14

My Royal Romance

Kris's POV

 

Ever since Chen and Lay had suggested (or straightforwardly told me) that I like Yuri, I have been doing nothing, but being awkward and slightly avoiding her. I mean, this is an awkward topic right? The last person I liked was Eonjeong, so I'm not used to this tension. And besides, even if I did like Yuri, she might not like me back! It'd be so embarrassing for the Crown Prince to not be liked! Sighing, I snapped out of my thoughts as Yuri approached me and the guys.

"Ah, hi Kris!" She smiled warmly, as she saw me, after she greeted the guys. 

"H-hi," I stuttered, and wanted to punch myself in the gut afterwards. Way to keep it cool, Kris, way too keep it cool. Chen snickered as he heard my stutter, and I shot a glare at him.

"So, Luhan, I finally finished the document you handed me," she said, and gave the baby faced adult a manila envelope and I stared at it questioningly. 

"Ah, thanks," Luhan grinned, taking it gratefully. 

"You're finally doing princess duties now?" I teased.

"Ah, it's not really a duty, I'm just trying to help," Yuri mumbled, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"Oh, so you're just playing still?"

"Hey! I'm not playing," Yuri said, as she hit me playfully. "I'm working hard, for your information."

"Okay, okay," I grinned. 

See? I don't act like I like her. The guys have it all wrong. I noticed Chanyeol grinning suggestively at me, and I rolled my eyes. He's just... just making up a ship! Yeah, that's right. It's only just a made up ship, nothing else. I mean, psh, I don't even like her like that! 

"Hey, it's work, Kris!" Luhan pouted. "Don't think I only play around with Sehun!" 

Sehun nodded with expertise.

"Okay, okay," I grinned. 

I turned and almost doubled over as I realized what Yuri was wearing. She stood there, flaunting off her bare shoulders with a sleeveless polka dot blouse, and showed off her bare legs with shorts. I mean... what if someone just happens to notice her shoulders?! Or her legs?! I bit my lip nervously, but then I just shook those thoughts out of my head. 

Why was I even thinking like this? Psh, I don't even like Yuri like that, right? But I couldn't just help looking at her; she was honestly very pretty.

"Yah, aren't you cold like that?" Kyungsoo worriedly asked. "I mean, I know it's summer, but still..."

Yuri laughed softly.

"Well, it's not cold, it's actually the opposite," she warmly smiled. "It's sort of like wearing boxers and tank tops." 

"Ah," Kyungsoo nodded with understanding. "Well, as long as you don't get sick." 

He showed his signature squishy smile, and I winced slightly. Hey, how can Kyungsoo look at her like that? W--wait, I don't even like her, Kris, get this thought out of your head, you're just being paranoid.

"So Yuri," Chanyeol smiled cheekily. "Have you been talking with Kris lately?" 

I shot him a quick glare before Yuri turned to me, tilting her head. 

"Mm, I guess. But the idiot and I don't see each other much lately," she frowned. 

"H-hey, it's fine! You look like a hooch right now anyways!" I teased.

"What are you talking about? You don't like the way I'm dressing right now? Kris, it's practically burning outside!" Yuri asked, looking at me with an indescribable expression on her face. 

"Ah, I never said that," I answered, biting the inside of my mouth. I felt really awkward around her, and I was super conscious, wondering if anyone could sense it. My eyes quickly fleeted to the guys, and I noticed that Tao was sending suggestive looks with his eyes. 

They darted from me to Yuri and he made sure to raise and fall his eyebrows, as if he was saying, "Kris? You're acting weird?"

I let out a deep breath quietly, and tried thinking of ways to kill our conversation. 

"Pf, stupid Kris." Yuri mumbled, and I just didn't reply. 

"So Yuri," Luhan stated, as if he also sensed my awkwardness. "How's being a Crown Princess? It's alright, right?" 

She nodded vigorously, and I found myself admiring her features again. H-hey, Kris, stop that!

"It's okay," she smiled at him, and I felt that burning sensation inside my chest again. "It's not that bad." 

She shrugged, and I was too busy to notice, as I looked down at my chest worriedly. Maybe I was getting really... sick? Maybe I was coming up with a cold?

"Oppa, are you okay?" 

I lifted my head up, and saw Yuri leaning rather closely to me, her face inches apart. I almost cursed out loudly, but it was a good thing I have good self-control.

"Ah, yeah," I answered slowly. 

"Oh," she smiled in relief. "Well, at least you're not feeling that bad."

I nodded, feeling my face heat up. To avoid making myself seem like an idiot, I just said, "Well, I've got work, so I'll get going, okay?"

"Ah, alright," Yuri looked at me, her eyes reflecting sudden disappointment, and I felt like my heart fell. Yah, Kris, what are you saying?! I just bowed quickly, and walked off, before I put myself deeper into a war that I know I will never win. 

 

Yuri's POV

 

I stared, concerned, as Kris oppa walked away. I wondered if he was sick, but then shook those thoughts off, as I remembered that he said he wasn't. Quietly sighing in relief, I wondered why he was acting so weird.  Even before I asked him if he was sick, he was acting kind of weird, sort of as if he was avoiding me?  No, that can't be... Why would he be avoiding me? 

Gasp! What if he's sick of me? What if he hates my soul again? What if Tao made him buy Gucci again? Endless mounds of questions flew in waves into my mind. The more I thought, the more I worried. Ah, maybe he really hates me... I kept thinking to myself, and Baekhyun must've noticed.

"Are you okay? You seem kind of anxious?" he asked, concerned. 

"Ah," I blinked, snapping out of my thoughts to look at him. "No, it's nothing." 

"Are you sure?" he asked to confirm.

I nodded vigorously to ease his state of mind, and he softly smiled. 

"As long as you're okay," he warmly said, and I smiled back. 

Yeah, I am okay. I'm totally okay. Completely okay. Shin Yuri is definitely okay. I wasn't over thinking about it. Was I? Nah, no way. I kept arguing to myself silently as I was thinking about whether or not I was over thinking it. 

"Um... Are you sure you're okay?" Baekhyun asked again, to confirm once more. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded again firmly. 

He stared at me suspiciously, but then shrugged and continued on. Okay, Yuri, stop arguing with yourself; you're making Baekhyun worried. I just silently worried over Kris, as I talked with the guys. 

 

Baekhyun's POV

 

Hey! What did that idiot do this time? I was concerned for Yuri because it seemed like they fought or something, but it seems like it wasn't the case. Maybe she's worried if Kris is sick? Probably. I sighed quietly to myself and noted that I should visit Kris later on to see how he was doing. 

"Hey, Baek, you hungry?" Chanyeol asked me, and I blinked, snapping out of my thoughts. 

I looked up at him, and he was being like his usual self; all smiley and cheerful.

"Ah, no," I answered dryly. "Hey, I'm gonna go do something okay? It's important."

"Okay cool, see you later. If you want me, I'll be busy stealing food from the kitchen-- I mean, sitting in the bathroom or something." Chanyeol called out, and I nodded, quickly walking off.

Where was Kris? I walked all over the place; his room, his office, everywhere! Even Ace probably doesn't know where his dad went. I sighed in frustration, and placed my hands on my hips. Where is that idiot?! As I maid passed by, I quickly waved to her.

"Yes, your Highness?" She asked anxiously.

"Have you seen Kris?" I asked urgently.

Her brows furrowed as she replied, "I last saw him walking into the garden..."

I nodded, and muttered a quick thanks before quickly walking there. How could I think to not check the garden? Am I the idiot now?

"Kris?" I called out loudly, as I slowly padded into the garden.

There was no reply.

"Kris?" I repeated, even louder this time.

Still, there was no reply. I sighed heavily to show my annoyance at the guy, but there was still no reply.

"Hey, Kris, where are you?! I swear, I will make you buy Tao the whole Gucci business if you don't answer me!" I threatened.

My eyes roamed the area, and there was no mistake. I spotted two legs swinging lifelessly on tree branches, and as my eyes trailed upwards, I saw the dragon boy. He sat on the humongous branch, deep in thought. I assumed that was why he didn't bother to answer me.

"Hey you!" I called up to him, and Kris looked down at me, surprised.  

"Baekhyun? What are you doing here?" he asked, confused and I let out a heavy sigh, rolling my eyes.

"Idiot! Get down! I don't wanna keep yelling at you!" I shouted. Kris shot a glare at me, but I looked at him firmly, tapping my foot impatiently. He sighed, and hopped down easily, making me jealous for his nimble and graceful long legs. 

"What's up?" Kris asked, as he stood in front of me, impatiently.

"You feeling okay?" 

Kris furrowed his brow. 

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" 

"You don't act like you're feeling okay," I rolled my eyes.

"Really? Oh, well sorry. I guess I'm just tired?" he suggested. I narrowed my eyes because I wasn't completely sure if he was telling the truth or not, but I just shrugged. 

"Fine. If you feel tired, go to bed, or else you'll really get sick." I answered. 

Kris nodded, and I quickly bowed before walking off to join the guys. 

 

Kris's Pov

 

I sighed as I watched Baekhyun go, and then I decided to lumber to my room. Maybe a dream will tell me what to do? I shook my head at the ridiculous idea. I mean, who ever got answers like this from their dreams? Sighing again, I walked through the hallways, and because I wasn't paying attention, I bumped into someone, when I turned a corner.

"Ah, sorry," I bowed down quickly, but paused when I heard the other voice.

"S-sorry!" 

The voice was oddly familiar, and it was a voice that I was avoiding. I slowly brought my head up and saw the top of Yuri's head. Great. Just when I was avoiding someone, that someone has to show up. Her eyes widened as she realized who it was, and brightly smiled. I felt my stomach tying billions of knots as I anxiously smiled back.

"Hey," I greeted. 

"Hi Kris," Yuri answered back. "Are you okay? Are you feeling sick?" 

I softened at her worried tone, but I seemed to still be awkward and when I mean awkward, I mean more awkward than usual. 

"Nah, I'm okay. I'm just tired-" I stopped in mid-sentence when Yuri got onto her tippy toes and touched her cool, slender fingers to my forehead. She put another hand to her forehead, and beamed warmly.

"Thank goodness. It doesn't seem like you have a fever." She sighed in relief, and got down onto her feet. 

"Y-yeah," I stuttered, my face heating up. 

She tilted her head in confusion, and I bit my lip. I couldn't handle this anymore. My feelings were getting all weird. I had to get out of here.

"Well, um, I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep okay?" I spoke quickly, making a bunch of awkward hand motions, flustered. 

She stared at me with a confused look, but just nodded. 

"Oh, um, okay, have a nice nap." She softly grinned, and I immediately strode to my room.

My heart was beating wildly, and I just assumed it was because I was incredibly nervous. When I got inside, I fumbled while I shut the door.

"Why am I so weird with that girl?" I asked myself, biting my lip. "It's not like I like her like that... Right?" 

Shaking my head, I just absentmindedly made my way to the bed, and I just fell onto my side carelessly, like when you tumble on the bed, not caring where you land or what you mess up. I slumped, hunching my back, as I saw my son lying there innocently. Grabbing Ace with a long sigh, I curled my fingers on his soft, white fur, and I blinked, my heart getting heavier with conflict. There's got to be a reason why I am so awkward around Yuri. There has to be a rational explanation for why I get so weird and tingly around that girl... She's just my friend, right? I mean, that's what I call her. But maybe I'm just missing something or I'm misreading my emotions? Maybe Lay and Chen were right. Maybe Chen wasn't being a complete troll and maybe Lay didn't just forget and mistake us for some other couple he knows. Maybe that's why my heart seems to not calm down when I'm near her, and when I see her smile, I feel like my day can't get any better and maybe that's why I don't feel anything towards Eonjeong anymore. I winced as a warm tear dropped from my left eye as I realized it. It's not even a suggestion anymore.

I really did love Yuri.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

ayyyy guys what's up? omfg look at xiumin ahhh cutie pie. anyways, sorry for the kinda short update! i hoped you enjoyed it though lol have a nice day! (the last picture tho omg)