17

My Royal Romance

(Five years later)

 

I woke up to the loud sounds of someone stomping closer to my bedroom. 

"Mooom!" My four year old son called, as he dashed into the room. 

I groaned in response, keeping my eyes shut. He climbed onto the bed, and I punched Kris's arm playfully to wake him up. 

"He called for you...," Kris mumbled, as he turned the other way, his back facing me. I shot a glare at him, but laid on my back, and pulled my tiny son into my arms, pressing him on top of me.

"Good morning Ace," I cooed to the boy, who resembled Kris. 

Don't ask me about the name, though. Kris was the one who named him and I've had no say in it whatsoever and seriously, when Kris is talking about Ace, I honestly have no idea which Ace he's talking about; our son orour other son? 

"Good morning mommy," he flashed a bright grin at me, revealing a set of white baby teeth. I giggled softly at the sight, and felt someone slapping my side of the bed. Carefully, I turned my head, and beamed at the sighed of my two year old daughter. 

"Go to daddy," I grinned, and Minji nodded cheerily, quickly dashing to her appa's side of the bed. I silently chuckled to the sight of the small girl waddling to him, and Kris groaned. 

"Why can't you just let me sleep?" He complained, slowly opening his eyes to glare at me. 

"If I can't sleep, you can't sleep," I teased, keeping my gaze at Ace, and he pouted. 

"Daddy, daddy!" Minji called for him, and he gave a tired eyesmile, before reaching over the side of the bed to pick her up. Unlike Ace, Minji was practically a mini me. She had a heart shaped face, almond eyes, and she even tried copying my hairstyle.

Minji flashed him a sweet smile, and Kris laughed. 

"It's so weird that she looks just like you," he marvelled at our resemblance and I rolled my eyes.

"What about Ace? He's practically you, just you know, smaller, and cuter," I teased. 

"Hey," Kris shot a look at me, but went back to cooing at Minji.

"She's just like a tiny rabbit," he grinned.

"Mommy, what am I, what am I?" Ace asked excitedly. 

"E-eh?" I stuttered, then scanned his face. "You look like... an alpaca?" 

Sorry Ace, I can't help but think about the both of you guys. 

"What?" Ace looked at me confused. "What's that?" 

I laughed at the tiny boy's innocence, and kissed his cheeks cheerily. 

"You'll know when you're older," I promised, and Ace just shot me a gummy smile. 

"Okay mommy!" he laughed happily. 

Ace escaped out of my grip, and crawled over to where Kris was. Kris shot me a smug look as the kids were surrounding him, and not me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Hi daddy!" Ace grinned widely, falling on his stomach. 

Kris grunted as Ace fell on him, but managed to reply, "Morning."

I yawned as I sat up.

"I'm getting out of bed," I announced tiredly, about to slip out of bed, before Kris called me. I turned to him, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Won't you take Minji?" he said, more of as a command than a statement, and ed her gently towards me. I sighed, and nodded, taking her with a soft smile.

"Mommy," she managed to say, as she giggled. I softly smiled back at the sight of her adorableness, and kissed her forehead.

"Good morning," I answered and Minji just gurgled in response. Heaving myself off of the bed, I just put on my slippers, and trudged to the bathroom.

"Sit here, and sit still," I ordered to the tiny two year old, as I put her on the counter.

"Okay!" she replied, but I hesitated, wondering if she understood me or not.

"Sit still," I warned again, and pushed out my pinky.

"Minji knows," she spoke, and  linked our pinkies together. I smiled, and started to brush my teeth with Minji following suit.

"Hey," Kris mumbled, as he walked in with Ace in his arms, two minutes later. I hummed in response, and he just put Ace on the counter as well.  We all brushed our teeth in silence, but Minji and I finished first, taking our leave earlier. 

"Let's get changed, yeah?" I suggested to Minji, after brushing our hair. She nodded, and I picked her up from the counter, and made my way to the closet.

"Kris, don't look!" I warned, as I stood by the door. 

"Why would I want to?" he teased, and I just rolled my eyes, walking inside the closet, and closing the door, turning on the lights.

"What do you think mommy wants to wear?" I cooed, pointing to the clothes.

Minji was deep in thought, before she pointed to the wall. I just laughed gently, and set her down for a minute.

"Mommy's going to change," I told her, and she nodded. After a second, I just decided to put on a polkadotted dress and bunny tights.

"Pretty mommy!" Minji giggled, as I picked her up.

"Really? Then let's make Minji pretty too, yeah?" I grinned.

"Yeah mommy," she nodded, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. I hurried out, and brought her into her room, putting her down.

"Let's go look inside the closet," I said in a singsongy voice, and opened the door, revealing tiny dresses and shirts and pants. "Does Minji feel like putting on a dress like mommy, or does Minji want to wear pants?"

"Minji wants to be like mommy!" 

I laughed at the little girl's innocence, and nodded. Since it was warm, I just decided to pick out a short sleeved pink dress that she loved so much and she shrieked in happiness, and hugged my leg when she saw it. 

"Pretty!" Minji cheered in that tiny, but lovely voice of hers. 

I just giggled at how cute she was, and smiled. 

"Anything for you," I carefully bent down and changed her. 

"Wuah," Minji twirled around the room after she had gotten properly changed. "Pretty!" 

"You are very pretty," I laughed, heaving myself up, and slightly bending down to pick Minji up. "Prettier than mommy."

Then, we got into a small, lighthearted argument on how the other was prettier, as I walked out with her in my arms. 

"W-wuah, Ace, don't move your arms so much."

I quietly chuckled at how much frustration a little someone was having with Ace, and then I made my way into Ace's blue room that was clearly for a boy. Trains were painted onto the wall, and his dinosaurs and action figures that were usually scattered haphazardly around the room, were stuffed in his toy box, even though a T. Rex managed to somehow crawl out. I sighed as I picked it up and placed it on a nearby table, looking at Kris in amusement. He was tugging a shirt arm through Ace's arm, but he seemed to have a little bit of trouble. Kris sent a stare at me, pleading for help, and I just laughed at him, making him glare at me instead. 

"Okay, okay," I whined, and handed him Minji, before kneeling down in front of him. 

"Hi mommy!" Ace sent me a gummy smile, and hugged me.

"Hey, you need to put your shirt on," I warned, gently pushing him away. 

"Mommy..." Ace pouted cutely, but I shot him a look. "Okay then."

I gave Kris a smug look, who only rolled his eyes and sent me back a resentful glare. I smiled back and turned to look at Ace, and held onto one of his shirt sleeves.

"I'm gonna put your left arm in okay?"

Ace nodded in approval, and I carefully grabbed his arm and pushed it in through the hole. I repeated the same steps again with the other arm. 

"It's hot today. Are you sure you want to wear a shirt with the sleeves going to your elbows?" I frowned slightly, but Ace nodded. 

"I wanna dress up like daddy!" He cheerfully said, causing Kris to stutter in response. 

"Okay, but if it gets too hot, you have to tell mommy." I warned, but Ace just nodded, and scurried off to go play with his uncles. I straightened myself up, and Kris came over to me. 

"Hey, how can you let Ace play with them all the time?" Kris whined. "I mean, Sehun just acts practically like a baby, Chen might teach him bad things, and what if Baekhyun teaches him how to put on eyeliner?!"

I just laughed at his worries, taking Minji from him. 

"Why don't you start walking now? Mommy and Daddy are pampering you so much," I cooed to the small girl. "Why don't you show the uncles your pretty dress?" 

Minji just squealed, and I set her down with a small smile, watching her waddle off, following her brother, who took her hand and walked with her.

"Hey, how can you ignore me? And you're sending Minji too?!" Kris asked in worry. "What if Suho gives her too much candy?" 

I shot a stare at him. 

"He only gave her candy one time, and she didn't die from it." I sighed at his overreacting words. 

"But still," he whimpered worriedly.

"Hey, if Suho took care of the 11 of you guys, I'm pretty sure he can take care of the kids." I rolled my eyes. 

"B--but... what if--" Kris went on before I interrupted him again. 

"Don't you trust them?" 

"Of course I do! I trust them too much!" Kris answered, causing me to just stare there in confusion. 

"Then what's so bad about letting our kids see them?" I stared at him, puzzled. 

"The problem with trusting them is that I know what they do. I know the horrors." Kris said gravely, as if it was a bad thing that Baekhyun was considered the eyeliner king, Suho was a mommy, and all that stuff.

"What's so bad about them?" 

"You know. Chanyeol derps so badly, Baekhyun does his makeup as good as you-" 

"He doesn't even put on eyeliner as much anymore." I pointed out, and Kris shot a glare at me for interrupting. I muttered a "sorry," before he continued. 

"Luhan and Sehun act like... babies even though they're basically adults, Xiumin is dubbed the 'baozi,' Chen is a troll, Lay is a 'JPG healing unicorn,' Kai--"

"Okay, I get it. They have nicknames and act weird," I put out. "Jeez, I don't know why you act so weird when the kids want to play with them." 

"It's because they don't wanna play with their dad!" Kris frowned and I laughed at him. 

"Of course they do. They love you." I said. 

"The love you more," Kris pouted, and I chuckled at his sheer adorableness. He pulled me into a hug, and rested his forehead against mine. 

"Don't laugh!"

"Sorry," I smiled in reply. "But Kris, you have no idea how much they talk about you. Ace is crazy about you! He loves you so much!" 

"Really?" His eyes lit up and I grinned in response. 

"You saw what happened with the shirt. He wants to dress like you." I reminded him, making him smile widely. 

"I guess..." he mumbled shyly. 

"So they love you," I reassured him, and he nodded slightly, our heads bumping as he did so. 

"I love you," he put out.

"I--I love you too," I suttered, caught surprised by his statement. He laughed at my stutter, and kissed my lips. 

"You know, you say that Ace is obsessed with me, but you should eavesdrop when it's just Minji and me." He said, laughing, as he pulled away. 

"Same goes for you when it's just Ace and me," I replied cheekily and he just rolled his eyes. 

"Okay, I get it. Our kids love us." 

"They love the guys, but they love us the most," I reminded him, smiling. 

"I know that," he replied, kissing my lips again. "We should join them, yeah?" 

"Yeah," I beamed at his suggestion, and he led me out of the blue room carefully. 

"You know, I said it already, but I love you." Kris reminded. 

"I love you too," I responded with a gentle smile and he just chuckled shyly. 

"I'm so glad that I got to you before it was too late. I mean, that day five years ago, of course." He said, bashfully and I rolled my eyes. 

"I should say the same. You looked terrible back then." I teased. 

"Hey. I fought for you." He said, pursing his lips. 

"I know," I laughed, and gingerly stepped on my toes, kissing his lips and his eyes widened in surprise, but before he could kiss back, I pulled away. Kris pouted at the sudden loss, but didn't say anything. 

"I love you," I sent him a smile that reached my eyes, which turned into tiny cresents, "yeobo." 

The simple words sent him in a jittery panic inside, but he just let a small smile play out on his cool exterior. 

"I know. I love you too, yeobo," he answered coolly and I just rolled my eyes, and grabbed his hand. 

"Shall we?" 

"We shall," Kris nodded, and we slowly walked off, savoring our couple time. 

It might not have been great five years ago, but now I can definitely say that it's beyond perfect. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! So this is officially the end of this series ahh good times good times. I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did and I hope you guys will continue to support me in my future fanfics! I love you all, muah ♥ see you next time!