Chapter 1

Do You Remember

"No please not our son. N-not Sungmin" Mrs. Lee cried out hugging her only son, shaking in her husband's arms. Mr. Cho was there in their home again. 

 
"Look it's either your son or you can say goodbye to everything you love" Mr. Cho turned around and began to destroy the house, soon what looked like a warm family room turned into a piece of hell.  He then took out a small pocket knife and inched closer to the family in the corner. 
 
"One last chance. You have had this debt for over a year I want my money Lee." 
 
"W-we don't have the money Cho. B-but w-we will sell our son to you" Mr. Lee said out loud chocking on his words. 
 
"N-NO ANYTHING BUT SUNGMIN ..... not not Sungmin" Mrs. Lee began to cry harder than before. Hugging her son closer to her body trying to calm herself down. 
 
"Alright, give me the damn kid." Mr. Cho took hold of Sungmin's arm and pulled him away, dragging him outside the door and towards the black car in front of them.
 
    "OMMA A-APPA!" Sungmin yelled out trying to free himself from Mr. Cho's grip.  Mr and Mrs Lee quickly ran out the door to see their son for the last time. 
"Sungmin! Omma and Appa love you very much okay ! We promise we'll get you back. " Mr. Lee yelled out, but all he saw was Sungmin and the tears falling down his face as he was pushed into the car. 
It was already 9 o'clock when they drove back to Mr  Cho's home. The light sound of rain could be heard tapping on the car wishing to get in. Sungmin's silent sobs can be heard along with the rain but nothing louder than the sound of a mere whisper. 
 
"Look kid, it's simple." Mr. Cho says breaking the silence. He inched closer to Sungmin and held him close. 
"I'm no bad guy alright, and when your parents are able to buy you back I'll give you to them. But right now you have one task. " Sungmin sniffled and sat patiently and quietly for him to continue. "All you have to do is befriend my little twerp of a son. Alright?"
 
    "T-that's a-all?" Sungmin asked between his hiccups. 
"That's all for now." Mr. Cho stepped out of the car holding Sungmin's hand leading him towards his house. The house was much bigger than his, inside was just as beautiful as he thought it was. 
 
"Here is your room. Sungmin is it? Anyway I decided that besides befriending my son I want you to also help the maids around the house ok. " Mr.Cho called over one of his servants. 
 
"Yunho. I want you to take Sungmin to Kyuhyun's room. Then take him around the house and introduce him to all the maids. " Mr. Cho left leaving the two alone. Sungmin began to shake making Yunho worry, he bent down to the same level as Sungmin and hugged him. 
"It's okay Sungmin. Look how about we rest first and then tomorrow I'll introduce you to Kyuhyun okay?"
 
"Okay. B-but I'm hungry mister. "
 
"Alright. Let's go get you something to eat then. " Yunho took hold of Sungmin's hand and led him into the kitchen. The kitchen was empty but a faint smell can be smelled throughout the house. 
 
"Hey. Tae you in here. " Yunho called out. But nothing replied back to him. "Wait here okay Sungmin. Let me go find our chef." Yunho was about to leave when Sungmin grabbed his pants keeping him from walking away. 
 
"It's okay mister. I can make something myself. " Sungmin let go of the pants and walked into the kitchen. He walked towards the refrigerator but was to short to reach the handle. 
 
"Mister can you get me an egg?" 
Yunho chuckled slightly and opened the refrigerator and grab an egg, he bent down and held the egg out towards Sungmin. 
 
"Can you really cook this egg Sungmin?" He asked. Sungmin tried to grab the egg but missed when Yunho pulled it away. 
 
"Yes mister. My mommy taught me how to cook because daddy is always hungry." Sungmin nodded and gave Yunho the puppy eyes indicating that he wanted the egg. 
 
"Ok. Prove it to me. Do you need anything else." 
 
"Yes mister. I need the big round black thingy to put on the hot thingy."  
 
"A pan? Alright then. " Yunho pulled out a pan from the cabinet and placed it on the stove. He took a small stool and placed it in front of the stove for Sungmin to stand on. 
 
"Here you go. Now be careful I shouldn't be letting you do this but I can't cook." 
"Thank you mister. " Sungmin turned around and began making his dinner. Yunho sat in fascination as Sungmin cooked everything perfectly. 
 
"OH . YUNHO WHY IS THERE A KID AT THE STOVE." Taeyeon came in surprised seeing a 9 year old in front of her stove. 
"Shh relax Tae. This kid could come in handy in the future." Taeyeon looked over to Sungmin and saw that nothing was on fire. 
 
"Mister. Can you get me a bowl of rice." 
Yunho stood up and got the rice and placed it so that Sungmin can pour the egg on top. 
 
"Wow Sungmin this looks good." Yunho complimented. 
   
"But it's not done yet." Sungmin quickly replied as he walked over to the refrigerator telling Yunho a list of what he needed. After gathering all the ingredients Sungmin made a sauce in which he poured over the egg and rice. 
 
"Hi Mrs. " Sungmin waved over to Taeyeon who was still surprised. "Would you like to try some?" Yunho came over and took a bite. 
 
   "Tae. Try it, it's pretty good." Taeyeon maker her way over and took a bite. She herself was surprised, she pulled Yunho into the corner away from Sungmin. 
 
"Who the hell is this kid?" 
 
"Boss said his parents sold him so they could pay off their debt." Yunho said looking over to Sungmin who was enjoying his food. 
 
"Poor kid. How old is he. " Tae asked feeling pity for the young boy. 
 
"He's 9. Boss is making him befriend Kyuhyun and help around the house. I'm introducing him to everyone tomorrow."
 
"I see. Aww this little cutie has to befriend the little brat." 
 
"Yeah. But it's said that his parents might be able to buy him back in a couple of years. "
 
"Alright. Yunho I think you should take him to bed. It's been a long day for him. I'll talk to you after I finish up around here."
Yunho made his way back to Sungmin and helped him wash the dishes. He brought Sungmin up to his room and helped him change out of his clothes and into pajamas. He tucked him in and was about to leave. 
 
"Mister. " 
 
"Yes Sungmin. "
 
"What's your name?" Yunho chuckled at the question and came closer to the bed. 
"You can call me Yunho hyung. " He bent down and kissed Sungmin on the forehead. 
 
"Yunho hyung. Can you read me a bed time story?"
 
"Of course." Yunho told him a story in which had a happily ever after ending. When he saw that Sungmin fell asleep, he snuck out and went to Kyuhyun's room. He stayed outside debating to go on or not. 
 
   "You better treat Sungmin right you twerp."