Chapter 6

Do You Remember

 


"Jae hyung, can I ask you a question." Sungmin sat on top of the kitchen counter where Jaejoong was making his salad. 
 
"What is it Sungmin." 
 
"Hyung. You like Yunho hyung right"
 
"W-what are you talking about." 
 
"Oh don't hide it hyung, I hear you two, my room is right across yours." A blush crept onto Jaejoong face, but he remained his composure. 
 
"You don't even know what we're doing. We're just playing games." 
 
"Hyung. You guys are having ." Sungmin said bluntly ignoring the awkwardness forming. 
 
"W-what okay. But enough about that. What'cha need." 
 
"How did you know that you had feelings for Yunho hyung?" 
 
"Well I just knew. Why? Do you have a lucky lady in mind."
 
"Actually...."
 
"Or maybe a lucky guy in mind." Jaejoong walked towards the dining room taking seat with a salad in front of him, Sungmin sitting across. 
 
"I don't know hyung. Every time I'm around him I feel. Different."
 
"Ahh so it is a guy. Well what do you like about him." 
 
"Well I like how his cheek bones are so defined or how his eyes or such a beautiful color, especially when he plays games there is always that hint of sparkle that amazes me. But I really like- no I love his voice." Sungmin was about to continue until Jaejoong raised a hand stopping him. He hesitated a bit then swallowed the salad in his mouth. 
 
"Woah woah. Wait. Do I know him." Jaejoong cocked an eyebrow smiling as he had a person in mind. 
 
"Possibly......"
 
"It's Kyuhyun isn't it." 
 
"I would be lying if I said it wasn't." Sungmin placed a hand in his nape, scratching it as he tried hiding his embarrassment. 
 
"O-mo! It is. I- I have to do tell Yunho." 
 
"Wait! Hyung. You're not helping me." 
 
"Right right of course. So when are you telling him." 
 
"W-what. Hyung. Its not normal. I'm a guy I'm suppose to like girls not guys." 
 
"Are you calling me abnormal. Actually no. You're calling both me and Yunho abnormal. You know what. I'm offended. Don't talk to me."  Jaejoong stood up dropping his plate into the sink and walking away from Sungmin. Making his way upstairs Sungmjn grabbed the older. 
 
"I'm sorry hyung. I didn't mean it like that. I just need help, I'm so confused."
 
"Come here, don't cry. Let's talk about this in my room." Holding hands the two walked into Jaejoong's room where Yunho was seen working on some documents. 
 
"Hey babe and.... Sungmin?" The oldest turned around taking off his glasses and walking towards the two at the door, giving a kiss on Jaejoong's lips. 
 
"So what brings you in here Sungmin." 
 
"Hyung, the room smells." 
 
"Like what." The two oldests asked. 
 
"Like....... ." 
 
"I told you Yunho. I told you we should've opened the window afterwards. I told you that we should've bought an air freshner. I told you that the sheets weren't clean enough. Why don't you ever listen to me." 
       Yunho sent a glare at Sungmin pratically killing the other with his glaze for making Jaejoong a nagging wife.  
 
"Look, I'm sorry okay. I promise to listen to you from now on." Yunho walked to the other, wrapping his hands around the latters' waist giving another  kiss. 
 
"Ok. Eew." The two turned to see Sungmin making faces at them, they quickly parted standing straight once again. 
 
"What do you need again Sugmin." 
 
"I need Jae hyung." 
 
"What's wrong with him Jae." Yunho leaned over whispering into Jaejoong's ear. 
 
"Boy troubles. Now out out. It's a man to man talk." He turned and pushed Yunho out door quickly shutting it before the other could protest. 
 
"Hey guys ! I'm a man too....."
 
"Let's go sit down Sungmin." Jaejoong sat down onto the bed patting a seat next to him. 
 
"Uhh. Can I not sit on the bed." 
 
"Why-oh." 
 
"Yeah." Sungmin found a seat on top of the drawer across the bed. 
 
"So tell me. When did you start feeling like this towards Kyuhyun." 
 
"Well I guess ever since last year, when he began to stick around me more." 
 
"You're 14 now right."
 
"Yeah I am. Why?"
 
"Well since you still are maturing this just might be a phase, but who knows you may be like me."
 
"Like you?" 
 
"Yeah like me. When I was your age I was just like you. I was confused with myself, but then I realized the only reason I was confused was because I was to scared to admit that I liked a guy. I was to scared of what others would think of me, but I ignored it and just went for it."
 
"Then what happened." 
 
"Well I was rejected, sure it hurt but that didn't really stop me from anything. I mean look at me now my, I'm living in a mansion with my boyfriend and two well grown kids, not to mention the maids and the cooks."
 
"I see. Well thanks Jae hyung, I'm just going to go lie down before dinner, I had to help trim the plants earlier. Bye hyung."
       Yunho came into the room as Sungmin walked out, holding a cup of tea in his hands. 
 
"Is he alright." He took a sip, spurting it out quickly when he burnt his tongue. 
 
"He's confused, that's all."
 
"About coming out of the closet?"
 
"Yup."
 
       Sungmin walked into his room,falling face first onto his bed, giving a loud sigh as he turned over and faced the ceiling. He was in deep thoughts until a loud  knock was heard on his door,to tired to reach it he ignored it hoping that whoever it was would leave him alone. But the knocking didn't stop, after a while Sungmin decides to just answer the door but then Kyuhyun barges into the room almost hitting Sungmin. 
 
"Min. I've been knocking on that door for like forever."
 
"Oh. Sorry I was just thinking about something." The older made way back to his bed, snuggling with his stuffed rabbit, giving a loud sigh when he finally got comfortable. 
 
"Yeah... Everything is fine. Just a little tired." Kyuhyun knew the other was lying,it was very much obvious. 
 
"What's wrong, are you getting bullied because if you are I swear I'll kick those motherf-"
 
"I'm not being bullied by anyone." 
 
"Are you sure, because you can tell me anything." 
 
"Not everything." The older whispered causing the other to look at him questioningly. "What did you need anyway Kyu."
 
"I was just going to ask if you wanted to go out and laser tag with Donghae and Eunhyuk."
 
"You should go it seems like fun."
 
"Nah, I rather stay here with my Minnie. Should I sing for you." By then the Kyu has jumped into bed with the older, holding him close like every other time Sungmin was sad or troubled. 
 
"Would you please." When he began to sing, Sungmin knew it all to well already. The way he would hold his breath to hear the younger sing and the heart beats growing louder, Sungmin knew it, he knew that he was falling in love.
 
       Waking up and finishing his morning routine,Sungmin came downstairs over hearing a conversation that caught his interest. The two talking seemed disappointed as they spoke,but he ignored it as several thoughts flew threw his mind. 
       Slouching his way down the stair way, many of the maids noticed that Sungmin wasn't the same this morning. He wasn't greeting a 'Good Morning' like he would usually do or skipping down the stairs, instead he was slouching walking down the stairs and taking his time, passing everybody without a single word. 
 
"Morning Sungmin!" Hoya greeted seeing that the other wasn't in a good mood that morning. 
 
"Hey." Was his reply, the other made his way to the other side I the kitchen checking the breakfast for that morning. 
 
"Hey Sungmin, I heard there is a new amusement park not to far from here. Let's go today." The older suggested hoping that the other would cheer up. 
 
"Can't. I have to go grocery shopping and clean the upstairs rooms today."
 
"What about tomorrow?" 
 
"I have to come with Kyuhyun to his vocal lessons and teach Kyuhyun's cousin the piano."
 
"Monday?" 
 
"I have school then drama lessons,  and I have band rehearsal after school. Then I have to tutor Mr. Cho's niece."
 
      The older gave up realizing that the other was to busy to do anything, all he wanted to do was hang with one of his dongsaengs but it seems like that won't be happening any time soon. 
       
       Kyuhyun woke up earlier than usual. He always did when he fell asleep with Sungmin, when he felt the older leave he had an urge just to pull him back and fall back asleep. Looking at the time it was only 6:30, realizing that he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, he got up and went to his room next door. He brushed his teeth and did his hair, which took forever. Thank Shisus that it was Saturday. Usually doing his hair wouldn't take this long since well Sungmin always did his hair and picked out his clothes and well covered up his zits with just the right amount of make up. Sungmin pretty much did very thing for him, and he just realized it. 
       The morning started off differently for Kyuhyun. Usually when he walked downstairs Krystal, one of the younger maids, would always greet him with a cheery 'Morning Kyu' or 'Did you sleep well." But today... today wasn't the same the house was quiet, except for the sounds coming from the kitchen. Besides that no one said anything, just like how it was 4 years ago. 
       Walking into the kitchen, the youngest greeted everybody trying to make some actual noise for the morning. 
 
"Morning every one! Kyuhyun has arrived." Everyone looked at him and mumbled a hello, but quickly turned back to their tasks. Kyuhyun though noticed that one person didn't turn around to even look at him and that was Sungmin.  Strolling his way to meet the older, giving him a hug, something he would never do on a regular basis. 
 
"Hey." The older shrugged him off, walking away towards the dining room. He set out the white and blue plates along with the new cleaned table cloth. 
       Something was wrong with him. Heck, with everybody. But Kyu can't do anything about it except wait until Sungmin is ready to tell him himself.
 
 
       The weekend went by faster than he thought. Sungmin was in his room again, after Kyuhyun's cousin Ryeowook just left from his piano lessons. The older sat and ponder, hugging his stuffed rabbit as he wrapped himself in a blanket burrito. 
'Might as well now.' 
The older looked over to his empty closet staring into the darkness as if it'd give him the answer needed. 
'Well now or never.'
He stood up from the bed, tripping on the thick blanket wrapped around him. Making way towards the other's room, standing outside he stood there staring at the doorknob wanting to go back to the warmth of his room. He wasn't ready. 
 
"Just do it Sungmin. I'll stand here and wait for you." It was Jaejoong, he was coming up the stairs when he saw the younger standing in front of Kyuhyun's room. He knew it was happening. 
 
"It's now or never." The younger breathe out, opening the door to peek inside all was dark but the game noises indicates that someone was still in there. 
 
"Kyuhyun, I-I need to talk to you." He walked over to the younger and sat next to him watching as the younger played,examining him before everything was going to change, before he would be broken. 
 
"Wait Min. Just for a second." The older did and said nothing, he just waited until the other was ready. 
      After half an hour of just sitting there, Kyu looked up and realized that the older was still there, just looking at him. He closed his laptop and put it to his side and at up facing the other. 
 
"You need something?" 
 
"Kyu I...." 
 
"You what."
 
It was quiet for a moment nothing was heard except the breaths coming in and out. Sungmin leaned forward getting his face closer to Kyuhyun's. 
 
"Wh-what are you doing?" 
 
Sungmin looked at the other in the eye, knowing this was the last time he would see those chocolate orbs. 
'Now or never.'
So Sungmin went and gave a kiss on the younger's cheek, taking the time when Kyu was surprised he leaned towards his ear whispering,
 
"I think I like you. "