04

My Royal Romance

Yuri's POV

 

I groaned as I went through my studies the next morning. The teacher went on and on about manners and such, and trust me, if I could, I would die of boredom right now. 

Kris came for me that afternoon. 

"Ah, I'd like to take Yuri, if you don't mind." he said, standing next to the door. 

"No, of course not, your Highness. She has finished her studies for the day." The teacher said sharply, promptly closing the textbooks. Kris waited for me to walk towards him and held out his arm for me. I gratefully took it with a small smile. 

"Goodbye, teacher," I smiled to her. 

"Goodbye. We will continue the lessons tomorrow," she said, thinly smiling back. Kris gave a little bow to the teacher, and walked off with me behind him. 

"Thank goodness Kris, I thought I was gonna die in there. It was so boring." I said, rolling my eyes. He chuckled a bit. 

"It's only a few more days. Darn, I wanted you to suffer in hell." He smirked. 

I pouted.

"Why can't you suffer in hell with me?" I retorted. 

"Because I'm too handsome to be in hell. You're just a donkey." he laughed. 

"What are you talking about? Please, you're as ugly as monkey , Sloth." I teased back. 

He rolled his eyes. 

"You must be talking about yourself," He said under his breath, but just loud enough for me to hear. 

"Hey," I said indignantly. "You're a pabo. I was talking about you."

"No, you're the pabo." 

"Says you," I replied.

"Touche."

Kris walked with me around the huge palace, and I gazed at the scenery outside the windows as we talked. "Just to make this oh so very clear, I'm only dragging you around me because the public thinks we like each other. It's nothing special." Kris said in a low voice, still keeping a fake smile plastered onto his face. 

"I couldn't be happier," I replied sarcastically. 

"Good for you then, you're gonna be getting a lot of this then." Kris smirked. 

"Oh, just wonderful," I answered, rolling my eyes.

"Hm," Kris replied. "Oh, and the hand holding, the hugging, how I wait for that day."

"I agree," I rolled my eyes. Kris smirked.

"Since we're already married, and the paparazzi are everywhere, why don't we start now?" he asked. I scoffed. 

"Okay," I replied. "Whatever you say, your Highness." 

Then, Kris slipped his fingers through mine, and smiled in a rather fake way. I forced a smile back, and said, "This is going pretty well." 

"Sure," he replied teasingly.

"Hey-" We heard a voice, and I turned my head to face Baekhyun. He looked at our linked hands, and suddenly broke out in a huge grin, his eyes turning into little slits. 

"D'awww. That happy couple holding hands," he cooed. "How sweet!" 

"Shut up, pabo," Kris replied curtly. 

"Why ever so?" Baekhyun said, as if he was testing Kris' patience. Kris narrowed his eyes and Baekhyun just gave a smile. 

"You know this is only an arranged marriage. We have no feelings for each other, and you know that." Kris replied, evenly, his eyes blazing with irritation. Baekhyun nodded. 

"You told the group that. We're aware." He said.

"Then why do you insist on making it sound like we like each other?" Kris snarled.

"Kris..." I said quietly. "Watch yourself. We're in public..." 

"Yuri-ah's right, Kris. Calm down. I'm only teasing." Baekhyun stuck his tongue out. 

"Stop teasing Kris. You're equally as bad," I scolded, shooting him a glare. Baekhyun shrunk back, and just walked away, grumbling. 

"Thanks." Kris said curtly. I looked up to stare into his dark, chocolate brown eyes, but quickly turned my head to look down.

"No problem," I quietly muttered, just loud enough for the both of us to hear. It was silent between us, until Kris twined our fingers together. 

"Let's go," he said. I nodded and followed him. 

We didn't speak, and I kept my eyes focused on his legs. They were long and immeasurable; they soared for miles, and I felt short everytime I saw them. My eyes trailed up to his back, which was muscular, and looked strong. 

I looked down and noticed his hands still linked with mine. They were firm, callused, but still soft. His slim fingers curled in the spaces in between my fingers, and held them gently. Why was I so concerned about his appearance? He meant nothing to me. Yet... How come I keep on noticing him like this?

 

-------------------

 

Short chapter for my subbies. ^^; Sorry about that~ 

But thank you for being with me for this long~ c: 

It means a lot. 

Please don't forget to vote, comment, subscribe, and recommend it to others~

I'd be a very happy author nim. c: 

 

Well, please wait for the next chapter~ ^^