A Friend

Friend Zone

~Yoonmi's POV~

Tick Tock Tick Tock

The clock was the only thing cutting the silence as I smoothed out Sehun's hair. He was laying his head on my lap like always when he just had his heartbroken. "Shhh..." I whispered each time he would mumble something meaningless. 

"I really thought she was the one this time..." he would say slowly and quietly. "I really did like her..."

"You'll find the right one eventually... Sooner or later, you never know, she could even be right next to you..." lies. I know my love is one sided and it will always be. I've been by his side for 13 years, and not once has he ever noticed me more than a friend.

Sehun tightened his grip around my waist and snuggled his head closer to my stomach for warmth. Warmth for his heart. "It would have been better if I fell in love with you..." he whispered jokingly. I cringed, surpressing my feelings for him and choked back my tears.

I forced a quiet laugh and ran my fingers through his hair. "You're such a fool..."

I always called him a fool for falling in love too easily. But I guess I'm an even bigger fool. For falling into a love that will never be returned...

He was sound asleep when I decided to call Suho. He was the only I could ever talk to about Sehun. I lifted Sehun's head off my lap and unwrapped his arms around me. I quietly stepped out of the room and leaned myself on the wall right outside my room.

"Yeobsaeyo?"

"Suho..." by the sound of my tone he immediately knew what happened.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" he said in a calming tone which always comforted me.

 

 

"I'm stupid. Stupid for falling in an unrequited love for 13 years. Stupid for acting like a friend. And stupid for just watching him be with another girl." My tears slowly started to build up and blurred my vision. "I'm so tired. Tired of all this love crap."

"You're not stupid, you're an amazing girl. Kim Yoonmi, you are one of the most amazing people I know. I know it's hard to be in unrequited love... Trust me, I know it even better than you." Suho made a pained sympathetic expression as he spoke.

Suho's in an unrequited love? With who... I thought. I wiped my red eyes and smiled softly. "Thank you, Suho."

"Anytime sweetheart." I giggled when he said those last words, he always called me sweet nicknames when I was feeling down. I hung up and turned to open my bedroom door. I almost dropped my phone when I found Sehun standing at the door.

"S-Sehun... W-When did y-you wake up?" I stuttered nervously.

"Just now, who were you talking to?" he rubbed his eye sheepishly with his long sleeves. Thank goodness he didn't hear all of our conversation.

"Suho." I answered, Sehun frowned slightly but it didn't mean he was jealous, because Sehun could never have feelings for me. "Are you going to sleep over?" I asked.

"Yeah." Sehun hugged me and leaned all his weight on me. It was the usual. After all his breakups, he would come to my room and pour his heart out and end up sleeping the night after a movie. We were close. Too close. It was a lot to bare for my heart.

He leaned his head on my shoulder and drifted off to sleep as the movie was still playing. I cringed in pain and fisted my shirt over my heart. Sometimes I wished we weren't childhood friends. Then maybe I could at least have the same chance as all the other girls.