08

My Royal Romance

Yuri's POV

 

I sighed as I looked at Kris. He smiled to some important people, while I sat sulkingly in the garden. When they looked at me, I flashed them a smile, but honestly, these past few days have been like a roller coaster for me. First, my birthday happened and then, I realized I liked Kris and it was just an awful whirlwind afterwards. 

The morning after my birthday, I had opened up the rest of the presents, and in one pile, was Eonjeong's present. I rolled my eyes and opened it, after groaning loudly. Inside, was a dirty lip stick next to a new lip stick, and when I read the card, I was instantly furious. 

 

Hello Yuri! Did you step on glass on your birthday? (A/N: Yuri = glass in Korean) By the way, you must be wondering about the present hm? Well, you see, you're the dirty lip stick and I'm the pretty one! Haha, anyways, enjoy your time at the palace before I take your place as Crown Princess! 

From, Rin Eonjeong aka Kris' real wife. 

 

I tried to not show my fury and instead, shoved that present on top of a shelf because Kris was coming soon, and I knew he wouldn't suspect anything if I just put it there. I sighed, and continued unwrapping gifts. 

The next morning, Kris had an important meeting with some other royals, so I just walked around the garden, seeing if the plants were tended to. I scanned the field, and saw endless mileage of flowers; buttercups, daffodils, lilies, anything safe that you could name. Squatting down next to the lilacs, I started to pick them, out of boredom. 

"Yuri, what are you doing?" 

I turned, and met Baekhyun towering over me. 

Smiling, I replied, "Oh, nah, nothing much, just making a bouquet I guess." 

"Mind if I join you?" 

I shook my head, and he sat next to me, brushing his hand through the flowers, before deciding on the ones he wanted

"How does it feel to be nineteen now?" Baekhyun asked, laughing. 

I shrugged. 

"Not that different. I don't feel any older," I grinned. "By the way, when's your birthday, Baek?" 

"May 6th," he replied. "You don't have to celebrate my birthday though." 

"I want to, though!" 

"Ah, no way, that'll make me feel old," he said with aegyo. 

"Baek, you're not even old," I laughed. 

"Hm," Baekhyun replied, picking a daffodil that sprouted from the ground. "What are you gonna do with your bouquet?" 

"Maybe I'll put it in a vase at the palace? I don't know," I shrugged. "You?" 

"Hn, I don't know either... Maybe I'll give it to you? And we could combine them, and put it all together in a vase?" he suggested. 

I thought about it. 

"Okay," I smiled. 

Baekhyun smiled back to me, and we sat in silence, concentrating on picking the flowers. After a while, we finished, and I gave him my bouquet so that he could put them together. He made it seem presentable, and I took it acceptingly, smiling.

 

Kris' Pov

 

I saw them. I saw Yuri and Baekhyun together in the garden. After my oh-so-important meeting with those royals, I went to find Yuri in the garden, knowing that she'd be there since she was always talking about how cute it was. I spotted her in the field with Baekhyun, and I stared at the two for a little bit. 

They laughed and talked, but I was too far away to hear. Sick of it, I just walked away, and walked inside the palace, trying to keep my anger in control. I roamed the hallways, until I spotted Eonjeong. 

"Hey." I said curtly.

She raised an eyebrow. 

"Hello. Anything wrong?" she asked. 

"Nope." I replied. 

"You sure?" 

"Yeah." 

We just talked casually, but I didn't really have much to say to her. 

 

Yuri's Pov

 

I walked inside the palace with Baekhyun, carrying the bouquet. Once I saw a butler, I asked them if they knew where a vase was, and they nodded, running off to get it. 

"Oh, I see you're wearing the bracelet today?" Baekhyun smiled, noticing my wrist. 

I nodded with a sheepish smile. 

"I really like it. It's very pretty."

"Then I'm glad I chose that." He grinned widely.

Before I could respond, the butler came back with a vase, which Baekhyun took carefully. 

"Thank you," I replied, and he nodded before walking away. 

I stuck the flowers in gracefully, and Baekhyun said, "Shall we get the water now?" 

I looked up at him and nodded. He walked to the kitchen, taking the vase I carried. I tried to object, but he firmly gripped it, refusing to even let me touch it. I just pouted, and he laughed. 

"You've been to the palace for quite some time now, huh?" Baekhyun asked, after he finally composed himself. 

I nodded. 

"About two months or so," I replied. "It's not really that much." 

"Well, it's been really good having you here, you know." Baekhyun smiled. 

I grinned. 

"Thanks."

"Mm, no problem." 

"Ah, here's the sink." I pointed to it and Baekhyun nodded, and started to fill up the vase carefully. I watched nervously, hoping that he wouldn't drop it and injure himself. The water filled a bit more than half the vase and Baek turned the knob, making the water stop flowing out.

"Now all we have to do is put the vase back." I sighed in relief.

Baekhyun grinned and nodded.

"Yeah," he replied.

Soon, we made our way back to the table, trying to not make the water teeter that much, and set the vase on the flat surface carefully.

"That was nerve wrecking huh?" I smiled cheerily.

"Oh God, I thought I would've died," Baekhyun replied playfully.

I nodded, and rearranged the flowers to make it look nicer. I was about to say something before I heard someone call my name.

"Yuri?"

I turned, and saw Kris. I was okay with seeing him, but then I noticed Eonjeong was right next to him, and she stared at me with a smug look on her face.

"Hello," I greeted quietly.

"Hi. What were you doing with Baekhyun?" Kris asked.

"Erm, just making a bouquet. What were you doing with Eonjeong?" I smiled, trying not to show my annoyance.

"Just talking. Nothing much," Kris answered, then eyed the flowers. "Those are from the garden?"

"Yeah," I responded, turning back to them, so that I could avoid his gaze.

"Hm. They look nice." Kris said.

"Thanks."

"Mhm. No problem," he replied back.

"I should go... You're probably busy with Eonjeong." I suggested, and bowed deeply, before quickly walking away, biting my lip nervously.

 

Kris' Pov

 

After talking a bit to Eonjeong, I had decided to walk around the palace. She followed me around like a baby duckling, and I didn't mind it that much. Then, I spotted Yuri and Baekhyun smiling to each other at the end of the hallway, and I felt sort of jealous. I didn't know why, but I did. Maybe it's because Baekhyun's close with my wife and I'm not? Oh well, whatever. I eyed the vase, and the bouquet that sat in it.

"What were you doing with Baekhyun?" I asked, trying my best not to sound too clingy.

"Erm, just making a bouquet. What were you doing with Eonjeong?" Yuri asked, her eyes clear and shiny.

"Just talking. Nothing much," I replied vaguely. "Are those from the garden?" 

"Yeah," she said, rather quietly. 

She turned to face the bouquet, and I blinked. 

"They look nice." I said, trying not to make everything awkward.

"Thanks." Yuri replied, smiling. 

"Mhm. No problem," I answered, trying to sound nonchalant. 

"I should go... You're busy with Eonjeong." Yuri said timidly, and before I could say something, she bowed, and walked away. Baekhyun shot me a worried glance, and followed her. I felt my throat get dry. 

"Well, what do you want to do now?" Eonjeong asked, looking up at me with a wide smile. 

"Um, I don't know. Hey, I think I have to go... I have an appointment soon and I don't wanna be late." 

She looked a bit disappointed, but she nodded, and said, "Alright, have fun." 

I quickly walked away without saying anything else. My mind was a blur and I didn't really know where I was going. I just knew that I needed to go somewhere. Where's this jealousy coming from? I quickly strided to the room, frowning, and once I got there, I noticed that no one was there, not even Yuri. It may have been a rash decision out of confusion, but I just got under the blanket sheets, and shut my eyes. Then, before I knew it, I was taken away by night, with the jealousy still burning into my chest.

 

Yuri's Pov

 

Baekhyun walked me around the palace, and then I suddenly requested that I should walk back to my room.He insisted on walking me there, and I rolled my eyes, accepting his offer. We soon got there, and Baekhyun stopped in front of the door. 

"Thanks for taking me here." I grinned. 

"An, yeah, it's no problem. I just wanted to make sure you were safe," he smiled back. 

"I should go now." I said, and he nodded. 

"Okay. I'll see you soon. Bye!" Baekhyun waved, and I waved back. 

He walked away, and when he disappeared around the corner, I walked inside, and literally jumped a foot when I saw Kris sleeping there, buried under fluffy blankets. He looked like a dead body at first glance. 

"Oh my God, Kris." I shook my head, sighing. 

Then I stared at him for a moment. 

"Hey... Why do you always have to be around Eonjeong? Don't you understand how I feel? Even if you don't, I'm still your wife..." I whispered, barely loud enough for anyone to hear. 

I sighed again, and went to the bathroom, wiping off my makeup. When I was done, I leaned on the door frame, and stared at his sleeping face. His chest rose and fell comfortably, and he looked content. I chuckled, and climbed into bed too. 

"Good night," I smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. 

Then, I turned off the lights and went to bed. 

 

------------------------------------

 

Aiya, short chapter this time. >o<

I'm sorry;;

Ah, I'll try to update soon!

 

Please vote, subscribe, comment, or recommend it to others! ^^

It'll make me a very happy author (: