Bittersweet

Friend Zone
~3rd Person POV~
 
"Here guys, chocolates!" Yoonmi opened up her bag and passed out the gift wrapped chocolates to each member.
 
"Wow! Handmade chocolates?" Chanyeol's eyes seemed to sparkle.
 
"It's nothing really, it's just chocolates." Yoonmi said shyly, flattered that the boys had taken a liking to her gifts.
 
"It's so sweet and it melts on your tongue!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun said in unison as they popped more chocolate into their mouths.
 
"Manners first, you babos." Kris said as he knocked the top of the two boys' heads.
 
"Oh right! Thank you, Yoonmi!" the two boys smiled at Yoonmi. The other members thanked her as well and the glow on Yoomi's cheeks grew brighter.
 
"You're welcome. Oh, by the way, have any of you seen Sehun? He seems to have went missing right after the bell rang for lunch..."
 
"Sehun? Oh he's just sulking in the classroom." Chen chuckled.
 
"Sulking? Why would he be sulking?" Yoonmi blinked as she tilted her head to the side.
 
"Something about not getting chocolates from a certain someone, I suppose." Chen wiggled his eyebrows.
 
"A certain someone?" Yoonmi's eyebrows knitted together as she pouted.
 
"Well, for now, why don't you cheer him up?" Luhan smiled and pushed Yoonmi from behind towards the classrooms.
 
"O-Okay, I guess." Yoonmi gripped the small bag in her hands as she headed off into the classroom.
 
 
 
 
 
"Happy Valentines Day!" Sehun looked up to see Yoonmi raining him with mini chocolates. Sehun smiled at the gift. "You've been looking sad recently, so I thought this would cheer you up." Sehun's smile turned brighter and laughed.
 
"You never change." Wrong. Everything has changed recently. Yoonmi thought.
 
"No, you're wrong. I've changed in a lot of ways actually." Yoonmi played with her fingers and looked at Sehun hestitantly. I'm not so weak anymore like I used to be... She thought.
 
Sehun laughed and put on a pained expression. He swiftly ran his fingers over the wrapped chocolates and picked one up. "I remember the time when we were kids, I had gotten ice cream at the park and I tripped and dropped my cone. It was chocolate, my favorite." he smiled softly and continued. "You came running to help me up and reached into your pockets and pulled out mini chocolates. You extended your tiny arm and held it out towards me. You smiled at me whole heartedly and told me, "It's okay." It made me really happy. From that day, we were best friends forever." his smile turned bitter as he said the words "best friends". His heart ached at the words and turned to face Yoonmi.
 
Yoonmi hadn't spoken a word since Sehun remininced their childhood. She didn't even have the courage to look at his face. She clentched her fists and remained quiet, waiting for Sehun to finish.
 
"I'm an idiot. I never realized this pain in my chest. I always thought I was sick. Turns out, it was lovesick." he chuckled bitterly and sat on the desk next to the asorted chocolates. "I know it's too late. But..." he trailed off and let the silence swallow them.
 
Yoonmi looked up from the ground and finally faced Sehun. She knew what he was going to say but didn't want to hear it. She placed her hands ober her ears and shut her eyes tightly. Tears started to form in her eyes. Sehun's gaze softened at her but he was a bit hurt at her actions. He extended his arms foreward and removed her hands slowly away from her ears.
 
"I love you..." he let the words escape his lips slowly and removed his grip off her wrists.
 
Yoonmi was wide eyed and tears ran down her cheeks. "I... I'm sorry..." she ran out of the room and her heart was racing. Her hair was in a disarray and her breath was uneven. She stopped at a corner and leaned against the cool way. She slowly slipped down and covered her face with her hands. "Just what am I doing?"
 
Meanwhile...
 
Sehun sat in silence after Yoonmi had ran out of the room after rejecting his confession. He ruffled his hair in fustration. "I really am a babo..." he unwrapped the chocolate he had in his hand and slowly brought it up to his lips. "It really is bittersweet," he cringed slightly and lied down on the desk. Sehun brought his arms over eyes and let a tear escape from his eyes. "this love..."