11

My Royal Romance

Yuri's Pov

 

"Are you done yet?" Kris asked impatiently, knocking on the door, as I tried on my billionth outfit. 

"Nope!" I replied back, loudly. "You know I can't decide on my outfits!"

After a small pause, Kris just said, "Okay, that's it, I'm going in." 

Before I could even protest, he opened the door and looked at me. He was wearing a comfortable T-shirt with a varsity jacket over it, skinny jeans, and had a snapback slung casually over his head.

"Kris! What if I was changing!?" I hissed, covering my chest in instinct. 

"But you weren't," he pointed out and scanned my outfit. 

I was wearing a dark gray baseball T-shirt, white shorts, and black cat leggings and Kris gaped. 

"You made me wait out there when you look perfectly fine?" he asked in disbelief. 

"I'm a girl okay? I'm indecisive about my outfits!" I objected, making him roll his eyes. 

"You're silly," he said, walking over to me, and flicking my forehead. 

"Ah, hey," I mumbled, rubbing my throbbing forehead.

"You look pretty just the way you are," Kris said, brushing through my hair softly. Good thing he wasn't looking at me because I was probably as red as a tomato. 

"We should go, so that we don't be late for the movie," I reminded. 

Kris smiled at me, and I swear, my heart thumped so wildly in my chest, the whole world might've heard it. 

"You're right." He nodded and then held out his hand warmly, and I sheepishly took it, feeling my heart skip a beat as our fingers touched. 

"Let's go, yeah?" Kris asked, and I nodded feverently, quickly grabbing my purse. Then, he led me out of the room, and on our way to the door, we met Chanyeol. 

"Ah, hi!" He greeted warmly, then noticed our hands and our outfits, and smugly smiled. "Are you two going on a date?" 

"Haha yeah," Kris answered coolly. 

"Aw, you two look adorable." Chanyeol teased playfully. 

"Heeey," I whined at Chanyeol, as he pinched my right cheek.

"Chanyeol," Kris said sternly as he removed his hand away from my cheeks. "We really have to go." 

"Aw, okay," Chanyeol whimpered playfully. 

"Aish, you're a troublesome kid," Kris said as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, have fun," Chanyeol laughed cheerfully, and walked away.

"That troublemaker," Kris mumbled, and then smiled eagerly at me. "You ready?" 

I nodded earnestly and he then led me to the door, where I put my boots on.

"Let me help you with that, princess," Kris said teasingly. 

"But I already put one shoe on though!" I protested. 

"Okay, I'll put the other one on." Kris said, taking my other shoe, and sitting me down.  

"You're treating me like a kid," I pouted.

"No way, I'm treating you like a princess." Kris replied, not looking at me because he was too busy putting on my shoe. Maybe it was because he was putting on my shoe, but I was madly blushing, and trying to calm myself down, so that I didn't die squealing. 

"Hey, Kris, I heard you were leaving and I just wanted to ask-" Someone said, and judging from the voice, it was Sehun, but he stopped midsentence probably because he walked in on Kris putting on my shoe. 

"Um, nevermind, I think I'll go ask Luhan, he might have the answer." Sehun spoke quickly and tried to race away, before Kris stopped him by calling his name. 

"It's not really what you think, and what'd you want to ask?" Kris muttered, not moving his head up to meet Sehun's eyes. 

"Nah, it's nothing, um, I'll see you later, okay bye." Sehun said quickly, and waved us off, quickly dashing away. 

"Aw, Kris, you scared poor Sehun away with your stare," I frowned, knowing that his stare can even scare world wanted criminals and he just scowled. 

"It wasn't my face." Kris answered. "It was your meaty legs and ankles!" 

"H-hey! Your face is no different!" 

"You just indirectly called your legs and ankles meaty. Idiot." Kris replied smugly, and once I processed this, I wanted to facepalm myself, and disappear to the Earth's core. 

"Sh-shut up! We're gonna be late for our movie." I mumbled, changing the subject and Kris laughed. 

"Okay okay." He said, then grunted as he stood up.  I stood up as well, and we walked to the car in the garage. Once we got in and buckled up, Kris sighed in relief when he sat down. 

"You sound like an old man when he finally gets away from teenage girls," I mumbled. 

"Well you must be the teenage girl I'm so glad to get away from." Kris retorted, and I felt myself falling into a bigger hole of stupid. 

"Or maybe you're the girl?" I suggested and he turned his head to stare at me.

"What are you talking about?" 

"I don't know, I'm being weird now, uh let's go." I said, awkwardly smiling. Kris nodded slowly, and started the car. He drove out of the garage, and onto the street, and I found myself in an awkward position. We didn't exchange words for a while, and I just turned my head to look at the scenery outside the window

"Hey, why were you acting so cute today?" I suddenly asked.

"What are you talking about?" Kris replied, furrowing his brow in confusion, as he turned around a curb.

"You know? When we were leaving...?"

"Oh!" Kris said in realization. "About that, since we're a married couple, don't you think we should be all cute to each other?"

I wanted to hide in a corner when I caught onto what he said.

"You didn't think about that...?" Kris asked, and even when I didn't look at him, I could feel his growing smirk.

"O-of course I did!" I lied.

"You're such an idiot," Kris laughed. "I know you didn't know."

"Hey, don't act so cocky..." I mumbled. 

"It's only because we're friends." Kris replied, making me perk my ears. 

"We're... friends?" I asked. He raised a brow, but didn't look at me. 

"Yeah?" he answered. "Why? You don't think we're friends?"

I laughed softly. 

"It's funny, when we met we always fought," I replied quietly, a small, but warm smile, while still looking outside. Kris sent me a quick glance, before his eyes flicked back to the road.

"Well that was back then," he mumbled.

"It's weird how feelings change," I answered, turning to look at him and he hummed in reply.

"You were a pretty wild child." He said.

"H-hey, you weren't so great either... always hanging out with Eonjeong," I pouted.

"Hey, you always hang out with Baekhyun," Kris complained loudly.

"So?" I asked innocently. Kris cursed under his breath before replying.

"So, Baekhyun like--" Kris stopped mid sentence.

"Baekhyun what?"

"Nothing."

I groaned as he refused to tell me.

"Anyways," Kris said, changing the topic, "um, we're here."

"Ah?" I said and looked out the window to see a bright movie theater. 

"Let's go," Kris unbuckled his seat belt, and I followed suit, quickly getting out. After locking the car, he walked me inside, and quickly purchased our tickets.

"Hm, we still have time." Kris mumbled as he read through the tickets quickly, looking up at me once he finished. "What do you want to do?" 

"I don't know," I answered sheepishly, shrugging. "What do you want to do?"

"Er, um," Kris rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly, "I don't know either. Sorry."

"Sorry for what?" 

"For forcing you to come with me on this date," he laughed nervously.

"Ah, nah it's cool," I punched his arm playfully, grinning to ease the awkwardness. "I wanted to see the movie anyways."

"Really?" Kris asked, raising his brow.

I nodded to reassure him, and he softly smiled.

"Oh, hey, I think it's time for the movie," Kris grinned, as he checked his watched.

"AOkay," I answered. "Let's go~"

We both walked inside the theatres after the person ripped up half of our tickets and told us where the room was.

"Let's sit here," Kris whispered as he pointed to seats on the end of a row.

I nodded, and sat in the seat at the end, and sit sat next to me. The commercials were still rolling, so I just stared off into the distance, but once the movie started, I found myself not paying attention. I was more focused on my thoughts, and the movie was in the back of my mind.  I was just thinking about how I liked Kris, and whether or not it was worth it, but I could barely get my thoughts through, as the lights got brighter, and I snapped out of my thoughts, realizing that the movie was over. And it's not like I spent the movie just thinking about that -- I just kept on getting off topic. I'm the type of person that gets distracted easily and I can't quite sit still or think of the same thing for extended periods of time. I mean, during the movie, I kept on fiddling with my fingers, even though I wasn't even paying attention to the movie in the first place. Kris stood up and stretched with his hands in front of him, yawning. 

"Are you gonna get up?" He asked when he looked at me with slightly tired eyes.

"Ah, yeah," I nodded, and while I stood up like a little deer, Kris smiled and laughed softly. 

"You're just like Luhan," he grinned, holding out his hand. "Your legs are so wobbly."

"Hey, I've been sitting down for a while," I countered, pouting. 

"Okay okay, I know that," Kris laughed. 

He carefully led me out, and I was grateful, knowing that my legs were still weak. 

"So, how'd you think of the movie?" he asked, watching my legs, with an amused expression. 

"Oh," I said slowly, also focusing on my legs. "I thought it was good." 

Kris's head shot up with excitement. 

"Right? Oh God, that part where--" 

He just named parts of the movie, and I nodded pretentiously, as if I knew what he was talking about. Kris smiled, and said, "I'm glad you decided to watch the movie with me."

"Ah, no problem," I looked up and smiled at him, then went back to kicking my legs, letting the blood flow. Kris was just watching me, and it was silent between us, but then someone called out my name. 

"Yuri?" 

I turned confusedly to meet the speaker, and I nearly fell over when I saw who it was. 

"Hajoon?!"

The guy nodded eagerly and I didn't hesitate to run over and hug him.

 

Kris's Pov

 

I was surprised to see Yuri hugging that guy. Who was he anyways and why are they even hugging?

"Huh?" I said nervously. "Who's this, Yuri?" 

"Ah," Yuri pulled away from him, and smiled warmly. "Kris, this is my old childhood friend, Lee Hajoon. Joon, this is my husband, Kris."

"What?!" Hajoon looked surprised as she said that. "Him? But aren't you 19 or so now?"

"Ah, yeah, but oh well," she shrugged. 

"Nice to meet you," I forced a smile and held my hand out. 

"Ah, same." Hajoon shook it weakly, and I gazed at him, evaluating his appearance. He had brown hair, pale skin, and a rather small stature. From first glance, he looked quite weak.

Hajoon turned to Yuri, and he grinned, "We haven't seen each other in while huh?" 

"Ah, yeah, since middle school, huh," she agreed.

For some reason, there was a burning sensation in my stomach and chest and it had only started when Yuri hugged Hajoon. Perhaps I was sick? I decided to have myself checked out later on.

"Well, it was nice seeing you, Hajoon oppa," she smiled.

"Yeah, nice seeing you too," Hajoon grinned, and looked at me awkwardly. I acknowledged him with a small bow and quickly looked away. Yuri turned around, to face me and smiled. 

"Are you ready to go?" she asked. I nodded numbly, and forced a smile.

"Yeah," I answered. 

As we walked to the car, my felt my chest burning with an emotion I've never felt before, and I definitely don't really like it.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahh, sorry if this chapter sounded weird, it's because I was suffering from writer's block ugh. Thank you for reading though! I love you all! Have a nice day!