Meet The Parents.

Unspoken Words

A/N: Wow, I'm already updating this. haha I must love you guys so much. And tbh, this chapter was deleted when I first wrote it because I accidentally pulled the plug to my charger while my battery was off, so since AFF don't do autosave, it was gone. Idek why I didn't do this on words. I only ever draft roughly there. =__='
Anyways, enjoy~ 

 

You want me to meet your parents?

My handwriting was messy and hastily written. My phone was dead and it’s a busy night. As much as I liked Jiyong and wanted to spend time with him, I had my responsibilities and the best I could do is multitask right now. And I could only multitask so fast. I had called Soo Hyuk and Yanggaeng for help but they had yet to show up and if one more goddamn person screamed at me for a cheap beer I was going to smash the bottle over their head and leave them to bleed to death on the floor. I get violent when I'm in a hectic situation. That’s normal for everyone, right?

After I'd made an annoyingly complicated drink for some swanky, rich- blond with fake that would probably cost more than the entire bar, I went back to where Jiyong was sitting on the opposite side of the bar. He had already replied and was sipping at the beer I'd given to him for free if he promised not to tell.

No. My parents are the one who wanted to meet you. I don't want you to.

Why is that?

"Hey?!" said the man behind the dollar bill being shoved in my face. "I've been asking for a beer for five minutes!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, sir," I said with mock concern. "It's such a shame that you had to spend five minutes of your already miserable life standing in a bar, holding a dollar bill, and saying nothing at all while expecting the bartenders to be mind-readers and hand you a sixty dollar beer on a silver platter." I snatched his dollar and slammed a beer down on the wooden bar in between us, not even bothering to open it or give him change. "Have a good day." The man glared at me but took the beer anyways and walked away. I looked down at the napkin.

If you're too busy I can go.

No, it'll slow down in about an hour. Please don't go.

Okay. But let me know if I can do anything to help.

The fact that you're here being cute is helping.

I had enough time to see him blush but after that I was running around too much to talk to him, though I occasionally caught him staring at me. It was so cute when he'd blush harder and bite his lip as he looked back down at his beer. Sometime in the night or morning, depends on how you see it, we started up a silent staring contest type of game; I'd try to look away before he caught me and he'd try to look away before I caught him. We never locked eyes for more than a second but I was glad that it gave me an excuse to admire him for a while.

It must've been about one-thirty by the time I looked over to Jiyong and he didn't look away, instead he gestured me over to him. Things had slowed down enough that I could actually sit and talk to him. The first thing he did when I got there was take my hand in his. We both smiled at each other and we just kind of stayed there, not really saying anything until I remembered something that made me let go of him so I could write it down.

You said something about meeting your parents…

Right. Well, as soon as I said something about you to them, they insisted on inviting you to dinner.

You sound like don't want me to come over.

It's not that I don't want you to, but my parents are really embarrassing and still treat me like I'm six.

All parents do that. It's totally normal.

Well, they're going to interrogate you.

It'll be fine.

He just blew his bangs out of his eyes and looked up at me with a certain expression that made a giggle bubble out from my lips. He looked like he had given up on convincing me not to go but still didn't want me to which gave his face a boyish tint to it, in a way that reminded me of a teenager. It was incredibly cute.

After I had finally convinced Jiyong that everything would be fine with his parents (even though I was more nervous about it than I was showing) we moved on to topics of lesser importance, like what games would be on that week. I honestly had no idea who he was talking about when he started going on about some team but I just agreed with whatever he said until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

Seungri had already locked everything besides the front door by the time Jiyong and I were on our way out. The younger  bartender gave him a quick (manly) hug and flashed the sign for "I love you" then nodded to me before walking out into the cold and very early morning. "I love you" was one of the few signs I knew, as I had seen it as the last sign they included in the alphabet when I'd gone onto Wikipedia to study the ones Jiyong had been teaching me.

Jiyong tugged at my collar to get my attention and kissed me across the bar. I melted a little on the inside and of course kissed him back, frowning when he pulled away much too soon. He gave me a little innocent smile and we exchanged our goodbyes. I watched him as he left, like I always did. He had this bounce in his step, almost like he was dancing to his own beat as he was walking away. It was very cute, just like everything else he did.

I made the short trip home and snuggled up next to Charlie in my bed, exhausted. My body felt heavy with sleepiness and my eyelids were drooping but my mind was buzzing all around with thoughts of love. I didn't know if I loved Jiyong per say, though there were definitely a lot of strong feelings between us… The last time I'd felt so strongly about someone was when I was dating Daesung.

Dae had been my really serious boyfriend once upon a time and he was the first person I fell really hard for. We were together for a long time but things turned sour after it got too serious; he wanted me to move in with him and when I didn't give him an immediate yes he started to question our relationship and lots of things went down that I'd tried to forget about. I guess I just wasn't ready for something that serious and I really didn't want to go down that road with Jiyong.

That's not to say that I didn't want a serious relationship with him, it's just that I was worried I wouldn't be ready again. Jiyong was all I wanted in a man, or even a person for that matter. He was sweet and genuine, without being too happy or annoying and he was such a strong person. There were little things he did that some people may find irritating but to me they were endearing… and always cute. So cute. The boy, man, had me wrapped around his finger and either had no clue or simply refused to take advantage of the fact.

There was definitely something special about him, something I couldn't quite place. It wasn't that he was deaf, which was entirely different; I was actually getting used to not speaking to him directly. It was the way he acted like he didn't even care about not being able to hear that kind of spoke to me. He didn't pull that card. 'I'm deaf, feel bad for me' was not something I could ever imagine him telling me or anyone else even in a playful matter. He was serious about it without being a douchebag. Jiyong being a douchebag was just ridiculous in my mind. There were so many things about him that I loved and it seemed like all I ever did was go on about Jiyong this and Jiyong that. I couldn't believe Bom had put up with me for that long when all I ever talked about was him…

And I was going to meet his parents on Sunday…

 

A/N: It's short, I know. I'm sorry..but I feel like 'Sunday' needs its own chapter. And I bet when I said I had 'plans' for the next chapter before you weren't expecting JUST a dinner. Sorry to disappoint..but like I said, I wanted this to be slow, like how we'd do it in real life.. hehe Anyway, comment, vote, and all that stuff. If you're nice enough, I might put up a new chapter soon! :P
Oh, and for those who didn't know, I'm writing this new GRI fic, but it's for friends' view only for now, so add me up if you want to view it! ^^ //BOWS//