Our Dance

Friend Zone

 

~Yoonmi's POV~
 
I was in deep thought when Sehun had called.
 
"Yeoboseyo?" I placed the phone by my ear.
 
"Yoonmi? Do you want to study for the math test together?"
 
"Um..." I was nervous to be with Sehun. My heart could never calm down when I was alone with him. "Sure..." I finally said. I didn't want to be rude and maybe this was a chance for something to happen between us, rather than just friends.
 
"Then it's a study date!" he joked. I hung up and squealed in my pillow. A date. It's a date.
 
 
 
 
Sehun arrived promptly at 10 o'clock AM. I opened the door and smiled brightly at him. 
 
"Are you ready for the math test?" he asked.
 
"I guess so, I don't like math." I pouted and Sehun laughed as he ruffled my hair.
 
We opened our texts book when Sehun his iPod and started playing music.
~"Nananana Nananana Wow Fantastic Baby, Dance I Wanna Dan Dan Dan Dan Dance Fantastic Baby, Dance I Wanna Dan Dan Dan Dan Dance Wow Fantastic Baby"~ Sehun sang. I laughed at his childish behavior and held my stomach. We stood up from our chairs and danced around.
 
I jumped around and tripped over the foot of the chair.
 
"Woah... Be more careful." Sehun said as he caught my waist with one of his arms. Our faces were inches away from each other and silence filled the room as the song was ending. Both of our cheeks were pink, they were burning and I could feel Sehun loosen up.
 
~"I lost my mind, noreul choeummannasseultte, no hanappego modeungoseun Get in slow motion"~
 
The music filled the house but it was barely even audiable to our ears. We were in our own world. Our breaths were in sync as well as our movements. It was as if time had stopped and nothing could break this tension. He placed his hand on my waist and I wrapped one of my arms around his neck. The other in his hand and our bodies slowly swayed, keeping with the beat. The room was dim from the candles and was aroused with the smell of vanilla and Sehun's cologne.
 
It was comforting and gentle, like his hands that caressed my petite waist. I could feel his gaze staring at me intently. I looked into his soft brown eyes, our eyes were locked together and both of us couldn't look away.
 
Slowly, our faces inched closer until I could feel his breathe on my lips. He seemed to mumble something, but I couldn't catch it. I was too absorbed in Sehun's intense eyes. He pulled me closer, until our chests touched and pressed against each other. Sehun squeezed my hand lightly and laced his fingers with mine.
 
"Se-Sehun..." I nervously stuttered and flashed my eyes at our feet. I didn't want this moment to end but at the same time, I was scared at what would happen if this were to continue.
 
"Shhh..." he whispered against my ear with his warm breathe. It sent chills down my back but I grew into his warm embrace, letting go of my unsure feelings. Although... Deep down, something was pulling at my heart. Maybe because Sehun was still dating Minah...
 
~"Ganjorhi barago barandamyon, irwojilkka, donghwayegichorom, yongwonhan dulmane, happy ending happily ever after Woah"~
 
My heart was pounding faster. I was red all the way to my ears. I peeked again at Sehun's flawless face. His milky skin, seducing eyes, and those perfectly shaped lips.
 
"Yoonmi..." his voice sent an electricity through me that could melt my ears and heart. "I..." he began but was interrupted when the door rang.
 
DING DONG DING DONG
 
I gasped and ripped myself away from Sehun when I heard the doorbell. I quickly straightened myself and smoothed out my sweater. I opened the door and saw Suho standing in front of me.
 
"Suho..." My eyes widened at his appearance. There was that same pain again in my heart, the same tug I had felt earlier, almost like a guilty feeling?
 
Behind me, Sehun sat on the couch with his hands clenched in a fist. His eyebrows were furrowed and he clenched his teeth when he heard Suho was at the door.
 
"I'm leaving." He stated and packed his stuff and dashed for the door, passing by Suho.
 
"Eh..." I didn't have time to process what was going on. What was Sehun going to say before? The curiosity and anxiety ate away at me.