My Spot In His Life

Friend Zone

~Yoonmi's POV~

"What are you doing here?" I asked Suho who was standing at my doorway. Sehun brushed past time and left without finishing what he said. I wonder what he was going to say...

"I'm here to return your book. I forgot to give it back yesterday when you fell asleep. Mianhe, did I come at a bad time?" his eyes were sincere, he truely did feel bad about ruining whatever moment I had with Sehun.

"No, we were done studying anyways." I invited Suho in and put away the textbooks that were barely touched on the table. "You didn't have to come all this way just to return a book. You could've done returned it to me at school."

Suho laughed a small chuckle and scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Well, you see..." his voice trailed off and mumbled something I couldn't quiet make out.

"What?" I asked, indicating for him to speak louder.

"I said... Do you want to have a movie night with me this Sunday?" he whispered a little louder. He was red to his ears and hung his head down and fiddled with his fingers. I laughed at his shy actions.

"Sure, how about at my house? I just got this movie I've been dying to see!"

Suho smiled with glee and quickly nodded. His eyes trailed to his hands again and his smile softened. I'm so glad she said yes... He thought and got up from the couch. "Well, see you at school. I can't wait for Sunday. It's date for sure." a blush creeped on his face as he said the last sentence and scratched his nape again before running out.

A date. With Suho. My face burned with embarrassment as I realized what happened. I'm going on a date with Suho... No! I shook my head vigorously. It's just Suho and we're not even going out. It's just a stay at home movie night. Not a big deal. Right?

I cupped my pink cheeks with my hands to cool down. There's such a long time before Sunday...

 

 

 

The next day seemed to drag on. I haven't seen Sehun all day, just what was he going to say before Suho came over? Suho has been strange lately ever since I said yes to our movie night. Did he like movies that much? I shrugged off the thought and headed towards my locker. I was about to turn the corner when a small petite girl came around. We collided and shot back on to the floor. "I yah... It hurts..." I rubbed my pained and glanced at the girl again. "Ah!" I almost screamed but didn't want to draw anymore attention.

"Yah! Who do you think you are?! Bumping into me like that!" it was Minah. She was rubbing her forehead furiously and grumbled curse words under her breath. She glanced up and her expression turned dark. "Oh... It's you." she scoffed. "Look where you're going next time." her glares were ice cold and full of hatred towards me. I gulped nervously and looked away. "And by the way... You can forget about Sehun. He's mine, all you'll ever be is a childhood friend." her words were cruel. They cut at me like a knife. As much as I wanted to shout at her, it was true. I would always be that childhood friend in Sehun's eyes.

I clenched my fists and bit my lip. Stiffling my cries which threatened to come out. I hung my head low and locked my eyes on my worn down converses. I took a deep breath and walked past Minah. "Childhood friend or not, it'll be me by his side forever, unlike you. You're only temporary."

"What? Why you...!! Ugh!!" I could hear her stomp her feet and pull at her hair in frustration. She glared at me and cursed.

I laughed and grinned at my small victory. No matter what, no one could replace my spot as Sehun's childhood friend. It gave me the solitude right to stay by his side forever.