The Past.

Unspoken Words

A/N: I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE FOREVER OMG MY LIFE WAS A MESS I HOPE YOU DON'T HATE ME OMG I'M REALLY SORRY GFJSKFGSKLDHFKSDLJKGSLKDGKJ //CRIESSSSSS
Okay now that that's out of the way, here's a new chapter..I hope it kinda makes up a bit foe the long absence. ><

 

After that rather perfect but weird night, it was an incredibly anti-Seunghyun day. I felt like the whole universe was conspiring against me and I was not put together at all, I had mini bags under my eyes, I was hungry, gross, and all around pissed off. It'd all started with my hair. My alarm clock had decided to be a that morning and didn't go off until I was supposed to be at work in twenty minutes so I barely had any time to shower, therefore making my hair unable to go into the spikey, perfect state I usually had time to put it in. As a last ditch effort, I just pulled it back but I'd gotten it cut and it kept falling out into my eyes.

On my way to work some cut me off on the highway and had the balls so flick me off when I was just trying to get to work, so that certainly didn't help. Then the next thing I knew, I was caught in the middle of a huge traffic jam that made me even later than before, and when I finally got to work neither Bom nor Seungri were even there yet. Once Seungri finally showed up, he was in such a happy mood that not only didn't it rub off on me, but it just counteracted everything and made me even more grumpy. Why the hell is he so happy? Can't he see people's mood? I feel like I'm like that gumpy dwarf from Snow White..or that grumpy Smurf..is there even a grumpy smurf? this is just making me grumpier.

"Sorry for the lateness," he said flippantly. "There was a big jam on the interstate."

"There always is," I grumbled, watching as he slid behind the bar and started getting things ready for the onslaught of costumers that was sure to show up. He turned his golden eyes to look at me and tilted his head. Bom strolled in almost silently, her heels clicking on the hard floor.

"Hey, you're hair looks less gay like that," Seungri said to me, flicking my ponytail. I smacked his hand away. "You almost look like Johnny Depp."

"Mm.."

"What's the matter with you?" he asked with a smirk. "Is it that time of the month?"

I didn't bother commenting on the fact that I was just gay, not a woman. "No, Seungri."

"Well you're being a little ."

I knew I was acting like a moody teenager, but in my aforementioned moody state of mind, I refused to believe such a thing. "No. I'm not."

Bom was walking behind us and decided to add in her two cents. "Yes, you are."

"I'm just in a bad mood, okay?" I snapped at both of them, causing immediate silence.

Bom raised her eyebrows and clicked away to the other side of the bar to where her station was, but Seungri leaned in a little closer to me and almost looked concerned. "Are you and Jiyong fighting?" His voice was quieter than it had been before, though it didn't help to calm me down in the least.

"No."

"Alright, sorry I asked." The boy walked away then and I would've felt bad if I wasn't being such a 'little .'

The rest of the night and early morning went on much like that, with me being irritable and moody, not interacting with costumers like I usually did, and being an all-around . The underlying cause of my awful mood was the fact that my parents had been brought up the night before and, although the topic hardly affected me anymore, it still upset me to even think about, especially when I was close to telling my boyfriend of one month all about it.

Jiyong definitely deserved to know about what happened to them, but I didn't really want to tell anyone. It'd taken a long time just for me to tell Dae and Bom… In retrospect, I may have been blowing the whole thing out of proportion, but I always got pity from anyone I told and that's not what I wanted. It happened so long ago that I'd gotten the pitiful looks and shoulder pats I'd wanted and then I just preferred people to leave it alone, forget it happened. Even I forgot it happened sometimes.

Though I was dreading having to explain anything to him, as soon as I saw Jiyong walk in the bar my mood brightened, if only a little. He gave me a very sweet, chaste kiss and it was so nice to know that we weren't receiving any looks or derogatory calls from anyone around us. They were too busy drinking. However, Seungri was looking at us from across the bar, an amused look on his face. I wanted to know what was so funny to him but I left it alone.

Jiyong sat down in his usual spot as I took care of a few straggling costumers before I brought him to the back room. It was pretty nicely decorated, with a big enough TV, vending machine, futon, the usual things you'd find in the back room of a local bar. I flicked the television on mostly for the distraction but Jiyong got right to the point.

Seunghyun, you really don't have to tell me if it's uncomfortable.

No, you deserve to know.

We both took a seat on the futon and I bit my lip, hesitating before beginning the long spiel that had to do with my parents. I was close to not telling him at all and just giving up.

They didn't want me, you know. I was their mistake.

It was kind of a long story and I didn't go into details very much; I sort of just typed away at my phone while Jiyong sat there patiently, watching my fingers move.

I explained to him how my parents were never really my 'parents.' They were just people who lived in my house and occasionally fed me so they wouldn't get busted for child neglect. Sometimes I'd come home from school and there'd be no one else in the house, and it would stay that way for days at a time. My dad would be gone for months and would come back for a while, usually drunk, just to slap us around. They were both under the impression that everything was my fault but my mom got knocked up at seventeen and it went from there.

Once I got home after school and no one was there so I figured they were going to be out for a while… but then I looked around a little harder and found that my mother had hung herself in her bedroom. I called the police because even though she was never the mom everyone else had, she was closer to me than my father was, by just enough to matter. Unfortunately, my dad showed up, completely hammered, and of course blamed it on me. In his drunken state, he tried to drown me in the pool but the police were already there about my mom and they took him down.

I didn't have some immense fear of water, or anything; I'd gone through the years of hell following that and survived everything. I went through my foster homes and my therapy sessions and my mental breakdowns, but I was a stronger person because of it. It was almost like Jiyong and being deaf- he didn't want pity or worthlessness, he is strong, after all.

I watched Jiyong’s face the entire time he was reading my ridiculously long message and saw the way his eyes started sparkling more and more throughout the text. He was close to tears when he looked up at me and quite frankly, so was I. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be to tell him but it still hurt somewhere deep inside me to live it all over again.

Seunghyun, I'm so sorry.

That's what I was expecting. That's what I always got when I told someone. A sorry, a pitiful glance, it was simply human nature to do that.

Jiyong leaned forward and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling my body flush against his. I welcomed the warmth from him and let myself relax in his arms; I'd been pretty tense when he was reading it for fear of something I wasn't totally sure of.

Thank you for telling me.

I trust you.

He kissed me on my cheekbone, right underneath my eye, and I didn't realize I had been crying until Jiyong's lips came away slightly wet. Using the sleeve of his worn out hoodie, he wiped away the other few tears I'd actually let fall. Crying in front of him felt weird, I didn't like crying, but he was being very genuine and sincere, just like I thought he would.

I didn't have any makeup that I needed to fix and Seungri said he had everything under control, so Jiyong and I got comfortable on the futon and I almost smiled when he put the TV on What Not To Wear, turning the subtitles on.

You know, Ga-In threatened to put me on this show one time.

But you look so cute in your sweaters…

Well she doesn't think so.

I chuckled a little and felt better after a few minutes of cuddling with Jiyong on the couch, listening to the fashion don'ts on the TV show while he read them. Maybe I didn't know it right then, but I was pretty sure I loved him, at least in that moment. I told him something not many people knew about me, something that made me cry in front of him, and within minutes he had me almost forgetting about it and giggling. All he had to do was be himself and I felt better. I wanted to do the same thing for him one day.

It was sometime around two in the morning that we fell asleep after I threw a blanket over us and turned the volume on the TV down a little. Thoughts of going home, feeding Chairman, leaving at all were lost to me and taken over by Jiyong. The back room was cold and having a gorgeous, warm, boyfriend to snuggle up against me was very welcoming.

I guess we were both sleepier than we thought we were because by the time we woke up it was almost afternoon. Seungri had come into work early and found us asleep on the couch, with a blanket pulled up so far you couldn't tell if we had clothes on. It was only natural that he freaked out.

"Seunghyun, what the hell?" he shouted, causing me to jump awake. Because I jumped, Jiyong jumped, and we both sprang up from the couch, confused and bleary-eyed.

"Seungri, calm down," I started.

"What the are you doing?" he interrupted. "You said you wouldn't do this."

I had to tell him that we just fell asleep multiple times before he actually calmed down and told us that if he ever caught us back here again he was going to skin me alive. Jiyong was flushed, probably with embarrassment, but I could also tell that he was trying not to laugh by the way he was biting his lip.

I'm sure we would all laugh about it later. Maybe.

 

 

A/N: So I know it's kinda iffy and SHORT, but now you know a bit more about Seunghyun..and the usual fluffy thoughts of Seunghyun about Jiyong...and Riri's forever protectiveness of Ji. I hope that makes up for something ><

Andddd the next chapter will be up in a few hours. (: