Sparklers And Cherry Blossoms

Friend Zone

 

~Sehun's POV~
 
We walked hand in hand and stopped at a nearby supermarket.
 
"Wait here for just a second." I said and went inside. I quickly scanned the aisles and found what I was looking for. I smiled at the bright colored package and paid for it. "This brings back memories..."
 
"Sehun! Finally! You were taking forever!" Yoonmi pouted when she saw me come out of the supermarket.
 
"Mianhe. Hey, before we head home, let's stop by the park, okay?"
 
"Sure." Yoonmi cocked her head to the side and looked at Sehun curiously at my sudden request.
 
The park was quiet far from our houses and the sky had turned dark. We made a turn and stepped on to the park grounds. Nothing has changed since we were children. The same swings, the same elephant slide, even the same old cherry blossom tree that hovered above the swings.
 
 
 
 
 
We sat in silence on the swings and glanced at the starry sky.
 
"It's so beautiful..." she whispered, still gazing up and losing herself in the moonlight. The moonlight shined on her face, defining her beautiful features. Her snow white skin, her big, round, brown eyes, and her pink, lucious lips. My heart pounded loudly against my chest.
 
"You're more beautiful though..." I whispered under my breath. She turned away from the sky and looked at me. She smiled softly, making my heart skip a beat. I could feel the corners of my lips curve into a smile and glanced at my hands shyly.
 
"I brought sparklers." I said, cutting off the peaceful silence that enveloped us.
 
"Sparklers? I love sparklers!" Yoonmi's eyes twinkled with ethusiasm and clapped her hands. I chuckled at her actions and pinched her cheeks.
 
I quickly got them out of my bag and handed her a sparkler and lit both of the sparklers. The small light illuminated the dark as we twirled the sparklers around.
 
"Kyaaa!" she shrieked when I chased her with a burning sparkler.
 
"This reminds me of when we younger." she said as we collapsed on the grass and cherry blossoms that surrounded us. I sat up and leaned against the giant cherry blossom tree, raining its' petals peacefully.
 
"Yeah..." I responded as I closed my eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
~Flashback~
 
When we were 9 years old, we had visited my grandmother in the summer. It was getting late and we had found a forgotten sparkler on the ground.
 
"Look! It's a sparkler! Do you think it works?"
 
"I don't know, lets find out!" I used Grandpa's old lighter and lit the small firework.
 
"Wow... It's so pretty." we both gawked in awe at the small illuminsent light that shortly burnt out. We smiled at each other and walked back to Grandma's in hand in hand.
 
~End Of Flashback~
 
 
 
 
I opened my eyes and saw Yoonmi sitting up. She pulled strands of stray hair and settled it behind her ear. The cherry blossoms seemed to dance around her, emphasizing her beauty. They seemed to fall perfectly on her.
 
I looked at her longingly. It was painful to see how beautiful she was now. Why did I take her kindness for granted? I cringed and mentally slapped myself. I'm such a babo...
 
"It's getting late." she said as she got up and brushed the stray petals off of her jeans. "Let's go home?"
 
"Yeah..." I slowly got up and copied her actions, brushing off the cherry blossoms that had fallen.
 
I'm such a coward. I can't even tell her how I feel. I shook my head lightly and pushed away the thought. Now's not the right time. Maybe later.