Chapter 8

Do You Remember

 


 
 
"Wait. So you're telling me that you, Lee Donghae is my cousin."
 
"Yes I am. I still can't believe we're cousins hyung." The two sat on Donghae's bed, eating strawberries and whipped cream. 
 
"So what happened between you and Kyu." The atmosphere changed and Donghae instantly regret asking. He saw how his hyung's eye became sad and  a frown appear. 
 
"He said no that's all.It doesn't really matter I'm going forget him anyway." The older took a strawberry and quickly ate it a smile plastered on his face again. 
 
"Hyung...." The younger looked at the older, realizing that he had a scar on his right cheek. 
 
"Why so sad you big baby. Cheer up, I'm finally home and I don't want to be living with a sad fish." 
 
"Hyung you have a scar on your cheek." Sungmin felt his cheek, feeling a small scar under his eye. Kyuhyun's nail must've scratched him when he was slapped last night. 
 
"It's nothing. Why are you here anyway." 
 
Donghae realized what happened but decided to let it go "My parents always go on business trips so they told me to live here since I can't come along." 
 
"Ahh I see. So I guess I'll be seeing you everyday. Greaaat. " The eldest rolled his eyes earning a shove from the other. 
 
"Aww you know you love me hyung." Donghae opened his arms pulling Sungmin into a hug making kissy faces at the other. 
 
"Ewww fish germs."
 
"Come join the fish army hyung." Donghae laughed hearing a 'no', he let go and fell back onto his bed arms under his head. 
 
"So will you still be going to Ppyong hyung?"
 
"Nah, I don't want to face Kyuhyun, I want to go to Suju High instead. Home of the ELFS." Sungmin gave a fist bump in the air, then laid back next to Donghae. 
 
"Come on hyung. Suju High is farther then Ppyong just it up and go there."
 
"Nope. I'm going to forget everything that happened in the past 5 years, including Kyuhyun."
 
"Aish so stubborn. What am I going to do if he asks me about you." 
 
"Don't tell him we're cousins. Just say you don't know anything. He won't care anyway so I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it."
 
"Alright then." The two fell asleep letting the sun hit their faces until the moon rose and they were called to dinner.
 
      Dinner was enjoyable. Sungmin was able to catch up with his family, telling them of his daily chores and the extra classes he took. He also told his parents about the transfer to Suju High, luckily his parents allowed it. Like he would do every Monday night, he cleaned the table and washed the dishes. 
       When morning came, Sungmin woke up at six and began making breakfast, it was a little bit difficult since it was just him but he survived. He spread out the table cloth and made the table. By the time his parents and Donghae were awake a hot breakfast was already on their plates. A newspaper and cup of coffee for his dad, a cup of tea and fruit salad for his mom and a cup of fresh squeezed orange juice and a hot blueberry muffin for Donghae.  
       The family members stood in awe as the approached the dinning hall. Usually omma would be making breakfast, since there weren't any maids, but today was a surprising new change. 
 
"Woahh hyung. Did you make all this?" The youngest sat down, mouth wide open. "It looks amazing."
 
"It's nothing. Omma, Appa come sit down and eat. I made some bean paste stew, and spicy fish soup. There are also some waffles and a fruit salad and for desert I made blueberry muffins and apple turnovers." He pulled out a chair for his mother, who seemed amazed by her son's cooking ability. 
 
"Sungmin you didn't have to, really."
 
"Its okay. I want to. Just eat." He stood at the door way watching as his family members eat making 'mmmmm' sounds at each bite they took. 
 
"Yah. Lee Sungmin come here and eat." His father beckoned him over, pulling a seat out for his son. 
 
"I'm alright. I already ate." He lied, he hasn't eaten all morning. 
 
"Don't lie to me boy." A stern glare was sent his way making him sit down and eat. 
 
"Now, Donghae you'll be going to school today, Sungmin you can stay home since we still need to get your transfer papers. Understood?"
 
"Understood." Both males answered in unison. 
 
       Breakfast ended, and Donghae made his way downstairs in his uniform. White dress shirt, tan blazer and beige pants. Along with the blue and red badge on his left peck and his white shoes. Not to mention his hair which was a beautiful golden brown slightly styled to the right. "Hyung! I'm leaving!"
 
"Wait, Donghae come get your lunch."
 
"Lunch? That's a first." The younger ran into the kitchen grabbing the brown paper bag on the table yelling a thank you on his way out. 
 
        School was horrible. Not for Donghae but for Kyuhyun. All day Kyuhyun was complaining, saying he wished he could see Sungmin and know where he was. It hurt Donghae to know where the older was but he couldn't tell. 
 
"Hae.. Is it okay if I came over today." The younger never came over, they have always went to Kyuhyun's since Sungmin always needed to be home to help with chores. 
 
"Yeah. Of course, I don't think my parents would mind."
 
       School ended a while after, the two switched their books and made way to Donghae's house. The two approached the two story house, Donghae unlocking his door inviting the other in. 
 
"Mom, Dad, Su- I'm h-home." Nervousness hit him as he realized that Sungmin was now living in the same house. 
 
"Hae~~~" Sungmin's voice ran through the house as footsteps were heard coming closer. Kyuhyun entered the house, frozen with one shoe on and the other dropped on the floor. 
 
"Hae, did I just hear Sungmin." The other asked, confused but positive that he heard Sungmin's voice. 
 
"What. No, you're just hearing things it was my mom. Just sit down and get comfy I'll be right back." He ran upstairs, bumping into Sungmin who was making way downstairs.He pushed the older into his room shutting it louder than intended to. 
 
"What the hell Hae."
 
"Look. HyungKyuhyunisoverrightnowiforgotyouwerestayingheresoisaidthathecouldcomeoversincehelookedsosad."
 
"Wooah. Slow down Hae. Say that again." 
 
"Kyuhyun is over right now I forgot you were staying here so I said that he could come over since he looked so sad."
 
"Hae,Hae Hae why would you do this. The last thing I need right now is to see him."
 
"Hyung. I'm sorry I forgot. Look for now just stay in your room. If you need anything just text me alright."
 
"But I'm going to be so bored. Hae your paying for this." The older walked outside and into his own room, rushing not to be caught. 
       Donghae came downstairs meeting Kyuhyun who laid upside down on the living room sofa. He came over and sat next to the younger, wishing that he would get over the other. 
 
"Kyuhyun why exactly are you like this." The younger gave a sigh deciding to just lay onto the ground. 
 
"Hyung. I feel lost Sungmin did so much for me and all I did was yell at him."
 
"Why did you yell at him." He sat down onto the ground, putting Kyuhyun's head onto his lap. 
 
"He said he liked me. Him like me." 
 
"Whats so bad about that. Hmm?"
 
"But I'm a guy. And he's a guy. It's not right."
 
The eldest of the two began to play with the other's hair, it all so gently. "You want to know a secret."
 
"What." 
 
"I like Eunhyuk." 
 
"What!" The younger shot his head up, looking at the older in disbelief. Donghae stood up dusting off the invisible dirt on his pants. 
 
"Now you know. Don't let gender keep you from finding out who you love. "
 
"I'm still to young to know of this love." 
 
"I know, I am to. But remember this for the future. " Donghae turned around and began his journey to his room. "Oh. You can sleep over if you want I have a spare room, feel free to make yourself comfortable.Just don't come into the room in the right corner."
       Donghae made way up to his room, not even caring if Sungmin would get mad at him for letting Kyuhyun sleep over. As the eldest closed his room door, Kyuhyun took out his phone dialing his parents number telling them to bring him extra clothes for the night. He locked his phone and laid onto the couch once again, taking in what the other had said. 
      The front door opened, surprising the young male who laid lifeless on the sofa. 
 
"Oh. Kyuhyun it's a surprise to see you here. Are you waiting for Donghae." Mr.Lee asked. 
 
"Actually Donghae asked me to sleep over. I hope that's alright with you." 
 
"Yes of course. Make yourself at home, you can tidy up in a room upstairs. I'll go tell Mrs.Lee you're staying over."
 
"Thank you sir please excuse me." He made way upstairs, at the top he heard yelling in the room in the right corner. Curiosity took over as he came closer to hear the conversation. 
 
"HAE! I'm seriously going to kill you. You know about what's going on, why are you making it so difficult on me." 
 
'Isn't that Sungmin's voice?'
 
"Min. I'm sorry okay. He's hurt I can't just leave him like that."
 
"And you think I'm not the one hurting. I'M THE ONE WHO WAS REJECTED." 
 
"Look. I'll make it up for you, I promise. I'm sorry Sungmin."
 
'Sungmin?!'
 
Kyuhyun couldn't believe it. Was Sungmin really only a door away? He grabbed the door handle shaking it, unable to get in because of its lock. The yelling on the other side stopped. The two Lee's looked around trying to find a space for Sungmin to hide in, but nothing was available. There was only the closet but all of Sungmin's clothes and junk occupied it, and the bed was to low to hide under. It was useless. 
 
"Lee Sungmin. I know you're in 
there."
___________________
Hello lovelies. Mianhae for the icky update. Right now I'm beyond busy, May is my busiest month, but I'll try to update weekly! Oh  and silent readers let me hear your voices c: Until next time <3