Caught

Friend Zone

 

~Yoonmi's POV~
 
Sehun and Minah broke up after 2 weeks of dating, just like any of his other relationships, but strangely it was different this time. He wasn't as sad this time. He felt lonely but wasn't crying over it like he usually would. I woke up early and baked cookies for him, hoping to lighten his mood. I giggled and smiled at the thought of Sehun eating the cookies. "These are the best cookies I've ever had!!" Yup, definitely something he would say. I squeezed the bag of cookies that were wrapped neatly and made my way outside to the garden. 
 
"Sehun!" I called out, "Sehun!" I turned to my left and saw Sehun behind the fountain... with someone else. My heart sank when I saw that it was MInah. Sehun was holding her hands in his. My lips trembled and my knees felt weak. I couldn't move a step when I saw something that pulled at my heart even more. Sehun and Minah were... kissing.
 
The cookies fell from my grasp and broke into pieces on the ground. Sehun turned towards my direction and squinted to see clearer. "Yoonmi...?" he called out. I couldn't run away like I wanted. My legs felt like the could collapse any moment like my heart.
 
My vision blurred and tears slowly escaped down my cheeks. "Shhh..." A warm hand covered over my eyes while the other wrapped around my waist. It was Suho, coming to my rescue once again. It was hard to breathe, choking on every gasp of air, trying to speak. "Shhh..." his soft and gentle voiced caressed me. "It's alright..." Suho pulled me into the school building and lead me to the school rooftop.
 
Suho held caressed my face in his big, gentle hands and studied my face. "It's alright..." he repeated. I cried once more and layed my head on his warm, broad chest. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me on to his lap and patted my back softly as he rested his chin on my head.
 
"I hate Sehun..." I mumbled my aggrivated feelings.
 
"Sure you do." Suho responded.
 
"I really hate him."
 
"I know."
 
"I don't ever want to see him."
 
"Mhmm."
 
Things remained silent as the bell rang, indicating that lunch was over. I was about to get up from his lap but he pulled me back into his warm embrace. "Let's stay like this."
 
"Okay."
 
I don't know how many hours passed as we just sat on rooftop in silence. The final bell rang and students were filing out of the building.
 
"Looks like school's over." Suho said and looked at you with his soft gaze. "Come on, I'll walk you home." he extended his hand out waiting for me to grab on.
 
I lowered my head and nodded. My cheeks were red and burning hot. I put my hand in his and felt a squeeze. I looked up to see him with his angelic smile and couldn't help but feel giddy inside.
 
 
 
 
~Sehun's POV~
 
I saw Yoonmi, I also saw Suho with her, covering her eyes. She was crying, I just know it. I left Minah after our official break up. I had to tell her that I loved Yoonmi, not her and that I was sorry. She kissed me farewell and pushed me away.
 
The pain in my heart was love. It took me a long time to figure it out, but that dance. Oh, that dance. The feeling we shared during that time. I was positive I was in love with Yoonmi now.
 
I haven't seen Yoonmi at all for the rest of the day. Where could she be? I bit my nail and searched the crowd. Until I finally spotted her leaving the building... With Suho. With Suho?! They were even holding hands and being awfully close with each other. In fact, he was missing today too. They couldn't have been together, could they? Jealousy boiled up within me and I clenched my fist.
 
"Yoonmi!" I called out and placed my hand on her shoulder when I had caught up with them. Yoonmi turned to face me and frowned. Her eyes were red, like she was crying for hours. "Yoonmi... What happened to your pretty face?" I cupped her face and rubbed my thumb under her eye. She furrowed her eyebrows and glared at me with her red beaten eyes. "Suho, can you give us a minute?" I asked and Suho nodded hestitantly.
 
I dragged Yoonmi to the park we used to go when we were younger. I was about to ask her again why her eyes were red but she yanked her wrists back. "Yoonmi, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.
 
"Everything!" she shouted at me, causing me to flinch. "I thought you broke up with Minah! Th-Then I find you kissing her!!! Do you really love her? Is it her you want by your side?!" she exploded her thoughts and her arms were shaking.
 
"Kissing? Oh..." I grabbed her hands and wouldn't let go when she tried to yank them away again. "That was a break up kiss. She said if she could get a kiss, she would let go and officially break up with me." I tried locking gazes and stared into her big round beautiful eyes.
 
"Re-Really...?" she asked in a whisper.
 
"Yes. I swear."
 
She finally smiled at me and grabbed my hand. "Let's go home then."
 
"Okay." I smiled in return and laughed. My heart felt lighter and relieved. I loved Yoonmi and now nothing stopped me. Except maybe one thing. Suho.