lifted his eyebrow.

“Because I look prettier with makeup.” I lied with tears already running down my cheeks.

*Because I don’t want you to find out I’m dying.* I answered in my head.

“Pathetic.” He spat.

I bit my bottom lip trying to prevent myself from crying. I looked down and wiped my tears. I continued eating as Baekhyun was reading the newspaper.

The doorbell was soon heard. Baekhyun smiled and walked to the door. I didn’t hear Baekhyun say a word after that. Usually I would hear smooching noises or sweet talks.

“Hey is Mi Young living in this house?” A voice asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter