Idols Meet!

The Romantic & Idol : 90's line!

Saemi

"Please umma? My manager said it would be good for my image."

Once again, I was fighting over the phone with my mom. I had just told her the good (in my opinion) news.

 

I was going to be on The Romantic and Idol!

 

"You're too young for this! You're only 16!" she yelled.

"Umma, I'm not a baby anymore. Besides, it's only a show." I tried to calm her down, not mentioning the fact that several idols claimed to develop "real" feelings for each other. She would't know. She doesn't watch television, even if I'm on it.

"But you, in a house with strangers your age without supervision?!"

I cut her off, "Umma, since we're all still underage, the managers are going to be with us most of the time. They'll sleep in a house beside ours." Not all the time, I hope.

I heard her sigh on the other end. "If it's really for the best... Just take care of yourself alright?"

"Ne umma. Love you."

"Love you, too."

 

I sighed and hung up the phone, only to see it ring again. The name, MANAGER OPPA flashed on the screen, so I quickly answered it.

"Yobeoseyo?"

"Saemi-ah! How was your mom? Did she agree?"

"Yeap." I nodded as I said it, as if he could see me.

"Great, so tonight, you'll be heading over to tvN's headquarters. There, you'll meet the three other female participants. You know what you're going to do, right?"

 

"Yeah." I'd watched the show enough times to know what was coming. I would go there, meet the other girls, and watch some clips to decide our first meeting. The guy we would eventually be paired with for the first meeting would be up to "destiny".

 

"Good." I could almost hear him nod along. I don't know why we do that, but we do. "I'll pick you up and take you there at about 7, that'll give you about three hours. Be ready by then." He paused, not waiting for a reply, because he knows that if I don't answer, I nod.

"Bye, oppa!" I hung up.

 

 

"Ehhh~ Maknae's all ready to date, eh?" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned to see Kirin-unnie, who was about three years older. She was the leader.

Oh! Do you not know who we are? We're Jinx! The girls that bring bad luck on those who get in our way to our dreams! (It's kind of an annoying catchphrase, but catchy all the same.) There are only four members: Kirin-unnie, the leader and dancer; Dana-unnie, the face and main vocal, and Eunah-unnie, the rapper- both of them were only one year older than me; and finally, there was me, Yoo Saemi, maknae, lead vocal, but more popularly known as Cold-hearted songbird.

Honestly, I'm  not cold-hearted. I'm just quiet, and shy, so others have to make the forst step to get to know me before I can start a conversation.

Anyway, we only debuted 100-something days ago with a "powerful yet cute" image. Whatever that means. But I guess we pulled it off, since we actually got a lot of fans. Well, the others did. I have the least number of fans, but I still have fans all the same.

 

Me joining this show was an attempt to try to gain popularity among fans, and improve my image from cold-hearted to shy and caring, which as my company knows, is who I really am. It's just not who the public thinks I am. If they watched me act all lovey-dovey with someone, they'd think that the ice is just an exterior and underneath, there's a sweet, innocent girl, right?? Well, that's what everyone's been telling me to convince me to join.

 

Kirin-unnie sat down on the couch, inviting me to sit beside her. Dana-unnie came in, too, with a bowl of chips. Eunah came out of the shower with a towel on her neck. I sat crossed-legged, making myself comfortable. For the past few nights, I had been telling my groupmates about my nervous feelings for the show. What if nobody liked me? What if the people I met believed those rumors that I'm cold-hearted? What if ratings drop because of me (I mean, my haters)?

Or worse, what of I actually develop feelings and get my heart broken in the end?

 

Dana patted my hand reassuringly. "Feelings are feelings. Whatever happens, happens." That didn't exactly make me feel better.

"No one could hate you, Saemi. Not once they get to know you. You just have to be more.. open." Hyper Eunah said, spreading her arms.

I buried my face in the pillow, not bothering to reply. They really did care, trying to cheer me up. Only I wasn't sad... just nervous.

 

 

 

Manager oppa parked the car outside the large building that was tvN headquarters. I pulled on the hem of my skirt, nervous for the interview.

I was told that I was the second to have arrived. He led me to the meeting room where I would first have an individual interview. He opened the door for me, whispered, "Good luck." and shut the door behind me.

I sat on the lone empty chair, while across the table were coordinators and producers and camera crew and equipment. How did they all fit into one room??

 

The coordi sitting directly across form me then turned to me and started to ask, "So, Saemi-ssi, t's true that you've never dated right?"

I couldn't help but let out a surprised laugh. "Wah, you're direct to the point.." The staff laughed along, too. I continued, "I'm still young, so I haven't experienced dating. Ever. But I think through this show, I'll be able to at least make new friends and meet new people." I smiled sincerely.

"And maybe fall in love?" Instead of replying to her, I simply laughed.

"So, who do you want to see with you this season?"

"Ah, me? Ah is it really alright for me to say? Jinjja?" My manager nodded his head from outside the doors, giving me a thumbs up. Yeah, the company's not that strict when it comes to dating.

 

I thought for a while. "Ah, let me cross out the ones that are too old for me to date..." I pretended to count on my fingers, causing the staff to break out in laughter.

Hm... Before my debut, I was a really huge fan of kpop (still am). I was taking too long, so the coordi just said, "Just name 3."

"Ah, 3? It's so hard to choose... I have so many biases..."

"How about this; what's your ideal guy like?"

"Ah, easy. I like a gentle, caring guy who can play instruments and sing really well!" With that, the staff smiled at me.

 

Then the coordi said, "But really, not even one name?"

I cracked up. When the laughter died, I replied, "Ah... I shouldn't mention anyone… I might get embarrassed in the end…if my biases are there… " I stopped myself before I transformed into full-fledged fangirl and embarrassed myself in camera.

 

 

After the interview, I went to the room where we would all meet. Going in, I saw three girls sitting at the table, waiting for me. I bowed deeply and introduced myself.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am Jinx!'s Yoo Saemi."

They greeted back politely. Being a kpop fangirl, I recognized them immediately. Miss A's Suzy, SISTAR's Dasom, and A-Pink's Eunji, making me the youngest (and most inexperienced) in the room. I immediately felt intimidated. I was just a rookie! Compared to them, who was I? They were beautiful, talented, and wanted by men all over korea. And they've probably already dated! I know I won't be able to compete with these ladies for the hearts of the guys we were supposed to meet.

Still, that won't stop me from making friends, right?

 

They talked animatedly while I smiled and listened, contributing to the conversation once in a while. Finally, the coordis arrived and sat at the end of the long table we were seated at. We talked for a while about dating and the advice they got.

"Okay, so now we'll show you some video clips of first meetings. You will choose one, and meet with the person who chose the same first meeting as you tomorrow, before we leave for Jeju." We nodded; we all knew the drill. They were only saying this for the sake of the camera.

 

The lights in the room went out and a video clip was projected onto the wall. It showed a guy looking into an aquarium, and seeing a girl 's face on the other side through the water, outside the aquarium. Slowly, they went around the aquarium and met each other face to face. It seemed quite romantic…but I don't think this was for me. Still, "aaaah"s were heard around the room.

Next, they showed a clip of a girl sitting in a booth at a café. Then, a guy sat in the booth behind her, with his back to hers. They were talking, because they thought their blind dates didn't show up, but they were actually each other's dates. Cute. But still not me.

The third clip showed a guy in an elevator. When it reached a certain floor, there was a ding! and the doors opened to reveal a pretty girl, who got in the elevator with him. I heard my sunbaes sigh at the sweetness.

The last one showed a girl in the library. She was browsing a shelf, brushing her fingers along the spines of the books, and stopped at a certain book, which was ver thick. When she pulled it out, another book was pulled out from the opposite side of the shelf, revealing a handsome guy. I thought it was really sweet! This was the was I wanted my first meeting to be. It was quiet, and ordinary, but really sweet, like me. Plus, I love to read!

 

After the clip ended and the lights were turned back on, we would decide on who would get what meeting. I let the unnies go first. Luckily, one of us cose the same thing, so I was relieved. Maybe this really was destiny.

Suzy chose the elevator scene, Dasom chose the café scene, Eunji chose the aquarium scene, and I, of course, chose the library meeting. They explained their choices, like how cute it was and how sweet. When they asked me why I chose the library scene, I answered:

"I don't know. It just feels like… fate." I shrugged.

 

After we said our goodbyes, I went outside to my manager, who was waiting by the door.

"So how'd it go?"

 

I shrugged. "I'm leaving it to destiny, oppa."

 

Confused by my answer, he just scratched his head and followed me to the car.

 


How is it? Confusing? Aish. Even I'm confused by what I wrote. kekeke but stay tuned for more flufffff. >< Who will Saemi meet next? I mean, first?

 

Can this lead to love?

 

Comment and subscribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!