The Dinner.

Unspoken Words

A/N: Another chapter! Now that's three chapters in three days. I demand you to comment now as thanks! haha Joking lovelies. I just felt like writing, so I hope you liked this. (: And thank you to those who've been commenting and to all my subscribers, I love you guys! Mind to up vote for this story as well? hehe //BOWSS//

 

It didn’t really dawned on me what I was getting myself into until I was putting the directions Jiyong gave me into my GPS. I remember him saying that his parents were really over-protective of him, especially ever since Youngbae came along. I know that they were most probably going to ask me many embarrassing and awkward questions that I wasn't going to want to answer. But it's not like I could really blame them; their son is deaf and had been stepped on by way too many people who thought he was worthless.

My hands were shaking when I was about to start my drive over. Why was I so nervous? This is just going to be a dinner..I’ve had dinners for everyday of my life, well except for times when I was too lazy to cook and eat, or when I was too busy trying to find myself another form of meat that was not totally edible..or when..wait, I’m rambling. I sighed and started my drive slowly thinking about how Jiyong had given me a fair warning about how his parents were a little over-protective, but I was still worried that I'd make the wrong first impression or something. The worst case scenario would only be if I were to get a raging in front of Jiyong's parents and the odds of that happening were slim to none..well, unless Jiyong showed up sweaty and . I don’t think that is going to happen, so I should've been happy and confident, like I usually am. It would be fine.

The Kwon's house was huge. I knew Jiyong and his family was pretty well off – I have heard that his parents were CEO's of some big company - but I wasn't expecting a mansion like this. It made me wonder why Jiyong had moved into a little apartment complex that was probably about one eighth of the entire house. I decided to save the question for later as I made my way to the large front door.

Jiyong answered the door, unknowingly giving me something to smile about. He gave me a big grin as he pulled me inside, planting his lips on mine for only a second. The inside of his parents' house seemed almost bigger than the outside, with marble and granite everywhere, along with sculptures and paintings which I am sure cost as much, if not more than my little bar. Everything was sparkling clean and for a second I expected a butler to offer me an iced tea. It was all rather Victorian.

Jiyong took my hand and offered to take me to the game room where his other siblings were and I thought Holy , they've got a game room. It was kind of weird to me, having never been in such a big house that wasn't turned into a museum before. I did want to meet his siblings though. 

The game room was just as big and grand as everything else in that house. There were three rows of black leather recliners and a large screen at the front of the room, which was showing a violent video game being played by two dark-haired teens in the front row. One of them was an older girl, looking like she was just out of college, with pitch black hair that cascaded down her back; if it were any longer she would be sitting on it. The other one was a boy, it was non other than Seungri.

I'd actually heard them before I saw them, as the girl had been exclaiming random things when Seungri started to beat her at whatever game they were playing. When Jiyong and I walked in, they both looked up at me for a second and went back to their game almost immediately. Within a few seconds there was a loud explosion and Seungri triumphantly set down his controller while the girl flung hers onto another chair.

"So you're the new boyfriend, huh?" she asked, walking over to me with a grace I'd only seen in Bom before.

"Yeah, unless there's someone else I should know about."

She smiled and I knew I had won her over for the time being when she stuck out her hand for me to shake. "Ga-In."

"Seunghyun." She had a very firm grip.

"Oh I know who you are." Ga-In's eyes slid over to Jiyong for a moment, who was blushing again. "I like your shoes by the way."

Even though I had dressed considerably less Seunghyun than usual, I'd still kept my designer shoes. "Jimmy is the best," I said with a smile.

"Who's Jimmy?" said Seungri as he walked over to us.

"He's a designer," Ga-In said with a smirk. "You wouldn't know him."

"So are you gonna be an like Youngbae?" he suddenly blurted out.

"Seungri!" Ga-In exclaimed, smacking his arm.

"What?" he asked innocently. "I just want to make sure he's-"

"We'll just go now," Ga-In said as she grabbed Seungri’s arm. "See you during dinner!" She dragged him out of the room and I could hear her quietly screaming at him in the hallway. I felt my phone vibrate in my not-as-tight-as-usual pants.

Sorry about them. They never fail to embarrass me.

It's ok, they're just looking out for you.

I guess you could call it that…

He looked pretty embarrassed and it was too cute. He just looked like those sad puppy that are always on commercials for animal abuse and I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him. His hair was a little damp so I figured he took a shower and breathed in his scent. He still smelled like the pine he always smelled like but it was more prominent then. My nerves were slowly calming down around him and for a moment I almost wondered why I was so nervous in the first place.

Time to meet your parents?

Unfortunately.

We linked our fingers together and he led the way to a room that was emitting some smell that made my mouth water. Maybe he had a personal chef along with a butler. It wouldn't be that surprising what with the smell that was making my stomach growl.

Instead of a big and jolly man with a mustache and a white chef hat, there was a tall woman wearing an apron in the kitchen, still somehow looking sophisticated even with a little flour on her cheek. She stood tall and confident. She was adding spices to things and adding ingredients like she was a professional. Clearly she was Jiyong's mother and I could definitely see the resemblance throughout the whole family- it seemed like they all had beautiful smiles and dark brown eyes that dazzles in the light. Jiyong's were the best though.

She noticed us immediately and it made me think she was very aware of her surroundings, which wasn't exactly a bad thing. She greeted us happily, giving Jiyong a quick hug and shaking my hand much like Ga-In had.

"You must be Seunghyun," she said with a smile. I nodded. "Well, we've certainly heard lots about you."

Maybe Jiyong's blush hadn't gone away from the exchange with his siblings or he'd caught what his mother said because his cheeks were turning pink again. We sat at the island in the middle of the kitchen, silently and almost awkwardly watching his mother cook dinner.

"It smells delicious Mrs. Kwon," I said quietly.

"Thank you," she said. "But you can just call me Lee Na." She turned to Jiyong and started signing to him, while still speaking for me. "Jiyong, will you get your father and tell him dinner's almost ready? He's in the library."

I could tell Jiyong wanted to argue with her but all he did was give a small sigh and peck my cheek before going off in search of his father. As soon as he was out of sight my nerves reached their peak as I realized that Mrs. Kwon had been watching me rather intently. Obviously she had something to say.

"Seunghyun, I don't mean to 'interrogate' you, as Jiyong says," she started. "But I'm his mother; I need to know who my son is dating."

"Of course." I had a nice way of keeping my voice steady and my body language confident when I was freaking out on the inside. All you had to do was look at my sweaty hands to give me away though.

"Ever since Youngbae…I didn't really think Jiyong would be dating so soon. I'm going to assume you know who Youngbae is, correct?" The way she was staring me down was making me feel like a teenager who just got caught doing drugs or something.

"Yes, I know who he is."

She sighed almost inaudibly. "I thought he was a nice young man before he turned out to be the exact opposite."

"That must've been hard to watch."

"It was." There was a small pause as Mrs. Kwon took something out of the oven and then there was a strange change of topic. "How did you and Jiyong meet, exactly?

"I own the bar where Seungri works, Top n’ Top’s," I started and she nodded for me to continue. "One night I was actually about to leave and I saw this man who I'd never seen before walk in. He was so… quiet and shy and beautiful I just had to talk to him."

"Even after you figured out he was deaf?"

"To be honest it just made me want to talk to him even more."

"He certainly likes you," she said with a new smile. "It seems like you're the only thing he talks about now."

I had to contain the grin that threatened to take over my face when she told me that. Jiyong apparently really liked me and for some reason I was surprised by that. I figured that Jiyong would be the person to keep quiet about who he liked, but since we were officially a couple I guess it shouldn't have been that much of a shock. I'd heard from Seungri, Ga-In, and now Mrs Kwon that he wouldn't shut up about me. It was a very nice feeling to have.

"And hopefully you two are being safe…?"

It took me a moment to realize what she was asking but if I had something to drop it would've been on the floor for sure. "Oh… oh! Uhm, no, we haven't uhm…" Damn my stuttering. "I'm waiting for him," I finished lamely. The amount of awkward in the room was close to choking me. I was talking about gay with my deaf boyfriend's mother while she cooked dinner… Fantastic.

"You're a very nice gentleman, Seunghyun," she said genuinely. "I think you'll be good for Jiyong."

The Kwons had impeccable timing, as Jiyong and his father walked in just as Mrs. Kwon turned back to the food. Jiyong's dad a lot like him, probably an inch or two above me, and stood with his back very straight like he had a long stick stuck up his .

We introduced ourselves and I found out that his name was Kwon Seung Woo. It also seemed like the Kwons had a habit of shaking peoples' hands tightly enough to make them flinch, because I swear Seung Woo damn near broke my hand and he was definitely staring me down. And I thought Jiyong's mom was intimidating.

Dinner was going to be interesting.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The dinner Mrs Kwon made was absolutely delicious that I actually had to stop myself from ramming it all in my mouth and digging my face into everything. That's not the best thing to do when you're first meeting your boyfriend's parents, so I took an inconspicuous deep breath and paced myself throughout the meal in order to avoid strange looks and indigestion.

Their dining room table was really big but I could still see everyone around me. Seungri kept ignoring everything and only concentrated on his food, Ga-In kept grinning every time Jiyong and I so much as looked at each other, Mrs Kwon was keeping the conversation going, and Mr Kwon was sort of just looking at me with a weird glint in his eyes. And Jiyong… well Jiyong had kept quiet. His hands were too occupied with eating and the rest of him was too occupied with being embarrassed by his family to really say anything. To help him calm down, my hand hadn't left his knee unless I needed it to shovel food into my mouth. Occasionally I'd pinch him with my thumb and forefinger, getting him right where it really tickled and making him jump a bit. He'd smack my hand away but I'd always put it right back where it needed to be. It was a cute little game to play during dinner.

Mr Kwon was starting to get scary, though. He was looking at me like I'd called his mother a bad name or something and I didn't have any idea what I did wrong. I was using my table manners, I wasn't his son's face, I was answering all of the stupid questions they were asking me about where I lived, and if I had a steady job, and if I had any history of DUI's, yet he was sitting there, looking like he wanted to murder me. At one point I actually thought he was going to kill me when he reached for his steak knife, which was ridiculous, but can you really blame me?

He actually made me so nervous that I spilled a bunch of ice water on my crotch. Thankfully, Jiyong was the only one who saw and he slipped me a few napkins underneath the table. I was just happy that I hadn't been drinking something with color in it or, god forbid, the coffee I had been offered earlier. I'd rather have a cold wet crotch than a blazing hot wet crotch any day. It dried enough that you couldn't see it after a few minutes but I knew it would start to chafe because of the wet denim. A slew of curses went through my head.

Sometime during the night Jiyong's parents got on the topic of my own mother and father. When they asked me where my parents were I had to quietly and politely inform them that they had passed away a long time ago. That was something Jiyong and I hadn't touched on yet and I knew he'd caught the exchange when he looked at me with big eyes, slightly hurt. I didn't want to talk about my parents with anyone and I knew it would've taken me a long time to tell Jiyong about them, but the last thing I wanted was to have it brought up while we were having dinner with the rest of the Kwons. It was definitely something we were going to have to talk about later.

I thought he might give me the cold shoulder for the rest of the evening but all he did was take my hand in his, grasping it tightly as it rested on his leg. I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend at that moment; he didn't push the topic at the dinner table and I almost forgot about it. Almost.

Soon afterwards, all of the plates that had been filled with seconds and thirds were scraped clean and the conversation began to slow down in no time. I offered to help clean things up but Mrs Kwon said she'd let Jiyong and I have some 'privacy' for a little while as he took me on a small tour of the house. It was hard to feel like Jiyong and I could have a private moment when all I could think about was Mr Kwon and his scary eyes seeping into my soul.

Jiyong took my hand and first led to me to the library which was clear on the other side of the huge house. It was probably bigger than my entire apartment, with bookshelves built into all four walls and big mahogany desks in the center. It was very beautiful and clean, and it must've been Jiyong's favorite spot in the house because he loved to read so much.

He was examining one of the bookshelves, running his finger down the spine of a particularly old book and caressing it much like you would with something delicate, like a flower. I felt bad about the thing with my parents but I didn't really know what to say to him, so I just came up from behind and put my hands on his hips, placing my chin on his shoulder. He relaxed into my touch and removed his finger from the spine of the old book, resting his hand on my cheek instead. I kissed him near his jaw, behind his ear, and smiled at the little goose bumps that showed up there.

He pulled away from me and held out his hand for me to take, leaving the library at a faster pace. I'd wanted to stand there and cuddle him for a little longer but I was kind of excited to see where he was taking me. We ended up in an elevator I hadn't noticed before that took us up a couple floors and I was pulled down a wide hallway to a small room that was hardly decorated.

There was a bed in the corner along with a small bookshelf that was completely full and a lounge chair. The bedside tables had almost nothing on them, save for a picture or two of the other Kwons, and the walls were a very light shade of blue that may be mistaken for off white if you looked at it too fast.

This is your room?

It was.

Jiyong sat down on the edge of his gray bed and I joined him, looking around some more. They say that your room is a reflection of your personality, and for the most part that was true with Jiyong and his room but he wasn't all just monotone colors and books, he had his quirks. So where were they in his bedroom?

Has it always been this bare? Or did you take everything down when you moved?

It's not bare. You just haven't looked hard enough.

Jiyong got off the bed to move to his bedside table where he rifled through a few drawers only to come back to me with a sketchbook in his hands. It was completely filled with drawings of things ranging from flowers and random plants to a lazy looking gray cat and even a few people. The ones at the beginning were pretty good but as you got farther into the book you could tell that the sketches were getting better, and by the end they were oddly realistic. It was impressive to say the least.

As he was flipping through the book, Jiyong suddenly stopped and ripped out a random picture, crumbling it up and tossing it on the floor. I barely got to look at it before Jiyong tore it out, but I knew enough to realize it was an old drawing of Youngbae. Anger flared up inside me, not towards Jiyong for having the drawing, but towards Youngbae for breaking the heart of an angel like Jiyong.

I chose to ignore the crumpled Youngbae drawing on the floor and flipped through the sketchbook instead, pausing when something caught my eye. It was a drawing of a rose, really close up; I could see every little detail. The shading was beautiful and the flower looked like it was at the peak of perfection, it had probably died a few days later. Jiyong's name was signed in the corner in loopy cursive letters.

You can keep this one if you want.

Really?

Sure, I've got all of these photocopied on my laptop anyway.

He tore out the sketch and folded it into neat fourths, handing it to me so I could fit it in my pocket. It was such a delicately drawn photo that I was considering framing it but that may have been because it would be the only thing in my house that was any proof of Jiyong ever being there.

I hadn't had the chance to kiss Jiyong at all that day, not really, and he was there sitting on the edge of his bed, with his head slightly tilted to the side and his bottom lip between his teeth. It had been hard to keep myself contained when we were with his parents, and earlier I had thought I wouldn't be able to have a moment with him knowing his dad was lurking around but right then I finally had him alone… in his room… on his bed.

I gently took the sketchbook from him and set it on his bed sheets, placing my lips on his in a millisecond. Kissing Jiyong after not being able to for so long was like craving chocolate all day and then finally getting it right when you're about to give up hope. Jiyong's lips were as soft as they always were and his tongue was pretty smooth, too. In no time he had me wrapped around his finger or rather, his tongue, without really knowing it like he always did.

My hand was on his thigh and he was playing with my hair, which I'd left down. Soon we fell into our usual rhythm in which he led our lips and I led our bodies; it was a nice systematic way of making out with my boyfriend. I started pushing back a little and he followed me, ending up with me half on top of him on his bed.

Jiyong's tongue was dominating my mouth and I was just letting him because he was doing it so well. I almost felt like a rebellious teenager; I was kissing my boyfriend in his parents' house where they could walk in at any moment. The only problem was that his dad scared the living out of me and if he found us I would either die of fright or because he murdered me.

Once my jaw started to cramp up and all I could taste was Jiyong, we collected ourselves and went back downstairs so I could say goodbye to everyone else. Jiyong's hair was more messed up than usual and I tried to pat it down when we were in the elevator, to no avail. His hair had no hope, but it was very y if you ask me. Pair messy hair with wet, swollen lips and you get me, almost spontaneously combusting at the sight of my boyfriend. He didn't even realize how y and beautiful he was.

I said goodbye to everyone in the same order I met them- First Ga-In who actually gave me a hug, then Seungri who was acting a bit more gentlemanly, and Mrs Kwon who gave me leftovers to take home, and finally Mr Kwon who just shook my hand and told me I was a very polite man. He confused me greatly, first starting off with cold stares and silence, then ending with an almost smile and a compliment. Maybe he had an epiphany when I was off lip locking with his son…

Jiyong took me outside on his front step after I'd said goodbye to everyone and gave me a long hug, then brought up something I'd hoped he'd forgotten when we were in his room.

Will you tell me about your parents one day?

Come by the bar tomorrow and we can talk about it.

Okay.

He kissed me very softly and pulled me closer to him by my belt loops, his thumbs grazing the exposed skin near my jeans. It felt like someone was watching us, I could feel someone's eyes on me, and when I cracked my eye open I saw Ga-In dart away from the nearby window. I didn't acknowledge her and just kissed Jiyong harder, enjoying the way his lips tasted. It was a little difficult to hold a Tupperware container of leftovers and kiss my boyfriend at the same time so I had to pull away before I really wanted to, but seeing Jiyong's flushed face was almost better than kissing him.

Goodnight.

Goodnight gorgeous.

 

 

A/N: Okay I know in real life, Jiyong's sister is Dami and his mother and father are very nice and friendly people and everything, but this is my story, so I will make Han Ga-In as Jiyong's sister and you can't do anything about it! Also the parents' names are made up. My unnie on twitter helped me with the name. kkk~ Thank you Insani Unnie! haha
Anyways, what did you think of this? I hope you enjoyed the cute little dinner they had and OMG does Mr Kwon dislike Seunghyun? I hope not! His son and Seunghyun are so adorable together. I hope he will warm up to him one day! hehe
As usualy, comment and all that stuff, nehhh? ^^

PS: Originally broke this into two chapters, but decided to just shorten it a bit and make it one instead. hehe ><