Ep 2 Part 1

The Romantic & Idol : 90's line!

The idols are now officially on their way to Jeju island! Each pair sits beside their partner on the plane ride.

Hyunseong, without a word, gets a blanket, spreads it out, and puts it on Dasom.

"You're shivering." He explains. Dasom smiles and says softly, "Gomawo."

"Are you going to sleep with that?" Hyunseong points to Dasom's teddy bear, which she hasn't let go of since the carnival.

"No. I'm going to use it for this." She then hits Hyunseong with the bear. Hyunseong raises his arms defensively, but is too late, and Dasom hits him in the face.

We then turn to Suzy and Myungsoo, who sit in the pair of seats on the other side of Hyunseong. The two of them yawn, obviously tired.

"Hey Suzy, do you know me?" Ilhoon's head pops up from behind them, as he points to his face.

"Ne, annyeong, Ilhoon-ssi." Suzy looks up with a considerate smile. Ilhoon is then abruptly pulled down, his head disappearing as we hear Eunji's voice, "Yah, settle down, you're like a little kid. Don't bother others."

"Noona, I'm not a little kid! I'll show you, I'm a man!" he whines.

"Listen to your noona, Ilhoon-ssi!" Hyunseong shouts as he and Dasom turn in their seats to look at Ilhoon, who was now causing a ruckus.

"Suzy, go to sleep. Rest your head here." Myungsoo pats his shoulder, offering it to her. She giggles, "Aigoo, Myungsoo. You watch too many dramas." However, she soon falls asleep sitting straight up anyway, and Myungsoo pulls her head to rest on his shoulder as he dozes off, as well, exhausted.

 

"Noona, do you need something to rest your head on? We can trade seats." Ilhoon says to Eunji. Ilhoon was sitting in the window seat, while Eunji was in the aisle. She gladly agrees, and they get up to trade seats. Later, though, Eunji's head keeps hitting the window, pulling back, then hitting it again as the plane goes through some turbulence. Ilhoon notices and gently pulls her head towards him, placing a pillow between the two of them so they don't bump heads.

 

After some time, the only couple left awake is Daehyun and Saemi, who are quietly talking in their own corner of the world.

"Hey, wanna listen to music?" Saemi pulls out her mp3 player and hands one of the earbuds to Daehyun. "Here, you pick." She hands it to Daehyun to let him scroll through the music.

"Oops I pressed the hom— wait!" Daehyun exclaims suddenly.

 

"I'm your wallpaper?!" Daehyun chuckles at Saemi, pointing at the mp3 player.

"AISH!" Saemi hides her face in her hands.

"It's okay, it's okay," Daehyun laughs and pats her arm, then continues scrolling through the music again and selecting something. "Wahh I like your taste in music," Daehyun mentions, showing Saemi the song he selected. Saemi leans in closer to look and smiles.

The plane is finally quiet as the two of them settle in their seats, sharing earphones. The two of them occasionally tap their fingers or mouth words together, even though their eyes are closed.

………………………

 

 

"WE'RE HEEEREEE!" everybody cheered at the same time as they stepped onto Jeju that night. "Let's play and have fun together~" the TV screen flashes text at the bottom.

"What's the first thing to do?" Ilhoon asked. "I think we buy some groceries for dinner first." Dasom said, and everone agreed. "Do we all go together?"

"But who knows how to cook here?" Only Eunji, Dasom, Hyunseong, and Saemi raised their hands. "Hyunseong's going to carry everything, huh?" Ilhoon joked.

"How about we all go but when we get to the guest house, they cook?" Myungsoo suggested.

"Yah, that's labor!" Hyunseong joked. But all eight of them entered the local supermarket together anyway.

 

Eunji went to get a cart as soon as they entered. She tugged hard, but it was stuck.

"Here, I'll help," Daehyun offered, and pulled the cart out with a grunt. "Thanks," Eunji gave a bright smile.

"Noona buy this for me~" Ilhoon says, holding up a pack of refrigerated beef. "Aish, what am I, your mother?" Eunji said, exasperated. A caption reads: "The new couple: Mother and Child"

Dasom and Hyunseong immediately grab a cart and start scanning the aisles together. Saemi meets them at the other end of the aisle, carefully handling a box of eggs and placing it in their cart. The three of them then start picking vegetables. They overhear Eunji and Ilhoon arguing in the meat section and start saying, "Ah, they're an old married couple? Or a mother berating her naughty child?" and they laugh.

Daehyun sees them and waves, pointing out that he found the instant rice. Meanwhile, Eunji has finally decided to ignore Ilhoon and stalked off to ask the others about the meats she chose.

"Hey guys, is this alright? I don't know what everyone likes, so I got some beef, chicken, kimchi, seafood--" And then Saemi and Daehyun look at each other and laugh.

"Did I miss something?" Dasom looks back and forth between them.

"We're not big fans of seafood." Saemi says.

"Oh, sorry, do you want me to return them?" Eunji said, but Saemi stopped her. "It's fine, I'm sure everyone else would like some."

 

Myungsoo and Suzy, on the other hand, have been stuck in the candy aisle the whole time, exclaiming things at each other like, "Look at this!" "Have you tried this?" "This one's really good!" "My favorite!" "Imported chocolates!" Soon afterwards, Ilhoon joins them, after Eunji decided to ignore him.

"These kids…" text shows at the bottom of the screen.

 

Soon, they all squeeze into one van, but since none of them know how to drive, one of the coordis has been appointed driver. Myungsoo, being the oldest, sits in the passenger seat. Suzy, Ilhoon, and Eunji sit in the second row, while Hyunseong, Dasom, Daehyun, and Saemi are in the back seat. The idols, in a mix of nervousness and exhaustion, fall silent. Daehyun and Saemi, who were awake the whole flight while listening to music, were slowly nodding off.

In an attempt to liven up the atmosphere, Myungsoo turns on the radio. The idols, especially Dasom, sit up immediately, recognizing the familiar, upbeat tune: SISTAR's Loving U. And in the tiny, cramped van, in the late evening, they all start singing.

 

 

The night has just begun, as the van drives toward their destination.