Awkward Day.

Unspoken Words

A/N: I'm determined to update like this from now on - often. Pray for me that I don't get stuck or too busy. haha And thanks for the welcome backs and comments guys. I love you alllllll~~~ <33333

 

Although I really would have liked to stay with Jiyong all day, lounging on the couch doing less than nothing, I had work in the afternoon and had to reluctantly pull away from his warm body to get ready. Jiyong just smiled at me and stretched on the couch, reminding me so much of Charlie, I had to grin.

After putting on acceptable clothing, and fixing myself so I didn't look like I had just had with my boyfriend, I gave Jiyong a quick kiss goodbye, letting him know that he could stay there as long as he wanted to while I was gone. He smiled warmly at me and the kiss he gave me was going to be more than enough to get me through the rest of the day.

I was driving idly in my car, listening to some ty pop song on the radio that I actually loved when my brain suddenly rewound all the way to the night before then proceeded to replay it before my eyes. I had been so busy enjoying Jiyong that I had completely forgotten about Jiyong talking. The revelation almost caused me to swerve out of my lane, but I caught myself before I let my love life cause a twenty car pileup on the highway.

He had spoken the night before; it hadn't just been my imagination, though it had a tendency to run wild when it came to Jiyong. His lips and his tongue and his mouth had worked together to do something even more amazing than they usually did and words came out. I love you, he had said, out loud, directed at me, as we were lying together after the first time we made love.

I almost started crying in the middle of the highway.

And although I was proud and amazed and shocked and all of those other things I couldn't help but wonder how he had learned. Or maybe he always knew how to speak properly, but was too embarrassed because of the odd but very endearing accent he had? I wondered if he had a coach or a class he went to like I did and why he finally decided to say something to me. Did anyone else know? Seungri? Ga-In? His parents? Did he keep it a secret or does he chat with everyone else and just wasn't comfortable enough with me to say anything until the night before?

I sighed as I pulled into the parking lot of the bar, confused and a little upset, maybe kind of hurt, but mostly curious. There was a rather loud and obnoxious personal debate going on inside my head about whether or not I should bring up the topic with Seungri. I didn't want to reveal something about Jiyong he'd kept a secret but not knowing was awful.

After sitting in the parking lot by myself for a good fifteen minutes, I ultimately decided against bringing anything up with Seungri. I figured I'd just take a few minutes to talk to Jiyong himself when I got off of work. It wouldn't be right for me to let loose that kind of information. I sighed again and got out of the car, speed walking to the bar and finding Seungri already there. He had probably shown up while I was dicking around in my car. He gave me a welcoming grunt as I entered and I returned it, adding a slight nod to change it up a bit.

"Hey is Jiyong still at your house?" he asked a little suddenly, although I wasn't exactly surprised. He almost always asked whose house Jiyong was at. I was never sure why.

"Yeah…"

He nodded slowly and went back to messing with one of the beer nozzles as I went about cleaning things and scouring together the last of the peanuts to set out for hungry bar-goers. I felt his eyes on me for a few minutes until I finally snapped towards him. He made a weird snorting laugh sound and grinned at me.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"You look like ." He chuckled at me and I kind of just deadpanned, staring at him with a blank look. Half of my brain was still focused on Jiyong and the whole situation surrounding him, while the other half of my brain didn't give a what Seungri was saying, although I ran a somewhat self-conscious hand through my hair.

"Had a long night," I said, drowsy. Getting up at three in the morning to eat breakfast was coming back to kick me in the .

"Oh really?" he asked. "Finally get it in then?"

He was joking. I knew he was joking, because he always asked about it, every time I brought Jiyong up. I was actually used to it, it was a constant thing, but I always wondered why he was so interested in my life. It wasn't even mine, really, it was Jiyong's. And I laughed at him for a solid minute because this time I actually had slept with Jiyong and it was all so ridiculous that he had to question me about it that I couldn't help laughing.

I got an eyebrow raise in return and a small glare.

"Yeah, actually," I said. "Even though it's none of your business."

"Wait, what?"

I just shook my head, kind of smiling at the memory. "It doesn't really concern you, does it?"

"Yes it does, he's my brother." I felt a smack on my arm. "You ing slept with him?"

"That's what I just said!" I exclaimed, exasperated. "And I'll repeat this- it's none of your business." The words didn't faze him, he just kept ranting.

"Seunghyun, what the hell! I told you to wait!"

My eyes narrowed in his direction. "I did wait," I said loudly. "For six months."

"That's not-"

"Why do you need to know anyway?" I interrupted, basically spitting the question at him. "It's not your relationship; I don't understand why you feel the need to constantly ask me things about it. I get that he's your brother and you want to protect him or whatever in this backwards way you always do, but it's getting stupid. And honestly a little creepy."

"Jesus, come on," he groaned. "You know Jiyong, you know how he is, he's gonna get attached to you now that you two have…" The sentence died off while Seungri made an awkward motion with his hands.

"Jiyong and I are both adults who make our own decisions, in case you forgot. We weren't drunk or some other , it was completely consensual, and you're freaking out about it! Why is this such a big deal to you?"

He slammed his hands down on the bar, the sound of skin to wood contact echoing through the room. "Because it's exactly what Youngbae did!"

My retort, whatever it was going to be, disappeared and I paused to look at him. "What?"

"He and Youngbae just ing jumped right into bed the first chance they got and you know how well that ended! Youngbae used him for the sake of using someone, the pathetic bastard, and Jiyong got hurt because of it, he was ing crushed okay? He's… he's sensitive and fragile and sometimes I swear he's my ing sister, and when it comes to relationships he falls harder and faster than most people."

"I didn't-"

"And I swear to god, Seunghyun, if he gets his heart broken again, I will actually ing kill you."

The sudden change in his mood caught me off guard; the violent over-protective brother side of him wasn't something I was used too.

"I'm not using him for anything, and the fact that you would assume I am is ridiculous," I said. "I would never purposely do that to him, or anything like that."

"I know that, I'm just…" He shook his head and went back to angrily putting away glasses and cleaning things up.

"Over-protective," I finished for him.

He glared at me but didn't comment on it, just sort of exhaled and turned away again. "After seeing how ed up Youngbae left him I wanted to murder the guy-"

"Obviously."

A martini glass nearly broke as he threw it into the sink. "And I know you're both adults and , but can you really blame me?"

"Not… really."

"Yeah that's what I thought."

I was quiet for a moment. "I can't believe you actually thought I'd use him for something." He didn't respond or stop his cleaning so I continued. "I love him more than anything, you know that." Nothing. "Haven't you ever had someone like that? Someone you love too much to ever hurt?"

He sighed and turned around to face me, though his eyes were to the ceiling and his lips were pursed. "I have to admit, I'm basically the same way with Chaerin."

"Mmmmhm."

"And I know it's ing cheesy but I do love her."

I just raised an eyebrow and grinned. Seungri was full of weird not-Seungri personalities and it seemed like I was seeing all of them that day.

A silence fell over the two of us, both of us thinking of our respective partners. I was particularly thinking about the night before and found myself smiling, only to see that Seungri was too.

And it was ing weird.

I cleared my throat awkwardly. "So, we're like… all good then?"

"Huh?" He looked at me, had been staring at some space behind me before, and blinked a few times. "Oh, yeah, it's-"

"So you're not-?"

"Nah, I just-"

"And you won't-"

"Not anymore, no."

"So everything's just-

"Yeah, sorry for like…"

"It's fine."

The amount of awkward had been amped up to the point where I thought I was going to choke on it, so I let my eyes wander around the room until they landed on the door to the back. I sort of pointed to it. "I'm just gonna…"

He nodded once, quickly. "Yeah…"

I nodded too and awkwardly slunk into the back room, closing the door and sitting down on the couch so I could text Jiyong to see if he'd be there when I got home. After he said he would be I set my phone down and ran my fingers through my hair. It'd been a weird day.

________________________________________

At ten thirty that night, I was standing outside the door to my own apartment, struggling to get the goddamned keys in the stupid tiny keyhole. My eyes were foggy and my hands weren't working right, not to mention my stomach kept yelling at me every few seconds.

The whole day had been atrociously long and incredibly boring, with little touches of awkward interactions with Seungri and a copious amount of Jiyong on my mind. I texted him in-between costumers, wondering if it would be clingy of me to ask him to stop by even though I'd been with him the whole day before that. I decided it was.

Jiyong was still there when I finally got the door open, seated on the couch with my dog, just like he said he'd be. He didn't notice me come in, even though I stumbled and nearly fell on my face. He just continued petting Charlie and smiling softly at a silent program on the TV.

Being the sneaky bastard that I was, I decided to sneak up and surprise him a little. With my coat thoroughly tossed into a rumpled pile on an armchair and my shoes abandoned near the door, I swiftly walked toward Jiyong and got my arms around his chest from behind, hugging him backwards over the back of the couch.

He didn't even jump, much to my dismay, just turned his head to look at me and kissed my cheek, smiling in a way that should've been illegal. I felt him turn in my arms and he suddenly got taller. Upon further inspection, I saw that he was on his knees on the couch cushions, hugging me tightly with the piece of furniture between us, while Charlie barked unhappily from the floor he was unceremoniously pushed onto. Jiyong kissed me again, sweetly, and then leaned back to smile at me, tumble-rolling off the couch a second later to get his phone off the coffee table. I felt my pocket buzz.

How was work?

I smiled at the domesticity of it all, and sent him a rather long and strongly worded story of how some drunkard managed to spill three beers and nearly cause a bar brawl. I went to change into something that wasn't skin tight jeans while he was reading it, coming back to a ‘Did you kick him out?’

Of course. But only after he caused an issue.

The woes of being a bar manager.

I smiled at him before going to search the kitchen for some sort of nutritious supplement. He flashed a grin my way.

So what'd you do today?

I went to the grocery store since there was no food here. And I hung out with Ga-In for a little while. Oh and she wants to know what hairspray you use.

Tell her it's French.

Of course it is.

As I was rummaging through the fridge for something to make, admiring how much food Jiyong bought, I heard his soft footsteps coming my way. Pale arms and warm hands gripping a white smartphone came into my view, wrapping around my waist as a chin settled on my shoulder. Jiyong typed out his message for me right there, not bothering to actually send it when I could see it so well.

By the way, I made you dinner :)

I used his phone to reply.

Aw, thank you babe

He kissed the back of my jaw, right behind my ear, and unwrapped himself from me to find a bowl of chicken parmesan in the fridge that he handed to me.

You might have to heat it up though.

I gave him kisses as thank you's and grabbed a fork for the dinner he made for me, the sweet thing. The bowl he gave me was still warm; it obviously hadn't been in the fridge for very long and I wondered if he made it right when I told him I was on my way home. Whenever it was made, it was delicious.

While I was stuffing my face, I watched Jiyong watch Charlie, asleep on the floor, with a thoughtful look. Then he suddenly had the sketchbook that was always around and a pencil in his hand, furiously sketching the napping feline. By the time I was done eating and putting away the dishes, he was down drawing and I had a sketch of my own dog held up in front of me as soon as I sat on the couch.

The drawing of Charlie was pretty spot on, getting the fur right and the paws realistic. The coffee table and the TV were even in the drawing, and I almost felt like I was looking at a graphite colored picture. The only odd thing was the pointy hat on his head. I laughed and got my phone out again.

Why did you give him a party hat?

Jiyong thought for a moment then just shrugged, handing me the picture. It was really quite cute, Charlie in a party hat. I made a mental note of it.

This is precious.

'Thank you,' he signed. It was one of the few phrases he knew I could understand

And so are you.

He flushed a light pink and I just had to kiss his cheeks. And his forehead. And his nose. And his mouth. And his mouth again. And then again. And then he was lying down and I was on top of him, kiss after kiss after kiss. His hands were on the small of my back, right where it curved, his fingers sneaking underneath my shirt. I curled my fingers into his hair, which I noticed smelled like something fruity and was a little damp.

It wasn't long before Jiyong started making those wonderful noises in the back of his throat, tiny things that were barely sounds, but in our close proximity I could hear them perfectly. The memory of our rather busy time the night before came into my mind and I smiled against his lips.

My train of thought came to a screeching halt and caught on fire when I remembered what else happened that night. Jiyong talked, he spoke to me, it was clearly him, and I'd been so distracted by work and my need for food and Jiyong's cuteness that I forgot he spoke to me.

I started pulling away immediately, only to have him try to kiss me again. It was when I started patting his chest and sitting up that he gave up and looked at me with a confused expression.

"You talked last night," I said, making sure he could see my lips. "You said you love me…"

 

 

 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed that and comments/upvotes/subscribes are deeply appreciated. hehe ^^ and I've got like 99 subscribers to this now, yayyy! Just 1 more to a hundred, omgggg thank you guys so much!

LOVE LOVE LOVE TO ALL OF YOU~