Break Up

Friend Zone

~Yoonmi's POV~

The next morning, I awoke in my bed. Huh? I thought I was watching movies with Suho... Suho! I quickly dashed down the stairs, almost falling when I missed the last step. "Suho? Hello?" I looked at the couch and saw that the blanket we had shared was neatly folded on one side of the couch seat. On top of the blanket was a note, scribbled with words.

"Yoonmi, I left early this morning as to not wake you. Don't worry, I locked the door before I left. See you at school! ^^"

I lifted the note to my chest and hugged it. That's just like Suho... I giggled and went up the stairs to prepare for school.

 

 

~AT SCHOOL~

"Suho!" I called out to him when I saw him putting away some books in his locker.

"H-Hey." his voiced cracked and was nervous. He avoided my stare and his eyes dropped to the floor. I could've sworn I saw his cheeks turn pink.

"You left without me! How could you?!" I exaggerated and flailed my arms around. He chuckled at my silliness and patted my head.

"Mianhe, something just popped up last minute..." his voiced trailed off and his face was flushed. He was remembering last night's incident and couldn't calm down.

"Are you okay? You look like you have a fever..." I leaned towards Suho and stood on my tippy-toes. I gently pressed my forehead against his. "No fever... But your face is really red."

Suho's red face had turned an even darker shade of red. The sudden contact was too overwhelming for him. Especially after what has happened last night.

"I-I'm fine!!!" his voice cracked again and made a dash down the hall. I'm such a coward! He thought as he ran.

"Aish! What's with him?" I asked myself as Suho's figure was no longer in my field of vision. I put my hand on my hip and sighed as I walked to first period alone.

 

 

 

~Sehun's POV~

I covered my yawn and stretched as the bell rang. Minah was clinging on to my arm again like a leech. She was a pretty girl but super annoying.

"Oppa," she scooted even closer, "will you eat lunch with me again?" she batted her long eyelashes and pouted her lips.

"Of course, after all, you're my girlfriend." Girlfriend. The word slipped past my lips bitterly. It didn't feel right saying it. I wonder if Yoonmi is Suho's girlfriend,,, I bet Yoonmi wouldn't be as clingy and annoying. Yoonmi would be sweet and caring as a girlfriend... Unlike Minah and her selfish ways... I don't want to be with Minah. I want to be with... Several thoughts swarmed through my mind. I wasn't even paying attention to Minah who began blabbering away about her latest fashion crisis. I could barely even think straight when suddenly-

"I'm breaking up with you." I suddenly blurted out. My eyes widened at what I had just said.

"What?!" Minah practically screeched as she jumped from her chair.

"Uh... I-I'm breaking up with you. Mianhe..." I repeated, stuttering, not really sure of what I was saying.

"You can't break up with me! Oppa!" she wailed and held a grasp of my arm. She pulled on it and pouted.

"I'm not your "Oppa" anymore, we're breaking up. Don't be a child." I didn't want this relationship anymore, I was positive of that much. I got up form my chair and yanked back my arm.

"Oppa! I won't accept this!" she screamed and stomped her feet as I walked away from the table.

 

 

School had ended and I went where I usually went after my many break ups. Yoonmi's house.

I walked pasted my house and walked straight across the grass towards Yoonmi's porch. I hesitated before ringing the doorbell and began pacing around. I just broke up with Minah... I just broke up with Minah... Ugh! Why am I hesitating to tell Yoonmi when I usually tell her this stuff anyways?! I took a deep breath and rang the door bell.

"Are you a criminal?!" I heard Yoonmi shout from inside.

"Uh... No?" I laughed at her childish behavior.

"Are you a girl scout?!"

"Unfortunately, no."

"Aw, too bad. I really wanted some cookies to-"

"Yoonmi, it's Sehun, let me in already." I rolled my eyes and made my way inside when she has opened the door. I could feel her stare burning a hole through me.

"What's wrong?" she asked. She sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to her. "Do you wanna tell me what happen?" her voice was soft and gentle.

"I broke up with Minah." I said almost in a whisper. Although it wasn't an official break up since it was partly one sided... Silence echoed through the house as we sat on the couch, looking everywhere but at each other. I played with fingers, waiting for her response.

"...Is that so?" she finally spokeShe leaned towards me and wrapped her arms aroundmy shoulders into a light hug. "It's okay, maybe she wasn't the one for you." Yoonmi never fails to heal my broken heart. Only... My heart isn't so broken this time? "You'll find another girl that'll love you forever." she continued on.

I frowned. Another girl that'll love me? Why did it feel like Yoonmi was telling me to find another girlfriend? Couldn't she be the one to love me? My eyes widened at the thought. "Ah!" I screamed out loud and ruffled my hair in fustration. It was Yoonmi who was always by my side, who always supported me, who always loved me...

Yoonmi was takened back and looked at me like I was crazy. She arched an eyebrow and shifted slighted. "Are you okay, Sehun?" she asked and rested her hand on my arm. I stared into those round angelic eyes of her.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine now." I love Yoonmi. I love her.