Unsure Feelings

Friend Zone

~Yoonmi's POV~

Time seemed to pass by even slower as I kept peeking at the clock waiting for class to be over. The lovey dovey atmosphere in the back of the classroom haunted me and my peace of mind. Minah was clinging on to Sehun's arm cooing his name over and over. "Sehunnie~ Sehunnie~" Not only did it upset my heart, but also my stomach. Bleh! I stared at the clock with my hoodie pulled over my head to block any view of the "honeymooners" in the back.

Tick Tock Tick Tock RING RING RING

Finally the bell! I packed my stuff in a hurry and linked my arm with Suho's and pulled him out of the door before he could properly close his bag. "Hey, what's the rush?" he asked when my feet skid to a stop by the lockers. I bit my lower lip nervously and glanced all around except at the classroom door. Suho seemed to notice my awkward behavior and looked at the very direction I was trying to avoid. "Oh..." his voice trailed off when Sehun and Minah walked past us, holding hands and being lovey dovey as ever. My eyes fell to the floor and mumbled to myself.

"Why can't it be me holding his hand? I've always been by his side, it's not fair. These feelings aren't fair." Suho looked at me softly but I was too preoccupied with my thoughts to notice. My train of thoughts shattered when I felt Suho's big and soft fingers intertwine with mine and smiled his infamous angelic smile.

"It's too early to be depressed, come on, we still have one more class before lunch. Look, my stomach is already starving!" I smiled and laughed when his stomach growled loudly and poked his stomach. It was the first time today that I had smiled from my heart. Suho always knew how to make me feel batter and made the bad feelings go away. He was my angel. My Suho. I smiled at the thought of having my own very special guardian to look after me, especially when I was always worrying about Sehun. I chuckled and squeezed Suho's hand. He did the same and squeezed mine as we started swinging our arms back and forth like small children. I can't imagine a day in my life that Suho wouldn't be there.

 

 

"Yoonmi~ Yoonmi~ Oi, Yoonmi!!!" Sehun whispered loudly in my ear. He kicked my seat and made me jump a little.

"What do you want, Sehun?!" I practically shouted at him, but kept to a low whisper so the teacher wouldn't look over. Sehun only grinned in delight at my angry actions. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him funny.

"You finally looked at me." he sang. "This morning, when I was introducing Minah to you, you wouldn't look at me at all." he frowned and looked down nervously. "I thought you were mad at me or something..." he trailed off and played with his fingers on his desk.

Of course I couldn't look at you, I didn't want to see her by your side instead of me...

I shook my head quickly and put on a tiny smile. "I could never be mad at you Sehun." Not when I love you so much...

Sehun's eyes seemed to glow at my answer and he smiled sweetly at me. "I'm glad, because you're my best friend, Yoonmi!" Best friend. Those words were like a knife, slicing at the feelings I had for Sehun. I forced myself to put on a smile and faked a laugh.

"You're my best friend too, Sehun." Although I was trying my best to put aside my feelings, Sehun seemed sad when he looked into my eyes. I quickly turned back to the front of the board and went back to writing notes.

 

~Sehun's POV~

Why did she have such a pained expression? I could've sworn... I saw tears in her eyes... Sehun mindboggled his thoughts and couldn't help but stare at Yoonmi's seat for the rest of class, pondering why Yoonmi was acting so strange.