Ep 1 Part 1

The Romantic & Idol : 90's line!

 

A/N: The next few chaps will be written from the audience’s point of view, so it will be describing the way the edited footage is shown on tv^^ Anyway, here’s how the first dates were shown!

 

 

Suzy looked at the camera nervously, fidgeting with her thumbs. She was so excited! She was talking to herself, holding her head in her hands, saying “Otteoke?” to herself over and over again.

“Ah, jinjja, this is really nerve-wracking.”

“It’s been a while since I dated.” She said to the camera crew.

“How long since your last date?” the PD asked.

“Hm… Secret.” She winked at the camera and went back to sitting in the lobby of the hotel she was in.

She inspected herself in the camera. “Do I look okay? Aish, I messed up my hair.” She tried to fix it.

“When will he get here? I can’t take the suspense!” she taps her foot impatiently. She keeps moving around, keeping herself busy, being talkative.

In a clip from her tvN interview, a crewmember asks, “Who did you say you wanted to see here?”

“Um… Lately I’ve been into Infinite, and my bias is Myungsoo.”

“Are you two close?”

“Ah, we met on Invincible Youth. I don’t know if he still remembers me.”

 

Meanwhile, on another floor of the same hotel, a boy anxiously waits with a bouquet of flowers. The camera does not show the top half of his face.

“Who do you want to be partnered with tonight?”

“Ah… I don’t know… Is there SNSD?” he scratches the back of his neck and laughs nervously.

“You know, whatever happens, happens, right?” he says. “It’s fate.”

 

 

In a café not far from Eunji’s dance studio, she sits calmly in a booth, facing away form the door, sitting and sipping her coffee.

“Are you bored, Eunji-ssi?” the PD asks.

“Bored? Aniyo,” she chuckles, “Just trying to think.”

“Think about what?”

“What I should say if this happens or that happens. I have plans, but I think I’ll end up forgetting the whole thing.” She giggles cutely.

“Do you have anyone in mind that you want to come in through that door?”

“Hmm… maybe… Infinite? Or Bigbang!” she says happily, comfortably interacting with the camera.

 

Outside the café, a new boy arrives!

“Annyeonghaseyo. I am BTOB’s Ilhoon!” Ilhoon bows to the camera. Under the scene, they show a caption: “Labelmates from Cube entertainment! How will they react?”

“What made you choose this scene?” the crewmember asked.

“Me? I really like going to cafés, they’re nice and relaxing.”
Then a clip of Ilhoon in the interview room of tvN is shown.

 

“What’s your ideal type?”

“Someone cute and round, funny, I guess.”

 

They show Eunji waiting in the café, then a scene form her interview at tvN, as well.

“I like guys who make time for me. So I think it’s important to be punctual.

Exclamation marks alongside Ilhoon’s face are shown.

Ilhoon glances inside the café. “Oh! Is she here? Has she been here long? Jinjja? Aish, I feel so bad now.”

 

 

The scene cuts to show Dasom in the local aquarium.

She smiles. “I think this place is really interesting, really romantic. Can I take a walk around? What?” her look changes to one of surprise. “He’s already here? Ah… Andwae, I need to prepare myself!!” She buries her head in her palms.

In her interview, she says, “I think I’m really loud sometimes… so maybe someone quiet would suit me well?”

“Have you dated before?”

She replies nonchalantly, “Ne. I’ve dated before.”

“How were they?”

“Honestly, I think this time would be the most nervous I’ve ever been.” She laughs.

 

On the other end of a large tank, an unknown guy waits, folding and unfolding his hands. “I’m so nervous. I’ve never been on a blind date before.” He says to the camera in a deep voice. In the darkness, his features aren’t clear.

“Who do you think you’ll meet?” the PD asks him.

“Ah… Maybe… A-pink? Dal Shabet?” he laughs.

“Aigoo, he says, raising his hands to the camera, “Look, they’re shaking, they’re shaking.” He puts them down and lets out a laugh.

 

Then, finally, they show a shot of Saemi, sitting far away and reading a book. Unlike the others, she is quiet and doesn’t interact actively with the camera. Because she’s so quiet, they put a lot of captions and quotations instead, to distract the audience from the fact that she isn’t saying anything: “Her very first date! What will it be like?” “What is she thinking about?” They show her shaking her legs, and put captions saying “Only a little bit nervous.” And “Surprisingly calm.”

To fill the silence, they cut to a scene from her interview.

 "So, Saemi-ssi, t's true that you've never dated right?" the coordi asks.

Saemi laughs, replying, "Wah, you're direct to the point.." in the background, laughter is heard.

"I'm still young, so I haven't experienced dating. Ever. But I think through this show, I'll be able to at least make new friends and meet new people." she says with a smile.

"And maybe fall in love?" the coordi returns. Saemi laughs, covering with her hand.

 

After a few seconds, they show a closer look at her serene face reading the book in the library, prodding her to look up. She finally seems to notice the camera. She gives a slight, cute grin.

"So, Saemi-ssi, you seem a little nervous."

"A little is an understatement. On the outside I may seem quiet and calm, but on the inside I'm a dormant volcano that could explode at any second." she letes out a nervous giggle.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"Isn't it obvious? This is my first date, and it's going to be on television for everyone to see!" she buried her face in her hands, embarrased.

 

Outside the library, Daehyun hastily climbs out of the car, quickly greeting the crew.

“Mianhe. I just came from a schedule.” He pants. “Am I too late?”

The PD explains that the girl inside had already been waiting for half an hour.

“Ah, jinjja? Ah, I’m so guilty. And I’m also nervous.”

They show a cut scene from his interview at tvN.

He says, “To be honest, at first I wasn’t interested in dating. But my manager told be that I needed a break, so I took it.”

“What’s you ideal type?”

“My ideal type is… someone who can make me laugh?” and he says it like a question, as if he’s not sure, “And someone I have a lot of common with.”

“Have you dated before?”

“A few times. But not like this.” He gives a low chuckle.

 

 

Flashes of each of the eight participants are shown, with a caption saying, “How will they act when they meet? The destined first meeting starts now!”

 

The following scenes are shown in slow motion: Suzy gets up and is shown getting into the elevator, the doors closing behind her. The guy at the hotel is revealed to be Myungsoo, who smiles nervously before taking a deep breath and pressing the elevator button that says down, and taps his thigh nervously as the number approaches his floor.

Ilhoon is shown pushing open the glass door to the café, to approach the bench of the booth he was told to sit in. Behind that booth, he sees a head of long brown hair. Eunji, meanwhile, sits in her booth, squeezing her eyes in anticipation, biting her lip.

Dasom walks toward the thin tank, not knowing who will be waiting on the other side. The guy whose hands can’t stop shaking, Hyunseong, takes a step toward the other side of the tank as well.

Daehyun opens the large library doors, peeking in first. He stands in a specific aisle, and stops in front of a book with a pink sticker. Saemi walks toward a different aisle, brushing the spines of the books as she passes by them.

How will their first meeting turn out?


 

 

Haaaiii! This will be a verrrryyy long fic, probably 40+ chapters! :D but they'll be short ones, alright?:)