The Hunted 4

The Hunted

 

skPLuAC.jpg
 
I make no response as L Joe looks over Ricky. He's forever cautious, it seems. Ricky is smiling again, taking a step toward L Joe and bowing in greeting.
 
"It's very nice to meet you as well, I didn't realize Chunji had company." L Joe just nods, looking to me and I shrug.
 
"He says he has nowhere to go." I answer his unasked question and he nods in understanding.
 
"What about that gun." I freeze as L Joe points out his observation. Now that I'm behind him, I can make out the silhouette of some type of firearm. It's small and not very noticeable but just as deadly. I pull out my pistol but Ricky already has his hands up in surrender.
 
"You can take it." He offers and L Joe waste no time removing the weapon from the younger's waistband, looking it over before he tosses it to me. I catch it surprisingly easily and notice it's another automatic pistol. A gift from L Joe, I suppose.
 
"You lied to me." I sound uninterested till the boy covers his face in another childish pout.
 
"You never would have trusted me if you knew I had a gun." He whines. I a brow at him and scoff.
 
"I don't trust you now." I near hiss but he turn to me, lifting his arms above his sides.
 
"Search me. I swear that's all I have and I was lucky to find it. It had no ammo when I came across it but I found some on a corpse."
 
"One you killed, no doubt." I mumble. He looks ready to cry as he shakes his head frantically.
 
"Please. Don't send me out alone. I hate this constant solitude. I just want to be able to have decent night sleep. Someone to care for, that will watch over me in return." My only concern was his lies.
 
Was it so necessary? Would I have shot him the moment he revieled he had a gun? Probably not but he doesn't know that and did what he thought would keep him alive. I was skeptical for sure, but the boy screams innocence. He's alone and scared, so how could I possibly live with myself if I sent him away. 
 
"L Joe?" I turn to the boy, who looks rather conflicted. He looks completely taken by the boy and his story. They had similarities I suppose. L Joe wanted company and that's what Ricky was feeding us. It would be near impossible for him to say no to the kid. "Fine." I answer for the both of us. Showing L Joe he didn't need to fight himself. He looks away from Ricky for half a second and offers me a polite smile, proving his gratefulness.
 
"Fine?" Ricky squeaks and I nod, with a small friendly smile.
 
"You can stick with us but no weapon. Consider yourself on probation." I explain but the Ricky's smile never falls as he pulls me into a thankful hug, practically jumping for joy.
 
"I understand, thank you. Thank you so much." I giggles and runs to repeat the process to L Joe.
 
L Joe wasn't as surprised as I had been, he seemed to thoroughly enjoy the physical contact and he wrapped his arms back around the boy. I ignored them and went on putting things in order.
 
"You have nothing on you? No clothes or food?" He shakes his head, ashamed and I pat his shoulder reassuringly. "Look through the drawers and grab a back pack." He nods happily and I shake my head, again, confused by his mood. 
 
"I think this is a good thing." L Joe hums, crossing his arms. I look at him and shrug.
 
"He seems a little odd but I'm sure he's no trouble. Just look at him." L Joe smiles and nods. This only put off our schedule by a few minutes really.
 
Okay, so we had no schedule but the idea was to get out of town during daylight, which we could still get done. So, when Ricky come down the stares with a back pack in tow, I nod toward the door and despite L Joe's usual lead, I head out first. 
 
"Where are we headed?" Ricky spouts and I glare at the boy's excitedness, hushing him.
 
"Keep quiet when we're traveling, please. We don't know what's out there...and we aren't too sure where were going." I whisper, getting an understanding nod from the boy. L Joe is keeping a very close eye on the boy which, in a way, I appreciate. Who knows what he could pull.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'd wandered for hours and day soon turned to night leaving me at a loss. L Joe seemed no more sure of a direction but he took over none the less and found us a small farm in the boonies, after a short whiile.
 
We settled down for the night, completely exhausted by the miles we had traveled. Who knew the time, we mostly just relied on the sun for that now but no matter. It was late and we were safe enough, so Ricky took the opportunity to talk.
 
"How did you two find each other? You seem to trust him." Ricky starts conversation with me and I almost laugh at his attempt to be friendly. I'm not sure what he's trying to prove but it's unimportant.
 
"I was in the woods, it was safest for me but L Joe found me one night and the rest is history." I omit the part about him trying to, almost immediately, get in my pants. No need to misrepresent the boy.
 
"You went with him though...why? Why would you pair up with a stranger?" He mutters and I offer a flippant look.
 
"You did." He lowers his head like a kicked puppy, so I explain. "We went to the same high school." His eyes brighten and he nods.
 
"Were you friends?" He ask excitedly and I fight a scoff.
 
"Not quite. L Joe didn't much care for me. We didn't get along well, so I didn't want to wander anywhere with him. When he first showed up in front of me, I thought for sure he'd kill me." I see L Joe flinch and offer an apologetic nod.
 
"Why didn't you like him, L Joe hyung?" The dark haired boy ask. L Joe is stuttering before he starts, so I offer an answer instead.
 
"I had feelings he wasn't comfortable with." I party explain but Ricky is unsatisfied.
 
"So now?" He pressures and I shrug.
 
"Now, he deals with it." He nods to himself, turning to L Joe and cocking his head cutely.
 
"I can see why you liked him. He reminds me of someone I used to like." He announces casually. I have nothing to reply with, so I stay quiet. "L Joe was a bully wasn't he." Ricky's voice rings teasingly. I let my eyes meet L Joe, who's obviously embarrassed.
 
"I wasn't that bad." He mutters, nudging Ricky's shoulder playfully with his own. Ricky giggles happily and I can't help but furrow my brow in confusion. They seem oddly chummy. I feel like I'm missing something. 
 
This was their first time meeting, that was fairly obvious with L Joe's earlier behavior but such a suddenly friendly heart toward a stranger was rare. 
 
"Where are you two from?" He chirps and I sigh at the sudden change of topic.
 
"Seoul." I answer and L Joe nods in agreement. Ricky gasp in surprise.
 
"Seoul? Whoa, this is Busan. You came so far." I narrow my eyes in suspicion. Nobody knew where anything was. How the hell would he know we're in Busan.
 
"How would you know?" I growl, my accusation showing. His eyes widen at my behavior and L Joe tries to calm me down with a look of correction but I keep my eyes on Ricky.
 
"I'm from Busan. I never left, so I know very well where we are." He answers finally, making L Joe smile at me, so I'll except the answer.
 
"It's not a good idea to stay in the same area." I warn and Ricky lowers his eyes with a pout. Why don't I believe him? One reason. He doesn't have an accent. Not even a little. It could be coincidence. Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm crazy. Who really knows but we'll find out.
 
"Chunji?" Ricky's voice is quiet, breaking me from my thoughts and I look up. "My family is...in there." He mumbles, his distraught persona from earlier returning. L Joe looks worried and pats the boys shoulder, pulling him into a hug. I frown and consider his words.
 
"What do you want us to do about it?" I ask, keeping my voice even. L Joe looks upset at how I'm treating him. He acts me like I'm attacking him for mentioning missing his family.
 
Like I wasn't alone.
 
Like I had anywhere else to go.
 
I missed my parents just as much as they missed theirs, so why am I the bad guy? 
 
"You want to leave the area don't you?" He ask in a meek voice and I just nod. "I just want to see them one more time. I'm not stupid enough to try saving them. I just want to see them to somehow say goodbye. I'll probably never see them again." I nibble on my lip. 
 
"Just see them huh? You really think you'd be able to say goodbye?" I question, honestly a little concerned for the sad boy. He nods frantically.
 
"I can! I just need to see them one more time. I haven't seen them in a year." I sigh and look to L Joe, who is rubbing small circles on the boy's arm.
 
"You know those places are dangerous." I warn and his face falls. 
 
"I know that very well." He breaths, his voice going dry. I message my temples at the risk but the disheartened boy in front of me was so troubling. I had to do what I could.
 
"You know they're alive?" I ask, not entirely willing to wander aimlessly.
 
"Please. I don't know but I have to try." He begs and L Joe offers the same pleading face. 
 
"You know the area, yes?" He nods eagerly, smiling at my last, reassuring, question. "Okay. We'll do what we can." I announce. Knowing full well that L Joe is very much on board with seeking out his family.
 
Hell, that boy probably wants to break in and save them. I sigh at me own thoughts and watch the excited boys celebrate their victory over my will power. 
 
With their arms wrapped around each other and the content smile on L Joe's face, they look far more like a couple than friends. I know it's impossible. L Joe had become so attached to me in such a short amount of time. He needed me.
 
So why do I feel replaced?
 
Okay, so I'm cutting it here because for now I just want to show a little more about Ricky as a character and what not.
                                     
No fluff sorry. That's why I posted "Love Loves Lust first", ya' see?
Haha 
Well anyway, the angst will pick up here. 
Be ready~ 
I'm so nice telling you, even though you can probably see it.
We'll see where this goes and don't think L Joe is a giant tool when it comes, there is a reason for everything.
Hahaha (Love this gif, you have no clue.) 
This is a shorter update...I think. I can't tell pre-edit. Hahaha Shows how professional I am.
                                        
I hope you're all enjoying it anyway and will stick with me.
Love me.
                   Comment. Subscribe. Upvote.
I am so head over heels for you guys.
                                                           
My future boyfriend better live up to the standards you all set.
So, the question remains...what do I call you guys??? We have a few choices!!! Yay, thanks to cat-turtle!!~ <3  Poll time? -->
Vote please!
I hope to see you guys very soon~