Through The Rain

Friend Zone

 

~Yoonmi's POV~
 
I walked to library in glee at the reminisce of last night. Old childhood memories were brought up and made me smile. Sehun sure is sweet to remember that I love sparklers... 
 
The smile grew brighter on my face everytime I saw Sehun. My heart fluttered all over again for him. I scanned the books on the shelf and ran my finger over the hard cover backs and stopped at one certain book. "Love Is Bittersweet" It was the same book I had read the night Suho took me home. Maybe I would get my own happy ending like in the book eventually...
 
"Yoonmi?" A familiar voice called.
 
"Suho?" I peered at the side of the large bookshelf and saw Suho walking towards me.
 
"What are you doing here so late? It's pouring outside like crazy."
 
"What?" my eyes widened and checked my watch. 9PM. Suho was right, it was late. "I got so distracted with the books, I completely forgot about the time." I mentally slapped myself. "I'm such a babo!"
 
Suho chuckled softly and placed his hand on my head. "Come on, hopefully we can get home before the rain really pours." he rufflled my hair and intertwined our fingers so we were hand in hand. He lead me to the front of school, our footsteps echoing in the empty halls. But I couldn't hear any of it. I could only hear my heart beat like crazy and Suho's gentle laugh.
 
~3rd Person POV~
 
"It's really pouring out. Mianhe Suho."
 
"It's okay," Suho shook his head, "do you want to come over at my house? It's nearby." Suho offered as Yoonmi and he were standing at the entrance of school.
 
"Sure. Let's just get out of this rain."
 
By the time they reached Suho's home, they were soaking wet.
 
"Here." Suho said as he extended his arm and handed her an old t-shirt and shorts.
 
"What's this?" Yoonmi peered down at the clothes and looked at Suho with one eyebrow arched.
 
"It's a pair of clothes." Suho said.
 
"I can see that... But what for?"
 
"So you have something to change into after you shower."
 
"What? Shower? Here? Right now?" Yoonmi asked nervously and stared at Suho with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.
 
"Well, you don't want to catch a cold right? Come on, hurry and shower so I can take one after." Suho pushed Yoonmi up the stairs and through the bathroom door. He put the change of clothes in her arms and shut the door before she could argue.
 
The bathroom was surprisingly clean for a guy's. The towels were folded neatly and the sink and mirror was sparkling clean.
 
Yoonmi quickly showered and dressed when Suho told her she could wait in his room while he showered.
 
~Yoonmi's POV~
 
Oh my god... Just what am I doing?! I-I'm in S-Suho's house!!! And in Suho's clothes too! I felt my cheeks flush and buried my face in my hands. I noticed the moon was full tonight, even though it was raining. I lifted my head and rested my chin in my palms. It's pretty but sad at the same time. Much like me... I was in deep thought and didn't notice Suho come in the room.
 
 
~Suho's POV~
 
I found Yoonmi sitting on my bed, her hair was still wet and clung to her thin milky neck but fell perfectly on her shoulders. My heart skipped a beat at the beautiful sight. She stared out the window, not noticing my presence yet. Much like the feeling I held for her.
 
Once. Just once, I wanted her to notice my feelings and notice me. Not as a friend but as a man.
 
I sat on the edge of the bed which sunk down and caught Yoonmi's attention. She smiled at me warmly and I could see her cheeks turn pink. Even though she was smiling, her eyes were somewhere else. Like she was thinking of something. Of someone.
 
I frowned, my heart ached. Yoonmi was sitting right in front of me, but still, I couldn't grab her attention. I glanced at Yoonmi again and couldn't help but be mesmorized by her. It was hard to breathe, it was hard to surpress my feelings any longer.
 
~3rd Person POV~
 
The bedroom was dark. The moon as the only lighting. Suho leaned in towards Yoonmi, ever so slowly. His hair was wet from his shower and the towel hung over his shoulder. Droplets rolled down his chin and plopped down on Yoonmi's bare skin. She could feel his warm breath on her skin. 
 
She shut her eyes closed and stepped back until her back was against the wall. He's going to kiss me!!!
 
His gentle hands caressed her face, ever so slowly, he planted a light kiss on her nose and laughed at her shocked reaction. 
 
"Eh?" she whispered in slight disappointment.
 
Suho could read her thoughts from her face and pulled her closer until their foreheads touched and their breathing matched. Suho closed his eyes and tilted his head and pressed his lips onto hers. Yoonmi's eyes widened but her eyes fluttered shut, melting into his gentle but passionate kiss.
 
"I love you."