15

My Royal Romance

Kris's POV

 

After my sudden revelation, I quickly got up, and gently put Ace back into the bed. I had to confess to Yuri. It was now or never. Dashing out of the room, I looked desperately for her. Where could she be? I bit my lip as I ran around. 

"Ugh, Yuri, where can you be?!" I hissed silently, and looked out the window, but it was no good. 

The garden was too big to find one person. The sun was setting, and the fireflies weren't out yet, and I wasn't even completely sure that she was in the garden. It was just a small guess. I sighed, and tried looking for the guys. Where were they? Wait, shouldn't I be more romantic about my confession? I stopped, and put a finger to my chin. If I had to confess to my wife, I'd have to make it good. 

This is the only time I'll ever confess to her anyways. It has to be special. After standing there for a minute, I just decided to confess under the stars, out in the garden, where she liked it best. Nodding in confirmation, I just started walking back to the room. I had to make my confession sweet. 

Okay, time to think of a sappy pick up line, like... like 'hey, are you a parking ticket because you have a fine all over you!' Okay Kris, that was beyond stupid. I can't believe you even had the audacity to think that. 

Sighing, I just walked into the room, and checked if anyone was in there, before sighing in relief. Being in a room by myself means that I can say anything I want. 

"Okay, Kris. You can do this! You can totally do this--" I said, but then cursed loudly, as I stubbed my toe on the closet leg. 

"Ou-ouch..." I mumbled, and grabbed my throbbing foot, hopping around. 

I fell on the bed mattress, biting my lip. After regaining myself, I just stuck to sitting on the bed to plan my oh-so-amazing-confession. 

"Okay, I'll confess under the stars. What next?" I said, after thinking for ten minutes. 

Groaning, I just put my head on my hands. Why was planning so hard?! I'm starting to get frustrated here. Sighing, I just started looking around the room for ideas, but I wasn't getting any. Blowing at my bangs, I just decided to start procrastinating. Well, it wasn't a decision. I just started to. You know what I'm talking about? It's like, when you're supposed to take a bath, but you go eat a few cookies, and then you say that you can't take a bath or shower because the food has to digest or else you'll get a cramp. 

Sort of like that, right? No? Well whatever, you know it goes with me and scenarios. I sighed heavily, as I just played around with Ace, flicking his scarf repeatedly. 

"Daddy, you'll never have the chance to confess if you keep on playing with me," Ace warned. 

"Hmm, I will, I will, just believe in your dad." I answered absentmindedly. 

"Liar!" Ace accused. "I know you dad. You're just gonna keep on playing with my scarf! Only I can play with my scarf! You're a grown man..." 

"What'd you just say?" I widened my eyes. 

"Nothing daddy." Ace answered, his large, round eyes shifty.

I narrowed my eyes, but Ace just slapped my hand with his wobbly leg. 

"No more excuses, now get back to work!" he ordered and I nodded sighing. 

How can my son treat me like this? Then, I just fell onto the bed, my back sinking into the soft memory foam mattress. 

"What do you think I should do, Ace?" I asked him in English. 

"It's your girl, not mine. What do I know?" Ace answered with sass and I pursed my lips. 

"Have you been hanging around Chen and Xiumin lately?" I asked.

"It's none of your business, don't you have a confession you need to think of?" Ace snapped. 

I rolled my eyes and mentally noted that I should keep my child away from the evil guys. But seriously. How am I supposed to confess? Sneak around and draw her? I mean, I'm a modern day Picasso, but still. Maybe she just doesn't understand my art though and thinks it's hideous and totally rejects me? Oh, maybe I should sing an English song for her?

Nah, she's totally an idiot in English, I heard her try to talk to me, and it all sounds like Kai attempting to speak Chinese. Then I should just confess normally? If I did that, that would be contradicting what I'm doing right now and that is planning for an amazing confession, not just a lame one. Gosh, how do people do these things?! 

Sighing, I just shook my head, and bit my lip. Sheesh, this was too much work. After about two hours of thinking, I just decided to just follow my plan before and confess under the light of the stars because that's romantic. I checked the window and saw a twinkle, dotting the skies. Smiling, I noted that it was only a few more minutes before I would confess.

 

Yuri's POV

 

I was slightly unsettled the whole day. Kris was acting weird, but he wasn't sick, just weird. I sighed and paced around the hallways. What was wrong with him? Walking around, I noticed the dazzling night sky. The stars peppered the sky and I smiled softly at the sight.

"Ah, hey Yuri!" a familiar voice called out to me.

I jumped, startled, before seeing Hajoon standing behind me, waving brightly.

"Did I scare you?" he asked, inquisitively, a smile on his face.

I just laughed softly and replied, "Only a little bit. What are you doing here?" 

"I wanted to talk to you," he smiled pleasantly.

"At this hour?" I asked, making a face.

"Is it a problem?" Hajoon oppa asked, feigning hurt.

"Ah, no, it's not, but I mean, it's pretty late," I answered. "I don't mean to bother you."

"Don't worry," he said reassuringly, flashing a grin. "You're not bothering at all."

"So what'd you want to talk about...?" I asked, smiling back. Hajoon looked around, checking his surroundings.

"Can we talk outside? It's a beautiful night," he suggested, and I nodded. He walked out the front doors with me following suit. 

"So what were you going to say?" I asked warmly, and Hajoon flashed a small frown.

Before I could say anything about it, he mumbled a quick 'sorry,' and I felt my knees buckle, my eyes flashing and my head throbbing because some hard object hit my head. The last thing I remembered before blacking out, was me being shoved inside the trunk of a car.

 

Kris's POV

 

It was dark enough, and the stars were brightly lit. I nodded, as I took this as my chance to go get Yuri. Clearing my throat, I strode out of my room. Happiness seemed to chase me, much like Chanyeol, and I found myself grinning.

"Have you seen Yuri?" I asked a passerby butler, and he just shook his head.

I just frowned slightly, but nodded in thanks. Then, I noticed Subin, Yuri's personal assistant, and I waved over to her, getting her attention.

"Have you seen Yuri?" I asked her.

Subin shot me a worried glance.

"No, I haven't seen her since earlier today," she shook her head. "Do you think she's okay? She's usually found easily, but I haven't seen a trace of her." 

I furrowed my brow, but shook off a small anxious feeling.

"She's probably working on a document in a different room. The palace is big afterall," I said, mostly trying to reassure myself. Subin nodded, but she didn't look entirely convinced.

"Well, if you see her, please bring her to me." I remarked, and she nodded and strode away. I stared after her and walked away, feeling slightly uneasy in my stomach. I turned a corner and noticed Baekhyun.

"Hey! Baek!" I shouted out to him, catching his attention. Baekhyun looked at me, confused.

"What is it, Kris?"

"Have you seen Yuri?"

Baekhyun looked at me, puzzled.

"No. She left me a little bit earlier, saying that she got hungry?" Baekhyun answered.

"She didn't come back into the bedroom, so I assume she's working on an important document." I replied.

Baekhyun furrowed his brow.

"What are you talking about?" he mumbled. "Earlier today, she was cheering on about how she finished all of her papers and that she'd probably not have to do another document until next week."

"What?" I almost fell to the ground.

"Yeah, that's why she was playing with us today," Baekhyun added.

"That's weird. Where can she be then?" I asked, worried.

Baekhyun must've caught onto my tone, and reassuringly pat my shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry. She's probably talking a walk. Yuri's gonna come back later," he smiled softly.

I sighed and nodded.

"I hope. Thanks for the help," I said.

"Anytime bro. If something happens, just come to the boys. We'll always help you," Baekhyun grinned widely, making me smile back weakly, and he walked away. Then, I limply trudged back to the room, my smile disappearing. Once I got inside, I shut the door and treaded softly to the balcony. Propping my elbows on the steady concrete railing, I glanced up at the sky. It was still clear and bright, but at this rate, I wondered if I could even see her, much less confess to her.  

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

gushdkjgnds sorry for the super short chapter! it's sort of like a beginning chapter to the next one? lolidk but i'm planning on making the next chapter sort of long so please be patient! thank you for reading and have a nice day!