13

My Royal Romance

Kris's Pov

 

I sighed as I sat on my bed, gently patting my chest. After the movies, it hadn't hurt like it did, but it was really unusual for me to feel such a sharp burning inside me. I had always taken care of myself well; my health was usually flawless, so you can imagine how I felt when I felt that weird sensation.

Frowning, I just shook my head. If it was only just a slight occuring moment, then I guess it's nothing bad... Right? That paranoid part of me was saying something else, like it was important if I got myself checked out or something. But then again, did I really need to go? It only happened once. But I am the Crown Prince of Korea though! I cannot let my health fail. Shaking my head again, I just sighed again. Maybe it was more of an emotional problem, like per say jealousy? Pfff. 

I scoffed to myself. What would make me jealous? I just laughed while shaking my head. That was totally impossible and when I say impossible, I mean impossible.

Getting up, I just walked around the palace, and shortly, I noticed Chen sitting outside on the porch. I hesitated before indecisively nodding and sighing and going outside to hang out with him. 

"Oh, Chen, you're here. Hey, I need to talk to you. It's important." I sat down on the porch, right next to Chen, who was eating a bun and watching a video. 

"What's up?" he asked, not facing me, and continuing to eat his bun and watching whatever he was watching. 

"So, you know how I went to the movies with Yuri?" 

"Yeah."

"Well, during that time, there was this weird sensation in my chest, like, it was burning. Do you think something's wrong?" I asked, rubbing my chest gently. 

Chen almost choked on his bun as he started laughing and paused his video to put down his phone and slap his knee as he kept on laughing. 

"What? Am I really sick or what?" I asked, starting to get worried. 

"No, no, so what happened while your chest hurt?" He asked, his eyes gleaming. 

"Um... Yuri was talking to her scrawny, stupid little childhood friend, Lee Hajoon," I mockingly said in a falsetto voice. Chen was rolling around the porch laughing his face off, and I was just sitting there, wondering what he was laughing about. Once he recovered, he wiped a tear from his face. 

"Kris, you are totally, completely dense." He grinned. 

"What do you mean by that?" I frowned. 

"Because you like Yuri!" Chen exclaimed as if this was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"B-b-bwoh?! What are you talking about, Chen!? That's ridiculous, I do not like her," I refused, giving him a stink look. "What made you even think that?!"

He laughed. 

"Dude, it's completely obvious! You get jealous when there are other guys around her, you blush-" 

"I blush?" 

"Not the point, but anyways, you like her!" Chen punched my arm playfully. 

"You're lying," I accused. 

"Why would I lie about this? I ship you guys!" Chen pouted. 

"Wait, we're a ship?" Kris looked at Chen with furrowed brows. 

"Yeah man, the guys and I totally ship Yuris." Chen said, and took another big bite out of his bun and I was awestrucken. 

"How can I even like her and not know it?" I mumbled. 

"So you do like her?" Chen smirked. 

"I never said that!" I snapped. "And you guys have a ship name for us?" I looked at Chen increduously.

He looked up from his bun to look at me back. 

"What? Well, Chanyeol made it up, so," he just shrugged. 

"Chanyeol?" I asked.

"Yeah," Chen answered. "He even made the ship name for Luhan and Sehun and even himself with Baek."

"I'm so getting him the next time I see him," I scowled. Chen laughed to himself, not seeming to hear what I said. 

"That idiot made himself a ship name," he laughed. "I can't even... That boy is hilarious."

I shot a glare at him. 

"Yeah, he even made a ship name for Yuri and I," I mumbled sullenly.

"You don't like it? I thought it was cute." Chen answered and I gave him a look. 

"Imagine if he gave you a ship name with a girl. It sounds weird!" I said.

"Okay, whatever you say, jealous pants. I'm gonna go, and let you sit out here and think. I think it's best for you," Chen grunted and patted my back, as he stood up, leaving me on the porch. 

I scoffed. How could I ever like her like that...? I mean, we're just friends, psh. Yeah and Chen was deemed the 'troll of the palace' too... I shouldn't believe him; he's probably lying to me. After a while of just staring into space, I just gave up, sighing, and stood up. There was no use in staying out here, if I wasn't even going to think.

Once I walked in, I noticed Lay walking down the hallway. Maybe he had some insights on my problem? I mean, Lay was always the level headed one. He'd tell me what's wrong and he'd be right. Everyone trusts him anyways. Even though he's forgetful, Lay is our number one healing unicorn.  He's not called the 'troll of the palace' like a certain person is.

"Lay," I called out to him, and he turned around and spotted me.

"Hey Kris!" he grinned cheerily, letting me catch up to me. "What's up?" 

"Lay, I have a problem," I mumbled seriousy and he looked at me, concerned. 

"What is it? Are you okay?" he asked worriedly. 

"Um, I'm not sure," I rubbed my arm. "I asked Chen about it earlier, but he was being an idiot about it, so..."

Lay laughed softly. 

"Well, what's your problem?" 

I glanced around the hallway to make sure it was empty. I didn't want to embarrass myself any further. 

"So...," I started slowly. 

"Yes?" Lay nodded encouragingly. "Go on."

"So um, you know how I went to the movies with Yuri the other day right?" I asked. 

Lay raised a brow, but nodded again. 

"Yeah. Chanyeol told me all about it," he teased, making me roll my eyes. 

"Yah, I thought you were going to listen to my problems!" I complained playfully, making Lay laugh. 

"Okay, okay, what did you want to talk about?" he asked.

"Well, after we finished watching the movie, Yuri saw one of her childhood friends, this scrawny kid named Hajoon or whatever, and they hugged, but then I felt this weird burning sensation in my chest. I mean, I'm always healthy, so I just thought it was some crazy cold or something, but it kept aching and wouldn't stop," I frowned. "But it hasn't happened since, so I'm guessing was a random occurrence."

Lay looked at me inquisitively. 

"And ... what did Chen say to this?"

"He said that I like Yuri," I scoffed. "I mean, where'd he get that idea? Crazy huh?"

Lay laughed.

"Are you completely positive you don't like Yuri?" he asked gently.

"Ah, I only like her as a friend, I guess," I answered with a small shrug. "So am I sick or what?"

"Well, judging from what you said earlier, you're love sick." Lay grinned. My mouth practically fell at his statement.

"Lay, you think I like her too?" I gaped and he just shrugged.

"I don't think it as much as the others do, but it seems like you like her a lot," he answered.

"Everyone says that I like her..." I frowned. "Wait, everyone thinks that I like her?!"

"Everyone but Yuri herself," Lay laughed softly.

I gave him a defeated look.

"Wait, so you ship Yuris too?!" I asked, surprised. 

"Ah, sure I guess." Lay said, slightly embarrassed. I just stared at him, making him uncomfortable, as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"Okay, I'll just leave you be. It's getting pretty late anyways," Lay commented, before turning and walking away. Sighing, I watched him go before I trudged to my room. It was empty, so I assumed Yuri was doing something important in another room. Sighing loudly again, I flopped onto the bed, with confusion on my face. I grabbed Ace, who was sitting on the nightstand obidiently, and my back, holding him up in the air. 

"Ace, daddy is going through hard times. You'll listen to daddy right?" 

I blinked at Ace, imagining as if he was nodding at me.

"Good boy." I mumbled, patting his head and then, I rolled to my side, tucking him into my arms.

"Daddy's friends are saying that daddy has a crush on this girl, but daddy knows he doesn't have a crush on this girl," I mumbled. "Ahh, what do I do?"

Ace didn't reply, and I sighed. 

"You don't know either? Or do you think I like her?" I asked him quietly.

"Daddy, I think you like her." Ace answered in my head.

Blinking, I rubbed my eyes. Even my son thinks I like her. Maybe I do like her? Hey, no way, that's impossible, right?! Sighing, I just took one more look at Ace.

"Ugh, I should just sleep," I mumbled, and tiredly got under the covers, shutting myself from the outside world.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hiiii! look at ace omfg cutie (btw ace didn't talk it's just his imagination lmfao). ahh i wanna buy ace but i'm so poor /sobs/ sorry for the short update btw lol have a nice day though!