Chapter 9

Do You Remember

 


       Donghae opened the door to only allow himself to get out. It wasn't a surprise to see Kyuhyun outside leaning against the wall. He stood in front of the younger sighing with slight anger that Kyuhyun would not stop complaining. 
 
"Kyuhyun. Sungmin is not here. He's gone." It broke both of their hearts when the last two words were said. 
 
"B-but hyung." 
 
"No buts. It's your fault that you are broken. Do you think Sungmin isn't hurting. From now on I don't want to here another complaint about Sungmin." 
 
"HYUNG! I know he's here. I can hear his voice. YOU EVEN SAID HIS NAME-" The sound of skin against skin rang through out the empty hall way. The younger felt his cheek which had a burning sensation on it, the cheek turned pink with a hint of red. 
 
"Kyuhyun. Stop. Look I know you're confused about your ual orientation, but seriously you need to man up. You're acting like a sissy." The younger stayed quiet as he listened to the older talk. It wasn't everyday the Donghae scolded him. "For now just finish your homework, you can do it with me in my room. Dinner is served soon." Kyuhyun obliged, grabbing his backpack on the sofa and making way to Donghae's room.  
       From then on, Kyuhyun kept to himself. He still acted like the evil Kyuhyun he is, but all his thoughts were written into a small red notebook, all about Sungmin. 
_______________________
 
"Wait! Sungmin which light is better green or yellow."
 
"Sungmin, how high should this note be?"
 
"Sunbae. Should I add more blue here?" 
 
"Hyung, is this the C cord?" 
 
       The 23 year old walked through the gates of HD University, his coffee in one hand as the other searched through his satchel for his phone. He walked into a nearby cafe on campus and sat down, reading the news online. 
 
"Morning Sungmin-ssi." He looked up from his phone, looking to see who this stranger was. 
 
"Oh. Good morning Siwon, you're here early." 
 
"Of course. So how's the musical." He took a seat across from the other ordering a cup of iced coffee. 
 
"It's going fine actually. Nothing new, just a tad bit tiring being the lead."
 
"Isn't this like the 7th musical you've been in." 
 
"Actually it's only my 6th, but who's keeping count right." 
 
"It must be difficult being lead. Not to mention the art and music class you help teach and attending all your classes with a perfect grade." The youngest said in amazement, Sungmin was truly incredible. 
 
"Well what do you say, that's how it is." He sighed, giving a quick chuckle realizing how busy he really was. That's not including the cooking class he teaches on the weekend and the Chinese lessons he takes every other day. He looked at his watch seeing that it was already 9, he stood up giving out his hand shaking Siwon a farewell. Walking into the second building he made way to his first class for the day, thinking about a new song that was waiting to be written. 
       Another day passed for Sungmin, before he knew it classes were over art was taught and Chinese was learned. Sungmin sat in his room in the apartment which he and Donghae bought not so long ago. The other was out studying at a friend's for the exam next week. He was home alone. Taking out a clean new sheet of manuscript paper and a newly sharpened pencil, he his desk lamp, making the room turn golden, and began writing the song was stuck in his head not so long ago. 
       By the time Sungmin finished the music itself it was already 1 in the morning. He stood up stretching a little then made way to bed, he had classes tomorrow and a music class to teach, plus tomorrow was his weekly martial art lesson. It didn't take long for him to be completely knocked out, but when he did the innocent face of a 12 year old appeared. 
       The screeching sound of the alarm woke Sungmin up from his daze, he sat up and rolled onto his stomach stretching his arms and legs. He stood up and did his daily morning routine, he came into the kitchen dressed in his yellowish tan shorts, a blue and white horizontal striped t-shirt with a tan and blue vertical striped vest, a golden brown hat, and his blue pair of glasses to top it off, giving him a cute autumn look.  There sat Donghae who was eating a delicious breakfast of milk and cereal. 
 
"Hyung, did you hear about that one guy. I forgot his name but its something with a K."
 
"Nope, haven't heard anything about some guy with a K. Why what's up."
 
"Apparently he just joined HD because he wanted a better a school. He's majoring in music."
 
"I see. Is he cute. Oh gosh I need a cute boy in my life." 
 
"Eh. I've seen better, he looks familiar though, like crazy familiar." The youngest stood up pouring the extra milk into the sink, he walked back into his room to get ready and change. 
 
"Hurry up! We need to be there in 20."
 
"Beauty takes time hyung!"
 
"To much time and I'm leaving you." The older heard footsteps become rapid as the younger ran to find today's outfit. 
      The eldest himself made a simple breakfast for himself. Just a quick fruit salad and a piece of toast, he was going to get more anyway. Donghae ran out of his room with 10 minutes to spare, giving a sigh he ran up to the mirror that hung on the living room wall. He was wearing a blue,red and black button up shirt along with a navy blue cardigan with a red outline, a white bow tie and his light brown grey pair of glasses. His hair organized to look a little messy giving him a cute seductive look. 
 
"My-my don't you look good today Hae." The older walked up to him, crossing his arms as he scanned the younger's outfit. 
 
"Of course. When don't I look good."
 
"When you're standing next to me." The other beamed earning a weird stare from the younger. "Anyway, who's the lucky guy today."
 
"I don know if you remember but it's Hyukjae."
 
"Hyukjae? His name sort of rings a bell."
 
"It's the kid that looked like a monkey. Remember, we used to hang with him when we were younger, he used to always come and drink the strawberry milk."
 
"Lee Hyukjae am I correct." 
 
"Yup. That's him. He somehow got my number and called me saying he wanted to meet up. Apparently he is also one of the guys that are joining late."
 
"Didn't you used to have a humungous crush on him in the 9th grade."
 
"Yeah. But I'm so over it, been over it for the past 4 years hyung. Gosh where have you been."
 
"Sorry, my life is busy you've got to give me credit." Sungmin went and grabbed his car keys, also grabbing his jacket and a apple on the way out. "Now come my little donsaeng for now we must go to school."
       The two made way onto campus, laughing loudly as other stared is confusion. Sungmin was walking when he bumped into another person, dropping their textbooks onto the floor. Sungmin and Donghae along with the other bent down picking up one another's books.
 
"Looks like you have a lot of books there. Need help?" The eldest offered. "I'm Sungmin, I haven't seen you around so you must be new here." Sungmin raised out his hand waiting for his hand shake.  He looked up at the other, probably younger than him, and realized that he does look familiar. The two shook hands, along with Donghae who introduced himself not so long ago. 
 
"So what's your name." Donghae asked, knowing that a name could probably jog his memory, helping  him identify where he has seen this person. 
 
"I'm Kyuhyun."
 
"Well it was nice meeting you Kyuhyun-ssi, but we must get going. Come Donghae." Donghae stood a dazed. He remembered everything, he knew this was Cho Kyuhyun the one and only that broke Sungmin's heart. The one that cried but stopped, the one he left behind after freshmen year. The one that Sungmin worked hard to forget, is right in front of their eyes. 
 
"Hae, come on we have to get going." Sungmin broke him from his thoughts, luckily it seems that Sungmin doesn't remember Kyuhyun. They needed to stay away from him, the last thing he really needs is a Sungmin that remembers the person that practically destroyed him. He doesn't need that right now. 
       The two walked off, Donghae looked back seeing the younger stare at the two. He need to talk with Kyuhyun.