Ba-Dump

One Shot, One Chance

You ran around the streets, looking down every alleyway and corner, trying to spot a tall silhouette lying somewhere.

Your heart was beating like crazy, your head buzzing mad with worry.

*Where the heck are you? Why would you ever go out of the hideout?* you thought, a painful lump rising up your throat.

As you ran down another street, past another alleyway, you glanced into it and saw a teenage boy slumped against the brick wall of a building.

You skidded to a stop and went over to him, kneeling down next to him. You gently lifted up the boy's chin and you gasped.

"Daehyun? Daehyun, wake up! Get ahold of yourself!" you yelled, shaking him hard. His head only bobbed side to side, his eyes closed and blood dripping down the side of his head.

You felt like you were going to have a panic attack - for real this time. You checked the back of his head with the little light that was available from a distant street lamp. Dried blood made patches of his soft brown hair stick together, crusted and not so brown anymore. There was more dried blood on the collar of his jacket and down the back of his neck.

You put a hand to your mouth, forcing yourself to stay calm and think clearly.

*Am I supposed to call someone for help? But I can't! He can't leave for a hospital - they'll find out who he is! B.A.P doesn't use cellphones...What do I do?* you thought, tears springing up in your eyes.

Daehyun's eyes opened a little bit, his eyes trying to refocus on you. Your eyes widened and you held his cold face.

"Daehyun! Are you all right? Can you see my face? Oh my gosh, why are you like this? Why did you leave the hideout?" you cried.

He just stared blankly at you and blinked slowly. His face contorted in pain and he grunted, trying to get on his feet. Daehyun immediately toppled over. You caught him just in time, his arms and legs limp.

"Daehyun, what should I do? Should I carry you home? Should I call for help? We need to get you medical attention! That cut in the back of your head looks so serious - "

"Be quiet for a second, will you?" Daehyun hissed in a coarse voice, putting a hand on the wall to support himself. "Just take me home."

You hesitated but you nodded, letting him put one arm around your neck and slipping your arm around his waist. You tried to support as much of his weight as you could, struggling to get him home as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------

You burst through the door, almost dropping Daehyun, who had become unconscious on the way to the hideout. The startled B.A.P members looked up and took in the situation. Jongup and Youngjae immediately rushed over to Daehyun's side, picking him up gently and taking him to the bedroom.

You collapsed in a chair and breathed in big breaths, exhausted from dragging Daehyun all the way back home.

Yongguk gave you a stern look and demanded, "Where were you all day? Why is Daehyun like that?"

"I just went out to think. I was with a friend, and on my way home, I saw Daehyun like that," you explained, shaking your head.

Youngjae came back, a grim expression on his face, "The cut on the back of Daehyun's head is pretty serious. He's gonna need stitches."

"Do whatever you need to do, Youngjae," Yongguk said. Youngjae nodded and went back to the bedroom.

You looked earnestly at Yongguk. "Youngjae's a doctor?"

Zelo nodded, "Yeah. Hyung is studying a lot on medical stuff so he can be the doctor of our group. Lots of injuries happen as we're on thefts..."

"Where does he get all the supplies that he needs?" you asked, but you felt like you knew the answer.

Your guess was proven right when Yongguk and Zelo answered in unison, "We steal them."

After a tense three hours or so of quiet, Youngjae finally came out, taking off his baby blue latex gloves and pulling down his operating mask. "He'll be fine. Just a bit woozy from the loss of blood, but he'll be back to normal in a few days or so. We all know Daehyun - he'll be stubborn to get moving as soon as he can get up. But for now, he's strictly off limits to the outside world."

"That's a relief," you sighed, smiling a little. At least Daehyun was able to recover - if he had some sort of injurty that was permanent because of you, you would never forgive yourself.

"So. Dinner?" Himchan asked, clapping his hands together and rubbing them in anticipation.

------------------------------

After dinner, the B.A.P members decided to hit the hay early after a stressful day of events. You stayed up with Youngjae, whispering at the dining table.

"So where were you today? Tell me the truth," Youngjae said, an encouraging smile on his face.

You looked down at the dim outline of your sock feet, the candlelight casting flickering shadows on the floor and surrounding walls.

"I...wasn't paying attention to where I was going at first, and then I found myself at the restaurant...I went in and found Kai. We went out for hot chocolate, and I guess I lost track of time..." you summed up your day in faltering words.

Youngjae smiled and shook his head, chuckling, "You must really like Kai, don't you?"

You were completely taken aback by his question. Horrified, you shook your head wildly, insisting, "No, I don't! He's just a really good friend, that's all! I would never have feelings for him!"

Youngjae laughed quietly and patted your shoulder, "Okay, okay, calm down! I was only joking. Kind-of..."

You tilted your head to the side, a strand of hair partially covering your lips. Youngjae reached out and tucked the loose strand behind your ear, making your heart go ba-dump.

He sighed and looked you right in the eye, "Yoon Bokyung. I won't lie to you, and I want you to take me seriously when I say this."

A bit confused by the sudden mood change, you nodded uncertainly, "Okay? What is it?"

"I think...I think I've fallen in love with you," Youngjae murmured, his cheeks slightly turning pink.

You were speechless for a good ten seconds, staring at him with your jaw dropped. *HE - HE LIKES ME??* you screamed inside, your cheeks also flaring up.

"U-Uh...Umm..." you stammered, looking around the room, unable to look him in the eye after the sudden confession. "I - "

Youngjae put a gentle and cool hand on yours on the table, smiling ever-so gently and sweetly. However, his eyes looked sad, as if there was more to the confession but he wasn't allowed to say it.

"You don't have to feel so embarrassed and burdened by this. I just wanted you to know...It was on my chest for the longest time, and I needed to get it off before I could explode," Youngjae admitted.

You nodded, still unable to say anything.

"I don't want things to become awkward between us, so like I said - don't be too burdened by this. You can ignore it or pretend I've never confessed to you if you want, but my feelings for you..." Youngjae trailed off, squeezing your hand. "Is undeniable."

A warm feeling spread from your fingers that were touching his to the rest of your body, a tingling spike going up your spine. You shuddered a little and blushed, unable to stop yourself from smiling.

"Okay, Youngjae oppa. Thanks for telling me," you said, putting your other hand over his and giving him an encouraging pat.

--------------------------------------

Daehyun leaned his bandaged head against the wall in the dark and sighed, hearing every single word that was being exchanged between you and Youngjae. Even his confession.

He shut his eyes and tried to clear his head, but he couldn't. He felt like he lost a game that he wanted to win badly - a game where it involved you. Daehyun couldn't understand why he was feeling so jealous and frustrated when Youngjae was with you, confessing to you right then.

*What is this feeling? I've never been like this before...Is it my head? Did I bump it too hard?* he wondered, gritting his teeth in annoyance.

He knew one thing for sure - he wasn't going to be able to look at Youngjae the same way again.