Chapter 2

Do You Remember

 

"O-OMMA!" It was 3:30 in the morning when Yunho heard screaming from the room across. He ran over to Sungmin's room seeing him shake in his sleep. 
 
"Shh Sungmin. I'm here. Yunho hyung is here. " Yunho came over cradling Sungmin, and sang him a lullaby which seemed to calm Sungmin down. He decided to sleep in Sungmin's room for the time remaining, cradling him in his arms as he sang to him. 
 
Yunho woke up and looked to the bed stand seeing that it was already 6:30. He stood up and gently tucked Sungmin in then made his way to his own room. He quickly took a shower and got dressed then made it downstairs for breakfast. 
 
"Good morning sir." Yunho greeted as he quickly say down in front of Mr. Cho. 
 
"Your late today Yunho."
 
"I'm sorry sir. "  He hung his head in shame as he quietly ate. 
 
"Care to explain why. " 
 
"Yes sir. Last night Sungmin was having nightmares so I decided to sleep with him to calm him down, but I forgot there wasn't an alarm in his room and I over slept."
 
"Alright. I understand. What's the schedule for today. "
'W-what that's it ?' Yunho thought to himself surprised he wasn't getting scolded. 
 
"U-uh. Today you have two meetings with Mr. Fugiyoshi and Mr. Aino."  
 
"Ok. Did you introduce Sungnin to Kyuhyun yet. "
 
"No not yet sir. He had a hard day yesterday so I decided to introduce him to Kyuhyun today."
 
"I understand. When he wakes up let him eat and then introduce them. " Mr. Cho stood up signaling his secretary to get ready to leave. 
"And Yunho. I want him to be awake by 6 okay. "
 
"Yes sir I understand. " Mr. Cho left leaving Yunho alone at the table.  
 
" 6 ! I can't believe he's going to make a poor innocent child wake up that early. " Taeyeon came out of the kitchen putting a plate of pancakes on the table for the young ones. 
 
"Yunho hyung."Sungmin  came down the stairs rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. 
 
"Yes Sungmin. " Yunho stood up and carried Sungmin to sit next to him. 
 
"Can I have some pancakes?" Sungmin asked pointing at the pile of pancakes in the middle of the table. 
 
"Yeah. Of course. How many do you want." 
 
"Two !" Yunho grabbed to pancakes and placed it on Sungmin's plate, pouring a decent amount of syrup on it. 
 
"Yunho. Is the little brat awake yet." Taeyeon rested her body against the frame of the kitchen door waving her spatula in the air. 
 
"Nah. Not yet. I'm not ready for him to torture Sungmin yet." Yunho replied looking down to Sungmin. 
 
"Don't worry hyung. He won't 'torture' me. Because I'm so sweet and adorable. " Sungmin looked up at Yunho taking his two index fingers and poking his cheeks. 
 
"Yes you are." Yunho pinched his cheeks and stood up to go wake up the twerp. "Tae. Look after Sungmin for me. " He went up stairs and into Kyuhyun's room, which was covered in his games. 
 
"Kyuhyun it's time to wake up." Shaking Kyuhyun slightly, Yunho sighed when the boy didn't move.
"Here we go. Again. "
Pulling the sheets off of Kyuhyun's body he tugged on the 8 year olds' arm pulling him up from the bed. 
 
"Why. Do. We. Have. To. Go. Through. This. Every. Morning." 
 
"Yahhhh hyunggg. Let me go. I want to sleep." Kyuhyun mumbled as he fell back onto the bed grabbing the sheets that were tossed onto the ground. 
 
"No Kyuhyun. You have to wake up. You're going to be late for school." Yunho pulled the sheets off again this time pushing Kyuhyun off the bed and onto the pile of sheets on the ground. 
 
"HYUUUNG! " 
'That little brat. ' Yunho thought. Wanting to yell something back but calmed down enough not to. 
 
"Good your awake. Now go get ready. " Making his way out the door, Yunho fixed up his suit and went to go sit down next to Sungmin again. 
 
"Seriously. The kid is only 8. And he's such a pain. Sungmin if he ever hurts you tell hyung okay." Yunho grabbed onto Sungmin's cheeks pinching them, then pulling him into a bear hug. 
 
"N-ne hyung. B-but hyung. "
 
"Yes my precious Sungmin."
 
"I-I can't breathe."
"Oh. Hyung is sorry. " 
 
"Yah. Yunho hyung who is he." Kyuhyun came downstairs to only see his hyung hugging some kid. 
 
"Yah. Respect your elders and this  little cutie here is Sungmin. "
 
'Sungmin. Ew to cute. ' Kyuhyun thought as he sat down across from Sungmin eyeing Yunho as he fed him pancakes. 
'Hmph. Who needs Yunho hyung anyway.'
 
"Kyuhyun say hello to Sungmin he's going to be staying here from now on so I want you guys to be friends." Yunho said after a while of silence. 
 
"Hi. I'm Sungmin. Nice to meet you." Sungmin smiled while waving to Kyuhyun from across the table. 
 
"Heh. I'm Kyuhyun. " Kyuhyun scoffed. 
 
"Kyuhyun be nice he's your hyung.  And hurry up and eat your going to be late for school." 
 
Kyuhyun stood up and made way to his room to grab his back pack. He came down stairs again and said good bye to all the maids, he looked back wondering why Yunho wasn't following. 
 
"Hyung aren't you coming along." Kyuhyun asked. 
 
"Not today Kyuhyun. Mr. Kim  will be going with you. I need to show Sungmin around today. I'll come tomorrow."
 
"Oh. Okay then hyung. See you soon." Kyuhyun left the house, slightly disappointed that his hyung wasn't coming with him. 
 
"Let's go Sungmin I want you to meet everybody." Yunho picked Sungmin up and ordered everyone to line up. 
 
"First, our maids. This is Shin Hye, Krystal, Avery, and Dasom." The four maids waved to Sungmin saying things like 'He's so cute' and 'Omo what a cutie pie.'
 
"Hi! I'm Sungmin!" 
 
"Okay. These are our kitchen staff. You know Taeyeon noona already right." 
 
"Yes hyung. She's reeaally pretty."
 
"I know. Anyway this is Soyu, Jiyeon, Eric and Hoya. If you are hungry ask them for food okay Sungmin. "
 
"Ne hyung. " Sungmin looked around memorizing the new people. 
 
"Tae. Where is everyone else." Yunho whispered. 
 
"They're out today. Boss wanted them to go do something." 
 
"Alright then. Sungmin let's go upstairs. I need to ask you some things." 
 
"Yes hyung. Let's gooooo~" Sungmin took Yunho's hand and dragged him upstairs and into his room.
 
"Okay hyung. Ask me. Ask me things." Sungmin bounced on the bed, the sugar from the maple syrup kicking in. 
 
"Sungmin sit down." Yunho grabbed him and sat him on his lap. 
 
"Ok first. Sungmin do you go to school." 
 
" Mommy and daddy didn't have money to send me to school." Sungmin said as he began to play with his fingers.  
 
"Oh. I see. Sungmin how are you so smart then."
 
"Mommy and daddy teach me. Mommy like to teach me about food and the house. Daddy teach me about speaking and spelling."
 
Yunho nodded, listening to the younger responses. 
" Sungmin do you love mommy and daddy. "
 
"Yes! I love them this much. " Sungmin opened his arms showing the amount of love for his parents. It hurt Yunho to know that the young boy was taken away from his parents. 
 
It was 3:00 in the afternoon when a little Kyuhyun came through the door. 
 
"Noona! I want grill cheese. Send it to my room okay." Kyuhyun ran upstairs and quickly pulled out his Nintendo DS, until he saw that Sungmin was sitting on his bed. 
 
"What are you doing in my room." Kyuhyun said aloud pointing at Sungmin straight in the face. 
 
"Yunho hyung said we should become friends." Sungmin said as he jumped off the bed and closer to Kyuhyun. 
 
"I don't want to be your friend." Kyuhyun simply said. He walked around Sungmin and jumped into his bed continuing his games. 
 
"Please can we at least try to be friends. I want Yunho hyung to be happy." 
 
"No."
 
"But why?" 
 
"You took Yunho hyung away from me."  Sungmin felt bad. He didn't mean to take Yunho hyung away from Kyuhyun. 
 
"I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry." Sungmin began to cry. Kyuhyun didn't know what to do. How was he suppose to know how to stop someone from crying. 
 
"H-hey. D-don't cry."It was awkward for Kyuhyun and hearing Sungmin cry he wanted to cry himself, but instead he gave Sungmin a hug. 
 
"Please. Don't cry Sungminnie hyung." That made Sungmin feel better, Kyuhyun was warm really warm. And Sungmin liked it. 
 
"K-K-Kyuhyunnie c-can w-we please be f-friends." His hiccups were back and it made Kyuhyun laugh. 
 
"Y-yah why are you laughing." 
 
"Hyung. You hiccuped." Kyuhyun's laugh made Sungmin wan to laugh which he did. 
 
"So can we be friends?" 
 
"Ok we can try to be friends." Kyuhyun finally said. Finally they can be friends.