First Dance.

Unspoken Words

A/N: As promised, another chapter~ haha Actually wanted to post this earlier, but got caught up in my feels for DLive in Osaka and then there was that GTOP heaven for GDWT Jakarta Day 1. >< hehe Anyways, enjoy~

 

I was hoping that Jiyong would be able to stop by that evening, even though I'd spent a good twenty-four hours with him, it was never enough. My hope was crushed at around nine as I received his text saying that he had a ty headache and was just going to go to bed early. Jiyong absolutely despised having a headache, or being sick at all. It reminded him of the illness that took his hearing away and whenever his immune system was being lazy, all he'd want to do was sleep.

Oh, I'm sorry baby :( I hope you feel better.

Thanks Seunghyun, goodnight.

Goodnight, love you.

Love you more.

I was kind of bummed out that I wouldn't get to cuddle him until the next day. , stop being so clingy. Get your head straight. You’re not a prepubescent girl. I thought to himself. I'd rather have him be healthy and happy than sick and tired anyway.

For the rest of the night, I sort of milled around and chatted with some of our regular customers, occasionally sneaking a beer from behind me. It's not like anything could stop me from doing that, I did own the place after all. The night continued pretty normally, that is until a short blonde asked for a fruity drink that was hardly ever ordered. From the description Seungri had given me – long, blond hair, feline like face, nice body – the girl must've been Chaerin.

As I was handing her the cherry drink, she asked if Seungri was here and I knew it was her. Even though he told me not to embarrass him, I decided to have a little fun with her.

"Yeah, he's here," I said, glancing over to my right where he was showing off for different alcoholics. "Are you his sister or something?"

She smiled confidently. "No, I'm his girlfriend, Chaerin."

I bugged out my eyes dramatically, thanking my highschool theatre group in my head. "Girlfriend?" I repeated. "Seungri never told me he had a girlfriend too!"

"What?"

"You know, maybe he swings both ways or something, because I've only ever heard about his boyfriend…" I quietly fake pondered to myself.

This Chaerin character was either extremely gullible or I was just a damn good actor because she look confused and pissed. Yet, was still listening to me. "What do you mean? And who?"

"Well, I've only met him a few times, but he said his name was Jiyong. Maybe you know him?"

Her face was turning red and her eyebrows were almost reaching her hairline. "That's not possible, Seungri told me they were brothers."

"He told me the same thing, but then I caught them kissing in our back room."

"I don't-"

"Chaerin," I said, my façade cracking and a smile appearing on my face. "I'm just pulling your leg here, Seungri is crazy about you and you only."

"Oh." She breathed out a sigh of relief and snickered. "That's good. You're a really good liar…"

"I'd like to think about it as acting more than lying." She smiled softly. "I'm Seunghyun by the way."

As we started talking, I realized Chaerin was kind of like Jiyong, if you really thought about it. Although she came of as confident and well put together, she was still reserved and delicate. And she definitely had that natural beauty about her that was hard to miss. She then said that she had an interest in art, in drawing. I was even more convinced that they were a version of each other. I guess Seungri and I sort of had the same preferences in people.

"My boyfriend loves to draw," I said with a smile. "One time he drew my eye with a dry-erase marker and it was spot on."

"What's his name?" she asked kindly. "I might know him from an art class or something."

"Oh, I'm actually dating Jiyong!" How could I have forgotten to mention that very important detail? Maybe it's because he wasn't there at the moment or I was engulfed in whatever Chaerin was saying. She had a way with words.

"Really? I didn't know…" She paused for a moment. "I just didn't know he was gay."

"He's a little less obvious than I am," I said quietly. "Keeps to himself a lot."

"He's deaf right?"

"Yeah."

"I don't mean to sound rude, but how do you deal with that? Relationships are hard as it is and I was just wondering how you two make it work."

"Well sometimes I don't even notice he can't hear, but other times it's hard to manage." I thought for a moment, thinking about all the time Jiyong and I had been spending with each other lately. "I've never heard him complain about it once though… he's such a strong person and you'd really like him if you got to know him. Maybe one day you two can get together and draw something."

Chaerin laughed, short and high-pitched but awfully cute. Seungri didn't usually fall for simple girls like her; he's more into the scantily clad ones that put out easily. Chaerin had a sort of girl next door look to her with that touch of inner artist. She dressed like she was somewhat trying but also didn't care and hardly wore any makeup. Like I said before - female Jiyong.

"I've only met him once or twice," she said, snapping me back into reality. "He just shook my hand and disappeared somewhere."

"Next time you see him bring a pen and a notepad," I explained. "You'll definitely get to know him more."

"Can't he talk?"

"I… don't know." The topic had never come up between Jiyong and I before but I added it to my mental list of questions for him and put it at the very top, right above my questions about Youngbae.

The semi-awkward moment was broken when Seungri came basically barreling across the bar and wrapped his arms around the blonde, almost lifting her off the ground. There was a lot of affection put into that, more than I'd ever seen Seungri give to anyone besides Jiyong, and that was only sometimes. He put his girlfriend down and gave her a passionate kiss on the lips, smiling with her.

"I didn't know you were here already," he said, panting from running or kissing, I wasn't sure which. "Why didn't you come find me? I almost punched some guy in the face when he was eyeing you from across the bar."

"Sorry," she said. Her cheeks were starting to turn pink, maybe from embarrassment. "Seunghyun and I were just talking."

Seungri's smile dropped and his head snapped towards me. "What did you say to her?"

"Oh nothing," I sang, grinning. "I only told her that you're a registered -offender, leader of a Dungeons and Dragons club, explained how you have a creepily ual relationship with your step bother, and on the weekends you put on your best undies to go pole dancing at the gay strip club downtown. Just the facts, Seungri."

"I hate you," he grumbled as he put a protective arm around Chaerin's shoulder.

"At least I made you sound interesting."

Chaerin waved to me as she and Seungri went back to his side of the bar and the rest of my night was uneventful. Chaerin was a very nice girl, nicer than the ones I usually saw Seungri with, and I was hoping that she would be a good influence on him.

________________________________________
 

At my sign language class the next day, we went over the same things we had on Tuesday, along with learning some more words that would show up in everyday life. The teacher had said something that day that caught my attention- "Facial expression is important in sign language. Most especially the eyebrows. If you're not sure if someone is asking a question or not, look at their eyebrows."

The more I thought about it the truer it seemed to be. When I went over the few times I'd seen Jiyong sign in my head, I realized how true that was. He used his eyebrows a lot when he was signing and I made a note to look at his face more than his hands next time.

I hadn't heard from him since the night before when he said he was going to be early, and I knew for a fact that when I was sick my heart was always warmed when someone would check up on me. I would've just gone over to his house but that's annoying and he wouldn't be exactly thrilled with that if he still felt bad.

Feeling any better?

A lot better actually. I had a huge migraine last night.

Well I'm glad you're better.

Me too :) I have to go run some errands but I'll text you in a couple hours.

Have fun.

Errands are never fun XD

'Run some errands'? Jiyong didn't run errands, not that I knew of. I didn't let it bother me that much and went on with my day, feeding Charlie on my way to the bar and going over new signs in my head the entire way there.

________________________________________
 

Jiyong was missing in action for most of the day but I noticed I still had his sweatshirt on and it smelled like him. Seungri actually caught me breathing in the piney-citrus scent on more than one occasion and was giving me a weird look, though he didn't say anything about it. Maybe he understood – I just missed my boyfriend – or maybe he didn't care. Either way, Jiyong wasn't next to me so I would smell his hoodie all I damn well pleased.

Although I don't really remember what time it was when I finally heard from Jiyong, I knew something was wrong. He sounded off, like something was bothering him but he wouldn't just come out and say it. I knew him better than he thought I did.

Can you come over? I mean, if you're not too busy at the bar…

Of course. Are you okay?

I'm fine. Just miss you.

Give me half an hour. I'll see you soon.

My mind went straight to the worst case scenario, even though Jiyong said he was fine. I assumed that he was sick or dying or in pain or someone else was. Maybe his cat died, maybe his little brother died, maybe someone was kidnapped or missing. Whatever it was that upset him caused me to speed down the highway and nearly get pulled over by the police.

I was surprised to find that the door to Jiyong's apartment was unlocked, which added to my growing unease. We'd only been dating for two months, which seemed like an eternity, but I knew he kept his doors locked. He had some strange fear about spiders finding out how to open his door and no matter how often I told him they were just going to crawl under it, he still kept it locked.

It was also a bit shocking to hear the blasting Nirvana song coming from his apartment. I barely heard it from the hallway, but once I was inside his small home it was loud enough to make me cringe. The pounding bass was close to making the windows shake, I'm sure, and I followed the sound to its source - Jiyong's bedroom.

Jiyong wasn't bleeding to death on his bedroom floor, or violently seizing in a corner somewhere. He had every single one of his limbs and wasn't vomiting blood or screaming in agony. No, he was sitting on the edge of his bed, with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands, tears I hadn't seen yet streaming down his facing, completely unaware that I'd shown up until I knelt down in front of him and made him look at me.

His eyes were the deep dark brown I'd only seen flashes of when he was lost in his own thoughts. The swirling depths weren't calm, like usual. They were like an ocean during the worst of hurricanes; too many things crashing in them for me to really see. If I knew anything at all, it was that Jiyong was clearly distressed and I wasn't making him feel any better.

He gave me a pitiful sniffle and I let him lean into me, bury his face into my neck. I'd seen Jiyong cry on more than one occasion – he was a little sensitive sometimes –but never like that. He would only let his tears fall towards the misfortune of others. Whenever those commercials for the ASPCA came on showing all of those beaten animals he'd cry a bit or if something on the news was particularly terrible his eyes would well up. He cried for me when I spoke of my parents, and for anyone else who had a sad story to tell. Yet I'd never seen him shed a tear for himself until that day.

I didn't know what was wrong or what else to do, so I just let him cry into my shoulder for a long while, with Nirvana playing the same song over and over and over again, at least five times, Kurt Cobain wailing in my ear. I didn't want to abandon Jiyong so I didn't let him go to turn off the CD player I didn't know he had.

When my neck got a kink in it and my knees were starting to hurt, I finally let Jiyong go and swept the still falling tears from his cheeks. He was still beautiful as ever, even with wet cheeks and red, puffy eyes. I had to get my phone out just to ask what was wrong, but he didn't have his with him so I had to type it as a note, cursing my inability to fluently use sign language.

Jiyong's hands were shaking when he picked up my phone to answer.

I still can't hear it. The player says it's really loud but I still can't hear it. I can only feel it, a little.

There wasn't much I could say to that, though I knew what was wrong now. I sighed lightly and handed Jiyong a tissue from the box on his desk, still not turning the music down. I was used to it by then and I had a sort of idea that I hoped would make him feel better.

I let Jiyong blow his nose and slow down his tears for a few moments while I listened to the song. Or felt, rather. The song itself was very fast paced but the bass drum was slower than the rest of it. It could've easily been mistaken for a classical song or something else that was slow if one could only feel it instead of hear it.

I offered my hand to Jiyong, who took it gratefully as I pulled him to his feet. He tried to go to the bathroom, no doubt to try and get himself together, but I kept him close to me, our bodies touching. The hand that was holding his moved up and the other settled on his hip. Jiyong looked confused, though he went with it, and eventually started moving his feet with mine, the both of us slowly going in a small circle.

Jiyong had never danced before, I hadn't really expected him to, and so I lead him in our strange little dance, dipping my head down once or twice to kiss him for a brief moment. It was weird, slow dancing to such a fast song, but I let myself block everything out besides Jiyong and that one bass drum, and soon it started to make sense. For a few seconds I couldn't even hear the rest of the song, and it was just the drum, thumping in time to the movements of our feet and the beating of our hearts.

 

A/N: Okay, I had to put that part in there..there's a reason to everything, I promise. Well I hope there is..because I never really know what'll happen next hehe. But I promise that nothing bad, well nothing TOO bad will happen in chapters to come because every one has their problems and every relationship will face some rocky moments. Andddd this is after all a fluff fest! hehe ^^ 

Comment, subscribe, vote up, all those good stuff. hehe Thanks for reading everyone~ ^^