Love Is Bittersweet

Friend Zone

 

~Yoonmi's POV~
 
Lunch was exciting for once, Sehun wasn't on my mind at all... Except when I heard Minah scream.
 
"Sehun!!!" she panicked and ran around tring to find a clean tissue. I noticed Sehun standing still with his hand brought up to his face. Blood. Sehun's lips were bleeding. I would've gone and helped him but I was finally at peace for today. I turned my head and brought back my attention to Exo and continued chatting. Although... I could feel something tugging at my heart.
 
 
 
 
It was already afterschool and everyone had went home. I was stuck studying for the upcoming math test next week. "I don't get any of this!" I groaned and leaned back in my chair. I sighed and pulled a book out of my bag. "Love is Bittersweet", a romance about childhood friends falling in love. Very similar to my own life, except it's only half right. I was the only one that fell in love.
 
I looked out at the window and counted the raindrops on the window. The sky was as clouded as my thoughts and heart.
 
"Love is bittersweet." A voice whispered in my ear. I jumped from my seat and put a hand to my ear. My cheeks reddened and gave a quizical look at Suho who was standing by me. "Your book. You're reading "Love Is Bittersweet"?" He smoothly reached over and picked up the book.
 
I looked at my desk and drew hearts with my finger. "I thought if my own romance wasn't going to happen, I might as well read someone's elses." I gave a soft laugh and closed my eyes. "Maybe I'm not meant to love. Or else I wouldn't have suffered these past 13 years watching him love someone else." I leaned my head on Suho's warm shoulder and sighed.
 
He lifted his hand and settled it on my head, patting it and saying, "Shhh, it's going to be alright." His words never fail to comfort and lift my spirits.
 
I smiled with my eyes still closed and said, "Thank you for staying by my side, Suho." We stayed in that position for what seemed like forever and I slowly drifted off to sleep...
 
 
 
 
"Oh, you're awake?" an angelic voiced greeted me as I fluttered my eyes opened.
 
"Eh..." I rubbed my eyes sheepishly and yawned. The angelic voice laughed and smiled. The figure was holding up my book in his hands and on his lap.
 
"Good morning beautiful, or should I say, good night? It's already dark outside." the owner of the voice was no one other than Suho. He turned his head to look out the window. He was right, it was already dark out.
 
"Mianhe, Suho, I made you stay this late with me."
 
"No, it's perfectly fine, since I was with you. And I was caught up reading this book." he gave me a genuine smile and layed his chin on top of my head and rubbed my shoulder. "Remember, you always have me by your side. Even at the most loneliest times."
 
"You spoil me at times, you know that?" I laughed and snuggled closer to his chest for warmth.
 
"I know."
 
 
 
Suho walked me home, like the angel guardian he is. I layed in my bed, thinking about everything has happened. I've been spending less time thinking about Sehun and my aching heart and more time with Suho and his other friends. Suho. I sighed and covered my face with my pillow. Aish... Recently, I just don't know. I've been feeling uneasy whenever I'm with Suho. His gentleness and kindness made me feel safe and stirred up the butterflies in my stomach. It couldn't possibly be love... Could it? No. Of course not. I love Sehun. I always have, for 13 years.