Chapter 4

Do You Remember

 

"Sungmin you're 13 now and I think you will be more understanding when I tell you this." Yunho walked over to Sungmin's bed, the younger moving over to allow space for the older. 
 
"What is it hyung." Hearing the seriousness in the others voice, Sungmin began to feel uneasy. 
 
"Sungmin don't you ever wonder were your parents are."
 
"Of course all the time." 
 
"Then why don't you ever ask me about them."
 
"Because I didn't want to know." Sungmin held his knees up to his chest fearing what was coming. 
 
"Sungmin. It's hard for me to tell you, but you have to know eventually." 
 
"I-I know." It was a mere whisper but Yunho was still able hear, with his dongsaeng like this he was worried that it would scar him. 
 
"D-do you want to know now?" Yunho got nothing in response so he decided to leave, waiting until another day. Making his way out the door he heard Sungmin call out his name.
 
"Hyung. I want to know." 
 
"Are you sure? Sungmin I understand if you aren't ready."
 
"I'm ready, please just tell me."  
 
"Alright." Yunho hesitated a little bit but continued "It started out when you were 9. Your parents owed a large debt to Mr.Cho, they tried to find a way to save themselves but it was impossible at the time. Your parents were hard workers and they loved you very much." Yunho took a deep breath "But they couldn't get the money in time for the dead line. So,they sold you to us." Taking in the words, Sungmin had a flash back of the day when the skies cried for him and when he heard his parents say that they lived him and would buy him back. 
Crawling next to Sungmin, Yunho held him into his embrace, cradling him like when he was younger.
 
"Hyung? Do..do you think my parents would really be able to buy me back."
 
"Definitely." 
 
       Saying this made his heart crash, he didn't want to be selfish, but ever since Sungmin arrived things have gotten much better. Chores were over quicker, laughter could be heard at every corner in the house, there would be singing at the night time, and that little brat Kyuhyun wasn't a brat anymore. Everything was perfect with Sungmin around, but he knew soon enough it would have to end. 
       After singing Sungmin to sleep, Yunho walked out closing the door as quiet as possible, but outside the door was Kyuhyun. 
 
"Hyung, is it true?" Tears were beginning to form under the younger's eyes. 
 
"Yeah, it's true. Now just go on and play." Kyuhyun walked towards Sungmin's door only to be stopped by his hyung. 
 
"Not with Sungmin. Not today." Yunho replied in a weak voice, he felt guilty for telling Sungmin, but it had to be done. 
 
"B-but hyung Sungm-" 
 
"Not today Kyu. Go and play some games instead."
 
"Ok hyung. I'll be in my room then." Kyuhyun waited as he saw Yunho leave Sungmin's room. Then he snuck over as quiet as possible not wanting to disturb him. Looking over at Sungmin, he was able to see the dry tear stains that rolled down his face and a frown placed on those bow shaped lips, it hurt to know that his best friend was sold to their family, he felt as if he was the one that took Sungmin away from his parents. As if he were the one who made Sungmin cry. 
       Slowly he began to stoke Sungmin's hair, feeling the soft locks go between his fingers and soon he began to sing. 
       Kyuhyun didn't like to sing much since he always thought that his voice wasn't as beautiful as Sungmin's, but he did it anyway since to Sungmin thought that it was like heaven going through his ears when he sang. So right when he began to sing, Sungmin's features soften, his furrowed eye brows relaxed and he wasn't frowning as much as before. Kyu was happy to see his hyung's face relax, but it hurt him to know why Sungmin was frowning in the first place. After realizing how much he and his family has hurt Sungmin he promised himself that he would always keep his hyung happy and never crying again. 
 
       It was getting late and dinner was being made. Usually Sungmin would be in the kitchen helping out the chefs but today Yunho decided that he should take a break. By the time dinner was ready, Yunho made his way upstairs to wake Sungmin from his slumber. Opening the door he saw Kyuhyun back hugging Sungmin, both still in deep sleep, the sight was adorable to him making him chuckle and take a picture of the two. Putting his phone away, Yunho gently shook the two and saying a soft 'Dinner is ready' he waited as he saw the two shift in their sleep. 
 
"I'll be waiting downstairs, hurry and come eat. " Upon hearing that, Sungmin shook Kyuhyun awake, slowly removing the others arm from around his waist. 
 
"Kyu, wake up dinners ready." Sungmin felt the after effect of crying so hard. After he cries hard he would always have a head ache, it's something he always hated since he was such a sensitive person and cried often. 
 
"Min, let's go I'm hungry." Kyuhyun stood up from the bed and stretched as he waited for Sungmin to come downstairs with him. 
 
"Go ahead Kyu, I have a head ache right now and I don't want to go anywhere." Sungmin rested his body against the headboard of the bed and began to rub his temples. "Hurry and go eat and tell Yunho hyung that I have a head ache. "
 
"Alright then." Slowly Kyu made it downstairs sleep still in his system. 
 
"Hyung Sungmin has a head ache. He doesn't want to come down." 
 
"Jae. Go bring him some food, it's the least we can do."
 
"Wait. Jae hyung I'll do it."
 
"Kyuhyun you need to eat."
 
"I'll eat with Min up there, promise."
 
"Fine. But I better see two empty plates when you come down." Quickly grabbing two plates of food, he ran back into Sungmin's room. 
 
"Minnie I brought you some food." Kyu made sure to whisper, not wanting to make his hyung's head ache worse. 
 
"Why? My head hurts my eyes are puffy and I'm exhausted." 
 
"You have to eat." 
 
"No, I don't want to." Hearing his response, Kyuhyun picked up his fork and knife and cut a piece of their hamburgers and brought it up to Min's mouth. 
 
"Just open your mouth and I'll feed it to you." Opening his mouth, Sungmin graciously ate the food. He wasn't used to this, he was never the one that was being taken care of, he was just always the one that stood in the shadows when Kyuhyun was being taken care of. He was always the one that fed Kyuhyun when he was sick. Sure his hyungs and noonas helped him a lot and showed him a lot of attention, but Kyuhyun made it feel as if he were really loved, and it was just what he needed. 
       Finishing his burger quickly, Sungmin checked to see if Kyuhyun has eaten his dinner smiling when he saw two empty plates.
 
"Do you need anything Min?" 
 
"No I'm fine. Let me bring down the plates." Min stood up and grabbed the plates, stumbling slightly until Kyuhyun caught him. 
 
"I'll bring the plates down you just rest." Kyu took the plates out of his hyung's hand, ignoring the other who was telling him he was doing to much. 
       Kyu dropped the plates into the sink where Eric was seen washing the dishes. He made his way upstairs and into Sungmin's room once again, making sure that his hyung was resting and not doing anything else. Walking in he saw his hyung tucked inside the bed, satisfied he turned around to leave but stopped when he heard his hyung silently crying. Closing the door and turning back to the bed Kyu sat on the bed. 
 
"Hyung, please don't cry." There was rarely a time when Kyu called Sungmin hyung. 
 
"I-I can't stop." Sungmin muffled out, turning so that his face was facing the youngers'. 
       Kyuhyun laid down next to Sungmin, slightly lifting the sheets so he can get under. He pulled Sungmin into his chest and began rubbing circles onto his hyungs' back. 
 
"Hyung do you want me to sing for you." Sungmin gave a nod, signaling the younger to begin the song. 
       Soon after Sungmin fell asleep, Kyuhyun was tired himself. So he got comfortable on the bed holding Sungmin close to his body, and soon he fell asleep along side his hyung.