Valentines

Friend Zone

~3rd Person POV~

"Ouch my aching head..." Yoonmi slowly sat up from the clinic bed in the infirmary. She gently placed her fingers on top of the huge bump that continued to swell on her forehead. "Ow, ow, ow..." Yoonmi in her teeth and sighed.

"Yoonmi!" Sehun bursted through the doors and was quickly scolded by the nurse. "Mianhe." Sehun apologized with his face flustered. His breathing was quick and his hair was disleveled.

"Sehun? What are you doing here?"

"I ran from 7th period to get here. Mr. Choi wouldn't let me go until class ended. Anyways, I knew you were unathletic and clumsy but to be hit in the face with a volleyball!" Sehun's rants seemed to go on and on until Yoonmi clamped her hands over his mouth.

"Sehun! Please, just shut up for one moment. You're making my head pound again." Yoonmi slowly retracted her hands away from Sehun and sighed.

"Ah, mianhe." Sehun nodded and talked in a low whisper. "You really had me worried..." Sehun cupped the side of Yoonmi's face with one hand.

"Sehun..." Yoonmi could feel her cheeks glow pink and her face grow hot.

"Come on, it's already the end of the day. Let's go home, okay?" Sehun stood up and grabbed Yoonmi's school bag and slung it over his shoulder along with his bag.

"Y-Yeah, let's go home..." Yoonmi said softly trying to keep the disappointment in her voice hidden. I'll always be a friend... Yoonmi sighed for the uptinth time.

 

 

Yoonmi sat on the couch, staring blankly at the T.V.

"Yoonmi?" her mother called to her from the kitchen. "What are you doing lazing around? Aren't you going to make chocolates?"

"Huh? Chocolates? Why?" Yoonmi blinked.

"Did you forget? Valentines day tomorrow!" her mother sighed. "Are you even a girl?"

"Yah! Umma! How could you say that?" Yoonmi pouted. "And it's not like I have anyone to give chocolate to..." Yoonmi pulled her knees to her chest and blew the loose strands of hair out of her eyes.

"Are you sure?" her mother smiled softly and sat besides Yoonmi, patting her Yoonmi's back with her hand gently. "There has to be someone special to you..." her mother's voice trailed off. "Like Sehun?"

"Umma!" Yoonmi blushed hard and felt all of her blood rush to her head.

"I'm joking!" her mother put her hands up in defense. "But let's make some chocolates again this year, okay?"

"Arraso Umma..." Yoonmi got up from the couch as her mother pulled her into the kitchen.

 

 

 

Yoonmi yawned and stretched her arms over her head. "I hope Oppas will like it." she smiled softly and pulled her hairtie out of her hair, undoing her ponytail.

"Oh what's this? It's so pretty, is it for Appa?" Yoonmi's father came downstairs and fiddled around tryin to tie his necktie.

"No, Appa. It's for my friends." Yoonmi swatted his hands away from the chocolates lying on the table.

"Guy friends?" her father asked with suspicious eyes.

"Maybe... Does it matter?"

"No... Only if it's a guy." her father squinted his eyes in distrust.

"Yeobo, just leave her alone, she's already in high school now." Yoonmi's mother said as she walked down the stairs and walked into the kitchen.

"My little girl is growing up and I don't like it!" her father huffed.

"Now, now, Yoonmi, you better go now if you don't to be late for school."

"Omo! You're right! Bye-bye Umma, Appa!" Yoonmi waved to her parents and grabbed her school bag and bag full of chocolates. "Oh, I should probably stop by the convenience store first..." Yoonmi spoke to herself as she began walking down the sidewalk.

 

 

 

~Sehun's POV~
 
I've been having this irritable pain in my heart, it's been bugging me ever since I saw how close Yoonmi was with Suho. I found myself hiding from Yoonmi more often. Hiding behind bushes, behind the lockers. My heart would race abnormally fast, my hands got clammy and my mind would get all cloudy whenever I saw her even walk by.
 
I can't help feel irritated whenever I see Suho by Yoonmi's side. I kept frowning when I saw Yoonmi talking to Suho during class. Yoonmi glanced at me quizically and I quickly turned away nervously. Babo! What am I doing? I'm acting like a teenage girl crushing over her first love!!! I mentally face palmed myself and covered my face with my hands.
 
I could feel Yoonmi's eyes on me and it made my cheeks flush. Was there something on my face? I hope not, that's just plain embarrassing. I brushed the bangs out of my eyes and sighed. Since when was I such a loser? I glanced at Yoonmi who now had her back to me and was facing Suho, talking about something.
 
I saw Yoonmi reach into her bag and pulled out something... A small box wrapped in pink and silver wrapping paper with a black ribbon at the right corner. A Valentines Day chocolate?! What?! My mouth dropped open at the shock when Suho leaned over and kissed her cheek. My eyes widened and I stood up from my seat ubruptly. I was about to say something when the teacher coughed and I felt all eyes on me.
 
"Is there something you would like to share with us, Mr.Oh?" the teacher looked at me sternly.
 
"Uh... No, I'm sorry." I slumped back into my seat. I covered my face with my hands and peeked between my fingers to see Yoonmi laughing at me. God, I'm so lame. But at least now Yoonmi isn't so focused on Suho... 

"Are you okay?" Yoonmi whispered to me, trying not to catch the teacher's attention.

"Never better." I smiled as Yoonmi laughed. Her laugh is adorable...

 

 

 

Author's Note: I know it's not Valentine's Day in real life but hey, this is a fanfic and i wanted to write a fluffy chapter, so why not? ^.^